Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Friends Show Thread for 07/01/2019 *** 1:00am PT START TIME *** NO FREEROLL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Friends Show Thread for 07/01/2019 *** 1:00am PT START TIME *** NO FREEROLL

Show begins at 1:10am PDT on Monday, July 1, 2019.

You can listen by going to our Radio tab above, or clicking here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/radio.php

"Call To Listen Line": Call (605) 313-0736 to listen to the show from ANY PHONE in the world! No smartphone or app required! If you do have a smartphone, this will NOT cost you any data. There's an alternate number at (641) 741-1095.

Call in number: (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355. Make sure to show your caller ID, or the phone system will not let you through (you will probably get a busy signal)! You can also call our mountaintop number (an old '70s phone sitting on top of Mt. Charleston) at (702) 430-1808.

You can also text Druff at any time before, during, or after the show, at (775) 372-8355 (our main phone number).

You can follow along and interact with us in our live chat room, by clicking the Chat tab near the top of the screen. You need to be logged in and have flash capability on your computer to see the chat.

There is a no freeroll tonight.

Agenda for today:

- Caesars sold to El Dorado for $8.7 billion -- what you need to know

- WSOP Weeks 4-5 coverage:
    -- Druff runs deep: Upon return from a 2-week hiatus, Druff was in contention to win $1500 PLO8
    -- Druff plays "the weirdest hand ever" at $1500 Limit Holdem event
    -- "The hand heard 'round poker" -- Bryce Yockey takes worst poker beat ever in one of the worst spots ever
    -- Diamond (cards) are a WSOP player's best friend
    -- One more year: Rio looking "more likely than not" to be 2020 venue for WSOP

- On the double: Druff double-charged for food at Hash House at the Linq, nobody can fix it

- "Take your food and go home!" - Druff's altercation with Rio Smashburger shift manager leads to revelation of longstanding corporate "concern" about that restaurant

- Aria "private games" are back -- this time with a supposedly legal excuse to run them, angering many poker pros

- Poker pro Aaron Mermelstein claims he had $9000 stolen from him at the Ft. Lauderdale airport

- Update on Agua Caliente jackpot theft story

- 2019 Poker Hall of Fame candidates announced

- Please suggest other good topics if you don't see them here!

- We take your phone calls at (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Guys, I'm gonna scarf down a pizza and then we will get going soon.

Don't gotta play again til 8pm so I can stay up til whenever.

Comments

splitthis: Eat a banana instead

Load Metric
    Holy heck! It’s 9:30 AM in the East Coast and the radio show is still going! So glad Druff has regained his health and is crushing making internet radio great again!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Holy heck! It’s 9:30 AM in the East Coast and the radio show is still going! So glad Druff has regained his health and is crushing making internet radio great again!
    I think that was the Main Event

Load Metric
    Eating 1000's of calorie pizzas by himself, staying up til past 7am for the benefit of the shadowy truants of the poker world...I for one am glad to see that Druff is acting more and more like himself each and every day.

By the way, it's getting close to noon East Coast time, show is still not up...did you finally fall asleep while trying to stay awake puting the show online?

EDIT: before I posted this...there it is...

EDIT 2: I see there is not one, but two restaurant fail/complaint stories. By God, you're home Druff.

Comments

Sanlmar: Shadowy truants of poker. Great line
    Last edited by Forum Wars; 07-01-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Load Metric
    One more year: Rio looking "more likely than not" to be 2020 venue for WSOP
    Rio still a shithole.

If Caesars ever sells the Rio Hotel, they will need hundreds of millions of dollars to make it into a modern hotel.

Moving the WSOP to the Las Vegas strip is a good idea but it should move to Caesar's Palace.

Not Harrah's, Flamingo and the Linq, those are shit Las Vegas strip hotels.

No wonder Caesars/Rio/WSOP treats their players like shit.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

It is a compliment from me..i have a hard time sleeping. and yr voice is soothing..i usually hang for 3hrs..i love it...A compliment from me.run good.
    Last edited by shoeshine box; 07-01-2019 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh sweet a FRAUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDD SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, thanks Druff

Load Metric
    You know I like you man, but your shake story is probably the most embarrassing thing (if not top 5) you've ever shared. How do you not see how this isn't healthy? You're arguing for a fucking bullshit shake and trying to get people fired when you don't get 1 over a fucking burger man... come on.

Just to clarify I'm not saying their mistakes didn't warrant you saying something, I'm saying the way you handled it was wrong and probably is one of the underlying reasons of your stress.
    Last edited by handicapme; 07-02-2019 at 03:43 AM.
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    You know I like you man, but your shake story is probably the most embarrassing thing (if not top 5) you've ever shared. How do you not see how this isn't healthy? You're arguing for a fucking bullshit shake and trying to get people fired when you don't get 1 over a fucking burger man... come on.

Just to clarify I'm not saying their mistakes didn't warrant you saying something, I'm saying the way you handled it was wrong and probably is one of the underlying reasons of your stress.
    If I was in the right, and if I didn't create a scene (which I didn't), how was the story embarrassing?

I got stuck waiting for 30 minutes for a lol fast food burger when they fucked it up not once but TWICE, and the bitchy manager seemed to be giving me an attitude as if them making my food totally wrong was my problem.

So I asked for a shake while I waited for it to be made a second time, and they got belligerent and nasty with me about it.

Manager straight up told me that it's "tough luck" on me that it got made wrong twice, and that I "deserved nothing". I was nastily told, "Take your food and go home."

There's no way I would try to get fast food employees fired for just making a burger wrong, but this was really nasty and disrespectful. Also, aside from that, everyone there is totally incompetent and the place is chaos.

This is from Casey Carroll, whose friend was at Smashburger at the same time as me:

Do you think it would be a tragedy some of this staff got replaced?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW now that 10.5 months have passed since my problems in 2018, I have a lot more clarity as to what caused the psychological issues.

It wasn't poker, gambling, fighting with customer service, or getting into arguments with trolls online.

It was most likely a combination of a bad reaction to Nexium, a cold-turkey cessation of my daily caffeine intake, sleep deprivation, and the stress of feeling like I was choking every time I would lie down. Saying that arguing with fast food employees was what made last year's issues happen is just straight up false.

If that were true, this would have happened decades ago, not shown up suddenly at age 46.

As you can hear on radio, I've almost completely reversed what happened (psychologically, at least), and am almost all the way back to where I was before all of that started.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Glad you’re feeling so much better. You feel healthy enough now to address whether Trump should be impeached now, criminally charged later, or given a free pass for repeatedly obstructing justice?

Load Metric
    Found it a little strange that you see explaining 2-7 triple draw rules in 2019. Poker boom was over a decade ago, how do people not know the rules yet?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Found it a little strange that you see explaining 2-7 triple draw rules in 2019. Poker boom was over a decade ago, how do people not know the rules yet?
    Some listeners are very casual players or non-players.

Others have only stuck to holdem and haven't even attempted to understand the other games. In fact, 2-7 games rarely spread anywhere as a standalone game cash-wise.

Load Metric
    Re the Aria running private games in their poker room: Perhaps the poker pros who observe this and are excluded from the games should out the poker pros who are colluding with the Aria poker reoom management to poach those fish. I’m guessing that they know who those poachers are, and if those games aren’t open for the public, it is reasonable to roil the water to try to scare away the fish.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information