Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Rio finally broke their 11-day streak of no FAIL

  1. #1
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7113
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44,575
    Blog Entries
    2

    Rio finally broke their 11-day streak of no FAIL

    This was actually a good stay by Rio standards. Aside from something being set up wrong and my key dying on June 6 (which honestly, I don't even count as fail), and aside from the AC and safe issues at checkin (which got rectified quickly), the stay has been smooth and uneventful.

    I even tipped the maid one day when she entered my room without my wanting her to be here, because it wasn't her fault. Someone stole my "Room Occupied" sign, and she came in when I wasn't here, but did a good job so I gave her some money. (I came in just as she was done cleaning.)

    However, today the no-fail streak ended.

    After busting the Millionaire Maker so quickly, I felt a little demoralized and decided to take a nap. Just as I'm falling asleep, I hear someone furiously trying to enter my room with a key. The only reason they can't is because the door is latched.

    Turned out it was the maid (a different one from the other day).



    "You check out today, I come in", she said.

    "I'm not checking out. Not for 4 more days," I told her.

    "You check out 11am. I need come in and clean."

    Shit. So I got dressed and opened the door, and it took several minutes to get across to her that I wasn't scheduled to check out today.

    I then realized that they had to do their faggoty once-every-two-days room check, which is now mandatory thanks to one Stephen Paddock. The last one was on Thursday.

    I walked down the hallway and found a "Housekeeping Supervisor", and first asked why the confusion regarding the checkout. She looked it up and said that the room next door was checking out, and that the maid attempting to barge into my room screwed up.

    Lovely.

    Anyway I dropped that matter and asked for them to at least do the room check now so they wouldn't interrupt my nap a second time.

    She agreed, and came in to do the room check with one of her maids.

    She then radioed to someone that she completed the room check, and that one wouldn't be necessary until Monday.

    I had a feeling that fail was going to occur anyway, but she assured me it wouldn't happen.

    Then I couldn't fall asleep for awhile so I said screw the nap. However I decided at about 5pm to take one for a few hours, and set my alarm for 8pm. Well, at 7pm, I hear banging on my door.

    "Safety check!"

    Of course.

    So I refused to let the person in. I got in a standoff and told them I absolutely wasn't opening the door, and that they already did this at noon. She said she had no record. I said to call down and check. She refused and kept saying, "It will be quick, just let me in", and I said no. I said she could stand in front of my door and call whomever she needs to call to verify it was already done. She kept pressuring me to open the door anyway. I still said no.

    Finally she walked away and said she'd look into it.

    I called guest services, who looked into it and said that it appeared I was correct and they'd be informing housekeeping not to check my room again until Monday, but they couldn't reach them. So they sent housekeeping a message.

    Of course housekeeping misinterpreted the message and called me with a lecture about why I need my room checked every 2 days.

    She looked it up and said, "Oh I see that. You're right. Room was checked today. Sorry there was some miscommunication."


    The annoying thing here is that none of this shit is necessary in the first place.

    It's the illusion of safety.

    Anyone who wants to sneak a shitload of weapons into their Rio room can easily do so within a 2 day period. Hell, I could easily sneak 10 suitcases in here in 5 hours and nobody would notice -- let alone 2 days. Nobody is watching and nobody gives a shit. So checking the room once every 2 days isn't going to uncover the next Stephen Paddock.

    But if you're going to do it, at least get the scheduling right.



     
    Comments
      
      badguy23: I didnt read what u wrote but if that was your maid and u didnt fck her u get 2 thumbs down
      
      MumblesBadly: To badguy23: Druff likes Northern European-type blondes, not dark-haired Latinas.

  2. #2
    Platinum duped_samaritan's Avatar
    Reputation
    689
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    So I got dressed
    I would've skipped this part.

  3. #3
    Wow u stealing tydes "insert random pic to add to the story" posting style or is it just me, UNBAN TYDE

  4. #4
    The Rio Hotel in Las Vegas is SHIT.

    Easy fix, check out of that shit hotel and check into the Bellagio.



  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    The Rio Hotel in Las Vegas is SHIT.

    Easy fix, check out of that shit hotel and check into the Bellagio.


    LOL that shit looks like a Prison?

    Def not a Residential Neighborhood.

    Free Mrs. Jenny!!

  6. #6
    RIO .. stayed there like a month last year. Always knew some degen with comped rooms. Hated the place, but I also forgot my DL at home and only had a state id so I couldn't rent a car. That made it worse. When I finally moved on the strip, it was much better, but the game lines were too long at the bellagio.

    At one point, they had this thing for 5.99. It was a special deal where you could get like a sack of food from the all american grill. I saw that and was like.. awesome. That shit lasted like 1 week before their raised hte price to 6.99.. haha.. in the middle of the series they printed up new signs.

    At one point, I accepted a 1k chip at a cash game. Then I go to cash it out, and caged woman tells me I can't cash it out. I have to know who gave it to me. I was like, this was at a cash table. I don't know, I don't even know what table. She's like sorry, we can;t' cash your chip. I'm not going to go into why I already hated the RIO because it might identify me, but I had 0 faith. SO we took it to BJ pit, assuming this woman knew what she was talking about and played it into blacks. Later I tell the floor how that isn't acceptable, and how their dealers need to be aware of this. He then acts like I was overreacting and all we had to do it grab him. I'm like, I'm not the one who was told you don't honor your 1k chips. Lesson learned. Never make change for a 1k chip at the Rio. Not worth any possible hassle.

    The problem with the food. It is overpriced and not good. So you feel double fucked. If it was overpriced and good,well then at least that makes sense. But the food is just overpriced and shit (the all american place us -ok) . I ended up living off deli sandwiches. I feel abused paying $20 for a burger from guy fieri.. and it is like.. I dunno how to desribe it, but noit $20 anywhere I usually go. Not that one can't easily make a $20 burger, but that sure as fuck wasn't it.

    The best was the fucking smell of sewer that overcame the casino floor one night. Holy shit. Like you were sitting at the bar then it started just reaking of sewer. At some point I leave the Rio to walk towards Gold COast/dispensary. They had a big truck out front pumping shit out of some underground tank and boy was it rank. I actually ran a bit to get away from that fucking sewer smell. I don't think the smell made it down to the convention rooms, but it was all throughout that casino floor. Pure smell of sewer.

    No chip runners sucks. You can't buy chips from others iwthout getting kicked out for a day. So anytime someone wants to play they have to wait for 5 minutes at a cage. FLoor sees any sort of cash-chip transaction, you get banned for the day. (THey're nice guys though, its just their job)

    I wanted to write up a whole TR on how deprived the RIO is... with a bit more flair, but couldn't quite bring the motivation.

    Thats the other problem, you start to hate the Rio so much it becomes hard not to reflect that attitude upon all the poor hourly employees.

     
    Comments
      
      TheXFactor: The RIO is a SEWER.

  7. #7
    METH MUCH??

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    METH MUCH??
    No, just because someone talks in complete sentences usually doesn't mean they're into meth or ever do meth.

    Unlike many of my tractor driving friends.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    METH MUCH??
    No, just because someone talks in complete sentences usually doesn't mean they're into meth or ever do meth.

    Unlike many of my tractor driving friends.

    My brow is so furrowed trying to figure this out like it's any sort of retort, u should kill urself i guess

  10. #10
    Ya ur on meth, u were definitely not using complete sentences, just glanced over it again unfortunately

  11. #11
    Platinum splitthis's Avatar
    Reputation
    632
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At the Metroparks
    Posts
    3,555
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Wow u stealing tydes "insert random pic to add to the story" posting style or is it just me, UNBAN TYDE
    Yes! Please? We miss our Prodigal Son.

     
    Comments
      
      Prodigal son: I’m here baby
    People that sit in their recliner all day think walking is a disease.

  12. #12
    Never, I mean NEVER, wake an old man during his nap.

  13. #13
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    2299
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,043
    The place is a dump.

    It has two things going for it

    1) hash house a go-go
    2) the WSOP

    Everything else is a dumpster fire

  14. #14
    Rio? Please.

    Come back to me when you have stayed at the Manor rooms @ Circus Circus and have to pass by the trashy behemoths in the casino/hallway.

    If someone mentions their steakhouse, I hope you shit yourself in an elevator full of coworkers.

    However, I have never had Todd's problems with AC and safe so meh

  15. #15
    What a shithole the Rio is. Also, fuck Stephen Poddock. He's ruined hotel protocol like the asshole shoe bomber made us take off our shoes at the airport.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

    "Donk down, thatís what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

  16. #16
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7113
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44,575
    Blog Entries
    2
    Brief Rio trip report:

    - Stayed from 5/29 to 6/10

    - Wasn't sorry to leave

    - The pounding on the door every 2 days for the mandatory room check is super tilting, especially when sleeping or having sex. (Fortunately or unfortunately, being in the room myself, the latter wasn't an issue.)

    - A nice listener of PFA Radio got 6 of those days comped for me. The rest I had to pay for using my RCs.

    - There was an annoying screwup on June 8, as explained in the OP

    - Upon checkout, they again fucked up and charged tax in my stay (which they do EVERY TIME, which is against Clark County law, no matter how many times I beg them to note my account to not do this), and again I had to fight it out at the front desk. (The reason I shouldn't have to pay tax is explained here.)

    - Food pretty much sucks balls everywhere, except Hash House a Go Go, as Daly noted. However, Hash House closes at like 2pm, so that's rarely an option.

    - Finished in top 2% of the field in the Big Fofty, but just did dreadfully bad in every other WSOP event I played. I'm hoping for better when I return on 6/24.

    - King's Lounge high limit cash poker section is nicely laid out, but the rake sucks ($12 per 30 min), and there's all kinds of annoying fail there, especially buying in and cashing out.

  17. #17
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7113
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44,575
    Blog Entries
    2
    Also having a Diamond card is pretty important if you're gonna be there awhile, because registration lines have gotten super brutal this year.

    Also, Diamond gets you out of resort fees and gets you to the front of the line for both Rio cash games and dinner, both of which are also fairly nice benefits.

  18. #18
    ď- The pounding on the door every 2 days for the mandatory room check is super tilting, especially when sleeping or having sex. (Fortunately or unfortunately, being in the room myself, the latter wasn't an issue.)Ē

    Yeah but itís also annoying when they pound on the door when youíre pounding one out though amirite?


  19. #19
    Keep playing as many of the huge fish fields that you can, anyone that can spell poker has a chance to make a deep run with enough volume.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2019, 07:12 PM
  2. Losing Streak Lois
    By rollinx420 in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2018, 02:26 PM
  3. The GOP just broke up with NBC
    By sonatine in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2015, 05:12 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 09:54 AM
  5. Is the Miami HEAT streak the greatest ever, 21 in a row?
    By The_PHA in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 07:00 PM