Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokerstars fires Daniel Negreanu as site ambassador

Silver
    Load Metric

Pokerstars fires Daniel Negreanu as site ambassador

Looks like Dnegs has separated from Pokerstars. Pokernews just retweeted a video where he announced it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Looks like Dnegs has separated from Pokerstars. Pokernews just retweeted a video where he announced it.
    PokerStars just doesn't want and can't afford to pay these pros and celebrities big money to endorse them anymore.

This just in...Daniel Negreanu to play far less poker in the future.

Will he play the WSOP main event?
    The $50K HORSE?
    Will he even rent a trailer at the WSOP this year?

Daniel will now focus his talents on Choice Center and converting people to become Vegan.

Silver
    Load Metric
    This has got to be close to rock bottom for PS at this point, isn't it? I mean, he was basically the face for that company

Probably going to be sold off at some point to go private again.

Load Metric
    Let's hope so

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If I had to guess Pokerstars probably tried to low ball Negreanu on a new deal like they have with many others and he decided it wasn't enough to stick around.

With him being a married man the family angle could somewhat be true with less traveling but I don't completely buy that as they likely could have worked something out where he wouldn't have to do that if they wanted to so it's probably a shitty deal.

Negreanu has probably signed that non-disclosure agreement for a lot of the internal stuff he knows so I wouldn't expect any secret revealings anytime soon, if ever.

Pokerstars has been hurt very badly by Amaya buying it up ruining things that made it successful as well (of course) with the US DOJ crackdown that brought so much heat where other countries lined up to pull out of the world market to either have country only poker or none at all.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He just flat out isn't worth much to them, most of his following is US libtards who won't be playing on PS anytime soon. Stars is making smart decisions, lol at resigning too funny

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

My take on this:

Often in these situations, what the player does NOT say tells you a lot more than what he does say. We will see in the coming days/weeks if he makes a longer statement (perhaps in written form).

I agree that the most likely scenario is that Stars just didn't feel he was worth enough anymore, given their lack of presence in the US market, and they lowballed him.

The other possibility is that they non-renewed/fired him for a different reason. Believe it or not, the marriage might have had to do with it.

He may have thrown down the gauntlet with them and told them he doesn't want to travel as much anymore, now that he's a married man. Or he may have said he plans to knock up Amanda immediately (in fact he claimed a few months ago that he planned to do this in 2019). and told Stars that he wants to be home more for Amanda's pregnancy, the birth of his child, and spending child with his kid(s).

Stars may have reevaulated their relationship at this point, and combined with their non-US presence and his controversial/erratic behavior on Twitter as of late (it seems like he's constantly fighting with people), they may have decided this wasn't worth continuing.

It's possible that they mutually agreed to abruptly end the sponsorship effective immediately, even if the contract wasn't up yet.

In the above video, notice that Daniel mainly talks about how great it is being married to Amanda, and not much about Stars. What little he does say about the company praises certain individuals he worked with, and NOT Stars itself. That speaks volumes. Clearly he is somewhat unhappy with them. I'm sure there is some kind of non-disparagement agreement to where can't trash them on the way out (likely in his original contract).

Timing is realllllllllly funny here, though. I really do think this does have some kind of connection to the marriage.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

My take on this:

Often in these situations, what the player does NOT say tells you a lot more than what he does say. We will see in the coming days/weeks if he makes a longer statement (perhaps in written form).

I agree that the most likely scenario is that Stars just didn't feel he was worth enough anymore, given their lack of presence in the US market, and they lowballed him.

The other possibility is that they non-renewed/fired him for a different reason. Believe it or not, the marriage might have had to do with it.

He may have thrown down the gauntlet with them and told them he doesn't want to travel as much anymore, now that he's a married man. Or he may have said he plans to knock up Amanda immediately (in fact he claimed a few months ago that he planned to do this in 2019). and told Stars that he wants to be home more for Amanda's pregnancy, the birth of his child, and spending child with his kid(s).

