Page 91 of 223 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by diggydow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    guys please diggy is super busy organizing her political future or something and he needs his hands free to carry all the white grease paint and red wigs.
    You conduct yourself like a high school mean girl w/out any real interest in getting to the truth, whereas Blake makes good-faith attempts to understand the truth + what others are actually thinking.

You strawman everyone who disagrees w/ you and refuse to acknowledge rebuttals, instead painting those in disagreement as Russian spies, or cult members, or crazy people.

You conduct yourself without honor, and reveal your true self in your anonymity.

But we love him anyway. Tine is consistent, have to give him that.

Comments

SPIT this: Love is love

sonatine: i like to consider myself 'on brand'

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

I think she meant that his actions were impeachable but then the investigation became an unfocused, wide-ranging, partisan circus, so she wouldn't vote for it.

Why do you think she voted Present?
    let's look at her explanation for not voting in favor of impeachment:

"I also could not in good conscience vote for impeachment because removal of a sitting President must not be the culmination of a partisan process"

i was a fan of hers. she's not an idiot. she knows that any impeachment of donald trump is going to be partisan, regardless of what he's been accused of. does she really mean that she would never vote for impeachment under any circumstances?

she's also using false equivalence to compare the democrats with the republicans. republicans will not even address the substance of what trump's been accused of. meanwhile trump's conduct is undisputed.

assuming that tulsi knows these things, which she does, the possible reasons for her actions become more troubling.

at best, she pulled the present vote out because it gives her wiggle room to keep her future career options open.

at worst, she already has a deal with fox or is planning a 3rd party run. her announcement that she's not seeking reelection to the house even though she has zero chance of getting the dem nomination certainly raises some questions, no?

Or she’s running to the middle.

20% think he should be locked up.
    20% think it’s complete and total bullshit and Biden should be locked up
    60% think the truth is somewhere between the above two and the whole thing is bad political theater.

I respect her for trying to give “the middle” a shout out in the middle of this even if it’s in her self interest.

Load Metric
    guys please diggy is super busy organizing her political future or something and he needs his hands free to carry all the white grease paint and red wigs.
    You conduct yourself like a high school mean girl w/out any real interest in getting to the truth, whereas Blake makes good-faith attempts to understand the truth + what others are actually thinking.

You strawman everyone who disagrees w/ you and refuse to acknowledge rebuttals, instead painting those in disagreement as Russian spies, or cult members, or crazy people.

You conduct yourself without honor, and reveal your true self in your anonymity.
    One of my regrets is that I don’t have a collection of “The Best of Sonatine”.

Druff revealed he was working on this independent of me. An e-reader was proposed. He wanted to use the proceeds to fund an off Broadway musical based on his life and bracelets

Ex Team PokerStars Pro Vicky Coren (Mitchell) threatened Druff with an injunction as she already wrote and staged “A Lump In My Throat in 2000 and later broadcast on BBC in 2001.

he needs his hands free to carry all the white grease paint and red wigs
    amazing. Tine is just flexing at your expense. He needs his exercise

I peeked in on SrslySirius and he was going on about Vicky Coren and I’m a huge fan too. Loved her book from back in the day. She led an interesting life and is funny as shit. Right up there with ‘tine.

Predictably, she told PStars to get bent. Girl has a code.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-19-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Load Metric
    Disagree? https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1207753618935308288

(Sorry Blake, I will respond to you shortly.)

Load Metric

She’s going to come out of this looking the best of the bunch over time.

Load Metric

that was well said and is the kind of talk that drew me to her from the outset, but i disagree with her.

i view trump's actions of refusing to give military aid to ukraine unless they helped him win an election as flatout treasonous. reminder that he only released the aid when there was a report of a whistleblower.

because that is so absurdly disloyal to his office, impeachment is a no-brainer to me.

i can't support tulsi falsely equating the democrats with republicans here. this falsely minimizes what trump did and couldn't play better as a GOP made-up talking point.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    GOOD POST, 6TOEDTINE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    diggy any truth to the rumor that tulsi was legit raised in a weird religious cult?

Load Metric

Comments

gauchojake: Thanks Trashboat

Load Metric
    All the tards are clogging up traffic near LMU this afternoon

Load Metric
    also tulsi dies her hair and has terrible skin.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    makes me wonder if diggy has terrible skin and dies his hair.

Comments

diggydow: you did get me - plz don't mention the grey streak

Load Metric
    tbh.

Load Metric
    "As Democrats we should be representing the views of the people, not a small number of homosexual extremists."

—Tulsi Gabbard, 2004

Load Metric

I think she meant that his actions were impeachable but then the investigation became an unfocused, wide-ranging, partisan circus, so she wouldn't vote for it.

Why do you think she voted Present?
    let's look at her explanation for not voting in favor of impeachment:

"I also could not in good conscience vote for impeachment because removal of a sitting President must not be the culmination of a partisan process"

i was a fan of hers. she's not an idiot. she knows that any impeachment of donald trump is going to be partisan, regardless of what he's been accused of. does she really mean that she would never vote for impeachment under any circumstances?

she's also using false equivalence to compare the democrats with the republicans. republicans will not even address the substance of what trump's been accused of. meanwhile trump's conduct is undisputed.

assuming that tulsi knows these things, which she does, the possible reasons for her actions become more troubling.

at best, she pulled the present vote out because it gives her wiggle room to keep her future career options open.

at worst, she already has a deal with fox or is planning a 3rd party run. her announcement that she's not seeking reelection to the house even though she has zero chance of getting the dem nomination certainly raises some questions, no?
    Her point was that the scope of the investigation became wide-ranging and partisan, w/ Trump being accused of being a traitor + attention being drawn to his Russia bullshit, which had nothing to do w/ the case.

I have no idea where the Fox speculation comes from, besides that it's propaganda that's been planted into your mind and you've slowly come to believe it w/out evidence.

And I don't know why you insist on claiming she has zero chance of getting the nomination. Kerry was at 4% at this point, as was Carter, as was Clinton (Clinton was a little higher).

Load Metric

that was well said and is the kind of talk that drew me to her from the outset, but i disagree with her.

i view trump's actions of refusing to give military aid to ukraine unless they helped him win an election as flatout treasonous. reminder that he only released the aid when there was a report of a whistleblower.

because that is so absurdly disloyal to his office, impeachment is a no-brainer to me.

i can't support tulsi falsely equating the democrats with republicans here. this falsely minimizes what trump did and couldn't play better as a GOP made-up talking point.
    The Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. Both corrupt, corporatist parties. They couldn't keep the impeachment inquiry narrow, and instead expanded it to an overall indictment of everything Trump, basically admitting that it was to overturn the 2016 election result.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    boomer comics
    Tulsi has said that if atrocities are happening elsewhere, the US should join w/ other countries in a coalition to stop them, instead of constantly taking unilateral action that somehow, coincidentally, aligns w/ corporate interests every time.

That, and it's interesting that nobody cares that HRC and Obama were both against gay marriage, and that Tulsi came out in favor of it before either of them.

Load Metric
    diggy any truth to the rumor that tulsi was legit raised in a weird religious cult?
    That is true, and she won't disavow it, because she's still attached. It would concern me if I saw it impacting her legislation / policies in any single way, but I haven't. That, and anyone who actually believes in Christianity or whatever is also part of a cult.

Cult + Time = Religion

Thread Information