Page 69 of 223 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

SJW aren't scammers. They are people that are constantly looking for reasons to attack the "other side" and aren't aware of their obvious bias - any time a minority is attacked they jump to the conclusion that it must be because of racism/bigotry.

You are constantly looking for reasons to attack "the other side" and you're not aware of your obvious bias - any time White, Straight Males are attacked, you jump to the conclusion that it must be because of SJWs. That makes you a SJWW.

Sometimes you're right.

Sometimes the SJWs are right.

But you're both blinded by your bias and an equal cancer to the industry.
    What are you talking about? I never blindly defend white straight males. I will only defend them if I feel they're actually right. Can you show even one example where I wrongly claimed that a white, straight male was being attacked for simply being a white, straight male? The times I've blamed SJWs are when it's obvious they're heavily involved.

Yes, I criticize Democrats a lot, but don't you criticize Republicans all the time? What does that make you? Everything you're saying about me could also apply to you and any other partisan on the forum.
    i think your criticism of the snl skit, which was god, is an example of your reflexive anti-sjw stance that you can't see.

i don't discount it entirely, but buttgieg being gay is about 5% of the reason he's polling so poorly with black people. snl's "just look at me" joke was basically correct.

you do seem unwilling to criticize republicans, which is odd. i didn't think you were like this before. i also didn't think trump would be a president you'd like, so my read on you is way waaay off.

Load Metric
    Sen. Elizabeth Warren's support among Democratic primary voters nationwide plunged 50 percent over the past month, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll, signaling that the shake-ups in the primary field are far from over.

Former Vice President Joe Biden has retaken the lead in the poll after an autumn that saw him surrender his solid frontrunner status, climbing 3 points to earn 24 percent in the poll. Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Ind., surged into second, rising 6 points to 16 percent, with Warren and Sen. Bernie Sanders not far behind at 14 and 13 percent, respectively.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...bs-poll-074054

UHOH MUMBLES

Comments

MumblesBadly: Yeah. She too progressive for too many in party, but not credible to Bernie fans to get them to switch their support to her.

Load Metric
    black twitters hostility towards buttl is awe inspiring in its single minded stupidity.

like literally they hate him because he had the audacity to suggest young black people need to see evidence that giving a shit about school is in their best interests and they just dont.

that was too spicy a take for black twitter.

this reminds me some other situation and i forget what the particulars were but it involved oprah saying 'black america has a real problem with non-black people airing its dirty laundry' and its literally whats sinking his campaign rn.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    black twitters hostility towards buttl is awe inspiring in its single minded stupidity.

like literally they hate him because he had the audacity to suggest young black people need to see evidence that giving a shit about school is in their best interests and they just dont.

this reminds me some other situation and i forget what the particulars were but it involved oprah saying 'black america has a real problem with non-black people airing its dirty laundry' and its literally whats sinking his campaign rn.

surprising follow up

https://www.theroot.com/pete-buttigi...ned-1840055464
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

His campaign is surging not sinking. Lizzy Warren is absolutely dreadful and old weird Bernie has no chance.

It's still Biden's race to lose.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

surprising follow up

https://www.theroot.com/pete-buttigi...ned-1840055464

Smart move for Buttigieg himself to call the author. Immediately diffuses the situation. It's easier to trash a major political candidate until the person calls you and speaks to you calmly and respectfully. At that point, the fire leaves your belly.

Buttigieg didn't get this far by being stupid.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If militant black twitter hates Buttigeg than that is good enough for me.

He is my front-runner.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Crawling out from under your rock to show your racism. Why am I not surprised?

Diamond
    Load Metric

Smart move for Buttigieg himself to call the author. Immediately diffuses the situation. It's easier to trash a major political candidate until the person calls you and speaks to you calmly and respectfully. At that point, the fire leaves your belly.

Buttigieg didn't get this far by being stupid.

This guy is a sensationalist obnoxious piece of shit. The statistics he mention about Black unemployment being 2x more than white unemployment is listed as such:

In 2016, the unemployment rate for White graduates ages 35 to 44 whose highest degree was a bachelor’s degree was lower than that for Black graduates (2.7 percent and 5.1 percent, respectively).

Last time I checked most graduate at age 21, so these numbers are from people who are 14-23 years removed from college. That can take a lot into consideration and I question these statistics.

I don't know about his other claims about access to technology, but in NY, minority schools get tons and tons of funding. Kids as early as Elementary School have tons of access to new technology and learning materials. They have fucking 3D printers for Christ sakes. They have additional tutoring opportunities outside of class and professionals they can talk to. These are 11 and 12 year olds. I know this because my best friends fiancee is an AP at a school with a large minority student population.

“A mediocre white kid with mediocre intelligence and mediocre parents can easily make it in America,” I explained, blackly. “A smart black kid with smart parents and a supportive community still has to fight every day to hope to reach the levels of what a mediocre white man accomplishes. And, odds are, they still might not make it.”

This is horseshit and it insults all the successful black guys that I know that did what they were supposed to and got ahead. Capitalism is the antithesis to racism.

The way he ended the article is even asinine. But tine is 100% right. Black people don't want to hear shit from white people if it isn't how racism is the problem.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

What are you talking about? I never blindly defend white straight males. I will only defend them if I feel they're actually right. Can you show even one example where I wrongly claimed that a white, straight male was being attacked for simply being a white, straight male? The times I've blamed SJWs are when it's obvious they're heavily involved.

Yes, I criticize Democrats a lot, but don't you criticize Republicans all the time? What does that make you? Everything you're saying about me could also apply to you and any other partisan on the forum.
    i think your criticism of the snl skit, which was god, is an example of your reflexive anti-sjw stance that you can't see.

i don't discount it entirely, but buttgieg being gay is about 5% of the reason he's polling so poorly with black people. snl's "just look at me" joke was basically correct.

you do seem unwilling to criticize republicans, which is odd. i didn't think you were like this before. i also didn't think trump would be a president you'd like, so my read on you is way waaay off.
    They did focus groups where many of the black people said that they wouldn't vote for Buttigieg because he's gay.

I'm not saying that he'd be doing well with blacks if he were straight, but to get 0% support when you're one of the four major candidates is incredible. That goes beyond him just being a folksy midwest white guy.

Warren is also extremely white and unrelatable to black people, but she's not at 0%.

Anyway, if you watched that SNL skit and didn't think there was left bias to how they treated some of the candidates, I don't know what to tell you. I think you were just mesmerized by the celebrity lineup and some of the funny jokes.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't watch SNL. I saw the skit and thought it was good. As far as I know SNL is entertainment by left-leaning people for left-leaning people, so I dont really see where the outrage is coming from.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Coge

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

They did focus groups where many of the black people said that they wouldn't vote for Buttigieg because he's gay.

I'm not saying that he'd be doing well with blacks if he were straight, but to get 0% support when you're one of the four major candidates is incredible. That goes beyond him just being a folksy midwest white guy.

Warren is also extremely white and unrelatable to black people, but she's not at 0%.

Anyway, if you watched that SNL skit and didn't think there was left bias to how they treated some of the candidates, I don't know what to tell you. I think you were just mesmerized by the celebrity lineup and some of the funny jokes.
    Fuck focus groups, you people forgot 2008 and Black peoples turnout to Prop 8 in Cali?

Diamond
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Fuck focus groups, you people forgot 2008 and Black peoples turnout to Prop 8 in Cali?
    I didn't forget at all, but if I brought that up, people would say that attitudes towards gay people have changed in society since 2008. Which is true, but in the black community it's not true.

