Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Heroic Americans against facism: Antifa viciously attacks journalist in Portland who had previously chronicled their illegal activities

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Sure i don't mind denouncing Antifa violence when there's no reason for it, when it's miss-targeted or excessive. I don't really know when that's the case though. This is the rough equivalent of asking me to denounce the police and go figure the same things apply.

For some random reason you seem to be under the impression that far-right has any interest in sensible intelligent discourse. That no one from the left ever thought to just talk things out. And speaking of words, apparently all words are amazing and none of them have any kind of impact. It's just a coincidence that a same forum spawns several mass murderers. Or that Isis can radicalize people thousands of miles away by using Isis magic. Yay words.

For you to think Antifa would ever cross paths with 99% of conservatives makes me think you've been touched by some bad words. Oh and yes victim Andy was inciting violence or at least he played his part as a grifter in painting remarkably flawed picture that apparently found it's audience.

Like i said look into that Patriot Prayer case in May Day. That's kinda how it's always been and that's why Antifa thinks use of force is justified.
    I don't care why Antifa thinks their use of force is justified.

Use of force by a civilian group is not justified unless they are placed in danger themselves, or if they are rescuing someone else from immediate danger. A very high percentage of Antifa attacks are simply instigated by them out of nowhere. Antifa doesn't even deny this. They don't claim to be a "violence only in defense" group. They fully acknowledge that they're violent and engage in it offensively, but assert that the violence is necessary in order to prevent the rise of fascism.

The term "far right" is also misused a lot, and it's meant to invoke images of dangerous, violent white supremacists. While such groups exist, they are a tiny minority of conservatives, and almost all conservatives denounce them (unlike Antifa, which has increasingly become accepted and lauded by the left). Do you think I'm the "far right"? Because that accusation has been lobbed at me many a time by those on the left who disagree with me, even while I'm engaging in reasonable debate and never advocating for any kind of violence or racial discrimination.

"Far right" and "hate speech" are intentionally broad terms meant to justify modern censorship and censorship-based violence. That's Antifa's basic gameplan.
    This is how it started decades ago, "Use of force by a civilian group is not justified unless they are placed in danger themselves, or if they are rescuing someone else from immediate danger". What you're seeing now is just the escalation of it. When the far right groups circumvented this protection by targeting isolated individuals, the groups themselves became legitimate targets. When they chose to start trying to blend among the populace by hiding their swasticas and bald heads, anyone giving them protection or trying to hide their true colors became a target. The last part is where Andy comes along.

You don't defeat terrorists by being one step behind.

Some decades ago far right started to change their optics. Changed a few key words and started to control the narrative. Behind all this is still the same far right. I didn't really believe that anyone bought that facade, but here we are. The current far right lite groups that are willing to accept jews and gays are a weird bastardized reflection of this. They mimic that facade. I don't consider them to be a part of the far right and neither does Stormfront. They don't really care if said groups work for their own demise, but from their perspective jews in particular don't have a seat in the promised ethnostate.

Oh and no i don't think you're part of the far right or that any of your comments would fall under hate speech.

Load Metric
    Good day for the good guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets rip more on Anitfa , and not these Trump ass lickers, THE PROUD BOYS.
    (you can find these guys at most Trump rallies, beating up protesters.)

Despite what RW media tells you, if you want ANTIFA to go away, just stop the white supremacist rallies, it is literally that simple.

2 Proud Boys Sentenced To 4 Years In Prison Over Gang Assault In New York

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/proud...-new-york.html

The heavier sentences are a huge blow to the Proud Boys, ....... they continue to organize violent fascist rallies despite admitting on camera that they host these events to spur fights, waste city resources and then blame anti-fascist protesters when the dust settles.

Kinsman and Hare’s crew tried a similar tactic in this case, claiming that they acted in self-defense...........They eventually charged the Proud Boys as what they are: a gang.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

Despite what RW media tells you, if you want ANTIFA to go away, just stop the white supremacist rallies, it is literally that simple.

The heavier sentences are a huge blow to the Proud Boys, ....... they continue to organize violent fascist rallies despite admitting on camera that they host these events to spur fights, waste city resources and then blame anti-fascist protesters when the dust settles.

Kinsman and Hare’s crew tried a similar tactic in this case, claiming that they acted in self-defense...........They eventually charged the Proud Boys as what they are: a gang.
    Okay? You won't find a single post from me on this forum defending the Proud Boys.

But are you really denying that Antifa is violent? Do you deny that they attack people who haven't attacked them first?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

Okay? You won't find a single post from me on this forum defending the Proud Boys.

