Hi all,
I thought I would check in with the community. The school year is coming to an end shortly, and I am looking forward to having a fun summer. I am not going to take any summer classes, but I did do well in school this year at the junior college. I took on a light load for starters because I wanted to set myself up for success, and I think I am making some good progress. I got an A+ in each of the four classes I took so far. I am signed up as an Economics major, and have been readmitted to UC Irvine. I am going to apply to SJSU, though, in the fall because I would rather remain in the area where I am near my family and support network.
Drugs and smoking have become a thing of the past and I trust myself; I have faith in God that He will guide me in the right direction, and will certainly harbor me from ever returning to the darkness. Also, I have been stable on two medications now for about two years - the diagnosis and treatment were truly an enormous blessing in my life as they restored me to sanity.
The medications treat a mood disorder among other symptoms. Starting early in my adult life, I developed symptoms of schizoaffective disorder. It not only became worse because of drug use, but also was a factor contributing to my drug use. Getting treated made putting drugs aside a clear and easy choice. I no longer lust for drugs, and so it is easy to stay away.
Now that my mood is stable, and I am able to think, I have done really well in poker. I started with $300 in gift money last Christmas and won $16,000 since then. Unfortunately I made a horrible mistake about two weeks ago. I took all the money I had won in the last six months to a baccarat table and lost it all. It was a horribly reckless choice, and to be quite honest, I do not know what on Earth I was thinking! I have to NEVER do that again. I am still quite content with my life, and am confident I will bounce back.
I am trying to get into some body weight exercises. I have been swimming a little bit, trying to lose weight because the medication I am on caused me to gain about forty pounds. It is very hard for me to keep my weight stable, and next to impossible to lose weight. I swam five miles last Thursday, and am hoping to build up to more soon.
I hope everyone in the community is doing well.

Cheers,
Dan