Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroic Americans against facism: Antifa viciously attacks journalist in Portland who had previously chronicled their illegal activities

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    OK, you've been misrepresenting what I said for a couple posts now. You say I made an argument I never made, then you call it weak. C'mon.

You asked a hypothetical question about "What if the Jews were well armed?" ? I responded that they would have been fucked.
    ---
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    ---
    Somehow you turned this into something about saved ghettos. We were talking hypothetical. The German army wouldn;t have had to come back from anywhere, they hadnt gone anywhere yet. They started fucking with the Jews in Germany well before they ever started their invasions of other countries. They wouldn't have to take anything away from any front line, because there was no front line yet.

If you want some reality, though, a reliable machine gun would have costs hundreds of US dollars for a decent one in the late 30's. Even if they were sold in corner stores, how many Jews do you think could have afforded a machine gun and ammo? Regular citizens with families, that had been marginalized and dehumanized for years already, living in cities and towns. Even if everything was legal AND READILY AVAILABLE, it's impossible to think of a scenario where these people would have weapons of war in any measurable quantity, before a war even started.

You know about Kristallnacht, I hope? Do you know what the pretext for that whole thing was? A Jew shooting a German diplomat. That led to thousands and thousands of Jewish businesses being destroyed, hundreds (thousands?) of synagogues burned down, and dozens and dozens of JEws killed, in like 2 days or something. For 1 Jew taking 1 German life. In Paris, of all places. Germans responded to force with ULTIMATE FORCE.

Having some shitty handgun is not going to do much, but having the same guns as the government is a whole different story. Thats what we have here in America.
    Be real dude. That's not at all what we have in America. A fraction of a percent of our population has weapons that can even attempt to match the US army, but they can all be taken out overnight by drone strikes if the government decides to do so, from miles and miles away, at the touch of a button. LOL at saying we have weapon parity with the government here in the US. Not even close.

Problem with too many liberals is they unfortunately can't even begin to conceive that there are valid reasons behind being staunchly anti gun control.
    How does this follow from anything we've been talking about? It certainly doesn;t describe me.
    At some point, you said that if they had fought back, their other ghettos would have been burnt or some such. So, there were some saved ghettos? If there weren't, then what is your point there? If they'd done A, then B, but B happened regardless, so? (Again, maybe there was a population of Jews still in Germany that were saved. I don't know anything about that, but my impression is there weren't.)

I already acknowledged that the weapons would likely have cost too much, but that isn't even an option with gun control. You are repeating to me what I said to you earlier.

Yea, you're right, military has drones and tanks and all sorts of armaments, but the modern battle rifle is little different from what Americans have. It really does make a substantial difference. The whole calculation of the battle is vastly changed. Yes, Germans massacred poorly armed Jews. Would having been armed helped? I'd say yes, but they didn't have hindsight like we do. shrug.

I will agree and change my tune about the timeline though as that makes sense. Jews were already rounded up before the main battle started, so the German resources were still very high.

Regardless my whole point was to poke at Druff by playing with identities. Didn't mean for you to take the bait.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    OK, you've been misrepresenting what I said for a couple posts now. You say I made an argument I never made, then you call it weak. C'mon.

You asked a hypothetical question about "What if the Jews were well armed?" ? I responded that they would have been fucked.
    ---
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    ---
    Somehow you turned this into something about saved ghettos. We were talking hypothetical. The German army wouldn;t have had to come back from anywhere, they hadnt gone anywhere yet. They started fucking with the Jews in Germany well before they ever started their invasions of other countries. They wouldn't have to take anything away from any front line, because there was no front line yet.

If you want some reality, though, a reliable machine gun would have costs hundreds of US dollars for a decent one in the late 30's. Even if they were sold in corner stores, how many Jews do you think could have afforded a machine gun and ammo? Regular citizens with families, that had been marginalized and dehumanized for years already, living in cities and towns. Even if everything was legal AND READILY AVAILABLE, it's impossible to think of a scenario where these people would have weapons of war in any measurable quantity, before a war even started.

You know about Kristallnacht, I hope? Do you know what the pretext for that whole thing was? A Jew shooting a German diplomat. That led to thousands and thousands of Jewish businesses being destroyed, hundreds (thousands?) of synagogues burned down, and dozens and dozens of JEws killed, in like 2 days or something. For 1 Jew taking 1 German life. In Paris, of all places. Germans responded to force with ULTIMATE FORCE.