Stars may have reevaulated their relationship at this point, and combined with their non-US presence and his controversial/erratic behavior on Twitter as of late (it seems like he's constantly fighting with people), they may have decided this wasn't worth continuing.

It's possible that they mutually agreed to abruptly end the sponsorship effective immediately, even if the contract wasn't up yet.

In the above video, notice that Daniel mainly talks about how great it is being married to Amanda, and not much about Stars. What little he does say about the company praises certain individuals he worked with, and NOT Stars itself. That speaks volumes. Clearly he is somewhat unhappy with them. I'm sure there is some kind of non-disparagement agreement to where can't trash them on the way out (likely in his original contract).

Timing is realllllllllly funny here, though. I really do think this does have some kind of connection to the marriage.
    I bet he becomes a partypoker pro within a year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Maybe he will finally admit that more rake is, in fact, not better

You'll know shit hits the fan with Stars in the US when they can Moneymaker's ass
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Will also be really interesting to see if this affects how many high roller type tournaments he keeps playing without Stars footing the bill for buyins.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like his contract was up.

According to this old article, he first signed with Stars in June 2007: https://www.poker-king.com/answers/h...tars-contract/

That would put his renewal date in June, which is coming up as soon as 9 days from now, though possibly more than that if it's in later June.

Still, it's odd that it's terminating on May 23, rather than June whatever.

If talks failed, the probably just decided to sever it slightly early, and move on.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like the date was June 11, 2007: https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-new...eam-pokerstars

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ignore the title. Watch. Video from today.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He reveals a lot of stuff in the above video, including how he got with Amanda again.

Apparently he started dating Amanda again because she was invited back out to Vegas to host PokerGo, and he got her to go to dinner with him, and it progressed from there.

He also addresses the #ALovesTheD hashtag and the critical comments about it. claiming that "she loved it", which I actually believe. But it's still disrespectful and shouldn't be the hashtag of your wedding, even if your wife foolishly approves.

Stars stuff at around 10 minute mark.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    He reveals a lot of stuff in the above video, including how he got with Amanda again.

Apparently he started dating Amanda again because she was invited back out to Vegas to host PokerGo, and he got her to go to dinner with him, and it progressed from there.

He also addresses the #ALovesTheD hashtag and the critical comments about it. claiming that "she loved it", which I actually believe. But it's still disrespectful and shouldn't be the hashtag of your wedding, even if your wife foolishly approves.

Stars stuff at around 10 minute mark.

I think its awesome, ppl giving him shit for "marrying a whore" and he says "IDGAF imma make her love MY D" hope he pulls it off and he didn't hashtag her cheating ways into existence tho. i'm not willing to bet on the marriage success until I see how his WSOP goes. if he gets creamed, im calling that karma shitting on him for making a very bad mistake

Load Metric
    Looks like his contract was up.

According to this old article, he first signed with Stars in June 2007: https://www.poker-king.com/answers/h...tars-contract/

That would put his renewal date in June, which is coming up as soon as 9 days from now, though possibly more than that if it's in later June.

Still, it's odd that it's terminating on May 23, rather than June whatever.

If talks failed, the probably just decided to sever it slightly early, and move on.
    I'm sure it had everything to do with the start of the WSOP
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    I clicked that Negraneau video.

Gave it a minute. Glasses fashion? 5 minute mark he give make up advice like Annette_15?

He’s a 44 year old male?

Dude’s got issues.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I will add that I think Daniel wanted to split as now he wants to do the YouTube/Twitch branding thing like Polk, Ingram, etc..... and that requires freedom to speak your mind more (even more than his donkery on twitter) and covering more than just poker topics and grow his personal subscriber base

He will learn quickly that wont go well unless he get Party to sponsor him and be an affiliate or something
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Is he still good, or has he just been riding that Pokerstars money?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information