Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twitter Problems

Platinum
    Load Metric

Twitter Problems

Is anyone else not able to access Twitter, sometimes for a day or so?

Haven't been able to get even on the home page on all morning, so annoying.

Other times I can pull up my home page, but it won't finish loading and won't auto update, and Stays that way for sometimes days at a time. Have to manually refresh to load new tweets...repeatedly.

Load Metric
    Aside from the outage late last week Twitter has been tip top for me. No issues today at all.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Aside from the outage late last week Twitter has been tip top for me. No issues today at all.
    So weird.

Site won't come up for nothing, and my internet is working fine otherwise.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    So weird.

Maybe you have a virus or malware preventing you connecting to it.

Load Metric
    Yeah it's working fine for me...
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

So weird.

Maybe you have a virus or malware preventing you connecting to it.
    Maybe he was browsing vpr

Load Metric
    This is a serious question. What use does a grown man have for Twitter? What do you use it for? I don't get it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    This is a serious question. What use does a grown man have for Twitter? What do you use it for? I don't get it.

I'm with you. I have a business, and I will be using twitter to keep my customers informed of my products, but unless someone is delusional and believes that there are actually people out there who give a shit about anything they do on a daily basis, twitter isn't really good for anything.

Its good for promoting yourself. People abuse this tremendously by having an inflated sense of self worth

Load Metric
    twitter is great for fantasy sports

follow whoever your favorite baseball/football writer is and you get info hours before it's on yahoo or espn.com - injury reports, who's starting, trades, call ups, etc

Load Metric
    I use it to keep track of the poker world, Vegas happenings and other topics or people I am interested in. Every once in a while I will tweet something about myself and pretend somebody gives a shit.
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

follow whoever your favorite baseball/football writer is and you get info hours before it's on yahoo or espn.com - injury reports, who's starting, trades, call ups, etc
    I guess that makes sense. But you wouldn't need your own account to view theirs right? What point is there to having your own account? To tell people what you ate for lunch? I still don't get it.

Name:  tomhanks-big-transformer.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  59.4 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

I guess that makes sense. But you wouldn't need your own account to view theirs right? What point is there to having your own account? To tell people what you ate for lunch? I still don't get it.

It's the only way to follow multiple people in an easy way.

I don't understand Twitter/Facebook/social media haters. Don't like it, don't use it.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric

I don't understand Twitter/Facebook/social media haters. Don't like it, don't use it.
    Not hating. Just trying to understand why a grown ass man would need daily updates on what other grown men are doing. I guess I just don't get it and never will. If it's that critical to you to find out what Lil Wayne ate for breakfast, have fun.

Load Metric

Not hating. Just trying to understand why a grown ass man would need daily updates on what other grown men are doing. I guess I just don't get it and never will. If it's that critical to you to find out what Lil Wayne ate for breakfast, have fun.

Serious question: do you enjoy anything? if so,what?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I agree with this sentiment. When it first came out I predicted it's demise....lol.....I've tried it during the hockey season, so I understand if you really want to know everything about

a particular topic and someone has inside info, but in the long run who gives a shit for the majority of tweets.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Mainly follow comedians and celebrity trainwrecks for luls

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

Serious question: do you enjoy anything? if so,what?
    I asked him the same question not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzclown
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzclown
    What a horrible fucking thread. Just God fucking awful.
    Azz, is there anything that you actually like or think is good?

Platinum
    Load Metric

Sports/news/friends/business

Apparently you have no interest in either of the four. I do, as do 140 million other people in the world.

Back to the topic at hand....funny thing is, I can pull up the app on my phone and still can't get on from my laptop.

If anyone has troubleshooting for a virus maybe, let me know. I have no idea what is going on.

This is a first despite previous problems where I could at least get the home page up, but not be able to do anything with it.

Load Metric
    I totally hear you, Anal. When Twitter first emerged as a popular social networking medium, I found it boring, useless, and actually repugnant. I remember thinking, who the hell cares what you are doing every three minutes? No one gives a crap! FFS!

But after populating my Twitter with some very funny and interesting accounts, I started to soften. It's a way to type out a quick advert or announcement, and have it instantly read by hundreds to thousand to MILLIONS of people - effortless/free.

I will admit though that I rarely read my Twitter feed unless it's directed at me personally. I guess I still don't really care that much.

Sometimes I'll hear that Howard Stern or Beth-O went on and interacted with their fans for an hour or something, and realize I'm sorry I missed the chance to actually have a live conversation with them. Where else can you do that?

To be honest, I've never received a Tweet back from Howard or anyone else of his caliber (I've tried to draw out Ru Paul on several occasions - huge fan). But I keep trying. I got Michelle Visage to actually add me and have bullshitted back and forth with her on numerous occasions (she is god) and Santino Rice from Drag Race to respond to a tweet I sent him with a customized Photoshop. So you just never know. It's the only place you can potentially talk to and receive a response from someone otherwise inaccessible.

So it has that going for it. Which is nice.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric

Sports/news/friends/business

Apparently you have no interest in either of the four. I do, as do 140 million other people in the world.

Back to the topic at hand....funny thing is, I can pull up the app on my phone and still can't get on from my laptop.

If anyone has troubleshooting for a virus maybe, let me know. I have no idea what is going on.

This is a first despite previous problems where I could at least get the home page up, but not be able to do anything with it.
    You need to have a Twitter account to be interested in sports/news/friends/business? Lol. Ok bud. Pretty sure all those things existed before Twitter, and will still exist long after twitter fizzles out. What is you twitter name so I can see all that I have been missing?

Thread Information