Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Vegas sportsbettor James Holzhauer killing it on Jeopardy

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Appropriate time for this...helluva run

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    At the time I posted the episode up yesterday in the secret forum their weren't tons of leaked info articles/tweets yet but I guess some person posted a topic on reddit either Friday or Saturday regarding the outcome.

Bookmaker had bunch of props up but they must have got word very quickly of the outcome so like any smart book does they took them all down since I checked right after watching James lose.

He was very close to the all time money record (non tournaments) but now falls short of Jennings which sucks because he had the top 10 scores of all time. Jennings did play when the stakes were only half as much though but still James crushes him all over the place.

Jeopardy was loving the ratings boost and despite that it felt like they really challenged James harder then they ever did with Ken during his long run as far as competition, daily double placement,etc...

We knew it would take a competitor who could answer enough questions and grab the daily doubles to have the lead in final jeopardy to have a chance to beat him and that's exactly what happened.

Fatigue likely took a toll on James but I'm curious the timing on when they filmed that teachers tournament as in if he got a break for filming that or not. It's possible they filmed that tournament long ago so he didn't get a break but I'm not sure.

His final jeopardy strategy was good he knew if that girl Emma got it right she would bet properly to cover him if he got it right too so he bets enough where if third place guy bets his entire 11k and gets it right he still could beat him if Emma missed knowing she would bet large. A woman being the one to defeat him was +300 on Bookmaker last week btw. Emma is a librarian so she has absorbed so much information in her life we'd have to assume.

Her first episode as champion link is up for tomorrow's airing in the secret location if anyone cares to see how she does after beating James.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    At the time I posted the episode up yesterday in the secret forum their weren't tons of leaked info articles/tweets yet but I guess some person posted a topic on reddit either Friday or Saturday regarding the outcome.

Bookmaker had bunch of props up but they must have got word very quickly of the outcome so like any smart book does they took them all down since I checked right after watching James lose.

He was very close to the all time money record (non tournaments) but now falls short of Jennings which sucks because he had the top 10 scores of all time. Jennings did play when the stakes were only half as much though but still James crushes him all over the place.

Jeopardy was loving the ratings boost and despite that it felt like they really challenged James harder then they ever did with Ken during his long run as far as competition, daily double placement,etc...

We knew it would take a competitor who could answer enough questions and grab the daily doubles to have the lead in final jeopardy to have a chance to beat him and that's exactly what happened.

Fatigue likely took a toll on James but I'm curious the timing on when they filmed that teachers tournament as in if he got a break for filming that or not. It's possible they filmed that tournament long ago so he didn't get a break but I'm not sure.

His final jeopardy strategy was good he knew if that girl Emma got it right she would bet properly to cover him if he got it right too so he bets enough where if third place guy bets his entire 11k and gets it right he still could beat him if Emma missed knowing she would bet large. A woman being the one to defeat him was +300 on Bookmaker last week btw. Emma is a librarian so she has absorbed so much information in her life we'd have to assume.

Her first episode as champion link is up for tomorrow's airing in the secret location if anyone cares to see how she does after beating James.
    A woman being the one to defeat him was +300 on Bookmaker last week btw.

Yea with a whopping $50 limit.

Load Metric
    Answer:Someone who is laughing his ass off knowing that his Jeopardy record for most wins and most money will probably never be broken in his lifetime.

Question:Who is Ken Jennings?

Load Metric

Emma was Andy Ruiz, Jr. to Holzhauer as Anthony Joshua.

Comments

DonaldTrumpsHairPiece: conspiracy?

big dick: HAHAHA WOW
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Luck sack Emma goes donkdown after 3 wins on today's episode. She wasn't nearly as good in any episode after beating James so the combination of having categories she was very knowledgeable in and pulling the daily doubles was really all it was. That's not to say she isn't smart but it's a spot where if they played 10 games with Emma up 1-0 on James he wins the next 9.

Load Metric
    He looked weird that whole week before. If he wasn’t banking $300k a week I’d swear he threw it I can’t think of a reason why but it actually crossed my mind and a buddy of mine said today,” does it sound crazy I think he threw it.” I said yes it’s crazy but it also crossed my mind but I couldn’t think why he would possibly do that short of his kid getting sick or crippling anxiety that was making each show hell. I just thought he’d run off 100. Still shocked he lost.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    He looked weird that whole week before. If he wasn’t banking $300k a week I’d swear he threw it I can’t think of a reason why but it actually crossed my mind and a buddy of mine said today,” does it sound crazy I think he threw it.” I said yes it’s crazy but it also crossed my mind but I couldn’t think why he would possibly do that short of his kid getting sick or crippling anxiety that was making each show hell. I just thought he’d run off 100. Still shocked he lost.
    I kind of feel that way since he started to seem uninterested and bored? I dunno it just seems like not taking the all time money crown keeps him just that bit behind Ken yet Id take him any day over Ken, weird.

Load Metric
    He didn't throw it.

Math.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    He didn't throw it.

Math.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  11.8 KB

If he didn't get tired of the whole thing he picked a fine time to get unlucky (math).

The guy was l--l close to Jeopardy immortality.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    He didn't throw it.

Math.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  11.8 KB

If he didn't get tired of the whole thing he picked a fine time to get unlucky (math).

The guy was l--l close to Jeopardy immortality.
    Do math. There is no 'if'.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    James didn't throw this he ran into a bad spot where the categories were good for Emma and most importantly she pulled the both daily doubles in double jeopardy, yet even doing so he wasn't dominated that hard by her going into final. Shit happens and I truly believe if they play 10 total times James would win the next 9.

Here are some post interviews he's done since the loss:

Comments

BCR: Watched them all

Load Metric
    James didn't throw this he ran into a bad spot where the categories were good for Emma and most importantly she pulled the both daily doubles in double jeopardy, yet even doing so he wasn't dominated that hard by her going into final. Shit happens and I truly believe if they play 10 total times James would win the next 9.

Here are some post interviews he's done since the loss:

I didn’t even realize there was conspiracy theories out there. Yeah, you know it’s going to end eventually, it just seems he would have to beat himself. I didn’t think he’d get beat straight up.

Has anyone watched since? Are they back to playing standard jeopardy or some combo of his style and regular rote jeopardy? I knew he’d be in tournament of champions, but it clearly sounds like him v Jennings headsup must be in the works. That will be interesting. I couldn’t think of a reason he’d throw it, clearly he didn’t, but I am surprised he didn’t beat himself still. I thought it would take a perfect storm.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

The GOAT Tourney starts tonight.

Comments

DirtyErnie:

Thread Information