Be real dude. That's not at all what we have in America. A fraction of a percent of our population has weapons that can even attempt to match the US army, but they can all be taken out overnight by drone strikes if the government decides to do so, from miles and miles away, at the touch of a button. LOL at saying we have weapon parity with the government here in the US. Not even close.

Problem with too many liberals is they unfortunately can't even begin to conceive that there are valid reasons behind being staunchly anti gun control.
    How does this follow from anything we've been talking about? It certainly doesn;t describe me.
    At some point, you said that if they had fought back, their other ghettos would have been burnt or some such. So, there were some saved ghettos? If there weren't, then what is your point there? If they'd done A, then B, but B happened regardless, so? (Again, maybe there was a population of Jews still in Germany that were saved. I don't know anything about that, but my impression is there weren't.)

I already acknowledged that the weapons would likely have cost too much, but that isn't even an option with gun control. You are repeating to me what I said to you earlier.

Yea, you're right, military has drones and tanks and all sorts of armaments, but the modern battle rifle is little different from what Americans have. It really does make a substantial difference. The whole calculation of the battle is vastly changed. Yes, Germans massacred poorly armed Jews. Would having been armed helped? I'd say yes, but they didn't have hindsight like we do. shrug.

I will agree and change my tune about the timeline though as that makes sense. Jews were already rounded up before the main battle started, so the German resources were still very high.

Regardless my whole point was to poke at Druff by playing with identities. Didn't mean for you to take the bait.
    You seem like a younger person with limited knowledge of the atrocities of Nazi Germany. I've been exposed to much on the topic. For some reason this just comes up on my youtube

If you really want to know the whole ugly story access the World at War DVD series
    narrated by Laurence Olivier. It played on PBS when I was in my teens. I now own the set.
    It's very sad but it should be known

Load Metric
    At some point, you said that if they had fought back, their other ghettos would have been burnt or some such. So, there were some saved ghettos? If there weren't, then what is your point there? If they'd done A, then B, but B happened regardless, so?
    Keep in mind you asked a hypothetical question, and yet you keep taking my answer as a literal thing that happened. I even quoted it above in a screenshot above.

My point was that the Germans would have no problem killing 1000 Jews in exchange for the death of a single German soldier. When a German gets killed, a whole neighborhood burns for it, women and children included. Consider it a metaphor. For every GErman killed by a Jew, and entire town would pay for it with their lives. Now do you understand?

You asked how the Jews would have fared if armed, right? The Germans were killing machines, and they didn;t consider the Jews humans. What would have happened if all the Jews in a certain town resisted, and somehow all had automatic weapons and hand grenades and the like? Well, the Germans would likely barricade the entire town, stop all entry and exit, destroy all food sources, then kill every living thing in the town, man, woman and child in the town, by mortar, gunfire, burning literally everything, etc. Look what happened to the well-armed Jewish resistance in Warsaw. 700+ fighters, held off the Germans for a month. They had explosives, all manner of guns, everything you could hope for a citizen army to have and more. The Germans Barricaded the town, starved the people, then burned the entire thing down, block by block, burning thousands and thousands of people alive. Had the same situation occurred in Germany in the late 30's, the outcome would have been the same. Well over 10K Jews died, to less than 20 German soldiers. All the rest of the living were sent to the death or labor camps.

Or you could look at the obvious and see that the Germans rolled over entire armies for a few years, so a well-armed Jewish resistance had 0 chance. Know why guerrilla warfare didn't work against the Germans? Because when you don;t care if you kill and destroy everything in front of you, there's really no place to hide.

The only option for a German Jew was to get out before they could no longer leave. Even if you wanted to fight, you still had to get the fuck out of Germany and hope to align with allies in other countries.

You mentioned cost in relation to the Mexican border stuff, the way you wrote it. I mentioned it specifically about the pre-ww2 time period. Just pointing out the reality of the situation at the time, sorry if I wasted 10 seconds of your time "repeating" a point you already made. In the hypothetical situation where law wasn;t an issue, money would have been. Seems we agree on this.

