Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Steven Crowder versus Vox/Carlos Maza

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Not sure what point you're making.

I wouldn't want to continue watching Crowder if he referred to a Jewish person as a "kike", but I wouldn't try to get him deplatformed for it.
    Druff, Maza didn’t make a stink merely because Crowder was being a vocal bigot, but because his specific incessant targeted of Maza in that manner galvanized legions of his idiotic fans to harass *and* dox him. Me thinks you’d be furious and demanding that YouTube to take action against a YouTube with huge following repeatedly targeted you that way to the point where you were getting barraged by harassing text messages *and* doxed by legions of that YouTuber’s bigoted fans.
    The harassment and doxxing seems very exaggerated. Read the OP.

You have to focus upon what he DOESN'T say or allege, rather than what he's claiming. He does not detail any "harassment" beyond mean messages on the internet. He does not detail any "doxxing" beyond one person sending him the same text from multiple throwaway phone numbers, though he tries to show those texts as proof of all the harassment he's received.

So what has happened to him? A few trolls have sent him mean messages, and he's gotten texts saying "Debate Crowder" from one person?

Big deal.

I get worse "harassment" than that from trolls who listen to my show and read this forum, and I have a small fraction of the audience Maza has.

Maza is being a baby here. He is intentionally controversial and provocative to a large audience, and then wants to blame others for a few trolls bothering him. That comes with the territory. Crowder is correct in that he never encouraged trolls to bother him -- either directly or indirectly.

It also seems that any "harassment" he's received from Crowder fans was simply because Crowder was debunking his videos, and not because of the "lispy queer" insults. Notice that the person texting Maza wasn't saying anything insulting or homophobic, but rather just "Debate Crowder". And even the trolls messaging Maza online with homophobic things (which we were conveniently not shown) would have probably done so anyway, since it's not exactly a secret that he's a flamboyant gay guy. They didn't need Crowder to point that out to them.

Load Metric

Druff, Maza didn’t make a stink merely because Crowder was being a vocal bigot, but because his specific incessant targeted of Maza in that manner galvanized legions of his idiotic fans to harass *and* dox him. Me thinks you’d be furious and demanding that YouTube to take action against a YouTube with huge following repeatedly targeted you that way to the point where you were getting barraged by harassing text messages *and* doxed by legions of that YouTuber’s bigoted fans.

You have to focus upon what he DOESN'T say or allege, rather than what he's claiming. He does not detail any "harassment" beyond mean messages on the internet. He does not detail any "doxxing" beyond one person sending him the same text from multiple throwaway phone numbers, though he tries to show those texts as proof of all the harassment he's received.

So what has happened to him? A few trolls have sent him mean messages, and he's gotten texts saying "Debate Crowder" from one person?

Big deal.

I get worse "harassment" than that from trolls who listen to my show and read this forum, and I have a small fraction of the audience Maza has.

Maza is being a baby here. He is intentionally controversial and provocative to a large audience, and then wants to blame others for a few trolls bothering him. That comes with the territory. Crowder is correct in that he never encouraged trolls to bother him -- either directly or indirectly.

It also seems that any "harassment" he's received from Crowder fans was simply because Crowder was debunking his videos, and not because of the "lispy queer" insults. Notice that the person texting Maza wasn't saying anything insulting or homophobic, but rather just "Debate Crowder". And even the trolls messaging Maza online with homophobic things (which we were conveniently not shown) would have probably done so anyway, since it's not exactly a secret that he's a flamboyant gay guy. They didn't need Crowder to point that out to them.
    Are you saying that a hater who you can’t identify has repeatedly harassed you on your *personal* phone number using spoofed phone numbers? And you didn’t try to take action against anyone you suspected was behind such harassment?

Comments

dwai: (last green rep was obv supposed to be red) WHITE GUILT FAGGOT. YOU'RE THE ONE WITH "SELECTIVE OUTRAGE" SHUT IT THE FUCK DOWN, TURN THE REEFER TO MAX LOCK YOURSELF INSIDE TRAILER AND FREEZE TO DEATH PLEASE
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Big deal.