Comments

OSA: correct.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

I didn't forget at all, but if I brought that up, people would say that attitudes towards gay people have changed in society since 2008. Which is true, but in the black community it's not true.
    I didn't think that was the case too until I started talking to the 18-22 yr old twinks that I fucked about it. I don't know if the education system being conducive to kids coming out but there are so many kids who are out a lot younger than they used to be and as a result their peers are a lot more supportive.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I don't watch SNL. I saw the skit and thought it was good. As far as I know SNL is entertainment by left-leaning people for left-leaning people, so I dont really see where the outrage is coming from.
    No outrage, and in fact I'm not seeing anyone on the right bitching about it. This is because whenever people on the right see any parody making fun of only Democrats, they think it's "hilarious", and don't bother asking themselves if the parodying was especially gentle in order to not make the subjects look too bad (as opposed to any parody of Republicans, where it's vicious.)

I didn't say it was a bad skit, only that it could have been a lot better if they didn't tread so carefully.

But I'm not surprised. I expected it.

The only pleasant surprise coming from an SNL skit was the one where two black guys mock a bunch of white SJW liberals on 2016 election night, as they cry over the results. It was one of SNL's few moments where they ever seriously mocked modern white leftists for their often tone-deaf and hypocritical behavior.

Most people didn't realize it when watching, but segment was almost surely derivative of a memorable All in the Family episode, when two larcenous but otherwise nonviolent and lovable black guys break into the Bunker house, hold them there while they wait for the police to leave the area, and mock both Archie (for his racism) and Mike (for his white apologism and insufferable liberal haughtineess.)

Load Metric
    The only pleasant surprise coming from an SNL skit was the one where two black guys mock a bunch of white SJW liberals on 2016 election night, as they cry over the results.
    The punchline was that America is racist and the Whites didn't realize it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    The only pleasant surprise coming from an SNL skit was the one where two black guys mock a bunch of white SJW liberals on 2016 election night, as they cry over the results.
    The punchline was that America is racist and the Whites didn't realize it.
    That was not even close to the entire punchline.

The sketch was a (surprising) indictment of the woke white left, which inaccurately sees itself as having the finger on the pulse of social justice and racial sensitivity.

It also mocks the hypersensitivity and exaggerative qualities of today's left, especially with the last line of, "This is the worst thing America has ever done" (referring to electing Trump), followed by the two black characters looking at each other and busting up laughing.

Anyway, it was a great sketch. Next they need to make one about male feminists.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Wow! You *still* don’t get it! Giving you a sympathy green rep because you clearly are re— uh, mentally challenged on this matter.

blake: druff is actually correct here

Load Metric
    https://wikileaks.org/opcw-douma/

This is exactly in line w/ what Tulsi's been saying. Another OPCW (Organization for the Prevention of Chemical Weapons) scientist has accused management of doctoring Syrian chemical weapons reports to justify US/Saudi intervention and attacks.

Exactly the same as what happened in Iraq in 2003. A war waged under false pretenses.

How is Tucker Carlson the only person bringing this up? https://twitter.com/sofiaxzaldivar/status/1199167053183307776 - because corporate MSM is completely owned and controlled by the Military Industrial Complex.

Load Metric
    A couple days ago:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by diggydow View Post
    https://wikileaks.org/opcw-douma/

This is exactly in line w/ what Tulsi's been saying. Another OPCW (Organization for the Prevention of Chemical Weapons) scientist has accused management of doctoring Syrian chemical weapons reports to justify US/Saudi intervention and attacks.

Exactly the same as what happened in Iraq in 2003. A war waged under false pretenses.

How is Tucker Carlson the only person bringing this up? https://twitter.com/sofiaxzaldivar/status/1199167053183307776 - because corporate MSM is completely owned and controlled by the Military Industrial Complex.
    Sure, except no in every conceivable way.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2019...crucial-facts/

One person had an issue with a draft version of the report. Shit got fixed in the final report. That final report was issued in March. What you could do is start thinking why is this news. Why is this pushed as news. March was a while ago. Are we talking laziness, intellectual dishonesty, general stupidity, intentional manipulation or all of the above.

Thread Information