Page 65 of 223 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Creepy Joe Biden is the odds-on favorite to become the next President.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i tried to watch but gave up as debates are painful.

but did biden really say that the way to solve violence against women is "to keep punching at it and punching at it"?

#GOAT
    you mean you're not sick of hearing about how global warming is priority #1 and how trump is the devil.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    I think Pete has to be the winner of the debate purely based on the fact that nothing that happened in the debate will slow his momentum. Everybody was actually pretty timid about attacking him.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I missed this one. Cliffs?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Everyone is still afraid to attack Mayor Pete because he's young and gay.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    you forgot to mention he's smart af......he's almost untouchable. this dude is a threat to trump if he makes it through
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

you forgot to mention he's smart af......he's almost untouchable. this dude is a threat to trump if he makes it through
    He also has Butt in his last name and he will receive 0% of the black vote.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

Yes, but

Comments

Jayjami: You misspelled butt!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i tried to watch but gave up as debates are painful.

but did biden really say that the way to solve violence against women is "to keep punching at it and punching at it"?

#GOAT
    Yes, and then the crowd laughed and he said "I'm serious"
    It's not all bad for Biden. At least his eyes didn't explode like the last time he was on stage.

Comments

Tellafriend: genuine lol

Load Metric
    my bad tine, trump campaign literally using tulsi in their ads

on the flip side, she's not wrong.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Biden needs to go with someone younger and more hip than him for his VEEP choice.

Like Ruth Bader Ginsberg RBG

Load Metric
    “We need to ass fuck convicted rapists. And fuck them and fuck them and then fuck them again. No, I mean it.”

-Joe Biden

Comments

zealanddonk: OSA getting paid for his hobby

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    These debates are so tiresome because it's mostly about Trump-bashing. The Trump-bashing itself doesn't bother me. I fully expect it. The problem is that the viewer knows that 100% of the candidates hate Trump, so what's the point?

As I mentioned regarding other debates, bashing Trump is the candidates' go-to when they don't want to directly answer the question.

There were few moments where the viewer got to clearly learn where these candidates differ policy-wise.

I did laugh at Bernie saying that cities would be underwater in 9 years if we don't address climate change. And he wonders why people don't take him seriously.

Warren is also super-tilting when she talks about taking "2 cents from the super rich" when she really means 2%. It's not like she's stupid and doesn't understand the difference. She knows exactly what she's saying, but says "2 cents" because it sounds so harmless, as compared to 2%, which might alarm some people when they do the math. And speaking of doing the math, I was disappointed that nobody addressed the fact that her wealth tax will not come close to paying for all of her proposals.

Anyway, I don't see last night's debate really changing much. Biden made gaffes, but he's always making gaffes, so if you were voting for him 2 days ago despite those gaffes, you're still voting for him today. Mayor Pete came off well, but he won't win any black vote no matter what. I don't think Warren or Bernie moved the needle either way, and the rest of the candidates are non-factors.

Load Metric
    Warren said the wealth tax would only be on those with over $50 billion in assets. "Your first $50 billion is free and clear". Why only after $50 billion? Wouldn't that only affect like 10 people? Would be amazing to see Sanders hit her on that, and accuse her of being in the pocket of the wealthy, and those who are worth a mere "$40 billion". If Sanders was smart, he'd hit Warren harder. He saw Buttigieg hit Warren and gain a lot of her supporters. That could've easily been him, but I don't think he's very politically savvy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Warren said the wealth tax would only be on those with over $50 billion in assets. "Your first $50 billion is free and clear". Why only after $50 billion? Wouldn't that only affect like 10 people? Would be amazing to see Sanders hit her on that, and accuse her of being in the pocket of the wealthy, and those who are worth a mere "$40 billion". If Sanders was smart, he'd hit Warren harder. He saw Buttigieg hit Warren and gain a lot of her supporters. That could've easily been him.
    It was confusing. She meant $50 million. I think she said "$50 million" later in her answer, which would make a hell of a lot more sense. At first I was thinking the same thing as you did.

Sanders just doesn't like direct attacks. He thinks that his frantic populist antics will be enough to get him the nomination. It won't. He doesn't really seem to understand what he needs to do to get over the hump and attract followers beyond his base of fans. Ultimately I think he's going to fuck over Warren by staying in the race too long.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mayor Pete's "Medicare For All Who Need It" proposal is also really stupid.

If the government offers free Medicare-type healthcare, and it's competing with private healthcare featuring expensive premiums that most people have to pay for, what do you think almost everyone will choose?

It's just a sleight of hand trick to make it look like he's giving people a choice, when he really isn't.

A more sensible solution would be a non-profit government-run insurance company (I forgot which candidate suggested this), but that would do little to solve our healthcare issues, as insurance company profits accounted for 0.13% of all healthcare expenditures in 2018.

In truth, none of the Democrats have a fucking clue what they're doing when it comes to the healthcare matter. I will concede that Republicans don't know what they're doing with it, either. However, the Democrats' plan would be more damaging right now. Medicare For All built on top of our current system would be a fiasco. The only real solution to our healthcare mess is to completely tear down and rebuild the cost and billing structure, eliminate the preferred provider insurance model, and introduce free market forces into medicine. Right now, the insurance companies and Medicare set the cost of services, so the worst doctor in your city makes the exact same amount of money for a test/procedure/etc as the best doctor. There is no incentive to provide good care. Their only incentives are to see as many patients as possible, do the most expensive procedures, and employ billing experts who legally manipulate the system. All of this will still occur under Medicare For All. We also need the ability to buy pharmaceuticals by mail from other first-world countries. This has been discussed, but it hasn't happened yet. Insurance needs to act like actual insurance (similar to how your car insurance works), and not as a price-setting middleman. Patients need written estimates for all non-emergency care, complete with out-of-pocket costs, which they need to sign off on beforehand. Again, just like with cars.

Load Metric
    They should just say there will be medicare for all and Mexico is going to pay for it.

Comments

Jayjami: Agreed

Load Metric
    Medicare For All is just a Democratic fantasy that has no chance of passing unless Democrats have a supermajority in the U.S. Senate.

Hospitals, doctors and pharmaceutical companies will never give up their monopoly on health care and their ability to charge anything they want. They will continue to fuck everyone.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Creepy Joe Biden is the odds-on favorite to become the next President.
    What line are you looking at? He's actually now only the 3rd most likely on predictit now. Not sure about other sites, but he's actually been an underdog most of the time. Though my personal opinion is that he's undervalued.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    Predictit doesn't mean much.

Biden has been leading in the polls for the last month except one.

Buttigieg is leading in Iowa but it doesn't matter because no black person will vote for him.

Biden will win in South Carolina, after which his momentum should pick up.

Bernie Sanders has the best chance of beating Biden, Warren will probably fizzle out after she loses most races and Super Tuesday.

Thread Information