Thread: Pokerlistings columnist thinks Pokerstars will buy Pokernews

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Pokerlistings columnist thinks Pokerstars will buy Pokernews

http://www.pokerlistings.com/opinion...okernews-60240

Cliffs of the article:

1) They already have a close relationship

2) Pokernews is in trouble

3) Pokerstars already bought PokerPages.com last year, showing they will purchase sites like this

4) Pokernews appears to be struggling

Interesting speculation, and I think it could happen.

The article mentions that a sign Pokernews is in trouble is the advertising they've been accepting. They cited a banner on Pokernews for AshleyMadison.com, which is a "dating" site for married people who want to cheat.

I never saw the AshleyMadison banner, but I did see some other surprising banner for an "arrangement" dating site, which basically hooks up girls with horny rich guys in exchange for financial support. It's just one step above prostitution, the only difference being that these "arrangements" are for repeated sex and support over time, rather than one sexual encounter in exchange for money. I was very surprised to see such a banner on Pokernews this year, and I thought the same thing (that they must be hurting).

Load Metric
    So PokerStars would own NWP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Blimey, what'll be next after that? Two plus Two?

At this rate it won't be long before PokerStars own the whole online poker industry.

Pokerstars is great, the best online poker room by far. But a monopoly is never good in the long run.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    http://www.pokerlistings.com/opinion...okernews-60240

Cliffs of the article:

1) They already have a close relationship

2) Pokernews is in trouble

3) Pokerstars already bought PokerPages.com last year, showing they will purchase sites like this

4) Pokernews appears to be struggling

Interesting speculation, and I think it could happen.

The article mentions that a sign Pokernews is in trouble is the advertising they've been accepting. They cited a banner on Pokernews for AshleyMadison.com, which is a "dating" site for married people who want to cheat.

I never saw the AshleyMadison banner, but I did see some other surprising banner for an "arrangement" dating site, which basically hooks up girls with horny rich guys in exchange for financial support. It's just one step above prostitution, the only difference being that these "arrangements" are for repeated sex and support over time, rather than one sexual encounter in exchange for money. I was very surprised to see such a banner on Pokernews this year, and I thought the same thing (that they must be hurting).
    I read this article a few days ago and honestly it's nothing but speculation based on the fact that a few pokernews columnists also write for the PokerStars Blog (which is true of plenty of poker writers at any number of sites). When I read it, it looked more like one of PokerNews' cheif rivals wanting to draw attention to a pokernews for cutting writers, accepting odd advertisers, etc, more than any kind of inside information. It was posted as an opinion piece, but it wasn't just an opinion piece, it was 100% speculation.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Thread Information