Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 118

Thread: Steven Crowder versus Vox/Carlos Maza

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post


    so because youtube are good at their job, they have to host hate-speech?
    kinda.

    the problem is they consider things like misgendering people hate speech. and Crowder is essentially a low tier comedian, so imagine something great like Chappelle's racial draft or reparations sketch being banned for being wacist, or Bill Burr routines being banned for being misogynistic, or WKUK's Hitler Rap being banned because some people pretend to care in 2019 that the holocaust happened?

    I'm not saying that our government should step in and force these companies to do X. I'm saying these companies, these websites, are going down a shitty path, and as a consumer I disagree with it, and that's all I have the power to do because there is no alternative available. I don't think you actually agree with Youtube's direction here, I think you just think Crowder sucks
    http://pokerfraudalert2.freeforums.net
    1 Peter 5:8 — "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post


    so because youtube are good at their job, they have to host hate-speech?
    kinda.

    the problem is they consider things like misgendering people hate speech.
    this really crystallizes the issue.

    youtube is right (imo) to not want hate speech affiliated with their company. but this is a slippery... slippery slope.

    i get youtube not wanting gay people referred to as "lispy queers" on their website. but what happens when trans activists complain about being "misgendered" as zap noted. this just goes on and on and on

    when you consider that youtube is a monopoly, we're in a situation where we have a handful of people (youtube's board of directors) having much to much influence on what people think is socially acceptable or not. they'll just shut down alternative viewpoints.

    of course, i have zero solution to this and think youtube is in an unwinnable position.

    gimmick might be right that these tech companies need to be broken up

  3. #43
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5203
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post


    so because youtube are good at their job, they have to host hate-speech?
    kinda.

    the problem is they consider things like misgendering people hate speech. and Crowder is essentially a low tier comedian, so imagine something great like Chappelle's racial draft or reparations sketch being banned for being wacist, or Bill Burr routines being banned for being misogynistic, or WKUK's Hitler Rap being banned because some people pretend to care in 2019 that the holocaust happened?

    I'm not saying that our government should step in and force these companies to do X. I'm saying these companies, these websites, are going down a shitty path, and as a consumer I disagree with it, and that's all I have the power to do because there is no alternative available. I don't think you actually agree with Youtube's direction here, I think you just think Crowder sucks

    it seems like they just want people treated with respect, ultimately. and that doesnt seem like a lot to ask from people you not only let party on your servers for free, but make some of them rich for doing so.

    and lets keep it 100; who the fuck cares if every fag bashing conservative trumptard gets thrown off the site?

    even the ACLU seems to recognize that being a toxic cunt stops being a right the second you do it on someone elses property/dime. youtube is a privately owned company, its not a government utility. no one has the right to post material there. youtube allows us to party with them.

    and if you fuck around and get slick, they show you the door.

    even libertarians respect this.

     
    Comments
      
      sah_24: just remember this stance when a fag wants a cake ...
      
      MumblesBadly: :this
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  4. #44
    sure, right now they just wanna protect people's feelings, but by letting them control what the internet talks about we are giving up our brand new collective consciousness to a small group of elites to control.
    http://pokerfraudalert2.freeforums.net
    1 Peter 5:8 — "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

  5. #45
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5203
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,682
    dirty job but etc etc

     
    Comments
      
      sah_24: lols what a retard
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  6. #46
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -118
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    bruh house rules.


    period.


    the house determines whats good for the game, and you know this.


    hiding behind the first amendment but tarting it up by tossing in words like ideology doesnt work. if seat 9 starts lecturing you on how the holocaust never happened while you're tanking, he's getting 86'd all day.

    youtube has a brand to protect, it has investors, it answers to people.

    if you fuck with its bottom line, you're 86'd. trotting out words like 'ideological censorship' is intellectually bankrupt. calling a gay man a lisping queen isnt acceptable, society has spoken. you want to hear more of crowders schtick?

    cool, get him on your show.
    Don’t you love it when a conservative screams “Monopolistic abuse!” when it affects what *they* care about but turn a blind eye to it when otherwise? (Cough! Cough! Net neutrality! Cough! Cough!)

    Also, to Druff’s claim that YouTube essentially has a monopoly on the internet as a video platform: Last I heard, YouTube banning porn hasn’t prevent porn vids from being readily available to watch on the internet.

     
    Comments
      
      sah_24: lol net neutrality ... god you are one the stupidest humans to ever walk the earth <3
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 06-03-2019 at 06:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  7. #47
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,176
    Blog Entries
    2
    Well, this story is going more and more mainstream, and has introduced the world to Carlos Maza and Steven Crowder, who otherwise weren't that well known beyond their respective (large) followings.