Are you saying that a hater who you can’t identify has repeatedly harassed you on your *personal* phone number using spoofed phone numbers? And you didn’t try to take action against anyone you suspected was behind such harassment?
    What are you talking about?

If Maza wants to take action against those harassing him in real life, I support that, and even Crowder supports that.

But here Maza is blaming CROWDER for these people supposedly harassing him, which is unfair.

Crowder never called for anyone to harass Maza, and Maza himself is quite controversial without any help from Crowder.

Load Metric

If Maza wants to take action against those harassing him in real life, I support that, and even Crowder supports that.

But here Maza is blaming CROWDER for these people supposedly harassing him, which is unfair.

Crowder never called for anyone to harass Maza, and Maza himself is quite controversial without any help from Crowder.
    The trolls harassing Maza are clearly Crowder fans, not some random gay bashers.

And a public figure like Crowder doesn’t have to specifically say that fans should harass a target of his gay bashing for his repeated gay bashing of another public figure to be inflammatory.

As for Maza being “quite controversial without any help from Crowder”, how come I’ve never heard of him before this incident? And can you point to press stories about Maza’s controversial reputation prior and unrelated to this incident?

Comments

dwai: WHITE GUILT FAGGOT. KEEP DRIVING YOUR TRUCK CAUSE YOU FAILED AT TEACHING CAUSE YOU COULDN'T USE GOOGLE.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The trolls harassing Maza are clearly Crowder fans, not some random gay bashers.

And a public figure like Crowder doesn’t have to specifically say that fans should harass a target of his gay bashing for his repeated gay bashing of another public figure to be inflammatory.

As for Maza being “quite controversial without any help from Crowder”, how come I’ve never heard of him before this incident? And can you point to press stories about Maza’s controversial reputation prior and unrelated to this incident?
    Are you not reading this thread?

He has "Tucker Carlson is a white supremacist" in his Twitter bio!

He has called for the "milkshaking" of conservatives in public.

He does a series of videos for Vox bashing conservatives in general.

He worked for "Media Matters" prior to this, which is an organization attempting to pressure sponsors of conservative media to stop doing so. (This is an indirect form of deplatforming, of course.)

Was he world famous? No.

But neither was Crowder.

Just because you hadn't heard of the guy doesn't mean that he wasn't provocative and controversial.

If people were harassing Crowder (even prior to this recent flap), and he were blaming another host for causing it because they made fun of him, I would be equally critical of him.

When you make a living doing a controversial show meant to piss off a certain segment of the population, you can't blame others when this leads to people bothering you. I'm not saying that harassing controversial hosts is right, and I agree that those doing so should be identified and prosecuted, but you can't point the finger at other hosts when you've chosen such a career.

What Crowder did was bring more attention to Maza from conservatives, where otherwise they might not have found him or cared about him.

But that's Crowder's right to do. Maza does a very provocative and controversial public show, and if Crowder wants to make response videos to it, that's his prerogative.

I do not believe that Crowder's "lispy queer" slurs are the reason anyone bothered Maza.

I believe Maza was bothered for two reasons:

1) He makes controversial left-wing videos and statements on social media
    -and-
    2) Crowder did response videos to him, thus bringing his existence to the attention of Crowder's millions of conservative followers

If Crowder had picked some private gay guy out of the crowd and called him names, thus resulting in harassment, this would be a different story. But that's not what happened here.

Load Metric

Are you not reading this thread?

He has "Tucker Carlson is a white supremacist" in his Twitter bio!

He has called for the "milkshaking" of conservatives in public.

He does a series of videos for Vox bashing conservatives in general.

He worked for "Media Matters" prior to this, which is an organization attempting to pressure sponsors of conservative media to stop doing so. (This is an indirect form of deplatforming, of course.)

Was he world famous? No.

But neither was Crowder.

