Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup.....don't get shut out

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    It's been a hecka of a tourney so far. Unfortunately Canada was beaten by Sweden 1-0 which included a missed penalty kick in the second half. Our coach sent a relative rookie to the line when Christine Sinclair was on the pitch with the second mosts goals of any woman. It's the Mark Crawford move. He didn't include Gretzky in an Olympic shoot out which we lost.Anywho Sweden went on to defeat ze much favoured Germans so I was glad to see that.And the U.S. had a tough time with France winning 2-1 but it was close.Now it's England's chance to shut the yanks down on Tuesday.My money is on the Netherlands
    Stop perpetuating a story you must know is false. Sinclair has already came out & said the Swedish goalkeeper stopped her in a penalty shootout earlier this year & she wasn't "feeling it" & deferred to the next girl to take the shot.
    I haven't heard one word about it. Doesn't surprise me that Sinclair would say something like that being as classy as she is.You've got a real hard on for me don't ya or you have something going with the women's team.But you tell me how that wasn't a similar situation to Marc Crawford in Japan. ga ahead

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Stop perpetuating a story you must know is false. Sinclair has already came out & said the Swedish goalkeeper stopped her in a penalty shootout earlier this year & she wasn't "feeling it" & deferred to the next girl to take the shot.
    I haven't heard one word about it. Doesn't surprise me that Sinclair would say something like that being as classy as she is.You've got a real hard on for me don't ya or you have something going with the women's team.But you tell me how that wasn't a similar situation to Marc Crawford in Japan. ga ahead
    Just googled “Canada coach criticized and got not one hit so tell me what story I'm perpetuating?

Load Metric
    Just googled “Canada coach criticized and got not one hit so tell me what story I'm perpetuating?
    I thought you were actually following the team which is why I said "must know" but I guess not if you didn't hear "one word about it". I actually watched the game & it was all the talking heads on TSN could talk about after the game until it was revealed Sinclair was supposed to take the shot & deferred for the reason already stated.

Not sure how you think Crawford not selecting Gretzky as 1 of his 5 to take a shootout attempt & Sinclair being selected & then deferring to a teammate are similar from a controversy perspective. The coach didn't send "a relative rookie to the line" Christine Sinclair sent her to the line & that's a pretty big difference.

You obviously don't know what perpetuating means. The story was reported exactly the way you described it, it was debunked by the team as false & you're now repeating it as some kind of fact when it's been debunked as false. This is basically the exact definition of the word.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I thought you were actually following the team which is why I said "must know" but I guess not if you didn't hear "one word about it". I actually watched the game & it was all the talking heads on TSN could talk about after the game until it was revealed Sinclair was supposed to take the shot & deferred for the reason already stated.

Not sure how you think Crawford not selecting Gretzky as 1 of his 5 to take a shootout attempt & Sinclair being selected & then deferring to a teammate are similar from a controversy perspective. The coach didn't send "a relative rookie to the line" Christine Sinclair sent her to the line & that's a pretty big difference.

You obviously don't know what perpetuating means. The story was reported exactly the way you described it, it was debunked by the team as false & you're now repeating it as some kind of fact when it's been debunked as false. This is basically the exact definition of the word.
    Look bud, I've been sick for the last week. I just watched the game yesterday on TSN direct. Haven't seen any panel discussion on it at all. So if I didn't see such a discussion then I'm not perpetuating anything. I was very disappointed with the loss and it just occurred to me what a coaching gaff that was. And how similar it was to the Gretzky call which no one could farhom

You're telling me a player made that call? If so that coach should resign and if it was his call he should be fired. You've got the equivalent if Lionel Messi on the pitch and you allow any one else to take that shot? Horrible decision
    You're a sad little apologist.

Load Metric
    Look bud, I've been sick for the last week. I just watched the game yesterday on TSN direct. Haven't seen any panel discussion on it at all. So if I didn't see such a discussion then I'm not perpetuating anything. I was very disappointed with the loss and it just occurred to me what a coaching gaff that was. And how similar it was to the Gretzky call which no one could farhom

You're telling me a player made that call? If so that coach should resign and if it was his call he should be fired. You've got the equivalent if Lionel Messi on the pitch and you allow any one else to take that shot? Horrible decision
    https://www.tsn.ca/fifa-women-s-worl...arless~1713704
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

https://www.tsn.ca/fifa-women-s-worl...arless~1713704

I looked at your link. If players are given the task of picking the shooter in a penalty kick, especially one of such significance, they should just save the money and go without a coach.
    These players are close and it would be difficult for anyone of them to say I'm taking this or no, no you should take this.
    This is the role of management.

