Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angels Pitcher Tyler Skaggs DD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    https://www.latimes.com/sports/angel...s-rusty-hardin

Tyler Skaggs’ autopsy: Fentanyl, oxycodone and alcohol led to death by choking on vomit.
    Yikes

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    Cocaine with fentanyl?
    Close.
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...ntal-overdose/
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    https://www.latimes.com/sports/angel...s-rusty-hardin

Tyler Skaggs’ autopsy: Fentanyl, oxycodone and alcohol led to death by choking on vomit.
    Yikes
    Bon Scott the original ACDC singer would be proud but then again he died the same way.

His family (Skaggs) is now making huge waves claiming somebody with the Angels was directly responsible for Tyler’s death and have hired a lawyer which means lawsuit is coming. The team will settle but question is who’s going to be thrown under the bus??

There are now some precedents for serious criminal charges if they can point the finger at somebody providing drugs that killed somebody. Wife’s ex husband who ODd in 2015 ended with his drug dealers being arrested and charged with manslaughter in Connecticut. (Think he plead out and still has to do 5 yrs which is a cross between not enough for causing a guys death but is mitigated by the fact the bastard ex husband was a fucking pedophile who molested my stepdaughter when she literally was a little kid but wife didn’t find out till her daughter finally let it out after their divorce little over 10yrs ago).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Bon Scott the original ACDC singer would be proud but then again he died the same way.

His family (Skaggs) is now making huge waves claiming somebody with the Angels was directly responsible for Tyler’s death and have hired a lawyer which means lawsuit is coming. The team will settle but question is who’s going to be thrown under the bus??

There are now some precedents for serious criminal charges if they can point the finger at somebody providing drugs that killed somebody. Wife’s ex husband who ODd in 2015 ended with his drug dealers being arrested and charged with manslaughter in Connecticut. (Think he plead out and still has to do 5 yrs which is a cross between not enough for causing a guys death but is mitigated by the fact the bastard ex husband was a fucking pedophile who molested my stepdaughter when she literally was a little kid but wife didn’t find out till her daughter finally let it out after their divorce little over 10yrs ago).
    What a laugh. All American boy dies an ugly death after being plied
    with alcohol and opiates by some undersireable.

Family probably has fuck you money but they want to drag down some
    team gopher for getting the player what he wanted

It's a slippery slope. Gun dealers beware

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Nice assumption but you know little to nothing about baseball professional contracts and it shows.. He was on a mid 6 figures per year contract up until 2018 roughly however his 2013 salary was a paltry $56,229 (his signing bonus wasn't even close to what Murray had to return to Oakland this year when he decided to play football instead of baseball) when he finally qualified for arbitration where somebody decides whether you get what the team thinks your worth or you do and that's it.. Its a crap shoot and he did cross over the $1m a season barrier that season.. Mind you his agent gets a chunk plus he plays in LA do after the agents cut and Uncle Sam and the CA Franchise tax board he might have made 400k last year when all was said and done.. so no jackwad his family didn't have throw away money living in some expensive mansion etc which is why this likely going ot get ugly.. Argument can likely be made the Angels were directly responsible for his death thus opening up a likely 8 probably more likely 9 figure lawsuit number for loss of earnings potential as he was a decent pitcher and contract numbers have been escalating one could easily argue when he truly hit FA he was looking at a contract over 100M in total value easily..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post

Nice assumption but you know little to nothing about baseball professional contracts and it shows.. He was on a mid 6 figures per year contract up until 2018 roughly however his 2013 salary was a paltry $56,229 (his signing bonus wasn't even close to what Murray had to return to Oakland this year when he decided to play football instead of baseball) when he finally qualified for arbitration where somebody decides whether you get what the team thinks your worth or you do and that's it.. Its a crap shoot and he did cross over the $1m a season barrier that season.. Mind you his agent gets a chunk plus he plays in LA do after the agents cut and Uncle Sam and the CA Franchise tax board he might have made 400k last year when all was said and done.. so no jackwad his family didn't have throw away money living in some expensive mansion etc which is why this likely going ot get ugly.. Argument can likely be made the Angels were directly responsible for his death thus opening up a likely 8 probably more likely 9 figure lawsuit number for loss of earnings potential as he was a decent pitcher and contract numbers have been escalating one could easily argue when he truly hit FA he was looking at a contract over 100M in total value easily..
    You're right, I should not have assumed. But that was not my main point. There is no law suit if you go out and purchase drugs and die from an overdose (pleasse do). Ball players or "people with money" have been known to pay someone to do that job for them. The term is team gopher or something similar. That seems to be what the family is going for.

Their poor innocent baby was force fed drugs and alcohol by some irresponsible employee of the team. A team that has a lot of money btw. Comprende dipshit?

Load Metric

You're right, I should not have assumed. But that was not my main point. There is no law suit if you go out and purchase drugs and die from an overdose (pleasse do). Ball players or "people with money" have been known to pay someone to do that job for them. The term is team gopher or something similar. That seems to be what the family is going for.

Their poor innocent baby was force fed drugs and alcohol by some irresponsible employee of the team. A team that has a lot of money btw. Comprende dipshit?
    I get your point but I also maintain you are misreading the situation.. This whole things seems to not make sense to his family but more so teammates of his with the Angels and his brief stint in AZ.. There was zero indication this guy was an alchy (you of all people should understand that mindset Les) let alone doing drugs as claimed.. And those guys are tested for controlled substance abuse not just PEDs and anything that's not RX is a forced intervention situation.. There was supposedly no active RX for him to take oxy or anything (which would've had to be registered not only with the team but nowadays that shit goes in the database of the state its filled in and generally that info is now shared nationwide to avoid people popping state lines to DR shop (which became close to impossible when Controlled Scripts had to be registered and logged within each state to check if people were getting multiple scripts above normal guidelines and why they are now required to get photo IDs from people picking up scripts be it the patient or a family member in the same household).. Its not as easy as it was only few years back and rarely do sports figures at least those who have legit opoid abuse issues just decide hey lets say screw the system and Ill just buy all illegal shit on the street from randoms.. again like I said MLB tests for that shit so without a valid script he would've been caught within a short time..

