Steven Crowder is a conservative YouTube comedian who I enjoy watching.

Carlos Maza is a flamboyantly gay content creator for Vox, who makes a lot of left-wing videos for the site.

Over the past 2 years, Crowder has done several "debunking" videos featuring commentary on Maza's.

A good example is the one he just did recently:

Note that, while Crowder sometimes insults Maza and makes gay jokes, the majority of the 23 minutes is spent on the actual topic being discussed.

That's what most of these debunking videos are like. However, I won't deny that Crowder has uttered a lot of gay-related insults in Maza's direction, including calling him a "lispy queer".

Maza finally had enough and put forth a series of tweets calling out Crowder for this, including a montage of Crowder insulting him over the years:

Anyway, while it's easy to feel sorry for Maza and see him as the victim, a lot of his logic doesn't hold up if you look at it closely.

First off, Maza isn't a private citizen. He is a public figure who does provocative, controversial political videos for a living. In general, I have a big problem with public figures who make a lot of money riling people up, and then cry foul when people on the internet are mean to them.

Second, what bad thing has happened to Maza, aside from getting insulted in comments sections? It seems that the worst thing was a barrage of 100 text messages from some troll, saying "Debate Crowder". Okay? Doesn't sound like the end of the world to me, nor is Crowder directly responsible for this.

Furthermore, Maza's own Twitter has "Tucker Carlson is a white supremacist" in his bio. So it's cool to write that type of thing about Carlson (who recently got harassed while dining out), yet you cry foul when people on the internet call you a "lispy queer"?

Here's Crowder's response:

YouTube has since confirmed that they are "investigating" Crowder, but will not provide further detail, which has further pissed off Maza.

Make no mistake about it, this is indeed an act of attempted censorship. Maza wants Crowder's channel shut down, to send a message to all conservative content creators that they had better be nice to him, or else lose their livelihood.