Page 66 of 223 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Predictit doesn't mean much.

Biden has been leading in the polls for the last month except one.

Buttigieg is leading in Iowa but it doesn't matter because no black person will vote for him.

Biden will win in South Carolina, after which his momentum should pick up.

Bernie Sanders has the best chance of beating Biden, Warren will probably fizzle out after she loses most races and Super Tuesday.
    Uh, ok if you really mean that you should bet a ton of money on Biden... I agree with you, fwiw, but saying that polls months out from an elections are more predictive than bettings lines is very questionable logic, especially when most people say their mind isn't made up yet. We'll see what the polls say in January.

Biden's momentum will pick up after South Carolina? You realize that South Carolina is fourth, and takes place 26 days after Iowa. That's a long negative media cycle if he gets hammered in IA, NH, and NV.

And Bernie has no chance. His chance was 4 years ago and he blew it. His only role now is blocking Warren from getting the nod and helping Biden get elected. Biden should give him some sort of ambassadorship as a thank you
    Last edited by SPIT this; 11-21-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

you forgot to mention he's smart af......he's almost untouchable. this dude is a threat to trump if he makes it through
    He also has Butt in his last name and he will receive 0% of the black vote.

TRump is disenfranchising blacks next week so it wont actually matter.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Bernie has no chance. His chance was 4 years ago and he blew it. His only role now is blocking Warren from getting the nod and helping Biden get elected. Biden should give him some sort of ambassadorship as a thank you
    I wouldn't say Bernie has no chance but yes, he is blocking Warren from winning the nomination.

Bernie has a big organization which was left over from his last election campaign in 2016 and he is capable of raising more cash than Biden.

Plenty of liberals want Bernie to be elected President but Bernie has declining health issues and he might be too liberal to get elected President.

Comments

JimmyG_415: I hit you w/ a red dot, it was the wrong post, sorry Ill give you 3 if you want more hit me up

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post

you forgot to mention he's smart af......he's almost untouchable. this dude is a threat to trump if he makes it through
    Yes, but

full contact politics..

i don't know much about where the dude stands on many important issues, but being gay is only a plus for him in 2020.

as for not getting the black vote? that isn't very concerning.

he comes across a special person looking like he's in the right place at the right time....(see trump and obama)

@ 5/6-1 to win the democratic nomination and 10-1 to win the presidency is pretty decent odds. considering warren is not going to make it out imo and biden is one trump tweet away from being buried..neither of those two will beat trump should they make it, but buttgag has a chance, trump doesn't have much on him to eviscerate with except for policy proposals. there's no doubt he's the smartest one of the bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Did Bernie get botox? Or is it just that he combed his hair.
    I think you're on to something. The way I see it, there's two possibilities. He got botox, or when he had his heart attack he actually died and he was replaced with a deep state body double.

Comments

duped_samaritan:

Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: Super creepy eyeball movement!

Load Metric
    but being gay is only a plus for him in 2020.
    Uh, where do you live?

Comments

blake: seriously

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    but being gay is only a plus for him in 2020.
    Uh, where do you live?
    provincetown mass

we don't wear our handkerchiefs to follow the grateful dead here
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    my bad tine, trump campaign literally using tulsi in their ads

on the flip side, she's not wrong.
    They clipped this from the same statement in which she said the Bush, Clinton, Trump doctrine was bad for our country and she would change it.

If you can't understand this clip being taken out of context, I don't know what to say.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Uh, where do you live?
    provincetown mass

we don't wear our handkerchiefs to follow the grateful dead here
    Holds water.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by diggydow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    my bad tine, trump campaign literally using tulsi in their ads

on the flip side, she's not wrong.
    They clipped this from the same statement in which she said the Bush, Clinton, Trump doctrine was bad for our country and she would change it.

If you can't understand this clip being taken out of context, I don't know what to say.
    still an interesting choice of words, no?

that being said, i get her political strategy and don't disagree with her sentiment. she's still my favorite candidate running

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lindsey Graham Begins Senate Investigation Into The Bidens

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/linds...231047613.html

going to be hard to overcome this. even if he's cleared. everyone knows something isn't right.

but for years we've accepted this kind of power elected officials get. you know, the "what can you do about it" type response to the wrong things they get to get away with.

moar clear sailing for pete buttgag

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Hunter Biden stuff isn't going to hurt Biden much in the primary. Most Democrats dismiss it as right wing conspiracy nonsense (even though it does appear that something shady occurred.)

