Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latvian bot on ACR malfunctions heads up in tournament, folds every hand pre

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    the cringe is on ... idk how much more I can take listening to Nagy

https://www.twitch.tv/americascardroom

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    the cringe is on ... idk how much more I can take listening to Nagy
    kinda figured it was gonna be pretty bad...

I mean this shit isn't rocket science...just profile all the players who play a bunch from the shit 3rd world soviet bloc countries...see if you see anything strange about those accounts...i'd be willing to bet that would solve a nice chunk of the issue...

FWIW, ive been getting more of the 'click on the black dot' popups in recent weeks...wonder if those have caught anything...

Load Metric
    It is getting hard to watch. Phil: "I've hated you for a long time" to Joey. Then he's thanking him a minute later...good God.

Phil is very all-over the place. It's almost like he knows he has to do this, but he's almost blaming Joey for the manner in which he brought this to the forefront.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here it is:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I watched most of it earlier and their was so much repetition it got a bit annoying.

As for each ones demeanor Phil admitted he fucked up but what really struck him the wrong way is when Joey used the word "superuser" which Phil says he takes seriously because even though they have admittedly not handled stuff well he's no thief.

Joey asked him the questions and didn't throw as many softballs as I thought he would but perhaps could have pushed some things more.

It felt as if both guys had brainstormed what each person was going to say on several things in order to give a somewhat "rehearsed" answer. This is fine as people who are the interviewer and interviewed do this regularly in life but I wish someone was puzzled a lot more as to a response. Their were a few times each might have been a little stumped but nothing too crazy.

We'll see in the upcoming months if things get better over there. It sounds like they are lacking the manpower but intend to commit to cleaning things up at least for the time being.

I still think had FoxRox not malfunctioned things would be business as usual over there with bots continuing on but this video proof was too much to ignore.

Comments

DirtyErnie:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Good analysis, BeerAndPoker.

I mostly agree with what you wrote above.

I think Nagy felt forced to take some kind of extreme action in order to calm the angry mob regarding the FoxRox scandal.

So he decided to appear on Joey's show, and appear like he's willing to face his toughest critic.

It was funny to watch all the wrangling at the beginning regarding the term "superuser" -- a term adapted to poker by me in 2007, to first describe the Absolute Poker cheating. The term itself is a computer science term describing an account on a system with administrative privileges, but I adapted it to poker when first reporting the AP cheating, referring to it as a player who can see your hole cards. It caught on and quickly became the accepted term. When I hear it being thrown about so commonly over the past 12 years, I sometimes wonder what term they'd be using if I were never part of poker.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I didnt watch. What interests me tho is a bot got heads up with a huge stack in a mtt. Is this common? Always thought bots were more of cash game machine.

Load Metric
    I don't think this bot malfunctioned, I don't think its creator ever thought these things would ever get heads up and if it did it'd report the operator running it and dude was asleep at the wheel.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Two more bots shutdown today.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have plenty under investigation and close down a few a week instead of 25, 50, etc. right now since this will show long term proactiveness.

Load Metric
    So is Phil Nagey actually a thief? He was called out for bots stealing from the poker community and responded by pulling out of 2 plus 2 forum without addressing those issues. I think along the way he stated that if he got rid of all the bots on the site then acr would be depleted significantly of its player base. The bots generated so much rake he looked the other way until it was proven how bot infested the site was. They don't even show what cards a player has on showdown , plus the late registration and 8 hour tournaments are not an attractive option.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 05-02-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    All that work Joey put into finding bots and this is the kind of refund they gave him. I don't know whether to laugh at how outrageously low this is or to shake my head in disgust.

Comments

sah_24: Lol Phil just straight trolling the shit out of him ... lol WPN

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post
    I don't think this bot malfunctioned, I don't think its creator ever thought these things would ever get heads up and if it did it'd report the operator running it and dude was asleep at the wheel.
    Yeah. Seems the bot was just programmed to play super tight and not take blinds/chip stacks into account at all, and not play the small blind at all without a monster, which became a problem when the small blind became the button heads up.

Maybe this was a bot that was programmed for live ring games, and they discovered it was +EV in small tourneys even with this suboptimal strategy until short handed, when a human was supposed to take over.

Thread Information