Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Heroic Americans against facism: Antifa viciously attacks journalist in Portland who had previously chronicled their illegal activities

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

seriously why do you encourage him
    Just take it to PM - no one gives a shit about a political take from someone over 45.

I can't read Mumbles, and Druff just recycles Republican talking points, dialing down the racism and dialing up the misogyny.
    Hate to break it to you, but most of this forum is over 45, not just me and Mumbles.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

And for as long as you have been saying this, you have been wrong. Why? At least since the GOP successfully got a born-again Christian who was solidly against legalized abortion elected president, the majority of Republicans have been conservative Christians, and those folks don’t just think Democrats are “wrong”.

Hell! One of my own close relatives has for years believed that Barack Obama was, and I quote, “evil” because of his stance on abortion. And that same relative praises Trump, and prays for him to weather the political storm visited upon him by the “evil Democrats”. He doesn’t like Trump’s handling of immigration issues, but everything else he either heartily supports or is indifferent to regardless of how many laws Trump may have broken or if he has violated the Constitution.

That being said, I am deducing that when you say “Republican”, you are mostly ignoring the vast majority of actual Republicans these days, and are thinking of economically-conservative-but-non-religious Republicans. Hate to break it to you, buddy, but those folks are marginally relative in the Republican Party these days, and have been for over two decades.
    Just because you have a cousin who hates Democrats and calls them evil doesn't mean that he represents the norm.

I am a member of a lot of large Facebook groups, including conservative and liberal leaning ones.

If I post any right/semi-right leaning response to a lefty meme or article, I get bombarded with responses calling me "evil", "racist", "misogynistic", something-"phobic", a "Nazi" (lol), and tons of other names attacking me from the standpoint of being a really bad guy. Keep in mind that my responses are not extreme, nasty, or trolling in any fashion, and in fact resemble my political posts on PFA.

On the flip side, when left-leaning people post dissenting messages in conservative groups, they're called "snowflakes", "cucks", "idiots", "stupid", etc.

See the difference?

While both groups treat dissenting parties poorly, the left attacks from the standpoint of, "You're mean, nasty, racist and evil", whereas conservatives attack from the standpoint of, "You're stupid and overly sensitive."

That's basically what I've seen for years, outliers aside.

This is why the let has been known for trying very hard to censor/deplatform right wing speech/opinion, but the right hasn't been doing the same to the left.
    What I see is someone who is a non-religious conservative using the comments of most likely other non-religious conservatives in a few Facebook groups to characterize the majority of the Republican Party. And that is patently a biased sample that largely excludes the majority of Republicans who are conservative Christians. Want proof?

White Christians decline in U.S., but still dominate Republican Party
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rty/634536001/

White Christians accounted for 80% of the U.S. population when Jimmy Carter was president; that number had dropped to 54% by 2006, and white Christians now make up only 43% of the U.S. population, as the number of people unaffiliated with any religion has swelled.

But the GOP remains about 73% white Christian — down slightly from 10 years ago — and 35% evangelical, despite the fact that white evangelical protestants now make up only 17% of the U.S. population, according to the yearlong survey of more than 100,000 people by PRRI, a public policy research firm that specializes in issues of faith.

By contrast, fewer than one-third of Democrats are white Christians, down from about 50% a decade ago.
    And note that I said *conservative* Christians, and not just “evangelicals”. Why? Because American Catholics have tended to become much more conservative than prior to John Paul II’s time as pope. JP-II and his immediate successor, Benedict XVI, put in place/advanced the positions of staunch social conservatives within the American Catholic Church while simultaneously purging its leadership ranks less-than-enthusiastic defenders of the Catholic Church’s social conservative agenda. And the flock that remained in the Catholic Church (versus leave to find a more tolerant church community) mostly followed along in their political stances. That’s why leading modern day Catholic politicians like Mike Pence and Rick Santorum are staunch social conservatives, which is the polar opposite of the typical, and usually Democratic, Catholic politician back in the 1970s and 80s.

So, yeah. You, as a non-religious, gay marriage-accepting, pre-marital sex-engaging economic conservative, and like-minded conservative cohorts on those few Facebook groups that you participate in, are *NOT* representative of the typical Republican at this point juncture. And remember: I used to *be* a Republican! And I voted for George H.W. Bush in 1992, and did NOT vote for Bill Clinton in the 90s. I’ve seen the party morph in juggernaut of religious repressionism over the past four decades, and it has been extremely disturbing to watch.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 11-05-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Load Metric
    https://qz.com/1800988/antifa-falsel...vil-war-group/

Disgruntled Civil War reenactor allegedly framed Antifa by fabricating threats against his unit

honestly that headline has everything.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    https://qz.com/1800988/antifa-falsel...vil-war-group/

Disgruntled Civil War reenactor allegedly framed Antifa by fabricating threats against his unit

honestly that headline has everything.
    Fortunately for him he wasn't named Jussie, or the mainstream media would have previously fawned all over him and talked about all the systemic victimhood which led to those threats.

Thread Information