Btw, I again did a google on Canada penalty kicks, the coaches name etc. and there is nothing. So considering I did not watch any TSN panel show I can safely say my bringing the topic up is not perpetuating the story.

And for you to not recognize the relationship to this story and the Marc Crawford debacle is a laugh coming from a "Hockey Guy"
    Name:  bk.png
Views: 299
Size:  263.8 KB

Load Metric
    I looked at your link. If players are given the task of picking the shooter in a penalty kick, especially one of such significance, they should just save the money and go without a coach.
    These players are close and it would be difficult for anyone of them to say I'm taking this or no, no you should take this.

This gonna shock you but, I 100% agree.

Btw, I again did a google on Canada penalty kicks, the coaches name etc. and there is nothing. So considering I did not watch any TSN panel show I can safely say my bringing the topic up is not perpetuating the story.

Look up the definition of perpetuate. You can unknowingly perpetuate something. Not sure why you're so hung up on this since it's the literal definition of the word.

And for you to not recognize the relationship to this story and the Marc Crawford debacle is a laugh coming from a "Hockey Guy"
    You asked me how it wasn't similar & showed you some huuuuuuuuuuuge, huuuuuuuuuuuuuge differences. You even said "ga ahead" so I did.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This gonna shock you but, I 100% agree.

Look up the definition of perpetuate. You can unknowingly perpetuate something. Not sure why you're so hung up on this since it's the literal definition of the word.

You asked me how it wasn't similar & showed you some huuuuuuuuuuuge, huuuuuuuuuuuuuge differences. You even said "ga ahead" so I did.
    "Stop perpetuating a story you must know is false". Your words. Incorrect. I said I had heard zero commentary about the subject as it was days after the fact that I saw the game and purposely stayed away from anything soccer to not spoil my viewing.

Perpetuate -make (something, typically an undesirable situation or an unfounded belief) continue indefinitely:
    You said it. I was perpetuating something I knew was false.

And finally the Gretzky comparison. Are you trying to pick apart the fact that there were five shooters in Nagano vs one in France. Because we lost by one goal in the Nagano shoot out with the most prolific goal scorer in hockey and we lost by one goal in France with the second most prolific goal scorer(by two goals) in women's soccer.
    One was a shootout scenario, the other a penalty kick but the importance of scoring was equal.

Believe what you want about the statements from the women's team the fact is management blew it on both occasions.
    Happy Canada Day

Load Metric
    JFC this place.

Comments

Belly Buster: Arguing with les is -EV.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Unbelievable. Another weak pk another poor choice. Still got de Dutch

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Extra time between Sweden and The Netherlands. A post for Sweden and a cross bar for the Dutch.

I'd actually like to see this one go to penalty kicks, just for the drama

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I watched the U.S./England game yesterday and saw Alex Morgan score the winning goal
    and her little celebration shortly thereafter. But it was over quick and I didn't get it.

this was it
    Name:  bitch.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  161.0 KB

She's mocking the British with a tea sipping pose.
    This broad is the captain of her team and she should be wearing a C on her
    jersey cause she acts and looks like a first class cunt.

Netherlands, who won today, are going to shut the American pie holes as I will forever call them this Sunday
    These three are the ones who are going to do it
    Name:  Miedema.png
Views: 212
Size:  258.2 KB
    Name:  Martens.jpeg
Views: 218
Size:  6.4 KB
    Name:  van de Sanden.png
Views: 182
Size:  161.5 KB

Miedema, Martens and van de Sanden

Comments

MumblesBadly: “Tea time!”
    Last edited by limitles; 07-03-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Load Metric
    I watched the U.S./England game yesterday and saw Alex Morgan score the winning goal and her little
    celebration shortly thereafter. But it was over quick and I didn't get it.

this was it
    Name:  bitch.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  161.0 KB

She's mocking the British with a tea sipping pose.
    This broad is the captain of her team and she should be wearing a C on her
    jersey cause she acts and looks like a first class cunt.

British Twitter offers its verdict on US goal celebration...

http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    That is low fucking class.

Load Metric
    🇺🇸2-0🇳🇱

Thread Information