    This has become kind of equivalent to a landmark case in the present world of social media.

    YouTube had a dilemma on their hands. Ideologically, they hate Crowder and others like him, and would love to throw down the banhammer.

    However, from a business standpoint, banning Crowder would not only cost them immediate short term money, but would also set a precedent that they'd be expected to delete offensive channels when people get butthurt, which would cost them a ton long term.

    Also, deleting Crowder's channel would also cause a big backlash from conservatives, who would justifiably cry censorship.

    After considering it for a few days, YouTube sided with Crowder yesterday:


     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: LOL that Fouler with Crowder got demonetized! Serves the asshole right!

  8. #48
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,176
    Blog Entries
    2
    In the meantime, it's been found that Maza publicly tweeted his support for "milkshaking" conservative politicians and protesters in public.

    In case you're not familiar, milkshaking is the act of throwing a cold milkshake all over someone speaking whom you disagree with politically.

    Anyone publicly encouraging crap like this should not be crying foul when someone is calling him names on the internet. He said, "Milkshake them all, make them dread public organizing" on May 21, in this tweet:


     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: On this point, I agree with you. While only a low form of violence, milkshaking *is* assault/battery.

  9. #49
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,176
    Blog Entries
    2
    In the meantime, YouTube put out the following statement, stating new guidelines regarding being able to be monetized:

    https://youtube-creators.googleblog....r-youtube.html


    Also, after Maza was predictably angry about what he perceived to be a light punishment, YouTube responded by saying Crowder could actually become monetized again if he simply removes references to his "Socialism is for F*gs" t-shirts that he's been selling:


  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    I have a feeling nobody is going to be happy with this decision.
    This is so wrong. Crowder is going to make a SHIT ton of money from this. It's now the #2 thing trending on Twitter. He's not only going to gain more subs but also reach an audience that potentially didn't know he existed or was just on the fringe. It's also impacting tons of small content creators. This is exactly(more or less) what he wanted.

    Also, while the vox guy may kill himself, when the dust settles he went from a semi obscure guy to now the face of the LGBTQ fight. His Twitter followers has increasinged by like 30-40k since the whole thing began.

    So basically, crowder has his hill to die on and vox dude has his new agenda.
    "I GOT NO TOE"

    #FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

  11. #51
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,176
    Blog Entries
    2
    Also, Owen Benjamin is hammering Crowder every day from a different direction, slowly getting angrier and revealing more about the four employees of the show who vanished in August 2018.

    He kept reiterating that Sven Computer got fired for asking for money he was owed, and that Not Gay Jared got fired "despite having a baby on the way and no job".

    Owen went on to further reveal that Jared attempted to get a follow-up job at BlazeTV, and Crowder had it shut down because Jared had a "no-compete for X months" clause in his contract, even if he went to the same network Crowder is on. This pissed off Owen to hear about, so he revealed that in order to make Crowder look like a dick. However, Owen revealed too much in attempt to make Jared appear sympathetic, and stated, "This guy shits in a colostomy bag... he has major intestinal problems... and Crowder fucking won't let him work in comedy."

    While some diehard Crowder supporters counter that Owen is an unstable weirdo, he did get some degree of validation by Sven tweeting a text "bear" to Owen Benjamin (Owen's nickname is "Big Bear"), and Jared then liking that tweet. Since both Sven and Jared have NDAs, that was seen as a legal way they could validate Owen's rants.

    Bad week for Crowder.

  12. #52
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,176
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    I have a feeling nobody is going to be happy with this decision.
    This is so wrong. Crowder is going to make a SHIT ton of money from this. It's now the #2 thing trending on Twitter. He's not only going to gain more subs but also reach an audience that potentially didn't know he existed or was just on the fringe. It's also impacting tons of small content creators. This is exactly(more or less) what he wanted.

    Also, while the vox guy may kill himself, when the dust settles he went from a semi obscure guy to now the face of the LGBTQ fight. His Twitter followers has increasinged by like 30-40k since the whole thing began.

    So basically, crowder has his hill to die on and vox dude has his new agenda.
    Yes, I thought about this, but the problem is that the public's memory is short.

    As soon as this whole thing dies down, Crowder won't have YouTube revenue anymore, and I'm not sure if the new premium subscribers he'll gain from this will make up for it in the long run.

    And as far as Maza, yes he's in the spotlight now, but he's got a pretty one-dimensional act here, whining about Crowder. When that is over, I'm not sure if anyone is going to really care much about him anymore, beyond his fail Vox videos.

    Now, if Crowder can get re-monetized, then he will have gained overall.

