Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroic Americans against facism: Antifa viciously attacks journalist in Portland who had previously chronicled their illegal activities

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    I've wondered how the Jews in the ghettos of Germany would have fared against fascism if they'd been armed.
    They'd have been mowed down and killed. WTF do you think would have happened?

Normal Jewish citizens with guns would have had NO CHANCE against the SS, Hitler's regime, the German army, or any of those. For every German that was killed, a new ghetto and hundreds of Jews would have been burned to the ground in payback.

And FYI, a sizable number of Jews did have guns, despite there being laws against it after 1938. Didn't seem to do a damn bit of good.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Tanks trump small arms every day.

sah_24: Mumbles and Crowe proving how retarded they are again lol ...

gimmick:
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 07-01-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I've wondered how the Jews in the ghettos of Germany would have fared against fascism if they'd been armed.

Normal Jewish citizens with guns would have had NO CHANCE against the SS, Hitler's regime, the German army, or any of those. For every German that was killed, a new ghetto and hundreds of Jews would have been burned to the ground in payback.

And FYI, a sizable number of Jews did have guns, despite there being laws against it after 1938. Didn't seem to do a damn bit of good.
    I am not going to claim to be an expert, but not sure how you think they'd be mowed down? The tanks that weren't needed on other fronts are going to be sent there? Lack of gun control means everyone gets to have machine guns.

Seriously, I don't think urban warfare works like you think it does. Tanks can't see through buildings. Can be out-maneuvered, etc. Jews had home turf. I guess perhaps the truth might be that the Jews were too poor to be properly armed. I don't know. To be "mowed down" you need to be like standing out in the open, no? So WTF is your point there?

You seem like an expert. You are telling me that there were many ghettos that were intact by the end of the war? [That presumably were saved from 'payback']

What do I think would have happened? I think that a lot of jews would not have been dragged into a absolute horrible existence just to be gassed like animals.

There are recent cases in a MX border town of TX where 100s of people were pulled out of their homes and burned by gangsters. No one talks about it. Most of the homes have been raized. Someone turned informant and everyone in that town related was killed. Again, maybe they would have not have been able to afford guns, but I think their life would have been completely different if they had guns. Mexico has very strict gun control so they had no hope. Gun control is completely reasonable until your government is shit and that can happen in many different ways and in relative short order.

Liberals are way too smug about gun control. They need to get the fuck over it and spend all that effort on global warming. The magnitude of the 2 issues does not even begin to compare.
    Last edited by donkdowndonedied; 07-02-2019 at 02:03 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    BTW. So there is a whole NYT on this. The guy's attorney sounds like a loon who is just trying to drum up attention instead of doing anything useful. The quick-dry cement was sprinkles put into ice-cream, apparently $700 worth was bought and mixed in a commerical kitchen by activists. While some were lobbed like missiles, the creators claim most were consumed. The 'quick-dry cement' rumor may have actually been spread by the police, but there hasn't been any evidence that it is actually a thing. It is just victim-role playing shit to magnify what was legitimate and undeserved violence.

However, lets be honest here, that is this guy's role. Professional victim. I mean, this is WHAT HE WANTED. He got 150k for medical bills for a soft punch and kick to the stomach. Now thats a real play and he didn't even have to sue !

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Why all the focus upon whether or not the quick dry cement thing is real?

There's no doubt he was physically attacked, and no doubt he suffered real injuries. The cement thing was just an added detail. Even if that turns out to be false/unproven, that changes nothing.

The entire "milkshaking" thing is bullshit to begin with. Why is that considered "harmless" or acceptable?

What if someone pisses in it, spits in it, mixes dog shit into it.... are you going to necessarily know, or be able to prove it?

Even if it's a pure milkshake without being tampered with, why should anyone have to tolerate an ice-cold beverage being dumped upon them and their clothing -- which is both highly uncomfortable (especially if you don't have a change of clothes around), plus can damage/destroy the clothing you're wearing.

Everyone should have a right to express themselves in public without ANY form of violence or ANYTHING being thrown at them.

