Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympics 2012 lol/fail thread

Load Metric

Olympics 2012 lol/fail thread

Michel Morganella has had a miserable Monday. The Swiss right back was on the losing end of a 2-1 defeat to South Korea at the Olympics on Sunday, and following the loss the Palermo defender had a meltdown on Twitter. The 23-year-old felt provoked after receiving a torrent of abuse throughout the match against the Asians. Morganella was booed throughout the match against the Koreans after he picked up an “injury” in a phantom challenge with Arsenal forward Park Chu Young. After getting riled on the pitch, Morganella let rip on Twitter:

I want to beat up all South Koreans! Bunch of mentally handicapped retards! (“Je les tous Defonce Coréens, allez vous tous Bruler, bande de trisos”) Unsurprisingly there was a big backlash to Morganella’s comments on the micro-blogging site, with many accusing the footballer of xenophobia and even racism. After publicly apologising on Twitter for his original comment, the defender has since had his Twitter account suspended. Moreover, calls are growing for the footballer to be kicked out of London 2012.

UPDATE: Since publishing this post, Michel Morganella has been kicked out of the Olympics.

Mr Bean at the opening ceremony: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82693026/?

James Bond & the Queen:

And to finish, a rower from Niger:

Niger rower Hammadou Djibo Issaka wins the hearts of GB rowing fans at Eton Dorney as he struggles to the finishing line in his men's single sculls repechage. Issaka eventually crosses the line, to massive applause, a full minute and 39 seconds after Lithuanian winner Mindaugs Griskonis. Hammadou reportedly took up rowing just three months ago.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/19036792

Load Metric
    I realize the tweet was not in good taste, but why are all of the news agencies calling it racist?

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'm sure there will be plenty of fail to come. Starting with G4S and then even before the opening ceremony, the wrong flag put out, mixing up North Korea with South Korea

Name:  _61813401_mmnorthkoreaflagwoe.png
Views: 1007
Size:  234.8 KB

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...orea-move.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Team GB soccer player Joe Allen, despite being born in Carmarthen and having 8 caps for Wales, is listed as English in the Olympic programme

Name:  JoeAllenblog.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  59.1 KB

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18997930
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I wonder what William and Harry were up to last night?

Name:  WilliamHarry.gif
Views: 1766
Size:  120.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Biggest choke artist of the games so far......

Name:  291916-kohei-uchimura-of-japan-is-seen-during-the-mens-gymnastics-team-final-.jpg
Views: 1730
Size:  45.7 KB

Load Metric
    http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-frontpage/l...en&.tsrc=yahoo

Moments before airing Missy Franklin's tape-delayed Olympic victory in the 100-meter backstroke, NBC ran a promo for Tuesday's edition of "Today" that said this:*"When you're 17 years old and win your first gold medal, there's nobody you'd rather share it with."
    The network had yet to show the Franklin's win when it ran the "Today" teaser that included this photograph of the teen sensation standing on the medal stand with the gold draped around her neck.

The short clip then cut to a video of Franklin hugging her parents outside London's Aquatic Center, presumably after the race that she had won seven hours before NBC showed it on the East Coast.
    Due to the five-hour time difference between London and the eastern time zone, NBC is running its entire primetime program on tape delay. The decision has led to the usual criticism from media and viewers even as the network is posting record ratings through the first two nights of the Games.
    Spoilers are difficult to avoid. Anyone with an internet connection or a talkative companion is bound to hear the Olympic news of the day, all of which happens well before NBC goes on the air at 8 p.m. ET. But to hear it from the network itself mere moments before the race? It's irresponsible, hypocritical and insulting. NBC needs to stop believing that 25 million casual viewers gives it a mandate to slap the minority of hardcore ones in the face. There's a dedicated corps of fans who dutifully*avoid results throughout the day. The network ruins it enough by tape delaying coverage (which is their right). Don't compound the issue by spoiling it, too.
    Those same fans would have also been flummoxed on Saturday when NBC News anchor Brian Williams led his broadcast by reporting the results of the highly-anticipated Ryan Lochte-Michael Phelps final in the 400 IM.
    "Good evening from London," Williams said that night . "While we try to be sensitive about spoiler alerts for our viewers who like to watch the Olympic Games in primetime here on NBC and let the story play out, the news we begin with here tonight has already rocketed all the way around the world."
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    I don't see how people are able to stay in the dark regarding results. Even the major news sites front page whatever the Americans do.

Going to be difficult to try and stay in the dark when the events I bet on start. What good is a sweat if it's spoiled 5 hours earlier?

Load Metric
    USA men -55 for tomorrow against Tunisia.

Fifty fucking five?!?! I'm tempted to take Tunisia...I mean, 55?! Fuck it, it will be a sweat if I lose.

I also like Argentina -5.5 against France, France blows..

Load Metric
    1. North Korea is tied for 3rd in gold medals.
    2. China is destroying the US in gold medals.
    3. Lochte and Phelps will choke continuously.
    4. Bet big on China in diving and gymnastics. China will likely take a lot of silvers and bronze in women's track and field.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    4. Bet big on China in diving and gymnastics. China will likely take a lot of silvers and bronze in track and field.
    Police states provide money to fund said medalists for promotion of said states............eat a bowl

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    4. Bet big on China in diving and gymnastics. China will likely take a lot of silvers and bronze in track and field.
    Police states provide money to fund said medalists for promotion of said states............eat a bowl

>Police State
    >China

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Fifty fucking five?!?! I'm tempted to take Tunisia...I mean, 55?! Fuck it, it will be a sweat if I lose.

Tunisia ftw. This USA team doesn't seem to have the "fuck it, we're going all out" attitude that the dream team, or other previous usa teams did. Tuinisia does fucking blow though.

I'd go argentina also, Parker is still out of shape, and probably can't see straight after the bottle to the eye. And France is really just him and Batum.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Security at the Olympic sailing event in Weymouth. Can you spot the fail?

Name:  olympicsmilitary.jpg
Views: 2193
Size:  74.1 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I'd take the US all day or stayaway, IMO

Load Metric
    4. Bet big on China in diving and gymnastics. China will likely take a lot of silvers and bronze in women's track and field.
    Agreed so far except in #4.. China didnt medal in Women's gymnastics team event (I suspect the whole using 12 yr olds got them burned badly in 2008). Whats embarassing is the US Mens team was #1 in qualification while the Chinese finished like 5th or 6th as I recall meanwhile when the finals came the US team didnt even medal while the Chinese won the Gold.. (Guess they had to juice it some). Just weird how suddenly the 5th and 6th place teams suddenly are on the platform at the end while the US team misses totally in the finals.. Already been accusations of them doping with that swimmer... SOmething stinks in Chinatown and its not the dimsum

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryQQQ View Post

All military, no G4S?
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

All military, no G4S?
    camouflage + fluorescent clothing = fail

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

>Police State
    >China

Not sure what you find amusing? Do you think you're not living in and cheering for a police state?

I'm guessing the fail is either the woman or the puny dog.
    Joe Sebok has a Micropenis.

Thread Information