Yes, Germans massacred poorly armed Jews. Would having been armed helped? I'd say yes, but they didn't have hindsight like we do. shrug
    Literally all the evidence we have says no. At best, a few more Germans would have died in the process. ENTIRE COUNTRIES were German speedbumps on the way to more killing. No, no amount of possible arms were going to help.

WAs good bait. I couldn't resist.
    I try not to even read the political threads on this board, but I had fat fingers last night and ended up here.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 07-02-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Keep in mind you asked a hypothetical question, and yet you keep taking my answer as a literal thing that happened. I even quoted it above in a screenshot above.

My point was that the Germans would have no problem killing 1000 Jews in exchange for the death of a single German soldier. When a German gets killed, a whole neighborhood burns for it, women and children included. Consider it a metaphor. For every GErman killed by a Jew, and entire town would pay for it with their lives. Now do you understand?

You asked how the Jews would have fared if armed, right? The Germans were killing machines, and they didn;t consider the Jews humans. What would have happened if all the Jews in a certain town resisted, and somehow all had automatic weapons and hand grenades and the like? Well, the Germans would likely barricade the entire town, stop all entry and exit, destroy all food sources, then kill every living thing in the town, man, woman and child in the town, by mortar, gunfire, burning literally everything, etc. Look what happened to the well-armed Jewish resistance in Warsaw. 700+ fighters, held off the Germans for a month. They had explosives, all manner of guns, everything you could hope for a citizen army to have and more. The Germans Barricaded the town, starved the people, then burned the entire thing down, block by block, burning thousands and thousands of people alive. Had the same situation occurred in Germany in the late 30's, the outcome would have been the same. Well over 10K Jews died, to less than 20 German soldiers. All the rest of the living were sent to the death or labor camps.

Or you could look at the obvious and see that the Germans rolled over entire armies for a few years, so a well-armed Jewish resistance had 0 chance. Know why guerrilla warfare didn't work against the Germans? Because when you don;t care if you kill and destroy everything in front of you, there's really no place to hide.

The only option for a German Jew was to get out before they could no longer leave. Even if you wanted to fight, you still had to get the fuck out of Germany and hope to align with allies in other countries.

You mentioned cost in relation to the Mexican border stuff, the way you wrote it. I mentioned it specifically about the pre-ww2 time period. Just pointing out the reality of the situation at the time, sorry if I wasted 10 seconds of your time "repeating" a point you already made. In the hypothetical situation where law wasn;t an issue, money would have been. Seems we agree on this.

Yes, Germans massacred poorly armed Jews. Would having been armed helped? I'd say yes, but they didn't have hindsight like we do. shrug
    Literally all the evidence we have says no. At best, a few more Germans would have died in the process. ENTIRE COUNTRIES were German speedbumps on the way to more killing. No, no amount of possible arms were going to help.

WAs good bait. I couldn't resist.
    I try not to even read the political threads on this board, but I had fat fingers last night and ended up here.
    Your strongest point is simply that when most of this was going on, the war hadn't really started, so Germans had their full resources available. That seems solid to me.

Outside of that, I don't really agree with much. Taking a country over by having their military fall is not the same as capturing the citizens of that country and hauling them off. Those 2 things are vastly different. Yes, you can barricade a town, but it has to be a town and just not part of an existing city. You make all these hypotheticals fit your interests. I get it. I still disagree with lots of what you say. Ultimately it is likely military type small arms would not have ever changed the outcome, but that isn't to say it wouldn't have helped. I guess a significant amount of Jews survived some concentration camps, so perhaps that was always the superior strategy? Had the Germans started later in the war when resources were thin, small arms could have easily made a difference or kept Germans from starting their genocide.

Anyway, all I'm really truly getting at is FUCK FASCISM !
    Last edited by donkdowndonedied; 07-02-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Fucking Americans are so out of it, I'm sickened by it
    It's blind ignorance
    How else do you get a Donald Trump running the show
    what a joke

forget everything you are an idiot
    you stupid fuck
    go bury yourself

this idiot doesn't know what he's talking about

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: i love you les but the President does not run the show he's just the star
    Last edited by limitles; 07-02-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Load Metric
    There's also things like this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...nese_Americans

...you don't have to guess what would happen if Americans were hauled into concentration camps during WW2. They were and they acted as most civilian populations. Obv German camps had their shower and gold teeth collection specialties, but even in Germany it was mostly about detaining civilians at the start of the war.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Most of the left's silence on this -- as well as the silence of LGBT groups -- speaks volumes about how much they really care when a gay minority is attacked. They only care if gay left wing minorities get attacked.
    Remember the time Druff condemned the guy in VA who killed Heather Heyer, a peaceful protester ran over by a right wing extremist? Or even mentioned Charlottesville in any context? Even a single post? Any condemnation of Alex Fields Jr?

