Page 90 of 223 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by diggydow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    she refused to vote on impeachment. it’s the definition of cowardice and you know this.

what will your reaction be when she goes straight to fox news? obv she is now dead to democrats. after months of volunteering for her, is this a cognitive dissonance thing, where you can’t admit what you see happening?
    99% of Democrats vote for something stupid that is guaranteed to backfire and get Trump re-elected

Tulsi goes against her entire party and doesn’t vote for it and gets nothing but shit thrown at her for it

= "she’s a coward"
    So why didn't she vote against it if it's so bad?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    fucking over her constituents took a lot of balls, in that regard it was a very tough thing to do i suppose.

amoral, disturbing, irresponsible also play.
    It has nothing to do with her constituents, wine aunt.

Continue your brazen misrepresentation of the entire situation + Tulsi's position, and continue ignoring her press release, in which she clearly explains her vote.

ohhhh sorry, i just kinda assumed that doing her job had everything to do with representing the people who elected her. but i guess her job is whatever fox news says it is, sooOOOoooOooooo
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    It turned into completely unfocused partisan bullshit, yes.

Load Metric
    I'm organizing volunteers to go from NYC -> NH this weekend, and we don't see it as a waste of time at all.

I'm sure you can understand why this vote was courageous and embodies her leadership, no?
    if she didn't think impeachment was a good idea, wouldn't it have been more courageous to vote "no"?

do you ever disagree with her or nah?

Load Metric
    I'm organizing volunteers to go from NYC -> NH this weekend, and we don't see it as a waste of time at all.

I'm sure you can understand why this vote was courageous and embodies her leadership, no?
    if she didn't think impeachment was a good idea, wouldn't it have been more courageous to vote "no"?

in before cultspeak

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    It turned into completely unfocused partisan bullshit, yes.
    these words are gibberish. by this standard, since everything in 2019 is partisan, tulsi wouldn't vote for impeachment regardless of what trump has done.

trump was literally caught extorting the ukraine into digging up dirt on his political rival and the GOP backed him up 100%

Load Metric

She explained already in what I already posted, and you're acting like you're still confused.

I actually don't have a strong view on this impeachment thing, but have seen such bad-faith takes on Tulsi's motives that I felt compelled to speak out.

I do disagree w/ Tulsi on many things, like: internet gambling (she even answered my Q about it, and I didn't like the answer at all), not being even more strict on guns, and tilting easily when you mention her religion.

Load Metric

in before cultspeak
    "Everything not in line with the military industrial complex and MSM status quo is evil and cultish."

Name:  zzz.png
Views: 199
Size:  6.2 KB

Load Metric

in before cultspeak

dont trip over your tulsi(tm) robe.

Load Metric

She explained already in what I already posted, and you're acting like you're still confused.

I actually don't have a strong view on this impeachment thing, but have seen such bad-faith takes on Tulsi's motives that I felt compelled to speak out.

I do disagree w/ Tulsi on many things, like: internet gambling (she even answered my Q about it, and I didn't like the answer at all), not being even more strict on guns, and tilting easily when you mention her religion.
    her explanation was bad though, diggy. it was really, really bad. she said i don't think we should impeach him, so i'll vote present instead of no. #VotePresentLikeTulsi

Load Metric
    also blake please stop acting confused and blindly accept some shit she said.

Load Metric

Do you understand that her vote was a gift to Republicans and Putin and a dagger to Democrats?

Not very Aloha imo.

Comments

sonatine: on fire

Load Metric
    guys please diggy is super busy organizing her political future or something and he needs his hands free to carry all the white grease paint and red wigs.

Comments

blake: classic

Load Metric
    guys please diggy is super busy organizing her political future or something and he needs his hands free to carry all the white grease paint and red wigs.
    You conduct yourself like a high school mean girl w/out any real interest in getting to the truth, whereas Blake makes good-faith attempts to understand the truth + what others are actually thinking.

You strawman everyone who disagrees w/ you and refuse to acknowledge rebuttals, instead painting those in disagreement as Russian spies, or cult members, or crazy people.

You conduct yourself without honor, and reveal your true self in your anonymity.

Load Metric

her explanation was bad though, diggy. it was really, really bad. she said i don't think we should impeach him, so i'll vote present instead of no. #VotePresentLikeTulsi
    I think she meant that his actions were impeachable but then the investigation became an unfocused, wide-ranging, partisan circus, so she wouldn't vote for it.

Why do you think she voted Present?

Load Metric
    i definitely dont comport myself with the type of honor that green lights a psychopathic dictator's reign by refusing to hold him accountable, thats correct.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Just spit balling here but I wonder what would happen if the house held on to the impeachment docs until after the 2020 election. Is it possible that they take over the Senate and then send the articles to the Senate. Also, if they wait that long and Trump gets re-elected would they then still be able to try and remove him even though he would be working under a new term?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Just spit balling here but I wonder what would happen if the house held on to the impeachment docs until after the 2020 election. Is it possible that they take over the Senate and then send the articles to the Senate. Also, if they wait that long and Trump gets re-elected would they then still be able to try and remove him even though he would be working under a new term?
    Maybe? Chances of Trump winning + Dem taking the Senate in 2020 seems very unlikely. From what I've read, 2022 mid terms is a lot more favorable for Dem Senate majority. Interesting scenario though.

Also Pelosi kind of walked back the whole 'we're holding these till we get something we consider fair' this morning. It's now 'we just want to know the plan so we know who to choose to represent the house. The big question is whether or not to pick Justin Amash as part of the 'prosecution'. I bet Amash and Pelosi wish he didn't switch from 'R' to 'I' so they could claim bipartisan support.

Load Metric

I think she meant that his actions were impeachable but then the investigation became an unfocused, wide-ranging, partisan circus, so she wouldn't vote for it.

Why do you think she voted Present?
    let's look at her explanation for not voting in favor of impeachment:

"I also could not in good conscience vote for impeachment because removal of a sitting President must not be the culmination of a partisan process"

i was a fan of hers. she's not an idiot. she knows that any impeachment of donald trump is going to be partisan, regardless of what he's been accused of. does she really mean that she would never vote for impeachment under any circumstances?

she's also using false equivalence to compare the democrats with the republicans. republicans will not even address the substance of what trump's been accused of. meanwhile trump's conduct is undisputed.

assuming that tulsi knows these things, which she does, the possible reasons for her actions become more troubling.

at best, she pulled the present vote out because it gives her wiggle room to keep her future career options open.

at worst, she already has a deal with fox or is planning a 3rd party run. her announcement that she's not seeking reelection to the house even though she has zero chance of getting the dem nomination certainly raises some questions, no?

Load Metric
    Pelosi waiting for the hard R tape to drop.

Gonna be a chart topper, imo.

Thread Information