Just because you hadn't heard of the guy doesn't mean that he wasn't provocative and controversial.

If people were harassing Crowder (even prior to this recent flap), and he were blaming another host for causing it because they made fun of him, I would be equally critical of him.

When you make a living doing a controversial show meant to piss off a certain segment of the population, you can't blame others when this leads to people bothering you. I'm not saying that harassing controversial hosts is right, and I agree that those doing so should be identified and prosecuted, but you can't point the finger at other hosts when you've chosen such a career.

What Crowder did was bring more attention to Maza from conservatives, where otherwise they might not have found him or cared about him.

But that's Crowder's right to do. Maza does a very provocative and controversial public show, and if Crowder wants to make response videos to it, that's his prerogative.

I do not believe that Crowder's "lispy queer" slurs are the reason anyone bothered Maza.

I believe Maza was bothered for two reasons:

1) He makes controversial left-wing videos and statements on social media
    -and-
    2) Crowder did response videos to him, thus bringing his existence to the attention of Crowder's millions of conservative followers

If Crowder had picked some private gay guy out of the crowd and called him names, thus resulting in harassment, this would be a different story. But that's not what happened here.
    Druff, you seem to be willfully ignorant about how bullying can work. Let me recap it for you as it applies in this case, within the setting of a schoolyard playground given the childish nature of Crowder’s behavior in this case.

1) Alpha Bully picks someone out to make fun of using slurs in mocking verbalizations to amuse his followers.
    2) Alpha Bully realizes that mocking slurs are a hit with his followers.
    3) Alpha Bully keeps piling on, repeating the mocking slurs to great acclaim by followers.
    4) Target of mocking slurs ignores Alpha Bully, as its not worth his time to respond to the verbal insults.
    5) Alpha Bully challenges target of mocking slurs to prove he’s ‘man enough’ to stand up to criticism from Alpha Bully.
    6) Target of Alpha Bully continues to ignore Alpha Bully’s taunts.
    7) Alpha Bully continues challenging target.
    8) Target of Alpha Bull still ignores innane taunts and challenge by Alpha Bully.
    9) Followers of Alpha Bully, emboldended by repeated taunting by Alpha Bully and non-response by the Target, step in to amplify Alpha Bully’s taunts and challenge.
    10) Target of Alpha Bully, now feeling legitimately threatened by the mob behavior of Alpha Bully’s followers, calls for help from the authorities to have Alpha Bully removed from the playground for inciting his minions to harass him using his incessant verbal bullying.
    11) When the authorities question Alpha Bully about the matter, he laughingly dismisses the matter as “jist joking, man!” and “I’m not responsible for what others in the playground do to the Target!”

And to put a pin on this example, as well as Crowder’s lack of remorse over his behavior as a public figure with a huge devoted following, has he posted a video apologizing to Maza for being such a bigoted dick, AND asking his followers to stop harassing Maza, as well as to *never* do so with anyone he targets with his “comedy”? “Seriously, folks, it was all meant in good fun. Because as a Christian, and follower of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I love everyone as He loved us.”

”Even lispy queer Mexicans like that limped-wristed sashaying Carlos Maza!” [His in-studio entourage cracks up laughing.]

Comments

dwai: FUCK THAT FAGGOT MEXICAN AND FUCK YOUR WHITE ASS TOO. YOU WERE BORN A WHITE MALE? DEAL WITH IT. YOU'RE NOT COOL OR "PROGRESSIVE" BECAUSE YOU STAND FOR ALL THESE STUPID CAUSES FAGGOT ASS. GOOGLE MORE OF SOMEONE ELSE'S OPINIONS TO POST HERE AT PFA

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    He actually traded a percentage of his company (not sure how much) to an attorney ("half Asian lawyer Bill Richmond"), in exchange for as-needed legal work. It was actually smart, as he's needed Richmond to defend various frivolous legal claims against him by angry subjects of his videos (especially his parody material), as well as the various YouTube strikes he keeps getting. YouTube seems to respect communications from lawyers more than they do from non-lawyers, so Richmond has been very effective so far. It also helps that Richmond has a fairly good broadcast presence and enjoys being part of the show, so everyone is benefiting there.
    Where did you see this? I always wondered what kind of arrangement Crowder had with his lawyer. And it does make sense, he has been on his show a lot more lately.

