Thread: Tiger Woods $85k Bet update...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Tiger Woods $85k Bet update...

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/gambler-...220112274.html

Ok so why is it I smell BS all over this guys story, am I a skeptic, unbeliever or a losing day trader with a mort. two car payments, student debt etc takes everything he can afford to lose and saves $2 to make it to William Hill to make the bet, his FIRST ever by the way. The fact he even knew where to go to start with is funny. What do you think the real story is, just a degen?

PS I was born yesterday

Comments

Sanlmar: Good topic

DirtyErnie: solid

Load Metric
    The sports wagering guys I follow immediately called nonsense too. However, they never offered their own theory. Was he laying a bet for a syndicate, for instance?

The sports grinders with bankroll management, who devote their waking lives to seeking small edges can’t fathom taking your last money and going for broke. Those people exist.

The most public and square bet always was Tiger. No one got larger cardboard checks and their picture taken cause Tiger hadn’t won in 11 years.

People have always bet the mortgage on the Super Bowl etc. Long odds with golf? The public is always attracted to plus money and long shots.

I’m gonna side with “people do degen things”. Most die under a bridge and you never hear that story.

Good for him.

Comments

DonaldTrumpsHairPiece:

nunbeater: agreed

DirtyErnie:
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-17-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Load Metric
    doesn't pass the smell test

Hi Lew!!!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Yeah, it smelled to me as well

You can view his criminal history here. you will have to type in his first and last name (the CCAP system wont let me link directly to the search results)
    Now keep in mind, the search results on CCAP don't highlight his entire criminal history. If he has received anything at the municipal level, the results will not show up. For the most part, results in this system will only show up if it is a "state charge" or a county charge. Hopefully I explained this correctly but if you need me to elaborate, let me know:

There are 17 entries in CCAP on this guy

https://wcca.wicourts.gov/case.html

Platinum
    Load Metric
    im just reading through them now to get an idea

MULTIPLE Disorderly conducts. hit and run, MULTIPLE domestic abuse, multiple DUI's,multiple bail jumping, Battery, criminal damage to property...

Yeah...he really seems like a likely candidate to make a one time $85,000 long shot bet...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I love this line in the article (especially after reading through his criminal history):

Weeks before, he told his wife about wanting to place this wager, and though he faced a little opposition initially: "She said to me, 'I can't stop you from doing this, because if he wins, I'll never forgive myself.' She's a keeper."

LOL "opposition"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Yeah, it smelled to me as well

You can view his criminal history here. you will have to type in his first and last name (the CCAP system wont let me link directly to the search results)
    Now keep in mind, the search results on CCAP don't highlight his entire criminal history. If he has received anything at the municipal level, the results will not show up. For the most part, results in this system will only show up if it is a "state charge" or a county charge. Hopefully I explained this correctly but if you need me to elaborate, let me know:

There are 17 entries in CCAP on this guy

https://wcca.wicourts.gov/case.html
    Please spin me a scenario with shenanigans. I haven’t heard one yet.

The guy had a criminal track record. Are you saying the money was stolen perhaps?

I have this vague memory of a degen that might have called into PFA. This was before we posted love stories and left wing political draft choices. So this was a long time ago and memories fade.

He was a Foxwoods degen who went on heaters. There was prolly some roulette binkage involved.

He had a crew and prolly was a small time local drug dealer. He ends up in and out of jail. It’s a standard story.

The binkage and the heater stories are fun to listen to or read. To lay it all out on one spin is something I am incapable of doing but others have the capacity and the sickness.

Whether this guy appeared on PFA or not there were excellent threads on 2+2 back in the day filled with sick sick runs.

So was this Tiger Woods guy a small time hood? Does that ruin the story for you? Yes it is incomprehensible to us but he ain’t us.

Load Metric
    There is some level of irony that there is suspicion the Tiger Woods bettor was a degen and petty criminal.

Doesn’t that describe Tiger Woods?

Being a degen doesn’t diminish either accomplishment. I think Phil Mickelson needs to weigh in here.

Thread Information