Thread: Bovada : Is there Cheating in Omaha HiLo

Load Metric

Bovada : Is there Cheating in Omaha HiLo

I am new to Bovada , and was wondering what the forum members think of the Omaha ( especially HiLo ) games on this site. It seems to me if a player had access to another players cards at the same table, they would have a huge advantage. Of course this is cheating , and I'm not sure it can be prevented if someone was bent on doing it, i.e. as a form of a job to cheat and make money. What are your thoughts. Should I avoid these games on this site? Is it less so or the same for the Tourneys?

Load Metric
    Doubt it’s cheating going on. If there was legit super user stuff going on Bovada it likely wouldn’t be Omaha H/L. I will tell you a recent well known bot maker re released their Omaha bot which plays both O8 and Hi/LO and apparently the cash profile in H/L has been fairly successful in micro stakes according to the bot maker.

Load Metric
    Thanks for the lone reply. I guess it was a naive question. I see all the adds now for bot software that runs on Bovada and other card rooms. There is easy money to scoop up on these games...especially if bots are "daisy chained" or communicating with each other as Druff alluded to last radio. Thanks Druff for making it part of the agenda. Let this thread die as it was naive to think that a casual user has a square chance of winning on these games.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PAINLESSWON View Post
    Thanks for the lone reply. I guess it was a naive question. I see all the adds now for bot software that runs on Bovada and other card rooms. There is easy money to scoop up on these games...especially if bots are "daisy chained" or communicating with each other as Druff alluded to last radio. Thanks Druff for making it part of the agenda. Let this thread die as it was naive to think that a casual user has a square chance of winning on these games.
    If you can't beat Bovada cash games, it's not bc of bots. You are just bad at poker

Comments

duped_samaritan: I'd be shocked if you weren't covering up one eye to figure out what the board was.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There probably isn't such cheating going on at lower stakes O8 games on the site.

I haven't even seen high stakes O8 going.

Furthermore, it's more profitable to cheat through holdem because there's less bluffing in Omaha, and too many ways to get sucked out on. Often in O8, you have a good idea what your opponent has, but it's just a matter of deciding whether you want to continue with the hand.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    There probably isn't such cheating going on at lower stakes O8 games on the site.

I haven't even seen high stakes O8 going.

Furthermore, it's more profitable to cheat through holdem because there's less bluffing in Omaha, and too many ways to get sucked out on. Often in O8, you have a good idea what your opponent has, but it's just a matter of deciding whether you want to continue with the hand.
    O8 is so mathematically mechanical as well.....the only "cheating" you'd find from an O8 table is if you were up against a bot

Hold em much more suspect because it's way easier to collude b/t players, superusering, etc
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Bovada has its own bots winning at a high percentage, not quite as many as acr
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 04-25-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Bovada has its own bots winning at a high percentage, not quite as many as acr
    While I wouldn't doubt it to be true, says who?

Where is the proof of these bots winning at a high percentage that you talk about?

Load Metric
    A short while ago I was playing heads up.The bot would always fold and then resit. I reported the bot and the owner had complained against me for taking advantage.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    A short while ago I was playing heads up.The bot would always fold and then resit. I reported the bot and the owner had complained against me for taking advantage.
    Say what now? This is a Bovada bot making a profit on its own site? Yet the bot folds, always, and returns to only fold again and this is profitable how? You report the bot and its owner, Bovada ? , Complained against you? This is your proof and evidence? Please elaborate.

Load Metric
    The bot folding in sequence actually happened to Druff. It was a cool story I plagiarized it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Remember, bots don't need to be especially good or sophisticated to eke out a small profit and ruin small stakes ring games. They just need to be able to beat the bad players. Then through their ability to play massive hours without making mistakes or tilting they will take so much money out of the game, the game is no longer profitable, even if the best players are better than the bots.

I am guessing low stakes full ring Omaha hi-low would be a great game to have a bot play.

Comments

sah_24: Lol at the game no longer being profitable, its more likely you are just not good at poker

Thread Information