One thing I havent been crazy about with Crowder during this whole episode is that he's trying to make everybody think its NBC vs a "mug salesman". This is simply not the case. While obviously BlazeTV isn't a huge company, Crowder Im sure has a lot more resources than he's letting on from BlazeTV.

Something Ive noticed is that Crowder seems to be completely out of it lately. Infowars hijacked his Change my Mind this week, and Crowder constantly looked really uncomfortable. The Owen Infowars guy asked Crowder about the person that was on his twitter account who worked at Google (which granted, other people Im sure are managing his account) and he didnt know who he was talking about.

I can see him going on another hiatus at the end of the month, leaving a lot of newly subscribed Mug Club members confused as to why there isnt new content every day.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Also, Owen Benjamin is hammering Crowder every day from a different direction, slowly getting angrier and revealing more about the four employees of the show who vanished in August 2018.

He kept reiterating that Sven Computer got fired for asking for money he was owed, and that Not Gay Jared got fired "despite having a baby on the way and no job".

Owen went on to further reveal that Jared attempted to get a follow-up job at BlazeTV, and Crowder had it shut down because Jared had a "no-compete for X months" clause in his contract, even if he went to the same network Crowder is on. This pissed off Owen to hear about, so he revealed that in order to make Crowder look like a dick. However, Owen revealed too much in attempt to make Jared appear sympathetic, and stated, "This guy shits in a colostomy bag... he has major intestinal problems... and Crowder fucking won't let him work in comedy."

While some diehard Crowder supporters counter that Owen is an unstable weirdo, he did get some degree of validation by Sven tweeting a text "bear" to Owen Benjamin (Owen's nickname is "Big Bear"), and Jared then liking that tweet. Since both Sven and Jared have NDAs, that was seen as a legal way they could validate Owen's rants.

Bad week for Crowder.
    I thought he said Jared quit, not fired. IIRC, he said "why would somebody quit with a baby on the way and no other job lined up?". Either way, I hope more information comes out about Crowder supposedly blocking Jared from working with the Blaze. I do remember Jared making a guest appearance on Gavin McInnes's show before he left LwC. Seems crazy that somebody like Jared, who was a really popular figure on a popular podcast, isnt working on another podcast now. If things did go down like Owen said, I think that would be really bad for Crowder's image.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSayre View Post
    He actually traded a percentage of his company (not sure how much) to an attorney ("half Asian lawyer Bill Richmond"), in exchange for as-needed legal work. It was actually smart, as he's needed Richmond to defend various frivolous legal claims against him by angry subjects of his videos (especially his parody material), as well as the various YouTube strikes he keeps getting. YouTube seems to respect communications from lawyers more than they do from non-lawyers, so Richmond has been very effective so far. It also helps that Richmond has a fairly good broadcast presence and enjoys being part of the show, so everyone is benefiting there.
    Where did you see this? I always wondered what kind of arrangement Crowder had with his lawyer. And it does make sense, he has been on his show a lot more lately.

One thing I havent been crazy about with Crowder during this whole episode is that he's trying to make everybody think its NBC vs a "mug salesman". This is simply not the case. While obviously BlazeTV isn't a huge company, Crowder Im sure has a lot more resources than he's letting on from BlazeTV.

Something Ive noticed is that Crowder seems to be completely out of it lately. Infowars hijacked his Change my Mind this week, and Crowder constantly looked really uncomfortable. The Owen Infowars guy asked Crowder about the person that was on his twitter account who worked at Google (which granted, other people Im sure are managing his account) and he didnt know who he was talking about.

I can see him going on another hiatus at the end of the month, leaving a lot of newly subscribed Mug Club members confused as to why there isnt new content every day.
    Don't remember which broadcast, but at some point over the past year (I think maybe when he semi-addressed employees leaving and/or the Owen Benjamin situation), he talked about how he had struck a deal with Bill Richmond to give him a piece of the show in exchange for legal work, but that Richmond was "working for free" for awhile until the show became profitable.

The point was supposed to be that everyone had to sacrifice, and that the Mug Club sales were what got people like Richmond paid.

However, since then, he has implied that Richmond is "expensive" and "on retainer", which I don't believe. I think that Richmond enjoys being on the show and the semi-celebrity that comes with it, and was happy to take the legal-work-for-piece-of-the-pie deal. I even wonder how much non-Crowder-related legal work Richmond is doing these days (if any), because he seems to spend a hell of a lot of time appearing on the program, preparing for it, and doing legal work for the show.

I was also moderately annoyed at Crowder painting himself as a little independent creator in this situation, given that he's one of the bigger stars of BlazeTV at the moment, and he runs the biggest conservative channel (to my knowledge) on YouTube.

It's true that he doesn't have the resources of Vox, but he isn't a "Mug Salesman" either.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, Owen Benjamin is hammering Crowder every day from a different direction, slowly getting angrier and revealing more about the four employees of the show who vanished in August 2018.

He kept reiterating that Sven Computer got fired for asking for money he was owed, and that Not Gay Jared got fired "despite having a baby on the way and no job".

Owen went on to further reveal that Jared attempted to get a follow-up job at BlazeTV, and Crowder had it shut down because Jared had a "no-compete for X months" clause in his contract, even if he went to the same network Crowder is on. This pissed off Owen to hear about, so he revealed that in order to make Crowder look like a dick. However, Owen revealed too much in attempt to make Jared appear sympathetic, and stated, "This guy shits in a colostomy bag... he has major intestinal problems... and Crowder fucking won't let him work in comedy."

While some diehard Crowder supporters counter that Owen is an unstable weirdo, he did get some degree of validation by Sven tweeting a text "bear" to Owen Benjamin (Owen's nickname is "Big Bear"), and Jared then liking that tweet. Since both Sven and Jared have NDAs, that was seen as a legal way they could validate Owen's rants.

Bad week for Crowder.
    I thought he said Jared quit, not fired. IIRC, he said "why would somebody quit with a baby on the way and no other job lined up?". Either way, I hope more information comes out about Crowder supposedly blocking Jared from working with the Blaze. I do remember Jared making a guest appearance on Gavin McInnes's show before he left LwC. Seems crazy that somebody like Jared, who was a really popular figure on a popular podcast, isnt working on another podcast now. If things did go down like Owen said, I think that would be really bad for Crowder's image.
    Yeah I probably remembered it wrong. But I'm assuming the "quitting" was over some kind of perceived broken promise.

My best guess is that Crowder gave some kind of non-specific promise regarding giving various employees a raise once the company was more profitable.

Presumably they got annoyed around August 2018 when all kinds of $ seemed to be coming in, yet they weren't getting that raise. I'm guessing Sven either was unpaid or paid very little so he was most bothered by the situation.

Maybe they approached Crowder about this together, and he shot them down, claiming the money needed to be reinvested to hire new people, or whatever.

So they probably felt that Crowder was bullshitting them and stringing them along so they could continue to work for peanuts. Sven did that little cryptic on-air stunt, which got him instantly canned, while Jared simply gave notice, and they agreed to make it appear that the parting was amicable.

Perhaps since Jared techincally quit, that prevented him from working in comedy for X number of years, according to his contract. Then Crowder (maybe) enforced the contract when he tried to get a job at Blaze, thus causing the really bad blood.

It's gotta be something like that. I'm just theorizing here. Crowder probably didn't actually break any specific agreement, but he also probably didn't keep to the spirit of what was promised to him.

I just recently posted my own story from 1996 when my job did this to me.