But are you really denying that Antifa is violent? Do you deny that they attack people who haven't attacked them first?
    But we also don’t see you posting any notable amount of digital ink criticizing them or their fellow white supremacists? And certainly not in a dedicated thread like this one about Antifa. Wondering why that is.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

But we also don’t see you posting any notable amount of digital ink criticizing them or their fellow white supremacists? And certainly not in a dedicated thread like this one about Antifa. Wondering why that is.
    Because that already gets enough press. In fact, the entire problem of white supremacy during the Trump era is greatly exaggerated, with idiots like this being seen as the norm, rather than the exception.

The difference between the Proud Boys and Antifa is that very few people laud the Proud Boys as a heroic organization (even on the right), whereas much of the left glorifies Antifa as brave freedom fighters with noble intentions.

In reality, those two groups are very similar, just on opposite sides of the political spectrum.

Notice that, as a right-winger, I have no problem saying that the Proud Boys are violent pieces of shit.

Why do so many on the left have such a problem saying the same about Antifa?

Load Metric

Because that already gets enough press. In fact, the entire problem of white supremacy during the Trump era is greatly exaggerated, with idiots like this being seen as the norm, rather than the exception.

The difference between the Proud Boys and Antifa is that very few people laud the Proud Boys as a heroic organization (even on the right), whereas much of the left glorifies Antifa as brave freedom fighters with noble intentions.

In reality, those two groups are very similar, just on opposite sides of the political spectrum.

Notice that, as a right-winger, I have no problem saying that the Proud Boys are violent pieces of shit.

Why do so many on the left have such a problem saying the same about Antifa?
    Because most of the folks who participate in Antifa counter-protest aren’t the violent few who take it to the extreme. The violent ones tend to be out of Oakland, who “inherited” the anti-Establishment tradition of the defunct radical movements out of there.

Indicative of this is that Antifa counter-protests tend to have a lot of younger female participants, while the white supremacists they confront in those events are almost exclusively male. It’s much less likely that women will participate in protests in which their group will plan to start violent acts.

Also, what is different between Antifa and traditional public protesters against white racists is that Antifa preps themselves to actively defend themselves against the violent white supremacists they encounter at those events, while traditional anti-fascist protesters in the US would go to such events unprepared to do so in the tradition of the nonviolent protests in the Civil Rights Movement era. And that preparedness, and willingness to fight back, is something appealing to many on the left even if they don’t condone actively starting the violence.

Which just sparked the following thought. Perhaps this willingness of folks on the left to be sympathetic to Antifa even if some of their actions are clearly in the wrong is representative of the massive popularity of Quentin Tarantino’s revisionist history revenge-against-powerful-white-racists movies, meaning “Django Unchained”, “Inglourious Basterds”, but especially the latter.

In fact, I can recall a reading news story about how the audience in one theatre spontaneously burst into rancorous applause cheered when the Nazi Germany leaders were killed in the theatre explosion. And how some movie critics mentioned that that scene was cathartic for many Jewish viewers raised on the memory of countless horrific stories of the horrors visited upon their distant kin, and some not so distant, by the Nazis just a few generations ago.

So, yeah. Giving a few violence-instigating headbreakers among the ranks of Antifa a pass is possibly just a little bit of a mental “Fuck you, you Nazi assholes!” that those on the left who have a personal and/or emotional connection with that tragedy. In fact, a test of this conjecture would be to see how support for Antifa among the left is related to their appreciation/love of that scene in “Inglouriois Basterds”.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 10-24-2019 at 04:18 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mumbles, read this thread and others involving Antifa. Many otherwise normal lefties here support Antifa, and constantly downplay their violent nature. In fact, you're doing that above.

Your excuse of "there's a lot of women in the crowd, so it's not violent" is laughable. There's also plenty of men, many of whom commit acts of violence, or are looking for the opportunity to attack someone.

Furthermore, these nonviolent women you speak of are very supportive of the violence. In fact, I've seen it on Facebook, where normally docile left-wingers with normal day jobs are cheering on the Antifa violence, feeling that a "revolution" is needed, and therefore violence is necessary.

Unfortunately many on the left have come to see the right as the embodiment of evil, and have convinced themselves that physically attacking people for "spreading hate" (aka being conservative) is necessary in order to save society.

I wish I could say that support of Antifa's violence is limited to extremists, but it's not. The support has become quite mainstream.

On the flip side, very few conservatives support the Proud Boys and their ilk. Yeah, you have a few alt-right idiots online who cheer them on, but the average Republican is disgusted by that stuff.

It's like I've said for years:

Most Republicans believe Democrats are wrong.

Most Democrats believe Republicans are evil.

Thus, its easier to justify attacking people whom you believe are evil rather than just those you disagree with.

Load Metric
    Mumbles, read this thread and others involving Antifa. Many otherwise normal lefties here support Antifa, and constantly downplay their violent nature. In fact, you're doing that above.

Your excuse of "there's a lot of women in the crowd, so it's not violent" is laughable. There's also plenty of men, many of whom commit acts of violence, or are looking for the opportunity to attack someone.

