Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 537

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

  1. #121
    Gold MrTickle's Avatar
    Reputation
    327
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,188
    Biden is in the pocket of big Pharma and has some questionable views on race. He is just an old frat boy. Please not Joe.

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: :this

  2. #122
    Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Reputation
    427
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,213
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Biden is in the pocket of big Pharma and has some questionable views on race. He is just an old frat boy. Please not Joe.
    So you're comfortable with 4 more years of Trump then?

     
    Comments
      
      blake:
      
      MumblesBadly: Stupid question. Biden has’

  3. #123
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -117
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    6,819
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    I am much more hardline about british politics because then Overton window is so much further left I wouldnít ever vote for a centre-left candidate to lead the party. However, in the US, I think the democrats need to forget ideological purity and just focus on who can actually beat Trump. Let Congress worry about the other stuff.
    unfortunately our primary system forces our candidates to take ridiculous positions so that they could go farther left or farther right than the other candidates. primary voters in the US are crazier than the independent voters in the general election. this causes our candidates to get tripped up over meaningless issues that would hurt them with independent voters (eg, bernie sanders and his inmates must be permitted to vote stance).

    guys like mumbles, for example, would always choose the most progressive candidate regardless of electability
    No, I wouldnít. I wanted Hillary to defeat Trump in 2016, while some Bernie-or-Bust folks I knew back then voted for Jill Stein as a protest vote. Meaning, Iím progressive but not impractical.

    But separate from the policies Sanders promotes, I would love it if Sanders won simply to troll the rightwingers who hated him for his ethnicity. And because I see Sanders as a kind of modern day version of the Old Trstament prophets who railed about the corruption and heartlessness of the powers-that-be back in the day.

    Plus, Iíll have a great reason to post a fetching rendition of a celebratory song that I ran across a few days ago. But Iíll keep it under wraps till then.
     
    Or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

    unfortunately our primary system forces our candidates to take ridiculous positions so that they could go farther left or farther right than the other candidates. primary voters in the US are crazier than the independent voters in the general election. this causes our candidates to get tripped up over meaningless issues that would hurt them with independent voters (eg, bernie sanders and his inmates must be permitted to vote stance).

    guys like mumbles, for example, would always choose the most progressive candidate regardless of electability
    No, I wouldnít. I wanted Hillary to defeat Trump in 2016, while some Bernie-or-Bust folks I knew back then voted for Jill Stein as a protest vote. Meaning, Iím progressive but not impractical.

    But separate from the policies Sanders promotes, I would love it if Sanders won simply to troll the rightwingers who hated him for his ethnicity. And because I see Sanders as a kind of modern day version of the Old Trstament prophets who railed about the corruption and heartlessness of the powers-that-be back in the day.

    Plus, Iíll have a great reason to post a fetching rendition of a celebratory song that I ran across a few days ago. But Iíll keep it under wraps till then.
     
    Or not.

    mumbles, i was obviously referring to who you would vote for in the primary, not the general. my whole point was that primary voters such as yourself care nothing about electability, which is why our candidates take such hilariously ridiculous positions during the primary season, which ends up fucking them when it's general election time.

  5. #125
    remember when democrat voters chose the electibility of hillary clinton over bernie sanders
    eventhough most of the polls showed sanders would do better against every republican candidate

    Name:  cam-ron.gif
Views: 119
Size:  1.87 MB

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: Boom!

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsSatire View Post
    remember when democrat voters chose the electibility of hillary clinton over bernie sanders
    eventhough most of the polls showed sanders would do better against every republican candidate

    Name:  cam-ron.gif
Views: 119
Size:  1.87 MB
    i kind of see your point, though hillary was one of the least electable people in history

  7. #127
    I hate to jump on the cnn is fake news bandwagon but absolutely ridiculous how they are targeting Bernie. Really is a horrible time to be a leftist in america.



    Seems like was staged for elizabeth warren



    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 04-25-2019 at 03:42 PM.

  8. #128
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -117
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    6,819
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

    No, I wouldn’t. I wanted Hillary to defeat Trump in 2016, while some Bernie-or-Bust folks I knew back then voted for Jill Stein as a protest vote. Meaning, I’m progressive but not impractical.

    But separate from the policies Sanders promotes, I would love it if Sanders won simply to troll the rightwingers who hated him for his ethnicity. And because I see Sanders as a kind of modern day version of the Old Trstament prophets who railed about the corruption and heartlessness of the powers-that-be back in the day.

    Plus, I’ll have a great reason to post a fetching rendition of a celebratory song that I ran across a few days ago. But I’ll keep it under wraps till then.
     
    Or not.

    mumbles, i was obviously referring to who you would vote for in the primary, not the general. my whole point was that primary voters such as yourself care nothing about electability, which is why our candidates take such hilariously ridiculous positions during the primary season, which ends up fucking them when it's general election time.
    Not true again. What you describe happens in the modern GOP because the religious extremists within the party have been the most consistently politically active in the primaries since the religious right forced George H. W. Bush to flip-flop on abortion rights in ‘92 to beat back a very strong challenge from Pat Buchanan on that issue. And the Tea Party movement even cost the GOP a number of seats in Congress in recent years because of the wackos they rallied to face the Dems in the general election.

    Meanwhile, the progressive wing of the Dem party has helped the Dems take back seats away from the Republicans after defeating their establishment Dem opponents in the primaries. Progressives contributed substantially to the Dems winning back 40 seats in the House last year, as well as galvanizing lots of younger voters to be more politically active.

