Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any snake experts here? What kind of snake is this?

Load Metric

Any snake experts here? What kind of snake is this?

Name:  snake.1.jpg
Views: 1204
Size:  2.77 MB

Load Metric
    i believe that is a wallenda snake

looks like it ate one of your neighbors cats

Load Metric
    I'm not an expert, but i can rule out.

That's not a ball python. Seen enough rabbits and rats eaten (and the the most memorable shit-taking by a living beast) that I'd recognize that satan anywhere.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    For lack of a definite answer, it kind of looks like some type of a diamondback, maybe an eastern diamondback. Some of the colors look a little off, so maybe not. Im not an expert, just guessing. What state is it in?

Comments

MumblesBadly: The head doesn’t look like the triangular shape of a pit viper. But the coloration looks close.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    For lack of a definite answer, it kind of looks like some type of a diamondback, maybe an eastern diamondback. Some of the colors look a little off, so maybe not. Im not an expert, just guessing. What state is it in?

my first guess was diamondback as well but the state is a key piece of info.

Comments

Gordman: +1
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Probably a pine snake. Coloration, shape, and length about right for Florida pine snake, but difficult to confirm with the grainy profile of the head.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    South Georgia.

The bands look like a rattle snake but it wasn’t that as I got closer and it didn’t have rattles and it also didn’t have the type of head of a poisonous snake.

It damn sure had just eaten something. I’m guessing a squirrel which are everywhere.

Load Metric
    Shocked you didn't cap that motherfucker

Load Metric
    it really looks like an eastern diamond rattlesnake

Comments

Gordman: Thank you. Im glad im not the only one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    South Georgia.

The bands look like a rattle snake but it wasn’t that as I got closer and it didn’t have rattles and it also didn’t have the type of head of a poisonous snake.

It damn sure had just eaten something. I’m guessing a squirrel which are everywhere.
    Makes sense. Florida pine snake range includes southern Georgia.

https://fltws.org/species-spotlight/...ida-pine-snake

Name:  68E899C3-A78F-4B71-B669-318CC2AC1C9C.jpeg
Views: 485
Size:  145.8 KB

Comments

Gordman: Dude, it looks absolutely nothing like a pine snake
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Just glad this wasn't a penis with goggly eyes on it.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    boa constrictor definitely...

Not poisonous, but will kill a human easily, especially one that big. We have them in Florida. Honestly be careful too, because while they arent poisonous they do attack big prey, including humans, and will squeeze you to death. They are growing wild in the everglades, and now more north like Georgia. There's footage out there of them eating entire alligators, imagine what they could do to you if they wrapped up your leg...

Comments

Muck Ficon: LOL. Shut up Garrett

Gordman: Perhaps a Boa Constrictor if Stevie Wonder became a snake expert

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I got you a little help from what I believe and vetted to be a snake expert - a thousand nooses around my head if I'm wrong.

This is a central ratsnake. A non-venomous (which would corroborate Tellafriends note that there is apparently no rattle on the tail) rodent assassin.

(This also goes along with an article i read that briefly mentiones rat snakes as a possibility for the diamond pattern https://animals.mom.me/snakes-brown-...onds-7422.html )

Central Ratsnakes Pantherophis spiloides are large (record 256.5 cm) common harmless ratsnakes with a multitude of regional color patterns native to eastern and central North America between the Appalachian Mountains and the Mississippi River Embayment. Pantherophis ratsnakes are keeled-scaled generalists that eat a variety of prey. They do well in urban environments, and are particularly fond of rodents and birds in these habitats.

Central Ratsnakes P. spiloides are currently recognized as distinct from Eastern Ratsnakes P. alleghaniensis, as well as Western Ratsnakes P. obsoletus. Parts of all three species were once generically labeled "black ratsnakes".

Comments

sonatine:

MumblesBadly: You’ve changed my mind.

garrett: WRONG its 100% a BOA CONSTRICTOR. We both live in the Southeast, you live in what Milwaukee pfft, STFU

Muck Ficon: This is correct

Load Metric
    Def a Gardner Snake from Robert Morris College in Hawaii eating a Pineapple or a Football.

Plz donate my $$$ for the right answer to the next freeroll.

Load Metric
    I got you a little help from what I believe and vetted to be a snake expert - a thousand nooses around my head if I'm wrong.

This is a central ratsnake. A non-venomous (which would corroborate Tellafriends note that there is apparently no rattle on the tail) rodent assassin.

(This also goes along with an article i read that briefly mentiones rat snakes as a possibility for the diamond pattern https://animals.mom.me/snakes-brown-...onds-7422.html )

Central Ratsnakes Pantherophis spiloides are large (record 256.5 cm) common harmless ratsnakes with a multitude of regional color patterns native to eastern and central North America between the Appalachian Mountains and the Mississippi River Embayment. Pantherophis ratsnakes are keeled-scaled generalists that eat a variety of prey. They do well in urban environments, and are particularly fond of rodents and birds in these habitats.

Central Ratsnakes P. spiloides are currently recognized as distinct from Eastern Ratsnakes P. alleghaniensis, as well as Western Ratsnakes P. obsoletus. Parts of all three species were once generically labeled "black ratsnakes".
    Name:  11708FC5-7057-412F-9724-2319A00B6D64.gif
Views: 509
Size:  920.5 KB

Comments

garrett: For a WRONG ANSWER??? its a fucking BOA CONSTRICTOR man you all are fucking dumb!

1marley1: It’s a rat snake

Load Metric

Seems cogent. Thank you for your help Gordo!

Name:  goodjob.gif
Views: 860
Size:  1.08 MB

Comments

Gordman:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Seems cogent. Thank you for your help Gordo!

Name:  goodjob.gif
Views: 860
Size:  1.08 MB
    WOW... are you really this fucking stupid, LMAO, and you're an attorney???

It's a fucking BOA CONSTRICTOR. Google it for yourself you stupid motherfucker...

WOW this forum is beyond retarded!

Comments

MumblesBadly: Not a boa constrictor, bud. Not even close.

Muck Ficon: You really are clueless...stick to driving a taxi...

1marley1: It’s a rat snake

nunbeater: fucking drrrrrp

Load Metric
    Who cares what kind, its called a stay the fuck away from snake.

Comments

sah_24: I am with her ... shoot it
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Shocked you didn't cap that motherfucker
    Why? Fucker, as evidenced by the picture, is taking out vermin. Leave him the fuck alone and they will do the same.

If it’s proven poisonous then I say go ahead and kill it so it doesn’t kill someone who may not see it coming or reproduce. Short of that - live and let live.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Gordman: This is true

Tellafriend: Ditto

nunbeater: good guy snek

Thread Information