Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kicking & screaming Julian Assange dragged out of Ecuadorian Embassy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

If espionage is illegal, may as well disband your CIA.
    They kill/imprison CIA agents and informants all the time. I don't know if it's as common as it was during the cold war, but it's clearly still happening. Oh and governments don't do it to their own spies (that often at least). That's kinda how espionage works. US just didn't care enough about Assenge to have him assassinated. Anyways Spying is still frowned upon. Hiding in plain sight only keeps you safe for so long.
    I was being a little facetious with that final comment. Obviously the CIA is a law upon itself, has absolutely no regard for the law of the US and other countries they spy upon.... including allies.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

They kill/imprison CIA agents and informants all the time. I don't know if it's as common as it was during the cold war, but it's clearly still happening. Oh and governments don't do it to their own spies (that often at least). That's kinda how espionage works. US just didn't care enough about Assenge to have him assassinated. Anyways Spying is still frowned upon. Hiding in plain sight only keeps you safe for so long.
    I was being a little facetious with that final comment. Obviously the CIA is a law upon itself, has absolutely no regard for the law of the US and other countries they spy upon.... including allies.
    Oh everyone spies each other. And i'd be more disturb about CIAs activities if they didn't have their Russian and Chinese counterparts. In many ways they all do the same. The Western half is just slightly more subtle and nicer about all things murdery. The western European agencies dodge most of the flack by not being one of the big three. The African and Asian secret police equivalents are just smaller and less relevant on their own even though by all standards among them are likely the most Stasiesque agencies.

Comments

Salty_Aus: Yup, they all do it. Intelligence agencies have always been a law upon themselves. Just highlighting the hypocrisy.

Thread Information