Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroic Americans against facism: Antifa viciously attacks journalist in Portland who had previously chronicled their illegal activities

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Heroic Americans against facism: Antifa viciously attacks journalist in Portland who had previously chronicled their illegal activities

Journalist Andy Ngo had written articles about Antifa's illegal tactics in the past, and he was viciously attacked by a group of masked Antifa members in Portland, simply for being there.

Amazingly, many on the left have been defending attacks like these. There has been a growing sentiment on the left that violence is a necessary tool against "fascism" and "the alt-right", which justifies attacking those perceives enemies, even if they are not causing any kind of physical harm.

I have seen on my Facebook where formerly peaceful leftists have been cheering Antifa's attacks.

Very disturbing.

This particular attack was even worse, because it was aimed at Ngo for simply writing the truth about their tactics in the past.

Portland police also said that the milkshakes thrown on Ngo were not simply beverages, but instead also contained quick-drying cement.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: you made a typo in the title that warrants a red rep, don't be so sloppy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, the guy who yelled "Fuckin' owned, bitch!" at the end sounded like Micon.

Anyone know where he's been?

(Actually, Micon seems to hate the SJW left these days, so I don't see him as an Antifa type.)

Load Metric
    So white leftists beat up a gay, Asian journalist?

This would have never happened in the ethno-state.

Load Metric
    Sounds like gay asian bro may have permanent brain damage due to chemicals thrown in his face by white leftists.

I think during these difficult times it is important to remember that diversity is our strength.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I've wondered how the Jews in the ghettos of Germany would have fared against fascism if they'd been armed.

Apparently you only need silly string to do the job?

Comments

devidee: Gun control works

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Can't wait till they try this shit outside of leftist shitholes, they will be shot dead … lol

Comments

gimmick: ok

Load Metric
    https://heavy.com/news/2019/06/andy-ngo-attacked/

Quillette, the outlet that Ngo primarily works for, has been described by the Daily Beast as “a site that fancies itself intellectually contrarian but mostly publishes right-wing talking points couched in grievance politics.”

damned no wonder druff is emotionally invested in this.

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    https://heavy.com/news/2019/06/andy-ngo-attacked/

Quillette, the outlet that Ngo primarily works for, has been described by the Daily Beast as “a site that fancies itself intellectually contrarian but mostly publishes right-wing talking points couched in grievance politics.”

damned no wonder druff is emotionally invested in this.
    Oh, well then, thank God the gay Asian bro has been brain-damaged.

Load Metric
    the following is from Breitbart, Ngo hisself

“I just got beat up by the crowd, with no police at all, in the middle of the street,” Ngo said during the livestream.

“Where the hell were all of you,” he is heard asking the police officer. He is also heard saying he was assaulted twice earlier in the day, and reported both incidents to the police with no response.

He said he was hit by milkshakes and hit on the back of his head as well.

Ngo is known for covering the far left and is often targeted by the left for his reporting. The day before the planned protest, he expressed fears of being singled out and assaulted:

I am nervous about tomorrow’s Portland antifa rally. They’re promising “physical confrontation” & have singled me out to be assaulted. I went on Tucker Carlson last year to explain why I think they’re doing this: They’re seeking meaning through violence. https://t.co/kpkESjsOmI pic.twitter.com/J45MMshyyK

— Andy Ngo (@MrAndyNgo) June 28, 2019

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-in-portland/

pudgy millennia chooses to get on the far right money train. say the god damnest shit across every platform hoping somebody notices. of course set up Patreon. and have a friend prepped with a gofundme.

alert followers via twitter you will be taking big risks soon. insert yourself into the middle of peeps you know to favor a bit of roughing up. get antifa attention, "maga, I'm Ngo" livestream yourself. try three times to get the results you wanted.

it's all made up shit. and the wackos love it, real news.

and druff. cement mix, quick set or otherwise, when mixed thin enough to perform as a liquid will set as a paper thin layer that crumbles and falls off skin when given a flick. or you can wipe it off within 15 minutes same as a real shake.

how far did Ngo have to travel to be in Portland?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

MumblesBadly: True journalists make themselves the center of the story. Right???

sah_24: Peak libtard lol
    Last edited by cleatus; 06-30-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Okay, I've seen narratives like cleatus' expressed on Twitter a lot today.