  13. #53
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,176
    Blog Entries
    2
    In the meantime, Crowder is giving $30 off his yearly subscriptions today and tomorrow, making it $69.

    Considering firing on it, especially because Crowder's show was the first thing which seemed to cause a crack in my major depressive disorder in September. Was probably getting better on its own and not anything about Crowder's show, but I'll always remember laughing for the first time in more than a month, and noticing that my ability to feel a positive emotion was coming back.

    Regarding the events of this week, half of me wants to support him because of this bullshit Maza is doing, but half of me doesn't want to support him because he probably did somewhat fuck over Sven and Jared, both of whom seemed very loyal to him.

  14. #54
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5203
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,682
    Lets keep it 100; neither Maza nor Crowder have anything interesting to say ultimately so neither of them deserve a fuckin penny for saying it.

     
    Comments
      
      sah_24: So kinda like you ...
      
      gimmick:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  15. #55
    Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Reputation
    415
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,180
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Lets keep it 100; neither Maza nor Crowder have anything interesting to say ultimately so neither of them deserve a fuckin penny for saying it.
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 181
Size:  617.9 KB

     
    Comments
      
      sonatine: god i love that movie

  16. #56
    Silver sah_24's Avatar
    Reputation
    -71
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Laclede
    Posts
    870
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    In the meantime, it's been found that Maza publicly tweeted his support for "milkshaking" conservative politicians and protesters in public.

    In case you're not familiar, milkshaking is the act of throwing a cold milkshake all over someone speaking whom you disagree with politically.

    Anyone publicly encouraging crap like this should not be crying foul when someone is calling him names on the internet. He said, "Milkshake them all, make them dread public organizing" on May 21, in this tweet:

    Libtards are the biggest hypocrites walking the face of the earth, this is nothing new ...

  17. #57
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -118
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also, Owen Benjamin is hammering Crowder every day from a different direction, slowly getting angrier and revealing more about the four employees of the show who vanished in August 2018.

    He kept reiterating that Sven Computer got fired for asking for money he was owed, and that Not Gay Jared got fired "despite having a baby on the way and no job".

    Owen went on to further reveal that Jared attempted to get a follow-up job at BlazeTV, and Crowder had it shut down because Jared had a "no-compete for X months" clause in his contract, even if he went to the same network Crowder is on. This pissed off Owen to hear about, so he revealed that in order to make Crowder look like a dick. However, Owen revealed too much in attempt to make Jared appear sympathetic, and stated, "This guy shits in a colostomy bag... he has major intestinal problems... and Crowder fucking won't let him work in comedy."

    While some diehard Crowder supporters counter that Owen is an unstable weirdo, he did get some degree of validation by Sven tweeting a text "bear" to Owen Benjamin (Owen's nickname is "Big Bear"), and Jared then liking that tweet. Since both Sven and Jared have NDAs, that was seen as a legal way they could validate Owen's rants.

    Bad week for Crowder.
    Not sure that a non-compete clause could keep Jared from working in the same industry. Unless Jared would be using trade secrets of Crowder’s show, — and that doesn’t apply to generic job skills developed while working for an employer — the non-compete clause would likely not be enforced by the courts.
    https://careertrend.com/is-a-non-com...-13658490.html
    https://work.chron.com/can-noncompet...you-27599.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  18. #58

  19. #59
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,176
    Blog Entries
    2

  20. #60
    100,000 subscribers in 2015.
    1,000,000 in 2017.
    4,000,000 now from what was said

    Yeah, he’ll make a killing off this. I’m guessing his exponential growth in last few years is certainly partially attributable to threads like this over the past two years by his supporters. In response to those criticizing that he only got demonetized, YouTube spelled out how he’ll get monetized again. This is all Kabuki Theater where he’ll be telling his 6 million followers in three months where to go to get their socialism is for fags T-shirt’s on his once again monetized site instead of linking it, to a much larger audience. The other dude will be crying to his much larger audience. Memories are short, but once a few million click that subscribe button, tens of thousands of the few million will turn into a new cash flow. Any business would die for that projected growth. Everyone will make money as by design.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *** OFFICIAL *** Steven Crowder Confronts Thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2018, 03:43 AM
  2. Large social media outlets targeting Steven Crowder
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 03-20-2018, 07:01 PM
  3. ***Official*** 'Steven Crowder is a right-wing hack' thread
    By MumblesBadly in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-14-2018, 07:29 AM
  4. Steven Crowder vs. Joe Rogan regarding pot
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-18-2017, 10:32 AM
  5. Carlos Condit vs. GSP UFC 154 Who do you like?
    By SixToedPete in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 02:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •