Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Anyone have any good ideas for jobs/money making opportunities?

  1. #1

    Anyone have any good ideas for jobs/money making opportunities?

    I have been doing the same shit for the last 20 years and am pretty bored of it. Just no interest anymore and ready to move on. I actually don't need help finding shit to fill my day. I have a lot of different hobbies to pass my time, and a family that keeps me busy on weekends and evening. However, I do need a steady income. Minimum $500/week and preferable $1000+/week.

    Anyone have any good ideas. I would prefer something easy, passive and very flexible, however I can work long hours if the payoff is enough to make it worth while.

    FWIW I have a BS and PhD and have worked 20 years (counting research during education) in a biology related field, which unfortunately doesn't give me a lot of useful skills outside that field.

    As far as investing, I could probably come up with $50K for an idea that was extremely promising.

    Any good ideas?
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  2. #2
    professional poker player

  3. #3
    Silver sah_24's Avatar
    Reputation
    -37
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Laclede
    Posts
    739
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpiper View Post
    professional poker player
    Most PFA posters are massive losers at poker lol

  4. #4
    Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Reputation
    237
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    922
    Become a content creator. I have been watching Andy Milonakis wander around Asia for the last 5 days on twitch and people throw him hella funds.
    #ToddsPlan

  5. #5
    I was a small winning player during the boom because games were super soft, but 2004 aint coming back. Haven't played online poker in 10 years. No way I am a winning player.

    Live poker I could mayyybbeee still beat it, but honestly grinding out live poker for a living is tough and you feel like a real loser. The guys you see that do do it, you just feel thankful you aren't that guy for the most part. Plus all the casinos are 30+ miles away through bad traffic, so nah.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  6. #6
    Truck driver. I've read there's a shortage and a need for the next 5 years or so before the robots take over.

    Some of those trucks have satellite tv and are looking pretty nice actually.

  7. #7
    Have you considered running a weight loss "bet" on this site? Heard someone made out pretty good on that....

     
    Comments
      
      sah_24: Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

  8. #8
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -99
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    6,322
    Name:  C9DDE8C3-9828-48FB-87EB-6B05E1D1C9E2.gif
Views: 346
Size:  2.45 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    Truck driver. I've read there's a shortage and a need for the next 5 years or so before the robots take over.

    Some of those trucks have satellite tv and are looking pretty nice actually.
    Honestly, I have trouble backing up and parking my sedan. No way I have the skills to back up a loaded trailer into a narrow docking bay. Props to the drivers that can do it.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  10. #10
    Serial Blogger BeerAndPoker's Avatar
    Reputation
    1369
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,921
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quit betting sports you play way too many games and aren't very good at it. Don't kid yourself be realistic it's difficult to beat long term and why very few come out ahead but those who do aren't firing bets on 10 CFB games during that season.

    As for other things maybe this website can help you out it's a popular forum with various opportunities. You'll have to search around to see what you might like but it can be informative giving you ideas.

    https://www.blackhatworld.com/

    Good luck! If you find something that works report back with updates and don't blow all of your profits on betting sports.

  11. #11
    hit massive jackpots on draftkings

  12. #12
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5132
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,418
    landon mark, thoughts?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  13. #13
    start a poker forum and run it at a slight gain
    http://pokerfraudalert2.freeforums.net
    1 Peter 5:8 ó "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

  14. #14
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4400
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    30,359
    Blog Entries
    2
    Maybe just a change in scenery within your own career? (That is, get a new job in the same field.)

    Sometimes that can really help.

    That was my original plan in 2002. I was going to do one of those changes of scenery myself, but the job market for programmers succcccccccccked at that time (dotcom bust). While I was wondering what the fuck to do, suddenly I became a winning poker player in early 03, and then the poker boom happened right after, so that was what I ended up doing.

    Had that not occurred, I would have switched jobs,

    Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you. It's hard for a middle aged guy to just stand up and say, "Okay, I'm going to start an entirely different career now, which makes good money", unless it involves investing your own money to start a business. Since you're only willing to put in 50k, that's not going to get you too far.

  15. #15
    $500/week? Thatís $12.50/hr. You can literally do anything for that. Get a job at Target. $13/hr minimum. In Kansas City (lowest cost of living anywhere) I used to hire security officers for $12-15/hr. TSA starts at $17. Thereís factories here that pay forklift drivers $20+.

    Point is you can literally do anything if thatís really all you need.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    $500/week? Thatís $12.50/hr. You can literally do anything for that. Get a job at Target. $13/hr minimum. In Kansas City (lowest cost of living anywhere) I used to hire security officers for $12-15/hr. TSA starts at $17. Thereís factories here that pay forklift drivers $20+.

    Point is you can literally do anything if thatís really all you need.
    If I am making $500/week it aint because I am grinding 40 hours at Target. It is because I have some sort of hustle where I am sitting at home in my underwear barely doing anything. Besides, I doubt I could even get any of those jobs you mentioned in So Cal, because I am a white male and over-qualified.

    But thanks for the concern.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  17. #17
    Have you considered joining the Merchant Marines?

     
    Comments
      
      Muck Ficon: Lol
    "I wouldn't trade places with Marty for all the money in the world, and Ií m a nigger.Ē
    -Kenneth

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Maybe just a change in scenery within your own career? (That is, get a new job in the same field.)

    Sometimes that can really help.

    That was my original plan in 2002. I was going to do one of those changes of scenery myself, but the job market for programmers succcccccccccked at that time (dotcom bust). While I was wondering what the fuck to do, suddenly I became a winning poker player in early 03, and then the poker boom happened right after, so that was what I ended up doing.

    Had that not occurred, I would have switched jobs,

    Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you. It's hard for a middle aged guy to just stand up and say, "Okay, I'm going to start an entirely different career now, which makes good money", unless it involves investing your own money to start a business. Since you're only willing to put in 50k, that's not going to get you too far.
    I am more than willing to put in more, I just don't have it. :/

    But yeah, I definitely wish it was 2003 again and I could just fall back on online poker for a few years.

    As far as your career pivot, I am guessing unless you had hit the jackpot with stocks with some startup that blew up, you most likely ended up better off with poker than if you had stayed as a programmer?
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    landon mark, thoughts?
    I am not good looking and I don't have a giant dick, so not likely.

    I have actually been told by every female I have ever massaged that I give a great massage. Unfortunately, I know male massage therapist means rub and tugs for gay dudes, and again I am probably not good enough looking for that anyways, so that isn't happening.

    But thanks for the concern.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    $500/week? Thatís $12.50/hr. You can literally do anything for that. Get a job at Target. $13/hr minimum. In Kansas City (lowest cost of living anywhere) I used to hire security officers for $12-15/hr. TSA starts at $17. Thereís factories here that pay forklift drivers $20+.

    Point is you can literally do anything if thatís really all you need.
    If I am making $500/week it aint because I am grinding 40 hours at Target. It is because I have some sort of hustle where I am sitting at home in my underwear barely doing anything. Besides, I doubt I could even get any of those jobs you mentioned in So Cal, because I am a white male and over-qualified.

    But thanks for the concern.
    I knew a guy one time who tried to make a quick $500 sitting at home in his underwear barely doing anything. All he got was a headache. I mean heís a millionaire now, but thatís not the point.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-12-2018, 05:38 AM
  2. Another Money Making Opportunity: Roy Moore
    By Scandinavian Bob in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 12-15-2017, 11:39 AM
  3. Huge Money Making Opportunity for those that like to Gamble
    By Ken Hordell in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-20-2017, 07:15 PM
  4. Money making endeavours similior to online poker
    By starsstolemyroll in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-08-2016, 01:27 AM
  5. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 12:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •