Thread: Hockey Guy Adventures.

Load Metric

Hockey Guy Adventures.

I'll be in Seattle for the 3 game series between the Blue Jays & Mariners from August 23-25 then flying out late on the 26th. Will be staying in the Belltown area.

I've been to Seattle many times & done most of the touristy stuff(Space Needle, Museum of Pop Culture, Chihully Glass Garden, Pike Market, Underground Tour, Lake Union Locks Cruise) & will most likely go to the Aquarium & the Museum of Flight this time. Never been to Seattle during the summer months so is there any other interesting things like summer festivals that we should check out? We were in Toronto the same August weekend in 2018 for a Blue Jays trip & had a great time at the Pan American Food & Music Festival @ Yonge-Dundas Square & wondering if there are similar things happening in Seattle. We never have a car but would cab it if it looks worthwhile.

Also looking for restaurant recommendations, preferably seafood, in the downtown area(Pioneer Square to the Space Needle area) for a nice Sunday night meal after the ballgame.

TIA.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    take a long walk off a short pier

Comments

rollinx420: lullzerskatzz

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    take a long walk off a short pier
    Unfortunately all the piers in Seattle are long. I'm much too old to make it all the way to the end.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Mariners v Blue Jays & Seattle.

Did the oil money run out ? Is this how Canadians reward themselves?

This is a sad thread.

Roll the dice and risk the bullets and the tourist sudden illness & deaths in the Dominican Republic. There are prolly great Druff coupons atm

Pasty white Canucks

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Mariners v Blue Jays & Seattle.

Did the oil money run out ? Is this how Canadians reward themselves?

This is a sad thread.

Roll the dice and risk the bullets and the tourist sudden illness & deaths in the Dominican Republic. There are prolly great Druff coupons atm

Pasty white Canucks
    Know your strengths & stick to the Trump & betting threads there dude.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    I was just up last month to see the Twins @ Seattle, this isn't seafood but after the game we took a relatively quick walk north to Altstadt for the first time. Was impressed, pretty solid German place.

https://www.altstadtseattle.com/

The Pine Box has become a go-to stop now whenever I'm up there. Cool setting in an old funeral home. Good beer selection, great meatballs.

https://www.pineboxbar.com/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I was just up last month to see the Twins @ Seattle, this isn't seafood but after the game we took a relatively quick walk north to Altstadt for the first time. Was impressed, pretty solid German place.

https://www.altstadtseattle.com/

The Pine Box has become a go-to stop now whenever I'm up there. Cool setting in an old funeral home. Good beer selection, great meatballs.

https://www.pineboxbar.com/
    The Pine Box looks awesome. Do they do flights?

I was thinking about something closer to my hotel, like The Pike Brewing Company, but may have to check it out on the Friday before the game.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by incognito81 View Post
    Some friends have also recommended this place. They've also recommended the Metropolitan Grill but this seems a little too upscale for after a ballgame.

Also considering the Brooklyn Seafood Steak & Oyster House as well as Blueacre Seafood because they would be a little more convenient to the Light Rail & our hotel than Ivar's.

Thoughts?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Just got back this week & did Palace Kitchen for after that Sunday game. It was a solid choice.

Wanted to do the Pine Box before the Friday game but my wife didn't feel like walking that far so we stopped at Lola's for happy hour & it was awesome. Both PK & Lola's are Tom Douglas places.

Wore my old school Expos jerseys to the games, I have a light blue Andre Dawson & a white Vladimir Guerrero Sr. & had an unbelievable amount of people stop me to talk baseball & a few wanted their picture taken with me. It turned out to be a great ice-breaker with fellow Expos fanatics who miss our team but it's kinda weird to think my picture is probably on some people's facebook feeds right now.

Also took the ferry over to Bainbridge Island saturday to walk thru Bloedel Reserve & then a nice lunch @ Proper Fish in Winslow. Both highly recommended.

Already planning a return for the Who concert & Hawks-Ravens game Oct 19th-20th weekend or for the Huskies-Utah game and Hawks-Bucs game on the Nov 2nd-3rd weekend.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Did the fact that both are failteams diminish your enjoyment of the game?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Did the fact that both are failteams diminish your enjoyment of the game?
    I'm not a fan of either team but the Jays have some pretty good looking prospects so I was happy all of them except Gurriel were in the lineup.

I was there mainly for the experience of major league baseball in a wonderful city with great food.

......wait for it.......

& obviously the hotel sex.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Thread Information