The mlikshaking crap is just a part of an increasing trend by the left to justify forms of physical attack against those that disagree with them. Whether or not the quick dry cement thing is true, the whole discussion about it is a perfect example as to why milkshaking is so wrong.

How has the modern left turned into this? I thought they were for civil liberties? I thought they were for free speech?

Have we gotten to the point where attacking people for wrongthink is somehow okay?

I can tell you that I want all political speech to exist and occur unhindered, both left and right.

The ONLY acceptable response to this incident from someone on the left should be, "This was wrong, Antifa sucks, and I don't agree with their tactics. Things like this should not be happening."

Not "Ngo asked for it" or "Ngo is gaining from it" or "Ngo wanted it to happen".

You can say those things too, but if you fail to agree with the main point that Antifa is awful and hypocritical, then you are part of the problem.

I can say that the Proud Boys and other alt-right groups don't represent my views, and that I dislike them.

Why can't a lot of you on the left denounce Antifa?

Comments

sah_24: Striaght out Alinskey's playbook, the end justifies the means in their small brains

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

There's no doubt he was physically attacked, and no doubt he suffered real injuries. The cement thing was just an added detail. Even if that turns out to be false/unproven, that changes nothing.

If the “detail” of quick-drying cement “meant nothing”, why did a proessional far right troll make up the riumor, the Portland PD tweet about before investigating it, and rightwing media make a big deal out of it before confirming whether it was actually used???

The entire "milkshaking" thing is bullshit to begin with. Why is that considered "harmless" or acceptable?

I don’t condone milkshakng, and have already said so on this forum. In fact, I green-repped you in an another thread when you criticized it

Everyone should have a right to express themselves in public without ANY form of violence or ANYTHING being thrown at them.

Agreed

The mlikshaking crap is just a part of an increasing trend by the left to justify forms of physical attack against those that disagree with them. Whether or not the quick dry cement thing is true, the whole discussion about it is a perfect example as to why milkshaking is so wrong.

How has the modern left turned into this? I thought they were for civil liberties? I thought they were for free speech?

Stop with the hyperbolic conflating of the actions of a very small number of fringe activists with the vast majority of the modern day left

I can tell you that I want all political speech to exist and occur unhindered, both left and right.

I can say that the Proud Boys and other alt-right groups don't represent my views, and that I dislike them.

I *have* denounced when members of Antifa have initiated violence when counter-protesting far right protests, but I can’t fault them for being prepared to defend themselves if someone on the other side initiates violence even though I disagree with a qstrategy of planned armed defense.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mumbles, Antifa has publicly stated that they feel violence is appropriate against "fascists" or anyone they deem to fit that description.

You should be completely denouncing them in general if you feel this is not right.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Some photos and descriptions of some of the stuff going on:

https://thefederalist.com/2019/07/02...ened-pictures/

Apparently they were handing out "free vegan milkshakes" mostly for the purpose of throwing.

Andy was milkshaked a few times before the punching attacks started. He left and came back in between.

Interestingly, the police told Andy that they couldn't safely enter the area where Antifa was protesting, which speaks volumes.

When the police can't safely enter, you know the group is a serious problem.

This is where I totally support a strong police response, with force if necessary. Police should bring in the proper manpower, have a presence in any protest situation like this, and shoot anyone who attempts to attack them unprovoked.

I have zero sympathy for anyone who gets shot if they attempt to physically attack police officers.

Load Metric

I am not going to claim to be an expert, but not sure how you think they'd be mowed down? The tanks that weren't needed on other fronts are going to be sent there? Lack of gun control means everyone gets to have machine guns.
    You clearly aren;t an expert if you think lack of gun control means everyone has machine guns, as heavy arms were not a thing available to the citizenry of pretty much any country, including Germany. We're talking about rifles and pistols and the like. Also, LOL at thinking there weren't any tanks in the homeland. Finally, how can I be sure they'd be mowed down? Because they were, over and over again. In Germany, in Poland, in Czechoslovakia, etc.

Seriously, I don't think urban warfare works like you think it does. Tanks can't see through buildings. Can be out-maneuvered, etc. Jews had home turf. I guess perhaps the truth might be that the Jews were too poor to be properly armed. I don't know. To be "mowed down" you need to be like standing out in the open, no? So WTF is your point there?
    It's pretty simple. The urban warfare you describe is what happens when a force doesn;t want to kill innocent people. That's never been a Nazi problem. They had no issue with isolating an area and literally burning it to the ground with everyone in it. This happened in many places, in many countries. LOL thinking guns would help.

You seem like an expert.
    I'm not an expert on this stuff, but I'm also not ignorant on it, either. Fact is, even after the 1938 gun ban was passed, lots of Jews still did have guns, because there was no real gun registry to speak of. It did them no good in the end.

Load Metric
    Because, as you did in the OP, people present it as a nefarious fact that shows people wanting to really either hurt others with concrete milkshakes, or perhaps poison them if they drank them, or whatever, and its not true in the least.

I know I never would have mentioned it if you hadn't brought it up.

So, that's why.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

sah_24: Mumbles and Crowe are the perfect retard couple lol

gimmick:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like obsessing over milkshake ingredients and ignoring the main point extends beyond just PFA.

The Failing NY Times is good at doing that, too: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/01/u...ayor-cruz.html

This author is taking all kinds of heat for basically writing an entire article about the "organizers" denying that there was concrete in the milkshakes, and completely glossing over the vicious, violent attacks on Ngo and at least one other conservative at the protest. (The other guy actually got it much worse than Ngo.)

Trump actually isn't wrong about the NY Times becoming garbage.

Load Metric
    Looks like obsessing over milkshake ingredients and ignoring the main point extends beyond just PFA.
    Theres 7 or 8 posts that mention milkshakes in this thread pf 30 posts, and you made more of them than anyone. LOL at "obsessing" over it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The Failing NY Times is good at doing that, too: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/01/u...ayor-cruz.html

This author is taking all kinds of heat for basically writing an entire article about the "organizers" denying that there was concrete in the milkshakes, and completely glossing over the vicious, violent attacks on Ngo and at least one other conservative at the protest. (The other guy actually got it much worse than Ngo.)

Trump actually isn't wrong about the NY Times becoming garbage.
    What's you favourite cool-aid during the summer months?

Load Metric
    Mumbles, Antifa has publicly stated that they feel violence is appropriate against "fascists" or anyone they deem to fit that description.

You should be completely denouncing them in general if you feel this is not right.
    You’re right. Antifa goes too far. They should NOT be initiating violence against anyone, nor destroying property. I stand corrected!

Name:  E9FEEF51-83DC-4014-9586-8D45E850A7E1.gif
Views: 206
Size:  496.9 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Gold
    Load Metric

What if someone pisses in it, spits in it, mixes dog shit into it.... are you going to necessarily know, or be able to prove it?

Even if it's a pure milkshake without being tampered with, why should anyone have to tolerate an ice-cold beverage being dumped upon them and their clothing -- which is both highly uncomfortable (especially if you don't have a change of clothes around), plus can damage/destroy the clothing you're wearing.

Have we gotten to the point where attacking people for wrongthink is somehow okay?

The ONLY acceptable response to this incident from someone on the left should be, "This was wrong, Antifa sucks, and I don't agree with their tactics. Things like this should not be happening."

Not "Ngo asked for it" or "Ngo is gaining from it" or "Ngo wanted it to happen".

You can say those things too, but if you fail to agree with the main point that Antifa is awful and hypocritical, then you are part of the problem.

Interesting how you ignore a lot of points. You are literally crying about a spilled milkshake and saying it doesn't matter. You make a ton of false-equivalencies in your posts.

You keep talking about a response. Like every liberal should go post a sign in their yard saying they denounce whatever. I don't get it. Like everything where you've been conned into think of as a big deal, should BE a big deal. Thats not how it works.

This guy is literally a professional victim, who puts himself in situations. If those antifa were so dangerous, you think he'd do that ? Nope. But he can, because they have milkshakes.