Les lets be frank for a second.. You of all people who have a legit major history of substance abuse issues should know full well the games addicts play.. Nothing points to Skaggs doing any of that.. Not everybody is an addict whos rebounded so often it rivals the numbers of an NBA franchise player.. You always assume the worst in everybody I think because of your own sad miserable history.. I get it you see peoples foibles in your own issues man.. I aint trying to be a dick at all in fact.. Just saying your jaded responses bely somebody whos had a lot of shit dumped on you and you self medicated via alcohol to deal with it sadly rehab failed you in one regard which is why you've fallen down so many times.. Nobody ever taught you how to deal with shit when you start spiraling to avoid a relapse in your recovery and falling down into the bottle again for solace.. My dad was a ridiculous alchy so Ive seen it.. He medicated due to his own mental issues from two tours in nam and physical pain that never left him and the mental drain that accompanied it.. Oddly it wasn't the drinking that did him in (would've) but more like his 2 pack a day habit plus exposure to that Agent Orange crap was likely the cause of his cancer(s).

Load Metric
    blurb

Comments

Ryback_feed_me_more: Im green repping but almost think this deserves like a neutral.. Have zero clue other then you just had a case of premature posteration

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I get your point but I also maintain you are misreading the situation.. This whole things seems to not make sense to his family but more so teammates of his with the Angels and his brief stint in AZ.. There was zero indication this guy was an alchy (you of all people should understand that mindset Les) let alone doing drugs as claimed.. And those guys are tested for controlled substance abuse not just PEDs and anything that's not RX is a forced intervention situation.. There was supposedly no active RX for him to take oxy or anything (which would've had to be registered not only with the team but nowadays that shit goes in the database of the state its filled in and generally that info is now shared nationwide to avoid people popping state lines to DR shop (which became close to impossible when Controlled Scripts had to be registered and logged within each state to check if people were getting multiple scripts above normal guidelines and why they are now required to get photo IDs from people picking up scripts be it the patient or a family member in the same household).. Its not as easy as it was only few years back and rarely do sports figures at least those who have legit opoid abuse issues just decide hey lets say screw the system and Ill just buy all illegal shit on the street from randoms.. again like I said MLB tests for that shit so without a valid script he would've been caught within a short time..

Les lets be frank for a second.. You of all people who have a legit major history of substance abuse issues should know full well the games addicts play.. Nothing points to Skaggs doing any of that.. Not everybody is an addict whos rebounded so often it rivals the numbers of an NBA franchise player.. You always assume the worst in everybody I think because of your own sad miserable history.. I get it you see peoples foibles in your own issues man.. I aint trying to be a dick at all in fact.. Just saying your jaded responses bely somebody whos had a lot of shit dumped on you and you self medicated via alcohol to deal with it sadly rehab failed you in one regard which is why you've fallen down so many times.. Nobody ever taught you how to deal with shit when you start spiraling to avoid a relapse in your recovery and falling down into the bottle again for solace.. My dad was a ridiculous alchy so Ive seen it.. He medicated due to his own mental issues from two tours in nam and physical pain that never left him and the mental drain that accompanied it.. Oddly it wasn't the drinking that did him in (would've) but more like his 2 pack a day habit plus exposure to that Agent Orange crap was likely the cause of his cancer(s).
    This second parapraph is just you rattling on. Irrelevant to the conversation.
    Your earlier point about the player showing no signs of being an alcoholic means nothing as far more
    people enjoy drinking compared to the number of alcoholics.

Are you saying the family believes this was a murder?

I hope you will post your source for the information you speak of.
    Many people on this site like nightmarefish just blabber away with no
    mention of where they get their information.

edit. just read this from the L.A. Times

"The league could have records showing that Skaggs had a medical exemption to use the drugs, or that he had tested positive for them and had been referred to a counseling program. Major league players are not tested for so-called drugs of abuse without probable cause or participation in a treatment program.
    Positive tests for drugs of abuse are not made public under the major league testing program, and neither are individual exemptions.

Skaggs’ family could waive confidentiality to obtain those records so investigators could discover whether an exemption or a positive test had existed, said Wylie Aitken, a prominent Orange County attorney who has tried wrongful death cases."

Most of what the Times wrote makes what you reported seem incorrect or impossible to know at this point

Comments

splitthis: Get rid of ugly human avatar
    Last edited by limitles; 09-02-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They've charged an Angels employee with supplying the drugs which killed him:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...r-skaggs-death

Load Metric
    I am not sure what more evidence people need to not mix opiates and alcohol. Guy took Fentanyl, Oxycontin and had a blood alcohol level of .128. Addiction sucks, but at some point you have to have enough control to say 'yeah this is not a good idea'. I know a guy with a sleep disorder so he takes Ambien. He also drinks at night, I asked him if that is a good idea, he shrugged it off and said it was no big deal. Ok.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I am not sure what more evidence people need to not mix opiates and alcohol. Guy took Fentanyl, Oxycontin and had a blood alcohol level of .128. Addiction sucks, but at some point you have to have enough control to say 'yeah this is not a good idea'. I know a guy with a sleep disorder so he takes Ambien. He also drinks at night, I asked him if that is a good idea, he shrugged it off and said it was no big deal. Ok.
    You know a guy lol

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Thread Information