Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Raymond Davis of RealGrinders arrested for sexual assault on minor

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

View on scribd here: https://www.scribd.com/doc/455265919/  

WHY?? Just saying the link was there for anybody to read already posted instead of literally breaking the record for the longest posting in PFA history essentially (Or was that secretly your goal??) If so well played sir.. well played..
    Not sure I understand your objection. He embedded it via this forum's scribd function, so people could scroll through all 112 pages at will, without having to bother downloading it. The the same time, it doesn't clutter the forum.

Good post by him, actually. Saves people trouble.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Not to mention some people here are just careful about clicking on random links.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

WHY?? Just saying the link was there for anybody to read already posted instead of literally breaking the record for the longest posting in PFA history essentially (Or was that secretly your goal??) If so well played sir.. well played..
    Not sure I understand your objection. He embedded it via this forum's scribd function, so people could scroll through all 112 pages at will, without having to bother downloading it. The the same time, it doesn't clutter the forum.

Good post by him, actually. Saves people trouble.
    I was a bit sardonic when I posted that reply because some folks just seem to post long ass responses for no logical reason.. Honestly Druff if I thought you'd wanted it embedded you would've done it yourself and in reply to HockeyGuy if you cant trust Druff posting a link in here I don't know who the hell you can trust just my opinion...

Load Metric
    Also, Ray claims on page 26 that the clever attempt to get this dismissed due to the dismissal of the similar Inzunza case in late 2019 was HIS idea, which he figured out by reading Inzunza's story in the newspaper in December. Ray claims he gave the newspaper to Terry King, who brought it to Ray's defense attorney, Craig Mueller.

Even though much of Ray's recent filing bashes Mueller for ignoring him and improperly defending him, he also wrote that "Mueller made a brilliant argument" on February 5 to get the case dismissed.

Laughably, Kenny Flowers, Ray's mild-mannered but buffoonish friend who was frequently featured as comedy relief on Real Grinders, was mentioned in the filing On page 28, he cited that Flowers was one of the witnesses he attempted to have presented to Mueller, only to have Mueller ignore them. Not sure what he felt Kenny had to offer in his defense.
    This Inzunza case is strange. Would they really just let him walk because of a government fuck up? He might have sexually assaulted a 9 year old.. who cares if the government fucked up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Also, Ray claims on page 26 that the clever attempt to get this dismissed due to the dismissal of the similar Inzunza case in late 2019 was HIS idea, which he figured out by reading Inzunza's story in the newspaper in December. Ray claims he gave the newspaper to Terry King, who brought it to Ray's defense attorney, Craig Mueller.

Even though much of Ray's recent filing bashes Mueller for ignoring him and improperly defending him, he also wrote that "Mueller made a brilliant argument" on February 5 to get the case dismissed.

Laughably, Kenny Flowers, Ray's mild-mannered but buffoonish friend who was frequently featured as comedy relief on Real Grinders, was mentioned in the filing On page 28, he cited that Flowers was one of the witnesses he attempted to have presented to Mueller, only to have Mueller ignore them. Not sure what he felt Kenny had to offer in his defense.
    This Inzunza case is strange. Would they really just let him walk because of a government fuck up? He might have sexually assaulted a 9 year old.. who cares if the government fucked up.
    worry about Russian laws, eurotrash

Comments

gimmick: cunt

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post

I agree, and if I were the kid's parents, I would be absolutely furious.

But yes, if the court determines that they violated his right to a speedy trial (which apparently extends to when the suspect is told they will be arrested), then they have no choice but to kick him loose.

The police should be sued over this. The court in that case found that the failure was "above the level of negligence but didn't rise to the level of malice", so it looks like the delay was intentional but not malicious. In Ray's case, the delay was accidental, albeit stupid and negligent.

My guess with Inzunza (without attempting to research it more, which I don't feel like doing) is that they were about to arrest him, came looking for him at his mom's house, but after his mom gave up his info, they had a change of plans and decided to watch him some more. Or perhaps they decided to stall the arrest so they could build a stronger case. Anyway, the fuckup there was going to his mom and telling her they're going to arrest him, and asking for his whereabouts, then changing their minds. Once they do that, they need to arrest him, since a reasonable person would assume his mom is going to tell him about it.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

WOW... read the whole thinggggg.......

