Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Erick Lindgren's bad debts aren't the least bit surprising

Load Metric
    This is why you never gamble with money you cant afford to lose. simple. dont know why people cant just do this.

Load Metric

people don't pay with ther life anymore. most scammers/non-payers know nothing will happen to them physically so they keep doing what they do. it wont stop until we get back to the basics with people that do those scummy things like that. They need to start getting hurt/killed like they did back in the old west and even the mobster days.

or maybe i'm just sick in the head.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    This is why you never gamble with money you cant afford to lose. simple. dont know why people cant just do this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyMillersMeatCurtains View Post
    DN with a new post on 2+2 http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...6/index49.html

Thoughts?
    Daniel had to write something like this, or everyone would really get on his ass.

Still way too pro-EDog, but that's to be expected, since Erick is his friend.

What Daniel leaves out is the fact that Erick continued to live a lavish lifestyle and bet huge on sports (plus lots of other stuff) while owing so many people money.

It's not even like the poker player with $20k to his name that owes $500,000, and he needs to use that $20k as a bankroll to get out of the hole.

As Haralabob put it, Erick could have sat back and done nothing for two years, and paid off every debt. He couldn't do it because he was a selfish gambling addict.

The only thing I agree with Negreanu's post is that Lindgren didn't set out to scam anyone. He really talked himself into believing that he'd be able to pay them all back one day. Still, that could be said for many of the scumbags in poker that borrow money under false or semi-false pretenses, so that's not much of a defense.

Lindgren is fucked. The $3 million per year cushion has evaporated, and he really has no way to make anywhere near the money he owes.

My big question: How the fuck did a bright, grounded guy like Haralabob end up being owed what is likely 7 figures by a guy like Erick?

I can't wrap my head around the figure he may owed Bob. I wondered the same thing. I'm not entirely impressed with DN's post but I will reserve judgment until his Vlog. It sure came across sugar coated IMO. DN states he's more of the "new school" type thinking re:outing mofos's when they don't pay. How is it he won't out other scammers?

Banned
    Load Metric
    pretty obvious DN was extra cautious with his choice of words in his latest post so the trolls didn't jump all over him

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Thoughts?
    Daniel had to write something like this, or everyone would really get on his ass.

Druff

Read what Daniel wrote. Would you write the same about neverwin back in the day when he was called out?

Exactly.

Draw your horns in here.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamRazor View Post

Thoughts?

Druff

Read what Daniel wrote. Would you write the same about neverwin back in the day when he was called out?

Exactly.

Draw your horns in here.
    Yeah. I thought that was pretty harsh attack by DN on a friend.

Neverwin is still getting called out. NW was mentioned in the Lindgren thread for owing fantasy money. There is also a thread in the high stakes limit section called is NW trying to rob me? It is by some player who lent NW money and had no idea he was such a degen. Every once in a while someone bumps it with a nice bit of NW related fun and I get a bit of a chuckle.

Didn't NW empty his roommate's(spyder44) PS account when NW went on a down swing? I am pretty sure this was pre-pill addiction and NW was just a gambling addict.

I don't remember Druff or Micon calling out NW or mentioning it at all. I didn't listen to all of the radio shows if you said something about NW there.

Load Metric

Thoughts?
    My big question: How the fuck did a bright, grounded guy like Haralabob end up being owed what is likely 7 figures by a guy like Erick?
    By my reasoning the figure is likely to be 2 million or more. Negreanu states it was an insanely insane sum of money and then a paragraph later says he is owed 500k meaning this sum has to be quite a bit more than that. Bob also mentioned that Erick has paid back 80% and he thinks the figure he is owed is probably still the most that Erick Owns anyone. That would be 400k if it was 2 million.

Bob has always seemed very likable on his TV appearances and posts on 2+2. I drew from Bob's post that he knew Erick was a part of Team Full Tilt and realized that Erick had huge sums coming in every month. I am not sure if Bob put any juice on the price, at this point I am certain he would be happy just receiving anymore money. I have lent decently large sums of money to friends that took a while to pay back but they always did. I don't think being smart or grounded has anything to do with lending what was likely a friend a large chunk of money, although had this turned into a justin smith part 2, Bob could have definitely only blamed himself for lending large amounts.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post

Thoughts?

By my reasoning the figure is likely to be 2 million or more. Negreanu states it was an insanely insane sum of money and then a paragraph later says he is owed 500k meaning this sum has to be quite a bit more than that. Bob also mentioned that Erick has paid back 80% and he thinks the figure he is owed is probably still the most that Erick Owns anyone. That would be 400k if it was 2 million.

Bob has always seemed very likable on his TV appearances and posts on 2+2. I drew from Bob's post that he knew Erick was a part of Team Full Tilt and realized that Erick had huge sums coming in every month. I am not sure if Bob put any juice on the price, at this point I am certain he would be happy just receiving anymore money. I have lent decently large sums of money to friends that took a while to pay back but they always did. I don't think being smart or grounded has anything to do with lending what was likely a friend a large chunk of money, although had this turned into a justin smith part 2, Bob could have definitely only blamed himself for lending large amounts.

its amazing how quickly this site is being used as a venue for quality content like this and there are many active posters. instead of on DD where about 6 or 7 horrible faggots drive insightful and thoughtful posters away in droves

obv not Todd's # 1 fan, but its hilarious to me how he has raped DD literally overnight for the best posters and there is more readable content here in the last 36 hours than there has been on 'that other site' for the last 6 months.

I hope Todd remains rigid on his criteria for allowing members to post here and doesn't let it turn into a fuck fest of useless pubescent assholes.

oh and John Stamos is God obv

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamRazor View Post

Thoughts?

Druff

Exactly.

Draw your horns in here.
    Yeah. I thought that was pretty harsh attack by DN on a friend.

Neverwin is still getting called out. NW was mentioned in the Lindgren thread for owing fantasy money. There is also a thread in the high stakes limit section called is NW trying to rob me? It is by some player who lent NW money and had no idea he was such a degen. Every once in a while someone bumps it with a nice bit of NW related fun and I get a bit of a chuckle.

Didn't NW empty his roommate's(spyder44) PS account when NW went on a down swing? I am pretty sure this was pre-pill addiction and NW was just a gambling addict.

I don't remember Druff or Micon calling out NW or mentioning it at all. I didn't listen to all of the radio shows if you said something about NW there.
    I used to be a big DN fanboy back in the day. I even joined FCP & post there under the same handle as here. Unfortunately, DN has shown himself to be a hypocrite on a lot of fronts, most of them when it comes to his friends.

How he can attack Annie Duke, which I believe deserves all the criticism she gets, & give Phil Hellmuth a total pass is beyond me. I actually like PH but he has to answer some questions. Tough for him to be caught in a web of lies if he never says anything. Obviously smart to say nothing but how can he give him a pass for any other reason than friendship considering the line he's taken on others.

I lost a lot of respect for him when he got into a fight with Phil Gordon over an article he wrote for some magazine in which PG detailed how he was going to approach a PAD table that included Edog & Phil Ivey. It was an article to underscore the importance of game planning when approaching a one table satelite or even a final table. According to DN the article should have went something like "These guys are so much better than me and I have no chance so I'll just sit in the corner until I blind off & then thank them for allowing me to give them 20K."

I doubt the magazine would have paid him for that so he wrote up a gameplan to take advantage of their perceived weaknesses & then went out & won the table & 120K. Daniel blogged about the supposed dissing of his friends & PG even joined Daniel's forum to defend himself & was attacked by DN. I remember reading this article & can't recall anything that could be considered derogatory towards anyone & couldn't believe that somebody I admired for being such a seemingly good player & just as good of a guy would attack someone for no reason other than Edog disliked him.

It was when he defended his buddy Phil Ivey when he was cheating in a high stakes golf match with Ram Vaswani that I realized there were 2 sets of rules for him. One for his friends & one for everyone else. How you can defend cheating at golf & compare it to being hustled @ pool is beyond me. When you misrepresent your handicap in golf to gain an advantage, in this case to win large sums of money, that is the definition of cheating because your handicap is a real tangible thing that is calculated & cannot just be dismissed at your whim.

While I still admire his stance on a lot of subject, I've learned that everything he says about his friends has to be taken with a grain of salt because he'll always put them in the best light regardless if they are right or wrong.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Bronze
    Load Metric

i agree this site is great, we've needed a place like this for a long time....none of the other big name forms are neutral in any shape or form.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Thoughts?
    I think this is the million dollar question

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

It was when he defended his buddy Phil Ivey when he was cheating in a high stakes golf match with Ram Vaswani that I realized there were 2 sets of rules for him. One for his friends & one for everyone else. How you can defend cheating at golf & compare it to being hustled @ pool is beyond me. When you misrepresent your handicap in golf to gain an advantage, in this case to win large sums of money, that is the definition of cheating because your handicap is a real tangible thing that is calculated & cannot just be dismissed at your whim.

While I still admire his stance on a lot of subject, I've learned that everything he says about his friends has to be taken with a grain of salt because he'll always put them in the best light regardless if they are right or wrong.
    If I remember I will come back to this tomorrow, the golf match thing was ridiculous and didn't they lose in arbitration? You can claim someone was sandbagging you after 1 or 2 matches but not 4 or 6 rounds. At this point YOU are angle shooting. I have thought a lot about big golf bets and concluded unless you tee off right away it would be impossible to match up realistically if I didn't play golf often -- even if I was trying to be honest.

If someone wanted to play me in golf on a normal course and asked what I would shoot I would say 120. I am terrible off the tee. Knowing this high stakes match was coming up I would hit thousands of balls and hire a coach. I would try much harder and I would probably drop 10 strokes but I could never offer 110 in a bet. This doesn't make me a liar. Golf bets can leave so much about your opponent open to interpretation.

Banned
    Load Metric
    i think bukowski is drinking tonight

bro quit tilting on 2+2

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I have to give DN credit for speaking out about a friend and I think he was pretty hard on EL. Since DN is so outspoken he was put in an impossible spot where he had to out a friend and handled it well. Sure he has been harder on HL and CF but they flat out stole money well EL is just a degen like 80% of all poker players and he can't control himself.

One questionable thing DN has done is he has never called out Helmuth for his role in UB and I'm interested in why.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

If I remember I will come back to this tomorrow, the golf match thing was ridiculous and didn't they lose in arbitration? You can claim someone was sandbagging you after 1 or 2 matches but not 4 or 6 rounds. At this point YOU are angle shooting. I have thought a lot about big golf bets and concluded unless you tee off right away it would be impossible to match up realistically if I didn't play golf often -- even if I was trying to be honest.

If someone wanted to play me in golf on a normal course and asked what I would shoot I would say 120. I am terrible off the tee. Knowing this high stakes match was coming up I would hit thousands of balls and hire a coach. I would try much harder and I would probably drop 10 strokes but I could never offer 110 in a bet. This doesn't make me a liar. Golf bets can leave so much about your opponent open to interpretation.
    Obviously you dont know how a golf match works. Your handicap is very important to determine giving strokes on certain holes. This is pretty important when you are playing for 10's of thousands of dollar per hole with carry overs & presses.
    Your handicap is not a subjective thing but is real & actually shows your POTENTIAL as a golfer no matter where you are playing. To misrepresent it, when asked about it, you are cheating.
    Last edited by Hockey Guy; 03-07-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gm2022 View Post

Thoughts?
    I think this is the million dollar question
    I mean, the guy had a 3M a year income as collateral, and Haralabos probably had a huge edge in whatever wagering they were doing, so why wouldn't he let Erick go into 7 figures worth of debt? It's not like he was a random degen poker player, he had a piece of a gigantic cash cow and no one involved thought it was gonna dry up when it did.

Thread Information