The milkeshakes have little to do with the guy being viciously attacked, but just show how the new fake media works. They're worse than the MSN or whatever you people call it.

TBH I love how the right has zoned in on the antifa. Kinda nuts. They're not hte modern left or anything like that.

How about the woman who was charged for murder after having her kid shot in her stomach during a fight. No doubt she should be prosecuted, but for the murder of her child? WTF is wrong with Republicans. Why aren't they all denouncing this?

And how would I even know if they did denounce it? Is there some test where you tally up editorials in a newspaper? Do you have some quantitative tool to assess forum posts for sentiment? Seriously.. when you say "the left doesn't denounce".. Who is this spokesperson? This was one dude, who didn't even get knocked to the ground. It is largely manufactured. Exactly how big of a response are you expecting from the left?

Comments

MumblesBadly: I’ll post that sign in my yard as soon as Druff does so denouncing the Bundy family militants confronting federal agents en masse with weapons galore.

Load Metric

There was never any liquidation of “ghettos” (simply a Yiddish word for neighborhood) in Germany. That happened in places like Poland. The German Jewish population was relatively small, so it was easy to gradually isolate and disenfranchise them, and thereafter relocate them for “special treatment” in the east. In the early days, the Nazis were extremely adept at hiding the brutality of their regime from the German people.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: You are correct, we were talking hypothetically if the German Jews were well armed. I gave what I thought would be the outcome in that scenario.

Load Metric
    Journalist Andy Ngo had written articles about Antifa's illegal tactics in the past, and he was viciously attacked by a group of masked Antifa members in Portland, simply for being there.

Amazingly, many on the left have been defending attacks like these. There has been a growing sentiment on the left that violence is a necessary tool against "fascism" and "the alt-right", which justifies attacking those perceives enemies, even if they are not causing any kind of physical harm.

I have seen on my Facebook where formerly peaceful leftists have been cheering Antifa's attacks.

Very disturbing.

This particular attack was even worse, because it was aimed at Ngo for simply writing the truth about their tactics in the past.

Portland police also said that the milkshakes thrown on Ngo were not simply beverages, but instead also contained quick-drying cement.
    Why isn’t our President defending the “very fine people on both sides”?

Gold
    Load Metric
    You clearly aren;t an expert if you think lack of gun control means everyone has machine guns, as heavy arms were not a thing available to the citizenry of pretty much any country, including Germany. We're talking about rifles and pistols and the like. Also, LOL at thinking there weren't any tanks in the homeland. Finally, how can I be sure they'd be mowed down? Because they were, over and over again. In Germany, in Poland, in Czechoslovakia, etc.

It's pretty simple. The urban warfare you describe is what happens when a force doesn;t want to kill innocent people. That's never been a Nazi problem. They had no issue with isolating an area and literally burning it to the ground with everyone in it. This happened in many places, in many countries. LOL thinking guns would help.

You seem like an expert.
    I'm not an expert on this stuff, but I'm also not ignorant on it, either. Fact is, even after the 1938 gun ban was passed, lots of Jews still did have guns, because there was no real gun registry to speak of. It did them no good in the end.
    Lots still had guns, but of what number and variety? You didn't really answer my question. Were there saved ghettos? So your answer/argument is that they should not have resisted and went to these gas chambers because it saved certain ghettos?

They couldn't have real guns because of gun control, but they still had some sort of guns, so the gun control is not relevant. That is another argument you are making. Kinda weak.

Not sure how the logic works on that one. We could make lots of arguments. I doubt many Jews really ever thought it was as bad as it was, so maybe thats why they didn't resist more fully. Having some shitty handgun is not going to do much, but having the same guns as the government is a whole different story. Thats what we have here in America. Yea, Germans could have brought in tanks and such.. but meh. Opening another internal front doesn't seem to be a 100% given.

You can look in America and see what 1 dude with an assault rifle can do against a well trained force. Assault rifle just means multiple rounds and either fully/semi-auto. This is amplified when defenders are inside a dense city. WTFever. This is a bunch of what-ifs but I find yours weak.

