Thread: Silver Spoon in his fist: Ricky Schroeder arrested for second time for domestic violence

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Silver Spoon in his fist: Ricky Schroeder arrested for second time for domestic violence

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...iolence-charge

"Silver Spoons" came out at the perfect time for me to enjoy it the most. This is a show which doesn't hold up well when you view it again as an adult. However, as a 10-year-old, when it came out, I thought it was so cool. The fact that Ricky (the character, not the actor) had arcade games in his living room made me really jealous of him.

He went on to later star in NYPD Blue, as an adult.

Unlike other child stars, there was no tragic story about Ricky. His parents took the money and invested it in Taco Bell franchises, most of which did well, and made him more money. This somewhat helped him avoid the child actor shame spiral, and allowed him to enjoy somewhat of a career as an adult.

Apparently he has his demons, though, as he has been arrested for domestic violence twice since 2017.

He also divorced his wife in 2016, so I wonder if he also beat her.

I suppose it's possible that his girlfriend is the one causing the problem. Sometimes the crazy girlfriend starts it, and when the man tries to grab her or defend himself even slightly, he is the one arrested. However, usually in these situations, it's the man's fault.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Silver Spoons also had a surprisingly forward-looking episode where Ricky met a girl on a computer bulletin board, and then both he and the girl (who hadn't seen what each other looked like) were terrified that the other would find them ugly.

It was actually a surprisingly realistic episode, and I was pretty shocked to see it, because almost nobody knew about going online and meeting potential dates in 1985, back when it aired. One of the writers must have been doing this himself back then.

Also shout out to the episode where Ricky and Gary Coleman (playing his Diff'rent Strokes Arnold character) hacked the defense department and ran away believing they would be put to death for treason.

Load Metric
    Every boy that age wanted to be him.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Call me Veep!

Erin Gray was pretty hot back then.

Thread Information