It might hurt Biden in the general election if Trump hammers it enough. Lord knows that Trump is excellent at trolling other candidates to the point where his rhetoric about them gets etched in people's minds. Before Trump, did you ever think of Jeb Bush as "low energy"? I bet you think of him that way now!

It's so surreal to see the establishment candidate with the best polling numbers being cast as the big underdog.

Biden has two huge strengths:

1) He has an established following of people who already know his faults and still like him anyway, so it will be tough to change people's minds

2) He is the only major candidate with good black support

He's not a lock by any means, but I was shocked that I got him at +500 not long ago, and I'm shocked that so many people honestly believe Mayor Pete has a better chance to be the nominee than him.

Right now there are only two realistic candidates with a good chance to win the primary -- Biden and Warren. Bernie and Mayor Pete have an outside shot, but it's probably not happening for either one. Every other candidate has never caught on, or has already crashed and burned.

This is nothing like 2008, when an upstart Obama came out of nowhere to pass Hillary and beat her. There is no Obama equivalent here.

This is nothing like 2016, when Trump shocked the Republican establishment by crushing all of the Republican frontrunners. In that case, Trump was leading the whole way, and nobody was willing to accept that his support wouldn't die down.

I think Biden is the most likely winner at this point.

Load Metric
    i think bernie's going to shock everyone at the polls.

seriously.

like for better or for worse. he's real af and a lot of people feel it and for the same people voted for trump, i think bernie is going to get the nod. he's exactly what he appears to be. and as it happens, in every conceivable way, its better than trump.

Comments

diggydow:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'm honestly surprised sonatine considers Bernie to be a good candidate. Bernie is a fucking liar and it actually bothers me that an old dude like him will just get on a microphone and tell young people that if he, as the president, will double their wages, give everyone free healthcare and pay off their debts. the dude is a fucking psycho and I honestly would take Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, John Fitzgerald Kerry, any "normal" democrat candidate over him. I don't expect Trump to win but I hope we don't rubber band into some shit like Bernie Sanders

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bernie isn't so much lying.

He's the delusional crazy old uncle who really believes what he rants, but isn't fully living in reality.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    I'm honestly surprised sonatine considers Bernie to be a good candidate. Bernie is a fucking liar and it actually bothers me that an old dude like him will just get on a microphone and tell young people that if he, as the president, will double their wages, give everyone free healthcare and pay off their debts. the dude is a fucking psycho and I honestly would take Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, John Fitzgerald Kerry, any "normal" democrat candidate over him. I don't expect Trump to win but I hope we don't rubber band into some shit like Bernie Sanders

havent heard him say anything particularly outrageous but then again i dont watch the debates for i am not a gay.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    LOL...you're experience doesn't mean shit.

Sorry but being on a Congressional committee doesn't mean shit and neither does being Mayor of a very poor small town with a high murder rate.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The Hunter Biden stuff isn't going to hurt Biden much in the primary. Most Democrats dismiss it as right wing conspiracy nonsense (even though it does appear that something shady occurred.)

It might hurt Biden in the general election if Trump hammers it enough. Lord knows that Trump is excellent at trolling other candidates to the point where his rhetoric about them gets etched in people's minds. Before Trump, did you ever think of Jeb Bush as "low energy"? I bet you think of him that way now!

It's so surreal to see the establishment candidate with the best polling numbers being cast as the big underdog.

Biden has two huge strengths:

1) He has an established following of people who already know his faults and still like him anyway, so it will be tough to change people's minds

2) He is the only major candidate with good black support

He's not a lock by any means, but I was shocked that I got him at +500 not long ago, and I'm shocked that so many people honestly believe Mayor Pete has a better chance to be the nominee than him.

Right now there are only two realistic candidates with a good chance to win the primary -- Biden and Warren. Bernie and Mayor Pete have an outside shot, but it's probably not happening for either one. Every other candidate has never caught on, or has already crashed and burned.

This is nothing like 2008, when an upstart Obama came out of nowhere to pass Hillary and beat her. There is no Obama equivalent here.

This is nothing like 2016, when Trump shocked the Republican establishment by crushing all of the Republican frontrunners. In that case, Trump was leading the whole way, and nobody was willing to accept that his support wouldn't die down.

I think Biden is the most likely winner at this point.
    In the most recent debate — the one in Atlanta this week — Warren highlighted how she was a better candidate thab Biden for Black community based on some of her key proposals that Biden is at best lukewarm on.

Whether Black voters who currently favor Biden will be convinced of this and switch is yet to be determined.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    you gonna watch his video druff?

...druff?

Thread Information