Problem with too many liberals is they unfortunately can't even begin to conceive that there are valid reasons behind being staunchly anti gun control.

Gold
    Load Metric
    MumblesBadly: I’ll post that sign in my yard as soon as Druff does so denouncing the Bundy family militants confronting federal agents en masse with weapons galore.

<-- This was a comment that I also wish to respond to. Bundys LOL. Not Al, but a bigger joke.

The Bundy family's whole point was that they wanted the government to give them free land, because they felt entitled to it because of the sweet deal their family's had been historically given. (I would need to reread facts, might have something slightly wrong). Thats pretty much it.

White guys wanting free shit from the government somehow became a rallying call for conservatives, or should I call them "modern conservatives" like Druff would?

Hey, I'll take some of that free land too. Just because you got to use it cheaply doesn't mean I don't have just as much of a right. Line me up white guys with guns.

People can't think. They're almost all sheep, just to different degrees. I used to hate people who referred to others as sheep, but fuck... the older I get

Comments

MumblesBadly: Sheep is as sheep does.

Load Metric

Lots still had guns, but of what number and variety? You didn't really answer my question. Were there saved ghettos? So your answer/argument is that they should not have resisted and went to these gas chambers because it saved certain ghettos?

They couldn't have real guns because of gun control, but they still had some sort of guns, so the gun control is not relevant. That is another argument you are making. Kinda weak.
    OK, you've been misrepresenting what I said for a couple posts now. You say I made an argument I never made, then you call it weak. C'mon.

You asked a hypothetical question about "What if the Jews were well armed?" ? I responded that they would have been fucked.
    ---
    Name:  Screenshot 2019-07-02 at 4.48.27 PM.png
Views: 428
Size:  74.3 KB
    ---
    Somehow you turned this into something about saved ghettos. We were talking hypothetical. The German army wouldn;t have had to come back from anywhere, they hadnt gone anywhere yet. They started fucking with the Jews in Germany well before they ever started their invasions of other countries. They wouldn't have to take anything away from any front line, because there was no front line yet.

If you want some reality, though, a reliable machine gun would have costs hundreds of US dollars for a decent one in the late 30's. Even if they were sold in corner stores, how many Jews do you think could have afforded a machine gun and ammo? Regular citizens with families, that had been marginalized and dehumanized for years already, living in cities and towns. Even if everything was legal AND READILY AVAILABLE, it's impossible to think of a scenario where these people would have weapons of war in any measurable quantity, before a war even started.

You know about Kristallnacht, I hope? Do you know what the pretext for that whole thing was? A Jew shooting a German diplomat. That led to thousands and thousands of Jewish businesses being destroyed, hundreds (thousands?) of synagogues burned down, and dozens and dozens of JEws killed, in like 2 days or something. For 1 Jew taking 1 German life. In Paris, of all places. Germans responded to force with ULTIMATE FORCE.

Having some shitty handgun is not going to do much, but having the same guns as the government is a whole different story. Thats what we have here in America.
    Be real dude. That's not at all what we have in America. A fraction of a percent of our population has weapons that can even attempt to match the US army, but they can all be taken out overnight by drone strikes if the government decides to do so, from miles and miles away, at the touch of a button. LOL at saying we have weapon parity with the government here in the US. Not even close.

Problem with too many liberals is they unfortunately can't even begin to conceive that there are valid reasons behind being staunchly anti gun control.
    How does this follow from anything we've been talking about? It certainly doesn;t describe me.

Comments

Salty_Aus: Thousand pound JDAM through your window rep
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 07-02-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Load Metric
    Yo, Druff! How you like my new avatar? ‘Cause you sold me, dude, on how un-American those Antifa baggers are! Here’s the full-size version for those who got shitty eyesight:

Name:  4148D209-5A20-4A06-94D2-DE5AB4E4D9BB.png
Views: 214
Size:  300.8 KB

P.S. “Lefty” commentator David Pakman also denounces the use of violence by Antifa. Watch this vid to see him do so.

Last edited by MumblesBadly; 07-02-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Thread Information