You don't. Because he didn't. Go search for it if you like.

But the entire left has to publicly condemn antifa because Andy Ngo got beat up.

OK.

Remember when druff stood up for the 5 reporters of the Capital Gazette who were murdered where they worked by a right wing extremist?

No, me neither.

Comments

sonatine: absolute destruction

gimmick: yup

cleatus: thanks for using time and energy

MumblesBadly: Wondering how Druff is going to spin a response. Or just ignore. Inquiring minds want to know.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 07-02-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    the greatest canadian of all time

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Most of the left's silence on this -- as well as the silence of LGBT groups -- speaks volumes about how much they really care when a gay minority is attacked. They only care if gay left wing minorities get attacked.
    Remember the time Druff condemned the guy in VA who killed Heather Heyer, a peaceful protester ran over by a right wing extremist? Or even mentioned Charlottesville in any context? Even a single post? Any condemnation of Alex Fields Jr?

But the entire left has to publicly condemn antifa because Andy Ngo got beat up.

OK.

Remember when druff stood up for the 5 reporters of the Capital Gazette who were murdered where they worked by a right wing extremist?

No, me neither.

plenty of real life Nazis in Charlottesville but from everything ive learned about how big of a scam politics is the ppl who organized it were not from "the right" so no using it as any sort of argument imo. sorry not buying it that it's a coincidence it happened in the state that was having the next state wide elections just after the republicans won prez, senate, house

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

OK.

No, me neither.

plenty of real life Nazis in Charlottesville but from everything ive learned about how big of a scam politics is the ppl who organized it were not from "the right" so no using it as any sort of argument imo. sorry not buying it that it's a coincidence it happened in the state that was having the next state wide elections just after the republicans won prez, senate, house
    It doesn't matter who organized it. It matters that legitimate right-wingers showed up and committed REAL HARDCORE DEADLY violence. The mental gymnastics you guys go through...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

you have communicated this cow pie before. still steaming.

i consider that the ppl that who organized Charlottesville includes you. you obeyed orders from Cambridge Anal & the Internet Research Agency. you and other Russia assets tweeted and messaged on facebook using thousands of dupe accounts.

state elections are extremely weak for your alibi.

Comments

thesidedish: Muh Russia

Load Metric
    Journalist Andy Ngo had written articles about Antifa's illegal tactics in the past, and he was viciously attacked by a group of masked Antifa members in Portland, simply for being there.
    Clearly you, sah24, farmsubsidydish, should show some love for Ngo. visit his gofundme and Patreon and give some sheckels. offer to hire some of G4S' best officers to keep him away from Antifa at future conflict demos. I stick with

"Ngo's entire actions prior to, at, and after the demo was calculated and executed for profit only." not attention, not more followers, money-hard cash.

https://www.g4s.com/en-us

druff, Antifa deserves more of your hatred. your quality of life is decreasing daily because of their actions and your future is darkened. just picture antifa growing beyond 10k ppl nationwide.

Comments

limitles: +1

Load Metric
    Amazingly, many on the left have been defending attacks like these. There has been a growing sentiment on the left that violence is a necessary tool against "fascism" and "the alt-right", which justifies attacking those perceives enemies, even if they are not causing any kind of physical harm.
    I'm sure there are some. But Antifa doesn't represent "the left" any more than Proud Boys represents "the right". Bringing up Antifa to pwn the libs or Proud Boys to make Republicans look bad (unless you're trolling sidedish or sah) is just lame.
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 07-03-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Amazingly, many on the left have been defending attacks like these. There has been a growing sentiment on the left that violence is a necessary tool against "fascism" and "the alt-right", which justifies attacking those perceives enemies, even if they are not causing any kind of physical harm.
    I'm sure there are some. But Antifa doesn't represent "the left" any more than Proud Boys represents "the right". Bringing up Antifa to pwn the libs or Proud Boys to make Republicans look bad (unless you're trolling sidedish or sah) is just lame.