Furthermore, these nonviolent women you speak of are very supportive of the violence. In fact, I've seen it on Facebook, where normally docile left-wingers with normal day jobs are cheering on the Antifa violence, feeling that a "revolution" is needed, and therefore violence is necessary.

Unfortunately many on the left have come to see the right as the embodiment of evil, and have convinced themselves that physically attacking people for "spreading hate" (aka being conservative) is necessary in order to save society.

I wish I could say that support of Antifa's violence is limited to extremists, but it's not. The support has become quite mainstream.

On the flip side, very few conservatives support the Proud Boys and their ilk. Yeah, you have a few alt-right idiots online who cheer them on, but the average Republican is disgusted by that stuff.

Thus, its easier to justify attacking people whom you believe are evil rather than just those you disagree with.
    And for as long as you have been saying this, you have been wrong. Why? At least since the GOP successfully got a born-again Christian who was solidly against legalized abortion elected president, the majority of Republicans have been conservative Christians, and those folks don’t just think Democrats are “wrong”.

Hell! One of my own close relatives has for years believed that Barack Obama was, and I quote, “evil” because of his stance on abortion. And that same relative praises Trump, and prays for him to weather the political storm visited upon him by the “evil Democrats”. He doesn’t like Trump’s handling of immigration issues, but everything else he either heartily supports or is indifferent to regardless of how many laws Trump may have broken or if he has violated the Constitution.

That being said, I am deducing that when you say “Republican”, you are mostly ignoring the vast majority of actual Republicans these days, and are thinking of economically-conservative-but-non-religious Republicans. Hate to break it to you, buddy, but those folks are marginally relative in the Republican Party these days, and have been for over two decades.

Load Metric
    The people who put Trump in office realize that abortion is the only thing keeping the black population in check.

The Left worrying about the boomer conservative is a big reason Trump will win again.

Load Metric

You always like to argue from the vantage point that you’re the average Republican and hand-wave away the Billy Bob redneck rural backwards-ass part of your party, who are the majority, and literally spend all day spitting venom in the states you actually win and are the heart of your party. You, and a Tony are the outliers. You’re two fiscal conservatives whose vote doesn’t matter one fucking bit in California and Washington. The states you actually win are predominantly full of right-wingers that you act like are some small sliver of your party. I know you’re smarter than that. Everyone is influenced by the bubble they live in, but you are too engaged and smart to not realize that a great portion of your party are fucking hayseeds.

Comments

simply1:

MumblesBadly: Druff either willfully ignores this or disingenuous.

Load Metric

STOP LAUGHING AMERICA THIS totALLY WASNT STAGED *OMG*
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Do you have any info indicating this was staged?

I'm not saying it wasn't, but I'm also not seeing anything obvious which jumps out at me that it was fake.

Load Metric
    There was a huge police presence in the Seattle airport due to an Antifa protest against Turkish Airlines when we flew in on Oct 19th. Police were directing people to the last exit to the parking garage & Link.

There was also a huge police presence downtown on our last day there also due to Antifa protests. We didn't see anything though.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

You always like to argue from the vantage point that you’re the average Republican and hand-wave away the Billy Bob redneck rural backwards-ass part of your party, who are the majority, and literally spend all day spitting venom in the states you actually win and are the heart of your party. You, and a Tony are the outliers. You’re two fiscal conservatives whose vote doesn’t matter one fucking bit in California and Washington. The states you actually win are predominantly full of right-wingers that you act like are some small sliver of your party. I know you’re smarter than that. Everyone is influenced by the bubble they live in, but you are too engaged and smart to not realize that a great portion of your party are fucking hayseeds.
    Druff is just a product of his environment. He grew up in Palos Verdes and now lives in Ventura County. It’s obvious that he hasn’t spent much time around working class white people. The guy has probably never seen a welding truck on his life. If he grew up around rednecks like I did in Bakersfield, he’d have a very different perspective.

Comments

sonatine: coge

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Druff is just a product of his environment. He grew up in Palos Verdes and now lives in Ventura County. It’s obvious that he hasn’t spent much time around working class white people. The guy has probably never seen a welding truck on his life. If he grew up around rednecks like I did in Bakersfield, he’d have a very different perspective.
    This is an incorrect take. In the 90s I lived in a working class area of Riverside for a few years, plus all the years I spent in Vegas were in areas which could not be described as affluent by any stretch of the imagination. Riverside, by the way, had FOUR country music radio stations at the time, in case you think I didn't have exposure to rednecks.

Even during my years living in Palos Verdes, I made a number of friends from working class families in surrounding cities, including some I still spend time with today.

The "hayseed conservatives", as BCR called them, get a much worse rap these days than they deserve. It's because they're one of the few "safe" groups to attack and mock without there being any kind of political or social backlash. They're white, they're Christian, they're often conservative, and there's still enough of an undercurrent of racism among them to where it's easy to cast them as an evil (or at least highly ignorant) enemy.

The reality is that most of these people have been battling increasingly harsh life circumstances over time, and they're getting shit on by Democrats, Hollywood, and the mainstream media. While much time is spent decrying the (legitimately) tough circumstances in the inner city ghettos, little attention is paid to the struggles in rural America. These areas have little career opportunity, a terrible and growing meth/opiate abuse problem, poor schools, teen/young pregnancies, and alcoholism issues. These people are anything but privileged, which is why it infuriates them when celebrities and limousine liberals on the coasts chide them about all of their "white privilege".

I'm not trying to paint rural Americans as all good-hearted, salt-of-the-earth folks. There's plenty of pieces of shit among them, and these areas are often behind the times when it comes to how they view blacks and gays.

However, I've long rejected the nonsense spit out by the left about rural America that they're all gullible racist idiots who were manipulated by Trump and/or racist right wing dog whistlers. In reality, these communities have been long left out in the cold by the left, seeing their race, religion, and belief systems attacked as evil, and being told that they're highly privileged. It's hard to reconcile with that when you're poor and watching your entire family struggle. The left has themselves to blame for losing these votes, not Trump or anyone else on the right.

Load Metric
    rofl go win the genetic lottery and grow up in fucking bakersfield

Load Metric
    sick ass outlet mall though on the way to san francisco

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

And for as long as you have been saying this, you have been wrong. Why? At least since the GOP successfully got a born-again Christian who was solidly against legalized abortion elected president, the majority of Republicans have been conservative Christians, and those folks don’t just think Democrats are “wrong”.

Hell! One of my own close relatives has for years believed that Barack Obama was, and I quote, “evil” because of his stance on abortion. And that same relative praises Trump, and prays for him to weather the political storm visited upon him by the “evil Democrats”. He doesn’t like Trump’s handling of immigration issues, but everything else he either heartily supports or is indifferent to regardless of how many laws Trump may have broken or if he has violated the Constitution.

That being said, I am deducing that when you say “Republican”, you are mostly ignoring the vast majority of actual Republicans these days, and are thinking of economically-conservative-but-non-religious Republicans. Hate to break it to you, buddy, but those folks are marginally relative in the Republican Party these days, and have been for over two decades.
    Just because you have a cousin who hates Democrats and calls them evil doesn't mean that he represents the norm.

I am a member of a lot of large Facebook groups, including conservative and liberal leaning ones.

If I post any right/semi-right leaning response to a lefty meme or article, I get bombarded with responses calling me "evil", "racist", "misogynistic", something-"phobic", a "Nazi" (lol), and tons of other names attacking me from the standpoint of being a really bad guy. Keep in mind that my responses are not extreme, nasty, or trolling in any fashion, and in fact resemble my political posts on PFA.

On the flip side, when left-leaning people post dissenting messages in conservative groups, they're called "snowflakes", "cucks", "idiots", "stupid", etc.

See the difference?

While both groups treat dissenting parties poorly, the left attacks from the standpoint of, "You're mean, nasty, racist and evil", whereas conservatives attack from the standpoint of, "You're stupid and overly sensitive."

That's basically what I've seen for years, outliers aside.

This is why the let has been known for trying very hard to censor/deplatform right wing speech/opinion, but the right hasn't been doing the same to the left.

Load Metric

Just because you have a cousin who hates Democrats and calls them evil doesn't mean that he represents the norm.

I am a member of a lot of large Facebook groups, including conservative and liberal leaning ones.

If I post any right/semi-right leaning response to a lefty meme or article, I get bombarded with responses calling me "evil", "racist", "misogynistic", something-"phobic", a "Nazi" (lol), and tons of other names attacking me from the standpoint of being a really bad guy. Keep in mind that my responses are not extreme, nasty, or trolling in any fashion, and in fact resemble my political posts on PFA.

On the flip side, when left-leaning people post dissenting messages in conservative groups, they're called "snowflakes", "cucks", "idiots", "stupid", etc.

See the difference?

While both groups treat dissenting parties poorly, the left attacks from the standpoint of, "You're mean, nasty, racist and evil", whereas conservatives attack from the standpoint of, "You're stupid and overly sensitive."

This is why the let has been known for trying very hard to censor/deplatform right wing speech/opinion, but the right hasn't been doing the same to the left.

seriously why do you encourage him
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

See the difference?

seriously why do you encourage him
    Just take it to PM - no one gives a shit about a political take from someone over 45.

I can't read Mumbles, and Druff just recycles Republican talking points, dialing down the racism and dialing up the misogyny.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff, you going to stand for this ageism???
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information