Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Druff is in total denial that abortion rights haven’t been a major presidential campaign issue since 1992. 1992 was the *beginning* of when it was important. Every presidential race since then has seen the Dems and the GOP rallying voters to the polls for their candidate to win in order for their party to have control over whether pro-choice or anti-abortion judges would be nominated to the Supreme Court. And they’ve also done so for Senste races given that the Senate controls whether a nominee gets approved to join SCOTUS.
So you don't believe that the subject has ramped up big time in 2019?

I have never seen such fierce debate on the topic before. I was a baby when Roe v Wade took place, so I can't comment on that, but certainly in my adult and even teen life, this is the most abortion has been discussed.
I’ve seen the Republicans ramp up the abortion debate because (1) the religious right wants a showdown in court against Roe v. Wade that they believe will now result in that ruling being overturned by SCOTUS given a now-solid majority of religiously conservative justices there, and (2) the econonic Darwinist wing of the GOP give lip service to the religious right’s anti-abortion initiatives in order to distract the middle and working class from the GOP’s policies that further their predatory accumulation of wealth, all while secretly supporting their wive’s, girlfriend’s, and/or mistress’ having abortions.

That’s why right-wing media outlets are going balls out in ramping up the rhetoric about how the Democrats are passing laws to legalize “infanticide”, yet the GOP continues to work overtime to make life more difficult for the children of poor and working class families.