Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60

Thread: Do you agree with the political opposition on anything?

  1. #41
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4621
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,189
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    This whole idea of the “opposition” is what is tearing America apart. Political ideas should be evaluated on their merits, not on who is espousing them. If Adolph Hitler was an advocate for clean public restrooms, I would agree with him.
    This sounds good, until you really think about it.

    While it would be ideal if each party put aside partisan politics and evaluated each idea on its merits, we are far past that point for this to realistically work anytime soon.

    It's become where it's one set of ideas/morals versus another set of ideals/morals.

    You need to pick which side is more in line with your opinions, and then support that side. The problem with supporting certain "other side" politicians is that they're under tremendous pressure to not oppose their own party, so even if that person is more aligned with your views than the other candidate, it's still a mistake to vote for them if it's against your own party.

    I don't like this situation, but it's naive to think it can be changed without a major upheaval of our political system, which ain't happening right now.

    I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, and wrote in a protest candidate, but that was only because I was voting in California, where I knew the outcome already.

    Had I been in anything resembling a swing state, I would have voted Trump, despite my many issues with him, because I'm voting more for Republican rule than the man himself.

    Unfortunately, this super-partisan thinking has also infected the average citizen on both sides. Republicans are shamed for ever agreeing with anything Democrats say (I'm talking about regular people, not politicians), and vice-versa.

    Hence the reason for this thread.

    I was interested to see how many PFA liberals were willing to concede certain traditionally Republican points of view, and how many PFA conservatives were willing to concede certain Democratic points of view.

  2. #42
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -109
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    6,990
    Druff, let me ask you a question that overwhelmingly tends to elicit a partsian response these days: Given the overwhelming evidence per the Mueller report that Trump commited obstruction of justice, do you support Trump...

    A) Being impeached and removed from office, with Pence ascending to the presidency,
    B) Remaining ioffice, but to face federal criminal charges for obstruction of justice within the statute of limitations period after leaving office.
    C) Neither being impeached nor federally charged for obstruction of justice after leaving office.

     
    Comments
      
      thesidedish: if u dont like the president, make up a crime. if he complains, charge him with obstruction. kill urself
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 06-24-2019 at 06:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  3. #43
    also druff what's your stance on going months without showering

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: Don’t know if that is based on a partisan mindset, but okay.

  4. #44
    Can't Post
    Reputation
    1169
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    11,480
    It's funny but I did think of that question as a bus full of mentally handicapped individuals, that's what they're called in Heaven/Canada, got off for ice cream and diaper changing. And I thought, yeah most Republicans must think he's doing as well as could be expected considering the lack of oxygen at birth.

     
    Comments
      
      thesidedish: very bad post
      
      MumblesBadly: Hadn’t thought of lack of oxygen at birth as the cause, but makes perfect sense.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Druff, let me ask you a question that overwhelmingly tends to elicit a partsian response these days: Given the overwhelming evidence per the Mueller report that Trump commited obstruction of justice, do you support Trump...

    A) Being impeached and removed from office, with Pence ascending to the presidency,
    B) Remaining ioffice, but to face federal criminal charges for obstruction of justice within the statute of limitations period after leaving office.
    C) Neither being impeached nor federally charged for obstruction of justice after leaving office.
    Find me 10 cases where no underlying crime was committed and obstruction of justice charges were filed.

    My favorite argument in the entire world from Democrats is when they go from, Trump is an idiot to he’s a “criminal mastermind who proactively planned and intervened into a Grand Jury investigation.”

    The guy can’t both be an idiot and the largest criminal mastermind in American history.

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: Robert Mueller is a lifelong law-and-order Republican, you dumbass!

  6. #46
    so if mumbles & limitles are so full of shit they are green repping each other these days, u guys need to get the forum war started at www.vegascasinotalk.com

     
    Comments
      
      Tellafriend: Lol

  7. #47
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    1521
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    This whole idea of the “opposition” is what is tearing America apart. Political ideas should be evaluated on their merits, not on who is espousing them. If Adolph Hitler was an advocate for clean public restrooms, I would agree with him.
    This sounds good, until you really think about it.

    While it would be ideal if each party put aside partisan politics and evaluated each idea on its merits, we are far past that point for this to realistically work anytime soon.

    It's become where it's one set of ideas/morals versus another set of ideals/morals.

    You need to pick which side is more in line with your opinions, and then support that side. The problem with supporting certain "other side" politicians is that they're under tremendous pressure to not oppose their own party, so even if that person is more aligned with your views than the other candidate, it's still a mistake to vote for them if it's against your own party.

    I don't like this situation, but it's naive to think it can be changed without a major upheaval of our political system, which ain't happening right now.

    I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, and wrote in a protest candidate, but that was only because I was voting in California, where I knew the outcome already.

    Had I been in anything resembling a swing state, I would have voted Trump, despite my many issues with him, because I'm voting more for Republican rule than the man himself.

    Unfortunately, this super-partisan thinking has also infected the average citizen on both sides. Republicans are shamed for ever agreeing with anything Democrats say (I'm talking about regular people, not politicians), and vice-versa.

    Hence the reason for this thread.

    I was interested to see how many PFA liberals were willing to concede certain traditionally Republican points of view, and how many PFA conservatives were willing to concede certain Democratic points of view.
    In the above you immediately say “you don’t like the situation” after you say we need to pick a side and stick with it, so I’ll give you credit for that. I couldn’t disagree more with the “picking a side” when the real problem is the duopoly.

    We had one of the two major parties fix the election for a candidate, as is well within the rules.

    This isn’t substainable. The duopoly empowers the lunitic fringe and nerfs the moderates. We elected Trump in an over reaction to Obama. We may be two years away from electing a Warren/Sanders type as an over reaction to Trump. We may raise Hitler from the dead in 2024 to run against a president Sanders and he would stand a chance to win only to in turn lose to President reincarnate Mao in 2028.

     
    Comments
      
      nunbeater: hear hear

  8. #48
    Druff has never been a conservative Repub. He's a Bush moderate. Always has been. To call himself a conservative is delusional.

     
    Comments
      
      Jayjami: Pooh for President.

  9. #49
    Gold splitthis's Avatar
    Reputation
    641
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At the Metroparks
    Posts
    1,805
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    also druff what's your stance on going months without showering
    Last week I went 4 days, this week today is 3 days without a shower. Too busy. Last 31 days $9,138.68. #busysmellysplit.

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: If you stop shaving your armpits, I might fall in love.
    Au Naturale

  10. #50
    Cubic Zirconia
    Reputation
    18
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    The very fact that a thread was created talking about “the political opposition” is the primary problem of the state of politics in this country.

    We the people over time have created the single most powerful entity in the history of the world. At the center of it instead of many different small representative groups that cater to the constituency is the biggest bioppoly in the world. The reason why it’s a bioppoly is to easily funnel money in and out of Washington. You either pay one side or the other to get your votes.

    I’m by closest definition a libertarian. I don’t call my self a republican and “agree with the political opposition” on a few things just to fit in with the state of politics.
    This.

    We desparately need a third party/independent candidate to run in 2020. He/she doesn't have to win, but they have to be a major factor.

  11. #51
    Democratic stuff I agree with...

    I'm against the death penalty. It'd kinda suck to get sent to death if you're innocent. However, I do support water-boarding (and other forms of torture) against terrorists, whether they do or do not have any information.

    I'm iffy on weed legalization, although I think it should be treated more like prescription pills, but overall don't particularly care one way or the other. So I guess that's more like 50/50.

    I think if a dude wants to cut off his wang and prance around like a woman, he should be able to. If a woman wants to grow a dick and do man stuff, she should be able to. But I'm not some rainbow-flag-fag waving retard. I don't support/condone mental illness and I think these mahoos should have to tell people they're an it before doing any kinda sexual stuff. I don't wanna get bamboozled by an it. If it can happen to Tyde, it can happen to anyone. I don't know how government healthcare bullshit works, but it should absolutely 10000% not be applicable for any kind of dick-cutting-off or dick-sewing-on procedures. Btw, #FreeTyde

    I can't think of any other left-leaning positions I agree with off the top of my head, since most are pretty fucking stupid.

  12. #52
    I agree with the Republican "smaller government" talking point. I have yet to really see them enact it but in theory I agree with the Repubs that we need less government



    way less



    even more less than that

  13. #53
    Gold Jayjami's Avatar
    Reputation
    345
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Wofford Heights, CA
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    This whole idea of the “opposition” is what is tearing America apart. Political ideas should be evaluated on their merits, not on who is espousing them. If Adolph Hitler was an advocate for clean public restrooms, I would agree with him.
    This sounds good, until you really think about it.

    While it would be ideal if each party put aside partisan politics and evaluated each idea on its merits, we are far past that point for this to realistically work anytime soon.

    It's become where it's one set of ideas/morals versus another set of ideals/morals.

    You need to pick which side is more in line with your opinions, and then support that side. The problem with supporting certain "other side" politicians is that they're under tremendous pressure to not oppose their own party, so even if that person is more aligned with your views than the other candidate, it's still a mistake to vote for them if it's against your own party.

    I don't like this situation, but it's naive to think it can be changed without a major upheaval of our political system, which ain't happening right now.

    I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, and wrote in a protest candidate, but that was only because I was voting in California, where I knew the outcome already.

    Had I been in anything resembling a swing state, I would have voted Trump, despite my many issues with him, because I'm voting more for Republican rule than the man himself.

    Unfortunately, this super-partisan thinking has also infected the average citizen on both sides. Republicans are shamed for ever agreeing with anything Democrats say (I'm talking about regular people, not politicians), and vice-versa.

    Hence the reason for this thread.

    I was interested to see how many PFA liberals were willing to concede certain traditionally Republican points of view, and how many PFA conservatives were willing to concede certain Democratic points of view.
    I support free trade, gun ownership, and less environmental regulation (especially in California). I’m not a “good democrat”. When my party takes full control, there will be “re-education” centers to correct my thinking.

  14. #54
    Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Reputation
    722
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    5,072
    as a lifelong liberal, im not sure who my opposition is, seeing as Im repulsed by the new (far) left.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

  15. #55
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5374
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,495
    i agree with conservatives that they need jesus.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  16. #56
    Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Reputation
    433
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

    The duopoly empowers the lunitic fringe and nerfs the moderates.


    Daly's a great poster with excellent, thoughtful takes but he's way off here.

    Maybe the one saving grace of a two party system is that it keeps the governing right in the middle where it should be. It's very difficult, or at least it has been, in our system for a truly extreme group to take power. This isn't so in other parliamentary systems where a relatively small minority can end up with an over abundance of power.

  17. #57
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    1521
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,399
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

    The duopoly empowers the lunitic fringe and nerfs the moderates.


    Daly's a great poster with excellent, thoughtful takes but he's way off here.

    Maybe the one saving grace of a two party system is that it keeps the governing right in the middle where it should be. It's very difficult, or at least it has been, in our system for a truly extreme group to take power. This isn't so in other parliamentary systems where a relatively small minority can end up with an over abundance of power.
    Literally could not disagree more

     
    Comments
      
      tony bagadonuts: didn't think I'd convince you otherwise with my two sentence blurb

  18. #58
    Guys you don't have to have an opinion on every issue. Almost every issue Druff posted I couldn't care less about. I give a fuck about the prison system? Why. I'm fine with gay marriage. Most of the other crap I really don't give a crap about.

  19. #59
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -109
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    6,990
    Name:  21B3454B-EEB8-4BED-BB2C-411D6C08CD74.jpeg
Views: 78
Size:  87.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  20. #60
    Platinum mulva's Avatar
    Reputation
    340
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,877
    Blog Entries
    4
    i think peeps cant help to be violent and angry because of of current state of things. the media does nothing but encourages it as well.


    if i was in a big money death pool i would pick a politician. we haven't had any assassination attempts in a long time. trump is untouchable, but i would worry about one of the 30 some odd democratic candidates. they seem ripe considering all the lunatics walking around
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cant we at least all agree on one thing??
    By Baron Von Strucker in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-15-2019, 02:28 AM
  2. TMobile and Sprint agree to merger
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-30-2018, 03:23 PM
  3. sox/porcello agree to 4yr 80mil extension..lulz
    By mulva in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 06:07 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 02:20 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •