Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ben Zobrist takes indefinite leave from Cubs for... divorce?!

Gold
    Load Metric
    According to that article, dude played professional baseball at a fairly high level for 12 years and their net worth was only somewhere in the neighborhood from $24M-$31M. How is that even possible? That is some serious poor money management.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    According to that article, dude played professional baseball at a fairly high level for 12 years and their net worth was only somewhere in the neighborhood from $24M-$31M. How is that even possible? That is some serious poor money management.
    Actually was pretty decent money management. He was a not a prospect, he was drafted with a $55k signing bonus. Grinded his way through the minors for awhile making basically IRL min wage. Got 2 decent MLB contracts. According to spotrac, made around $78m in his career. Chop half for taxes/agents and you got $39m. 24-31 is actually impressive, considering the cunt wife.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The lack of prenuptual agreement here was also a killer. Huuuuuuuuuuuge mistake for baseball players not to do this, unless their careers are already over.

The myth is that it's only the players who cheat while on the road. Yes, they're the ones who do it more often, but the women left alone at home for weeks at a time, with lots of money at their disposal, also will seek out affairs. You should see the high rate of cheating that goes on by army spouses. Much less money involved, but same concept. Also, these baseball wives are usually youngish and hot, which brings constant male attention to them, so the temptation is there. Look at what happened to Tim Duncan.

Comments

garrett: Druffs +EV pre-nup advice, hof......

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

A post shared by on

https://instagram.com/p/Bx6ISTrB6Yl/

I have instant hatred for this chick after reading the above psychobabble.

Zobrist has told the Cubs he may not be coming back this year. Amazing.

I have a feeling that he's suffering from severe depression, and therefore cannot function.

Having just gone through that last year, I see how that can take someone out of a demanding activity like baseball.

(If you remember, Zach Greinke was out of baseball when he was younger, due to social anxiety. That's different yet related to depression.)

Not hard to believe that a chick who dresses like this is cheating on her rich husband when he's gone for weeks on the road.

I dislike the suggestion that a person may be more likely to cheat on their spouse based on how they dress. That's a pretty big leap from one to the other and an antiquated attitude toward women.

Comments

garrett: "an antiquated attitude toward women." lmfao, hilarious actually

shoeshine box: if it wears GUCCI it is hittable.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Get a load of this guy? Fellas is this guy serious?

Listen guy, if you can’t walk into a room and instantly be able to tell which chick is “fuckable” then you’re not a true stick man

Fella, I’ll do you one better if you can’t walk into a room and immediate tell which guys are “shady” then I don’t know what to tell you guy

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Actually was pretty decent money management. He was a not a prospect, he was drafted with a $55k signing bonus. Grinded his way through the minors for awhile making basically IRL min wage. Got 2 decent MLB contracts. According to spotrac, made around $78m in his career. Chop half for taxes/agents and you got $39m. 24-31 is actually impressive, considering the cunt wife.
    I mean is it though? He surely made at least 80 million with endorsements included, and 23+ of that was when he was on florida so no state income tax. Technically he’d still owe some in states where road games are played because irs rules for pro sports are weird but still way less being a FL resident.

So even if we’re being conservative say 40 million after taxes and agent fees. Literally 99% of that was post 2008. Have you seen what the stock market has done the last 12 years? Even with semi-decent money management that 40 should be a lot more than that.

It’s actually pretty mind-boggling to me how they’re net worth would be so low. Sure there are athletes that have made more than that who have declared bankruptcy, but on the surface they don’t seem like that type of couple.

“In 2018, she averaged $24,000 per month in spending, including $12,500 for rent and $4,000 for furniture rental, until a court order limited her to $30,000 per month for living expenses. Total spending on clothing topped $134,000 in 2018 and $289,000 in 2019.“ Wait scratch that it’s all starting to make sense now. He also subsidized her Christian music career. His ex-wife is horrible.

Also I don’t know why I waited a few days before actually reading that article it’s pretty incredible.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Get a load of this guy? Fellas is this guy serious?

Listen guy, if you can’t walk into a room and instantly be able to tell which chick is “fuckable” then you’re not a true stick man

Fella, I’ll do you one better if you can’t walk into a room and immediate tell which guys are “shady” then I don’t know what to tell you guy
    Fuckable and dishonorable are 2 different things Nicky. You know that. I'm sure there are plenty of women not dressing like cheating wives who dont cheat and plenty who dont dress the part that do. Its a non sensical argument.

Thread Information