Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WSOP musings

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnFanningsLimpDick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

So I'm confused here.

I played 3 NL tournaments early.

First was the Big Fofty, where I made it to 666th out of 28000 something. I searched my tweets on that one, and while I played a few JJ hands, none of them were of that description.

Second was the Millionaire Maker. I played just two hands -- JTo and T9s, lost both, and was out. So it wasn't that one.

Third was the $1k Double Stack. I went through that, and again no JJ hand like that.

That was it for my WSOP NL prelim events this summer. The rest were either Omaha or Limit Holdem.

Are you sure you read the hand right?
    I read the hand correctly but I can't find the post myself now. It's not impossible I read an old tweet or post by mistake though. From memory there was an early position raise, you 3-bet with JJ and now an Asian player (female?) who you said had been playing weirdly or doing strange things 4-bet it. You called and check-folded on the Axx flop. I remember you ended up putting in a shade under 1/3 of your stack pre-flop the fraction was 475 out of 1500 although those numbers seem strangely low. Maybe it was 47.5K out of 150K.
    I bet Druff is 10x more +ev in these events than you are lol …

Comments

Salty_Aus: I bet even Druff cringes when you constantly gobble his junk

ShawnFanningsLimpDick: If you think that then you should sell everything you own to buy pieces of Druff's action

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Through Day 2.

300k.

Should be well above average.

Day 3 is at 11am on Monday.

Radio later today at 3pm.

Load Metric
    Through Day 2.

300k.

Should be well above average.

Day 3 is at 11am on Monday.

Radio later today at 3pm.
    Shouldn’t you be relaxing today instead of getting yourself worked up over a slew of topics on the forum?

Name:  AABDCC7A-7D36-4405-BD8B-BD8117CC5B0B.png
Views: 787
Size:  291.8 KB

Only kidding. Good luck tomorrow.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 07-07-2019 at 03:42 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's my writeup on Day 2 and the upcoming Day 3 of the Main Event:

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post847264

Load Metric
    A total of 8,569 players ponied up the $10,000 to enter the event — the second-most ever and only 204 less than the record set in 2006.
    This after predicting that the field for this year's 2019 WSOP main event would be the largest ever.

It's because the Rio and Caesars/Harrahs/Eldorado Resorts fucking sucks balls.

They can't be trusted to manage their own fucking restrooms.

They won't stop people from harassing you to death in the Rio hallways trying to sell you a fucking battery charger.

They can't stop people from getting robbed in the parking lot.

They provide shit food and an overly inflated price. Not including All American Dave, who provides good food at an overly inflated price.

They give media credentials anyone who owns a fucking blog.

After promoting the poker app Poker Go, which all final tables were supposed to be broadcast on, they switch it over to CBS all access instead just to fuck people up and for the WSOP to receive more money.

These are the payouts for the 2019 WSOP final table...

1st $10,000,000
    2nd $6,000,000
    3rd $4,000,000
    4th $3,000,000
    5th $2,200,000
    6th $1,850,000
    7th $1,525,000
    8th $1,250,000
    9th $1,000,000

The WSOP just doesn't make any sense anymore, only nonsense.

I just hope that for Caesars Entertainment to get approved for the merger with Eldorado Resorts that they are required to sell the World Series of Poker brand to a more competent operator.

Load Metric
    Response to Suh_24. Druff probably does know better than me. The only claims I have made about my poker exploits are that I have been playing for 25 years, I am moderately in the black in both tournaments and cash games, and have never asked for a stake.

I don’t attribute it to my great skills, but to bankroll management, game selection, and the fact that in limit hold’em 95% of the players are incapable of ever folding AK until a showdown on the river, no matter what the board looks like.

Comments

sah_24: Fair

Load Metric
    Todd at the table with Max Silver? he created basically the best push/fold tournament app there is

Comments

Sanlmar: Sick trivia rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Only briefly played with Max. Oddly he asked what the shampoo bottle was for, then called me "Todd" a short time after, and I don't think he looked me up in between. Unless he looked up his opponents beforehand.

He was wearing a patch for the Snap-Shove app, and I asked him what it was. Somehow I hadn't heard of it, I guess because I don't play NL outside of the WSOP.

They broke our table quickly.

The only significant hand I played against him involved me having AA, and both the SB (some rec) and him in the BB calling.

Flop JTx two spades. Rec bet, Max thought and called, and I put them both all in. Both folded. Neither had more than 100k (I had 300).

Max laid it down and later told me he had a flush draw, so I protected myself from having to fade it (at least without them overpaying for the privilege), which is exactly what I was trying to do.

He doubled up (not off me) shortly before the table broke. I got a better table when I moved to Amazon.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anyway, I cashed. Not the greatest day. My won-loss record of pots entered versus pots won was horrendous. Fortunately I was able to avoid losing much on any single hand, played small ball for the most part, and did get one cooler in my favor where I had nut flush versus Q high flush.

Didn't take any bad beats, either.