One day Owen Benjamin is going to be in an angry mood and he's going to spout off the full details. He's already gotten close a few times.

It's too bad, because the show isn't quite as good since all of those departures. It kind of feels like a TV show where the secondary characters all left, and the main character is trying to reinvent everything with a bunch of new people we don't know.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    However, since then, he has implied that Richmond is "expensive" and "on retainer", which I don't believe. I think that Richmond enjoys being on the show and the semi-celebrity that comes with it, and was happy to take the legal-work-for-piece-of-the-pie deal. I even wonder how much non-Crowder-related legal work Richmond is doing these days (if any), because he seems to spend a hell of a lot of time appearing on the program, preparing for it, and doing legal work for the show.
    Ive wondered about this too... I wonder if he's mostly just playing a character that knows something about law? Here is a video of him doing full on standup

Also he apparently lost a case where the judge told him to settle, but he refused. Seems kinda bad for a lawyer to do, but granted Im not a legal expert, so maybe this is more common https://defiantly.net/prestigious-pe...ce-bankruptcy/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i think his whole point was that when you break down google's agenda to its absolute bare bones, like 2% of that pie graph is left leaning gestures and the rest is pure get that mother fuckin money with a surprisingly big slice of pure science R&D for good measure.
    Speeaking to “the rest” TineGod speaks of here.

Name:  6635314B-F869-42CB-B678-9F7430D11B75.jpeg
Views: 449
Size:  155.0 KB

In the video YouTube demonetized, the author debunks the pseudoscientific claim made in the indicated BBC sciency video report.

Lesson? Independent content providers risk getting swatted away from the advertising revenue fountain when they criticize a “made” media content giant.

Comments

dwai: "I WAS BORN A WHITE MALE SO I'M GUILTY AND I HATE MYSELF BUT I'LL MAKE UP FOR IT BY BEING A TOTAL AND COMPLETE MONG THAT STANDS FOR EVERYTHING A 17YEAR OLD BLACK QUEER FEMINIST WOULD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ive wondered about this too... I wonder if he's mostly just playing a character that knows something about law? Here is a video of him doing full on standup

Also he apparently lost a case where the judge told him to settle, but he refused. Seems kinda bad for a lawyer to do, but granted Im not a legal expert, so maybe this is more common https://defiantly.net/prestigious-pe...ce-bankruptcy/
    Interesting.

Yeah it definitely looks like Richmond is an attorney who secretly wishes he was an entertainer/comedian.

I actually know an attorney in California like this. The guy is a fairly successful contracts attorney, but he spends a lot of time attempting to get bit parts in commercials and B movies. He even lists himself as "attorney and actor" online.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    RIP SrslySirius

Thanks, Carlos Maza.

Load Metric
    RIP SrslySirius

Thanks, Carlos Maza.

At least his channel wasn’t shut down like that of Alex Jones. He just can’t participate in Google Adsense’s auto-advertising gravy train.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like Micon isn't a fan of SJWs either.

This is a little bit surprising, since Micon was very left wing last I saw. However, it seems his obsession with crypto has probably turned him more left-libertarian.

Load Metric
    RIP SrslySirius

Thanks, Carlos Maza.

At least he gets to keep his vids there. YouTube removed a documentary about Gilad Atzmon from its platform this week.

An Award Winning Documentary Removed by Youtube
    https://www.gilad.co.uk/writings/201...ved-by-youtube

In case you’re interested in seeing what YouTube doesn’t like, you can watch it here:
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/bbnoZfIdAHUY/
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 06-22-2019 at 06:58 AM.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    This week's Reply All covered this https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-...zlo/145-louder

Comments

1marley1: Thanks. Hadn’t heard this one. Good stuff.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Remember "victim" Carlos Maza, who has since left Vox to start his own communist YouTube channel?

Well, it turns out that this little communist comes from an incredibly rich family, and Mommy and Daddy are bankrolling his current independent venture.

Limousine liberals, y'all!

Load Metric
    communists are not liberals

read a book

Thread Information