this is such a strange false equivalence...

the proud boys and other right wing extremists champion the assertion that white males are entitled to privilege, protection, and insulation.

antifa champion the assertion that systemic oppression and exploitation are morally criminal and must be defended against because the social controls designed to protect society from them have been subverted.

there is a cult of extremely mediocre right wing intellects who are literally couching the vernacular of the civil rights movement as a last desperate attempt to legitimize their white supremacy, and parts of that clown show include claiming that andy ngo, milo y, etc are 'journalists' and that when they get the ass kickings they do everything in their power to provoke, that the left is somehow delegitimized for not giving a shit.

Comments

devidee: I agree. Masked white guys should be beating up more people.

limitles: slam dunk

sah_24: Les, Mumbles and Tine ... the retard trio <3
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    antifa champion the assertion that systemic oppression and exploitation are morally criminal and must be defended against because the social controls designed to protect society from them have been subverted.
    This right here is the example of someone on the left glorifying Antifa.

Rather than condemning the group and their hypocritical, violent anti-free-speech actions, sonatine is putting them on a pedestal as freedom fighters against systemic oppression, and that they're defending against exploitation.

And you wonder why I think much of "the left" supports this crap.

Exhibit Fucking A right here.

Comments

sah_24: spot on ...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

OK.

No, me neither.

We are talking about Antifa in general, and their stated intention to commit acts of violence against its perceived enemies.

That's a lot different than individual nutjob freaks occasionally killing someone.

Notice I never asked anyone here to denounce James Hodgkinson (the Congressional Baseball Game shooter who tried to kill Republicans), because that should go without saying. Just like it would be silly to ask someone on the right to condemn the Charlottesville murderer.

Antifa is a movement, and when the subject comes up, most on the left either avoid the topic or speak in coded defense of them.

Anything short of, "This group is dangerous, hypocritical, and anti-free-speech" is an affront to the belief of freedom of expression.

Load Metric
    Sometime you can feel Druff's whines in his writings.

Why do you "on the right" not take responsibility for White nationalism?
    (MAGA bomber, The shooting in Pittsburgh, Charlottesville)
    Just those 3 had 12 people die, vs one "alex jones" type clone getting beat up.

You want to end Antifa? It is real easy,.......................Just end white nationalist /Neo-Nazi/ KKKish/ rallies.
    Anitfa just goes away at that point.

Rather than condemning the group and their hypocritical, violent anti-free-speech actions, sonatine is putting them on a pedestal as freedom fighters against systemic oppression, and that they're defending against exploitation.

Comments

devidee: Druff can't be white

sah_24: lol goes away, yes liberals are actually this stupid
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Sometime you can feel Druff's whines in his writings.

Why do you "on the right" not take responsibility for White nationalism?
    (MAGA bomber, The shooting in Pittsburgh, Charlottesville)
    Just those 3 had 12 people die, vs one "alex jones" type clone getting beat up.

You want to end Antifa? It is real easy,.......................Just end white nationalist /Neo-Nazi/ KKKish/ rallies.
    Anitfa just goes away at that point.

Really?

I guess you've missed the violent protests and death threats aimed at conservative speakers coming to college campuses.

You know, those Nazis like Ben Shapiro.

Antifa will always find a perceived enemy to attack. Andy Ngo was not a white nationalist. He wasn't even white, or straight for that matter.

If more on the left would stand up and denounce them, Antifa would lose steam. Right now, there's seemingly a silent majority on the left supporting what they're doing.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

there is a cult of extremely mediocre right wing intellects who are literally couching the vernacular of the civil rights movement as a last desperate attempt to legitimize their white supremacy, and parts of that clown show include claiming that andy ngo, milo y, etc are 'journalists' and that when they get the ass kickings they do everything in their power to provoke, that the left is somehow delegitimized for not giving a shit.
    When are you going to get your fat ass out from beyond a screen and fight white supremacy in the streets with your comrades?

Comments

sah_24: So true lol, classic libtard ...

Load Metric
    they got the wrong types of bars in jail dawg.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information