I just realllly did badly regarding both running into huge hands pre and missing flops (or them hitting way better than me).

But I survived, cashed, and have average chips coming into Day 4 (385k), so it could be worse.

High chips was 550k for me.

I spent almost the entire day above the 300k mark I came in with.

I did run a nice bluff late in the day on a JJ6 board against two people when I had air.

Day 3 has tortured me this decade. After making mid-late Day 6 in 2010 (88th), I made Day 3 in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2017, all with reasonable chips, and failed to cash all four times. Had things gone a little differently, I could have cashed in 6 of the 10 Mains in the 2010s. Instead I'll have to settle for 2-for-10. Still, I'd love to make this one a deep run, and will need some luck going forward.

This is my second consecutive WSOP cashing 4 times, despite entering a limited number of events.

Comments

MumblesBadly: *WIN/loss

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just turned on PFA Radio right now and I'm listening to 2013 me talking about how upset I was after a super cooler to bust the Main shortly before the money.

Weird timing.

It's ok, 2013 Druff, 2019 Druff is here to rescue you.

I just don't envy you once you get to August 2018.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Response to Suh_24. Druff probably does know better than me. The only claims I have made about my poker exploits are that I have been playing for 25 years, I am moderately in the black in both tournaments and cash games, and have never asked for a stake.

I don’t attribute it to my great skills, but to bankroll management, game selection, and the fact that in limit hold’em 95% of the players are incapable of ever folding AK until a showdown on the river, no matter what the board looks like.
    I know Druff knows better, PFA is full of losing poker players … like shawnfanningretard

Comments

Salty_Aus: You only came here for the freerolls

Load Metric
    Anyway, I cashed. Not the greatest day. My won-loss record of pots entered versus pots won was horrendous. Fortunately I was able to avoid losing much on any single hand, played small ball for the most part, and did get one cooler in my favor where I had nut flush versus Q high flush.

I just realllly did badly regarding both running into huge hands pre and missing flops (or them hitting way better than me).

But I survived, cashed, and have average chips coming into Day 4 (385k), so it could be worse.

I did run a nice bluff late in the day on a JJ6 board against two people when I had air.

Day 3 has tortured me this decade. After making mid-late Day 6 in 2010 (88th), I made Day 3 in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2017, all with reasonable chips, and failed to cash all four times. Had things gone a little differently, I could have cashed in 6 of the 10 Mains in the 2010s. Instead I'll have to settle for 2-for-10. Still, I'd love to make this one a deep run, and will need some luck going forward.

This is my second consecutive WSOP cashing 4 times, despite entering a limited number of events.
    Technically, you’ve only “reached the money”. Because if for some bizarre reason the tournament director boots you and takes away your chips before you get paid, you will not have cashed. And this tourney *is* run by Caesars, so who knows *what* might happen. Right?

Comments

Belly Buster: *wrong*. Moron.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 02.49.03.png
Views: 612
Size:  5.26 MB

oh look

Comments

DirtyErnie: God

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Technically, you’ve only “reached the money”. Because if for some bizarre reason the tournament director boots you and takes away your chips before you get paid, you will not have cashed. And this tourney *is* run by Caesars, so who knows *what* might happen. Right?
    have you ever had a thought that you didn't feel the need to post?

Comments

sonatine: blake DESTROYS mumbles with FACTS and LOGIC

MumblesBadly: Yes.

Load Metric
    Druff gotta be tilting. Guy directly beside him eating a full size pizza
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

have you ever had a thought that you didn't feel the need to post?
    blake, blake, blake, blake.....you were near 50% and then this

Name:  190703002450-megan-rapinoe-super-tease.jpg
Views: 2097
Size:  59.4 KB

nothing against this talent....she is great....but
    on the looker scale maybe a 5

and that shouldn't the be the deciding factor but she
    is also a complete douche of a person
    so there's that

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Day 5

Playing with Joe Hachem's son.

Otherwise a good table draw, but it will likely break.

Details: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post848796

Goodnight.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Norman Chad came over to our Day 3 table, by the way, and talked to the guy next to me, whom he knew from somewhere. The subject of maybe being on a featured table came up. I made some joke that he was "already mean enough to me 14 years ago" and to go easy on me (this was before I knew I'd actually be on a featured table the following day.)

Norman then said, "Hey, Todd, I didn't see it was you from this angle!"

Then he told the table that I have been a great watchdog for the community and that I "do a great job bringing to light a lot of things in this community which need to be seen."

I was surprised he knew that much about me, or thought so highly of me. I had thought he just saw me as a guy who spun a seat cover in 2005.

I told him I wasn't actually mad about him being mean to me on ESPN, and that he was "just doing his job".

He wished me luck, and walked off elsewhere.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Couch slouch approved!

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    #unsavoury
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Daniel Hachem identified as one of the 10 most dangerous players left in the field.

You've been warned.

Take him down!

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2019/...p-in-the-worl/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information