    Lastly, I believe that Bernie has a good chance of winning the Dem Party nod (albeit not as good with Joe Biden definitely in the race), and then also go on to beating Trump next year. But more importantly, I believe that Sanders is so effective in communicating a progressive message that his candidacy for the presidency is moving the Overton window on a number of key issue. This is demonstrated by his effectiveness in the recent Fox News town hall, as well as on CNN’s more recent one, even when in the latter one he asked a ridiculously loaded question by a closeted Republican-lite/Centrist who tried to smear him as a Soviet-style communist.

    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 04-25-2019 at 04:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  9. #129
    biden's taking the nomination though and is probably the only candidate that trump is worried about losing to in PA, wisconsin and michigan

     
    Comments
      
      tony bagadonuts:
      
      MumblesBadly: Wrong: Sanders tops Trump in those states per internal polling.

  10. #130
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4576
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,733
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    I hate to jump on the cnn is fake news bandwagon but absolutely ridiculous how they are targeting Bernie. Really is a horrible time to be a leftist in america.
    I disagree with this being a horrible time to be a leftist in America. It's probably the best time for that.

    However, I will agree that the DNC hates Bernie because they don't see him as one of their own. Since CNN does the bidding for the DNC, they constantly rig shit against Bernie.

    I agree it's bullshit and totally unfair, but Democrats aren't making enough noise about it, so it continues.

  11. #131
    Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Reputation
    427
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,213
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsSatire View Post
    remember when democrat voters chose the electibility of hillary clinton over bernie sanders
    eventhough most of the polls showed sanders would do better against every republican candidate

    Name:  cam-ron.gif
Views: 119
Size:  1.87 MB
    No

  12. #132
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4576
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,733
    Blog Entries
    2
    Trump is the perfect person for Biden to take on, because Trump's tendency to say stupid things cancels out Biden's tendency to say stupid things.

    Biden is very old, but Trump is also old.

    So Biden's biggest weaknesses aren't as glaring when facing Trump.

    However, he's an old, white, establishment politician, and he probably won't excite the base.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Trump is the perfect person for Biden to take on, because Trump's tendency to say stupid things cancels out Biden's tendency to say stupid things.

    Biden is very old, but Trump is also old.

    So Biden's biggest weaknesses aren't as glaring when facing Trump.

    However, he's an old, white, establishment politician, and he probably won't excite the base.

    Biden wonít be the nominee. Is there a site you can bet this? What are the odds? He wonít excite anyone. Trump will demolish him at this point. Probably not last time.

  14. #134
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4576
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,733
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Trump is the perfect person for Biden to take on, because Trump's tendency to say stupid things cancels out Biden's tendency to say stupid things.

    Biden is very old, but Trump is also old.

    So Biden's biggest weaknesses aren't as glaring when facing Trump.

    However, he's an old, white, establishment politician, and he probably won't excite the base.

    Biden wonít be the nominee. Is there a site you can bet this? What are the odds? He wonít excite anyone. Trump will demolish him at this point. Probably not last time.
    Some sportsbooks offer these futures bets, and there's a legal US site called PredictIt which is more of a market-based betting site (you're betting against other users, basically), but the fees are terrrrrrrrrible. I've actually done very well on PredictIt with my bets, but I've only made a limited amount of money due to the rake.

  15. #135
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4576
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,733
    Blog Entries
    2
    Anyway Biden could be dangerous because, last I checked, he still had that working class swing voter appeal -- which is exactly what Hillary did NOT have, and what some of the leftist current candidates also do not have.

    Trump is going to have to win with those voters again if he wants the Presidency for another 4 years.

  16. #136
    80,000 white working class votes in pennsylvania, michigan and wisconsin won trump the election in 2016

    biden stomps trump in pa obv

    i wouldn't bet against trump cause i've proven to be awful at predicting, but it would not surprise me if biden makes up the difference in michigan and wisconsin, too.

  17. #137
    i'll tell you now, though. unless the nomination goes to tulsi, if the dems "me too" biden out of the race, i'll put a MAGA sign on my front lawn and go door to door campaigning for trump

  18. #138
    obv not really as nita would castrate me in my sleep, but you know what i'm saying.

  19. #139
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4576
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,733
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    80,000 white working class votes in pennsylvania, michigan and wisconsin won trump the election in 2016

    biden stomps trump in pa obv

    i wouldn't bet against trump cause i've proven to be awful at predicting, but it would not surprise me if biden makes up the difference in michigan and wisconsin, too.
    Yeah.

    What people are missing is that the leftist candidates pushing Medicare For All, reparations, college loan forgiveness, and full term abortion rights are NOT going to win over this group of working class voters who went Trump in 2016. This will appear batshit crazy to those voters. Someone like Biden can put all that shit aside and appeal more to those swing voters, and he already is popular with them.

     
    Comments
      
      tony bagadonuts: Correct

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i'll tell you now, though. unless the nomination goes to tulsi, if the dems "me too" biden out of the race, i'll put a MAGA sign on my front lawn and go door to door campaigning for trump
    I don't follow politics but from the little I have seen this is as much of a lock as the pats rolling through the playoffs damn near every year...

    literally amazing the self destruction that is politics...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)

  1. nightmarefish,
  2. thesidedish

Similar Threads

  1. Give me the lowdown on the presidential race
    By Sloppy Joe in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-02-2019, 02:45 PM
  2. My nomination for world's greatest MILF
    By CrackPipes and Kakfights in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2017, 06:16 PM
  3. Replies: 435
    Last Post: 11-05-2016, 09:45 AM
  4. Replies: 59
    Last Post: 04-21-2016, 02:57 PM
  5. CNN Democratic Debate Poll Thread
    By Tyde in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-15-2016, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •