Thread: Pokernews article: Give plasma to replenish poker bankroll

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Pokernews article: Give plasma to replenish poker bankroll

https://www.pokernews.com/strategy/i...egas-34153.htm

There are many private companies that sell blood and plasma for research. They'll pay you for yours. It's not the blood itself that they are buying, but your blood plasma, also known as platelets. You can expect to make between $50 and $100 depending on the need and the company doing the buying.

Once again, it pays to shop around. Don't be shy. Check online for the many companies that buy plasma, and get their best price. Since your blood is actually returned to your body after the platelets are extracted, it's possible to donate your plasma twice in three days. One company I spoke to pays $75 per donation for your first two, and then $50 for each one after that.

You will need photo identification with your address and social security number. Also, keep in mind that it can take you two-and-a-half hours to make your first donation, and a little over an hour after that. But hey, when you're broke you usually have plenty of time.

Someone suggested on Twitter that this article was an Onion-style parody, but I think it's serious.

Why?

First off, it's in Pokernews' "strategy" section, not their usual section for offbeat articles called "The Muck".

Second, the information in the article is correct, and very detailed, which would not be necessary if they were not serious about giving advice to actually do these things. As you'll see, most of that detailed info is not particularly entertaining or funny, making it less likely that this was an entertainment piece.

Third, they don't resort to any completely outrageous or over-the-top suggestions, such as doing sex work (even the legal type).

The author, Ashley Adams, is an old dude who has written a few books about poker. As you'll see from a list of articles, he doesn't engage in comedy writing: http://www.pokerology.com/author/ashley-adams/

Can you believe that Pokernews is pubilshing shit like this, especially right before WSOP?

Unbelievable.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    And before you make any comments, yes, Master Scalir has done most of these things.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So in other words you have to give plasma three times to afford a side of lobster mac n cheese?

Load Metric
    He should've given a list of broke poker players that would actually give plasma to get money to continue to play poker...such as...

Erick Lindgren
    Brad Booth
    Gavin Griffin
    Scotty Nguyen
    *Bryan Micon (former owner Seals with Clubs, fake poker pro, former radio host of Donk Down radio, early Bitcoin enthusiast)

Does Micon do anything besides flying aboard private planes that don't belong to him to promote Bitcoin and other phony crypto currencies?

Comments

Ryback_feed_me_more: BTC over $8k right now.. Yep its fake alright.. (Doubled my investment in the last couple months now from below 4k/coin

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    He should've given a list of broke poker players that would actually give plasma to get money to continue to play poker...such as...

Erick Lindgren
    Brad Booth
    Gavin Griffin
    Scotty Nguyen
    *Bryan Micon (former owner Seals with Clubs, fake poker pro, former radio host of Donk Down radio, early Bitcoin enthusiast)

Does Micon do anything besides flying aboard private planes that don't belong to him to promote Bitcoin and other phony crypto currencies?

Face it your just jealous that Micon made a mint with BTC even with its major shitdump in 2018 and rise now again in 2019 he got in so early hes likely got millions in BTC in several wallets spread around if he's smart.. I mean lets be honest 10k BTC now is worth $80M even if he only has 1k BTC that's still $8M sitting there and folks in crypto know how to move shit to avoid the CTRs especially if they have offshore BTC debit cards and what not.. )

Comments

TheXFactor: The ALT Coins that Micon and his friends are promoting are phony and illegal, as for Bitcoin, unless you were an early adopter, you will lose money if you continue to buy it.

Load Metric
    Coming soon from PokerNews...

How to Replenish Your Poker Bankroll By Growing Marijuana

Load Metric
    Coming soon from PokerNews...

How to Replenish Your Poker Bankroll By Growing Marijuana

Or....

Name:  77EA063E-86B3-4CFA-99E5-D9DA19F28EF5.jpeg
Views: 224
Size:  103.1 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff

It's not the blood itself that they are buying, but your blood plasma, also known as platelets.

Second, the information in the article is correct, and very detailed.
    If I may nitpick, plasma and platelets are very much not the same thing.

Load Metric

Erick Lindgren
    Brad Booth
    Gavin Griffin
    Scotty Nguyen

Yep been hearing that same bullshit song and dance from folks for awhile now.. Oh BTC is donkdown its dead your gonna lose money.. Smart money says its heading back to 20k-21k range now in the next 18 months likely.. But you go ahead and keep your money trusting big money wall street crooks to invest it properly for you.. Worked great in 2008 I hear..

Thread Information