The general theory being presented:

Ngo tried to make this happen for publicity's sake. That is, he knew Antifa would attack him if he tweeted about being "worried" about being there, showed up alone, and waited for some assholes at Antifa to start going after him.

Then, later on, he could be a martyr with his "omg omg they attacked me just for reporting on them" line.

And you know what? I think it's quite possible it happened that way. Being a victim can overall be beneficial to you in today's social media age, and I get that.

However, that doesn't really change anything.

Antifa really did attack him.

I am not reading any reports -- even from Antifa supporters -- that the attack was staged.

I am not reading any reports -- even from Antifa supporters -- that he attempted to goad them into attacking him.

He knew that simply showing up would get him attacked, and Antifa took the bait.

That doesn't make Antifa any less guilty.

Let's put this in a different perspective.

Let's say that Bruce is a gay rights activist, and he lives in Alabama and is hated by many there.

Bruce decides to show up to an alt-right rally, knowing that some asshole redneck will attack him. He postures on social media that he's very scared to go, but will show up anyway.

Bruce goes to the rally, and sure enough, some rednecks attack him.

Do you think the left would be saying, "Bruce had it coming for showing up to a place he knew he'd be attacked"?

Or "Bruce is going to gain from this, since the donations will pour in now"?

No, we'd be reading about how awful and nasty those gay-bashing rednecks were, and that would be the correct way to look at it.

Bottom line:

Andy Ngo was attacked by Antifa without provocation.

Antifa is a violent, reprehensible, hypocritical group which seeks to fight fascism through their own violent fascist tactics.

This situation helped expose Antifa for what they are.

Most of the left's silence on this -- as well as the silence of LGBT groups -- speaks volumes about how much they really care when a gay minority is attacked. They only care if gay left wing minorities get attacked.

Comments

sah_24: Exactly libtard hypocrisy is mind boggling but ...

Load Metric
    Trump wins in 2020 because of this, basically. Thats about it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Antifa is a violent, reprehensible, hypocritical group which seeks to fight fascism through their own violent fascist tactics.

Most of the left's silence on this -- as well as the silence of LGBT groups -- speaks volumes about how much they really care when a gay minority is attacked. They only care if gay left wing minorities get attacked.
    Antifa has always been a violent group. That isn't a new revelation. They were found specifically to use violence and separate them from non violent groups.

Sometimes when you taunt people you get slapped. I don't know how loudly that should be said.

There isn't really a left wing equivalent to this. They rarely wander into middle of a klan rally on their own.

Thoughts and prayers.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

sah_24: Lol ...

Load Metric
    punched him right in his gook face lol

these antifa guys are a bunch of pussies for ganging up on one guy who is too scared to fight back

Gold
    Load Metric
    Okay, I've seen narratives like cleatus' expressed on Twitter a lot today.

The general theory being presented:

Ngo tried to make this happen for publicity's sake. That is, he knew Antifa would attack him if he tweeted about being "worried" about being there, showed up alone, and waited for some assholes at Antifa to start going after him.

Then, later on, he could be a martyr with his "omg omg they attacked me just for reporting on them" line.

And you know what? I think it's quite possible it happened that way. Being a victim can overall be beneficial to you in today's social media age, and I get that.

I am not reading any reports -- even from Antifa supporters -- that the attack was staged.

I am not reading any reports -- even from Antifa supporters -- that he attempted to goad them into attacking him.

He knew that simply showing up would get him attacked, and Antifa took the bait.

That doesn't make Antifa any less guilty.

Let's put this in a different perspective.

Let's say that Bruce is a gay rights activist, and he lives in Alabama and is hated by many there.

Bruce decides to show up to an alt-right rally, knowing that some asshole redneck will attack him. He postures on social media that he's very scared to go, but will show up anyway.

Bruce goes to the rally, and sure enough, some rednecks attack him.

Do you think the left would be saying, "Bruce had it coming for showing up to a place he knew he'd be attacked"?

Or "Bruce is going to gain from this, since the donations will pour in now"?

No, we'd be reading about how awful and nasty those gay-bashing rednecks were, and that would be the correct way to look at it.

Bottom line:

I saw the video and this guy was heckled and had the equivalent of being egged. If the guy was seriously injured, you'd have a story. "Quick dry" cement.. Did people think he'd be encapsulated and die in the stuff? I don't understand.

I don't care to defend their actions, but you can't really compare this to some made up thing about rednecks without going into the specifics of what the assault is. Ive been waaaay more roughed up fucking around with buddies while drunk and we were all laughing our asses off. Hard to care about this guy?

The right has really fell into the trap of playing victim card. I used to hear it from them - complaining the left did it, but with the new media outlets, it has become a really widespread thing. Shared victimhood works !

And you're totally wrong about the LBQT stuff. They'd defend the guy if that was the reason he was attacked. The fact that he is gay seems to have no bearing what so ever on this (like desired by LBQT people) , so why would anyone care? This is actually what they want, IMO. They don't want anyone attacked, but they want to be treated the same, which is what happened. This was not an attack on a 'gay man', but an attack on a man who happened to be gay. See?

edit - actually I guess he was attacked more viciously than I thought. He wasn't knocked to the ground 1 guy appeared to try and aid him. So I retract part of what I said, but I still don't think he was hurt that bad. First guy punched him.. and someone threw what may have been a rock. Yea, thats pretty rough, so I guess he might have been 'beat up', but he never hit the ground.. that ain't much. But what do I know, I'm jus' a liberal of sorts who doesn't claim victimhood about anything.

Load Metric

fair.

pretty sure antifa catches a domestic terror label in the next 5 years.

the heart and soul of antifa are berkeley homeless anarchist kids and those cats are wound fucking tight. factor in cointel and foreign intelligence services abroad moving the online dialogs for all right and left wing groups towards violence and its pretty obvious where this is all heading.

something hunter s thompson taught me a long fucking time ago; recreational violence loses its shine when you realize that it attracts the sorts of people who are much better at it than you.

andy ngo is making a deliberate decision to put himself in harms way. sooner or later, some unmedicated schizophrenic who fell through society's cracks is going to put a screwdriver through his fucking heart.

over/under on how many minutes it takes for this site to trot out the 'so much for the non-violent left' provocations when it happens?

because unless you're going to make that distinction between left wing extremism and right wing victim-for-profit scheming, youre kinda peripherally responsible for encouraging the latter.

Comments

sah_24: Oh the libtard irony ...

gimmick:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

fair.

pretty sure antifa catches a domestic terror label in the next 5 years.

the heart and soul of antifa are berkeley homeless anarchist kids and those cats are wound fucking tight. factor in cointel and foreign intelligence services abroad moving the online dialogs for all right and left wing groups towards violence and its pretty obvious where this is all heading.

something hunter s thompson taught me a long fucking time ago; recreational violence loses its shine when you realize that it attracts the sorts of people who are much better at it than you.

andy ngo is making a deliberate decision to put himself in harms way. sooner or later, some unmedicated schizophrenic who fell through society's cracks is going to put a screwdriver through his fucking heart.

over/under on how many minutes it takes for this site to trot out the 'so much for the non-violent left' provocations when it happens?

because unless you're going to make that distinction between left wing extremism and right wing victim-for-profit scheming, youre kinda peripherally responsible for encouraging the latter.
    A masterpiece

Recreational violence - beautiful.

You are like PFA’s Kevin Durant - even 80% still worth a max contract

You ever wonder what thoughts the evil genius Dick Cheney harbors right now? He would exploit the chaos and weakness once again in ways no one could imagine. If only his pig heart would let him.

Beware the silent man.

Load Metric
    Any liberals or moderates who remain silent about this kind of attack can no longer lay any claim to the moral high ground and should have their opinions ignored as irrelevant.

This is not to say that both Antifa and The Proud Boys aren't generally chock full of knuckleheads.

Load Metric
    Violence against journalists is never good.

Now, that said,

Portland police also said that the milkshakes thrown on Ngo were not simply beverages, but instead also contained quick-drying cement.

Yeah, no, not exactly. They said this:

Thus far, there has been no proof at all of this being true. Even Fox News backed off the claim, which should tell you something.

IF there's proof somewhere, feel free to post it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: It was a bullshit rumor started by a far-right group, then amplified by rightwing new media stars. Then repeated by sheep like Druff.

Thread Information