IMO he made a error in not accepting deal offered. Register as a S.O. and do the easy time.
    I know if u innocent it is Principle.....
    but i would have taken the deal regardless after seeing what was in store for me with incompetent lawyers and crooked courts.
    This is a travesty and shd have been at it's conclusion lonnnnggg ago...
    I sure hopes he gets off and sues the heck outta NV, Las vegas, CC etc.. we see, Time shows all.

I did see a Ms. Sisolak (Gov. daughter?)named as a Pub Def office and she said they are forming a special Defense team?
    Last edited by shoeshine box; 04-14-2020 at 11:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeshine box View Post
    WOW... read the whole thinggggg.......

IMO he made a error in not accepting deal offered. Register as a S.O. and do the easy time.
    I know if u innocent it is Principle.....
    but i would have taken the deal regardless after seeing what was in store for me with incompetent lawyers and crooked courts.
    This is a travesty and shd have been at it's conclusion lonnnnggg ago...
    I sure hopes he gets off and sues the heck outta NV, Las vegas, CC etc.. we see, Time shows all.

I did see a Ms. Sisolak (Gov. daughter?)named as a Pub Def office and she said they are forming a special Defense team?
    He won't win any lawsuit. It's pretty hard to win a lawsuit regarding alleged mistreatment during criminal prosecution unless it's really egregious.

Mayyyyyyyyyybe he could have a potentially successful suit regarding the ridiculous $500k bail (which is definitely unjustified), but I could only see him winning this if he's found not guilty. Otherwise he'd just have been exchanging time in jail for time in prison, and honestly the former is a more pleasant place to be.

But yes, this case did feature one idiotic police screwup (the 2.5-year delay in arresting him) and one possible abuse of judicial power (the $500k bail). After reading that lengthy document, I still don't understand the bail thing.

That's not to say Ray didn't fuck this up badly. He did. Whether guilty or innocent, he's not behaving in a calm, reasonable fashion in court, which has directly led to the rest of his problems ever since. There's a good chance he'd be out on bail all this time if he had just behaved normally.

Anyway, only Ray and the alleged victims really know what happened. I have to think there's something to these charges -- that it's not completely fabricated. Maybe some of what is being alleged is exaggerated, but it seems likely that SOMETHING happened with these girls.

If I were in his shoes, I would have also taken the plea deal, unless I knew that I was 100% innocent of everything. Yeah, it sucks registering as a sex offender and having that follow you around for life, but it sure beats spending years in prison (starting from when you're in your 50s) AND registering as a sex offender when you get out.

Yes, Governor Sisolak's daughter is involved here as a public defender, but it looks to me that Ray is being forced to go forward with his current attorney, Craig Mueller.

Comments

shoeshine box:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not surprisingly, Ray attempted on April 20th what many incarcerated people are attempting in 2020:

Trying to get released due to coronavirus danger in jail.

Unfortunately for Ray, it didn't work.

Minutes
    04/20/2020 10:15 AM
    Defendant's Notice Of Motion And Motion For Own Recognizance Release Based On The Changed Circumstances Brought About By The Covid-19 Crisis

- Argument in support of Defendant's Motion For Own Recognizance Release Based On The Changed Circumstances Brought About By The Covid-19 Crisis by Mr. Maynard. Argument in opposition of motion by Ms. Kollins. Court stated findings and ORDERED, motion DENIED.
    One of his motions was also dismissed on April 30th at the Nevada Supreme Court.

He appealed something on May 13th, but I'm not sure what.

Not sure who "Mr. Maynard" is who filed the COVID-19 argument for Ray, since his attorney is named Mueller.

Cliffs: Not much has happened in the past month, Ray tried to get a COVID-19 release, failed, and still sits in jail with the case still open.

Load Metric
    I know someone who works in the jail, he said the inmates are purposely given covid to each other in hopes of early release.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Updates:

06/24/2020 10:15 AM
    - Court stated there's notice Defendant's on medical. Mr. Mueller argued it's not certain the Court has the authority to act as the case is still before the Nevada Supreme Court on a Petition For En Banc Review. Colloquy regarding bar complaint filed by Defendant against Mr. Mueller. COURT ORDERED, proceedings CONTINUED for Defendant's presence. CUSTODY 7-13-20 10:15 AM MOTION TO DISMISS COUNSEL

07/13/2020 10:15 AM
    - Mr. Mueller stated that he was willing to withdraw. Court clarified with the Deft. that he wanted to dismiss his counsel and ORDERED MOTION GRANTED. Court further, APPOINTED Mr. Gill to represent the Deft. The Deft. stated that he did not want Mr. Gill to represent him, wanted to waive his right to representation and would represent himself. Court advised Deft. that he is not able to represent himself because he refuses to follow Court rules and procedures further advising him that he may obtain his own counsel to represent him. COURT ORDERED, MATTER SET FOR CONFIRMATION OF COUNSEL. CUSTODY 7/20/20 10:15 AM CONFIRMATION OF COUNSEL

07/20/2020 10:15 AM
    - Present on behalf of the State via video, Stacey Kollins. Officer stated Defendant's on medical. COURT ORDERED, proceedings CONTINUED. CUSTODY 8-3-20 10:15 AM MOTION TO DISMISS COUNSEL

So here's what I can make of this:

On June 20, there was more discussion regarding dismissing Ray's attorney Craig Mueller, and a discussion of a state bar complaint Ray filed against him. It was continued to July 13.

On July 13, Mueller stated he was okay with being dismissed (no surprise), and the court granted it, and then appointed an attorney named Adam Gill to defend him. Ray said he didn't want Adam Gill, and wanted to defend himself. The court refused to allow this, stating that Ray already tried to defend himself and made a mess of everything. However, Ray was told he could hire someone else instead of Mr. Gill, whom I assume was appointed to him for free.

On July 20, it said Ray is on "medical" (??), and the dismissal proceedings would continue on August 3, which is weird because I thought the matter was already decided upon on July 13. However, I also see that the August hearing was "vacated - per law clerk".

The best I can make of this is that Ray is now being represented by Adam Gill, but not much else has changed.

Load Metric
    Updates:

06/24/2020 10:15 AM
    - Court stated there's notice Defendant's on medical. Mr. Mueller argued it's not certain the Court has the authority to act as the case is still before the Nevada Supreme Court on a Petition For En Banc Review. Colloquy regarding bar complaint filed by Defendant against Mr. Mueller. COURT ORDERED, proceedings CONTINUED for Defendant's presence. CUSTODY 7-13-20 10:15 AM MOTION TO DISMISS COUNSEL

07/13/2020 10:15 AM
    - Mr. Mueller stated that he was willing to withdraw. Court clarified with the Deft. that he wanted to dismiss his counsel and ORDERED MOTION GRANTED. Court further, APPOINTED Mr. Gill to represent the Deft. The Deft. stated that he did not want Mr. Gill to represent him, wanted to waive his right to representation and would represent himself. Court advised Deft. that he is not able to represent himself because he refuses to follow Court rules and procedures further advising him that he may obtain his own counsel to represent him. COURT ORDERED, MATTER SET FOR CONFIRMATION OF COUNSEL. CUSTODY 7/20/20 10:15 AM CONFIRMATION OF COUNSEL

07/20/2020 10:15 AM
    - Present on behalf of the State via video, Stacey Kollins. Officer stated Defendant's on medical. COURT ORDERED, proceedings CONTINUED. CUSTODY 8-3-20 10:15 AM MOTION TO DISMISS COUNSEL

So here's what I can make of this:

On June 20, there was more discussion regarding dismissing Ray's attorney Craig Mueller, and a discussion of a state bar complaint Ray filed against him. It was continued to July 13.

On July 13, Mueller stated he was okay with being dismissed (no surprise), and the court granted it, and then appointed an attorney named Adam Gill to defend him. Ray said he didn't want Adam Gill, and wanted to defend himself. The court refused to allow this, stating that Ray already tried to defend himself and made a mess of everything. However, Ray was told he could hire someone else instead of Mr. Gill, whom I assume was appointed to him for free.

On July 20, it said Ray is on "medical" (??), and the dismissal proceedings would continue on August 3, which is weird because I thought the matter was already decided upon on July 13. However, I also see that the August hearing was "vacated - per law clerk".

The best I can make of this is that Ray is now being represented by Adam Gill, but not much else has changed.
    Maybe he has the Rona

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

IMO, he is being held in the Med. ward due to a nervous breakdown..
    My bro had same desig... in CCDC... Imo... wish him well, hope he did not do this stuff.. IMO he made a huge error representing himself...The Court is predjudiced Vs A person being their own Lawyer....
    I hope Kenny's ok.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I’m sure the victims have proof and hope he pays.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpinkcandy08 View Post

what if he is innocent? what then? how does one get compensated for false internment?(sp?).....
    almost 1 yr in jail w/no trial..wowza
    and yes if he is guilty as charged put him under the jail...

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpinkcandy08 View Post

what if he is innocent? what then? how does one get compensated for false internment?(sp?).....
    well Wed Sept 9th we find out when he shows up in Court next..been a year ...released with time served my best bet.imo.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

well Wed Sept 9th we find out when he shows up in Court next..been a year ...released with time served my best bet.imo.
    Denied and will be going to court in October.

Comments

shoeshine box: wow.. it bodes Not well from my exp. then.. his best chance is in Oct they release him w/time served... wow.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

We have a result, folks.

Here's 9 hours of today's hearing, some of which is redacted:

At around the 7 hour 26 minute mark, you can start seeing the slides of the summary of the allegations against him.

Jump to 8:27:30 to hear the result. (Or click the Spoiler button below.)

Pleads guilty to a class D felony (coercion) & misdemeanor (contributing to delinquency of minor)

Probation and time served

1-6 years in state prison and up to a $5,000 fine if he violates probation

Raymond Davis is a (mostly) free man.

He had been in jail almost 18 months.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

This just happened today at around 4pm. It is not in the press anywhere, and this YouTube video is unlisted.

Comments

Forum Wars: Great post Druff, over 9 hours of court proceedings that will be used mostly by members of a 7th/8th/9th tier poker forum.

Load Metric
    BUMP

We have a result, folks.

At around the 7 hour 26 minute mark, you can start seeing the slides of the summary of the allegations against him.

Jump to 8:27:30 to hear the result.

Pleads guilty to a class D felony (coercion) & misdemeanor (contributing to delinquency of minor)

This just happened today at around 4pm. It is not in the press anywhere, and this YouTube video is unlisted.
    Guess the chomo wins. He managed to avoid being labeled a sex offender after all. Now his buddy Terry King can say see I told you he wasn’t a child molester. Yes Terry yes he is. Just boils down that after dragging shit out needlessly he got an Atty to basically pull a Micon and got a slap on the wrist essentially.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Yes, he got super lucky avoiding being legally labeled a sex offender.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Did they have actual communications from Facebook on the screen? I couldn’t get a good look - looked like it just said Raymond Davis and a time stamp and then possibly victim name and a time stamp ... Is that correct? Or were the actual messages displayed?

Need Druff’s breakdown on radio of exactly what he think happened.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

BUMP

We have a result, folks.

Jump to 8:27:30 to hear the result.

Guess the chomo wins. He managed to avoid being labeled a sex offender after all. Now his buddy Terry King can say see I told you he wasn’t a child molester. Yes Terry yes he is. Just boils down that after dragging shit out needlessly he got an Atty to basically pull a Micon and got a slap on the wrist essentially.

Please you wrong about Terry King..
    She shall say no such thing...
    How dare you insinuate it...
    I even stuck up for him 'til Court proceedings ended & was over.
    Alas after watching these Proceedings, well....
    I shan't be saying any more on this subject...
    to be clear & simple, I just Unfollowed RealGrinders on FB.....
    Terry a decent Person ..Please refrain from attacking her. Ty..Shoeshine Box..

Thread Information