Page 49 of 223 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    i think it comes with the territory when you volunteer for a grass roots campaign. you just accept that youre going to get shitted on but you gut it out for the greater good.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The poll XFactor posted is one of several.

They're all over the place right now.

All taken last week, Quinnipac has Warren up 7, CNN has Biden up 15, Economist has Biden up 1, The Hill has Biden up 8, Emerson has Biden up 6 over Warren and 2 over Bernie, and Politico has Biden up 9.

In all of the polls, Bernie is more than 10 behind the frontrunner, except for Emerson (-2) and Economist (-6).

So the average still has Biden up by about 5 points.
    Name:  Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 20.02.23.png
Views: 288
Size:  138.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by diggydow View Post
    Again: if the smears were true - that Tulsi was a secret Republican AND going to run for third party - the Democrats would be happy, since she'd take more votes from Trump.

But since even those making these claims know them to be bullshit, the incoherence is totally ignored. Embarrassing.

this ^ is why i'm not engaging with you. gabbard's toxic flaw is her histrionics and antagonism, which she seems unable or unwilling to temper for basic game theory reasons, and it attracts people prone to histrionics and antagonism, like bernie bros and shill stein trash, who somehow invariably find a way to make themselves the loudest voices in room.

speaking of which, youre what, 60% of this threads content for 2 straight days?

fascinating.
    I think you should ask readers of this thread who has been more antagonistic / histrionic / rude, and who has been more open + who has supplied a more logical case. Anyone?

You are a very eloquent (+ fun to read) writer, but much of what you've said above is baseless and empty, and you have consistently addressed none of what I've written.

Do you agree Tulsi has been antagonized and smeared - from day 1 of her campaign - more than any other candidate? Do you agree that the MSM has contributed to this propaganda against her and against Bernie Sanders?

Once you acknowledge that, the answer to why Tulsi/Bernie fans are fervent in their defense becomes obvious: because the MSM and NeoLib centrists are even more fervent in their offense against them.

Load Metric
    i think it comes with the territory when you volunteer for a grass roots campaign. you just accept that youre going to get shitted on but you gut it out for the greater good.
    Yes, and working for something you believe in is invariably fulfilling/invigorating.

Load Metric

this ^ is why i'm not engaging with you. gabbard's toxic flaw is her histrionics and antagonism, which she seems unable or unwilling to temper for basic game theory reasons, and it attracts people prone to histrionics and antagonism, like bernie bros and shill stein trash, who somehow invariably find a way to make themselves the loudest voices in room.

speaking of which, youre what, 60% of this threads content for 2 straight days?

fascinating.
    I think you should ask readers of this thread who has been more antagonistic / histrionic / rude, and who has been more open + who has supplied a more logical case. Anyone?

You are a very eloquent (+ fun to read) writer, but much of what you've said above is baseless and empty, and you have consistently addressed none of what I've written.

Do you agree Tulsi has been antagonized and smeared - from day 1 of her campaign - more than any other candidate? Do you agree that the MSM has contributed to this propaganda against her and against Bernie Sanders?

Once you acknowledge that, the answer to why Tulsi/Bernie fans are fervent in their defense becomes obvious: because the MSM and NeoLib centrists are even more fervent in their offense against them.

i think bernie has caught far more heat than tulsi. tulsi's problem is she cant stop tearing down everything that rubs her wrong. the brilliance of hrc provoking her was that within hours, tulsi was in full blown tantrum mode, calling her warqueen or some shit even tho it was obama's policies she implemented. but it exposed tulsi's temper. and it was ugly and insane and exactly why the right and alt-right adore her; shes alienating voters from main stream leftist candidates/platforms/positions through what appears to be an anti-social antagonist personality disorder.

it was funny when she destroyed kamala's career, it was good meme bait and oh yeah fuck kamala but it looks like tulsi only has one fuckin gear.

and i dont see you saying it outright but it feels like youre heading for a tulsi or im sitting this out end game, which is exactly how we got into the current state of affairs, so yeah im not amused and i dont trust tulsi because she's given me reasons not to.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    You do realize that HRC was accusing Tulsi of treason, an executable offense?

How is Tulsi supposed to react to that?

I'd argue that one actor in this argument (HRC) is going fucking nuts by saying that, and one actor is far more level-headed in simply responding to such an accusation.

---

And I would argue Tulsi has the most self-control and the least "temper" of any candidate. I've never seen her out of control. Her righteous anger towards HRC and the establishment that has been smearing her constantly was due, and I loved it. Very cathartic to read.

---

I don't understand being against Tulsi exposing Kamala for the fraud she is.

---

I am not Tulsi or bust. I still think Trump is an abject retard and would vote for anyone over him.

Load Metric

i think bernie has caught far more heat than tulsi. tulsi's problem is she cant stop tearing down everything that rubs her wrong. the brilliance of hrc provoking her was that within hours, tulsi was in full blown tantrum mode, calling her warqueen or some shit even tho it was obama's policies she implemented. but it exposed tulsi's temper. and it was ugly and insane and exactly why the right and alt-right adore her; shes alienating voters from main stream leftist candidates/platforms/positions through what appears to be an anti-social antagonist personality disorder.

it was funny when she destroyed kamala's career, it was good meme bait and oh yeah fuck kamala but it looks like tulsi only has one fuckin gear.

and i dont see you saying it outright but it feels like youre heading for a tulsi or im sitting this out end game, which is exactly how we got into the current state of affairs, so yeah im not amused and i dont trust tulsi because she's given me reasons not to.

you hated tulsi long before she eviscerated hillary though and we just have completely different takes on it being ugly, insane, etc. etc. what tulsi said was more than justified considering hillary accused her of working with the russians. if you don't see how invoking the scary russians -- after the mueller report debacle -- makes all democrats look, i just don't know what to tell you.

can you at least admit she'd be the strongest candidate running against trump by miles? it's so frustrating to those of us that actually want to see trump lose that we are going to be forced to roll with a much worse candidate

Load Metric
    Matt Taibbi summed up the media bias against Tulsi and Bernie very well:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...p-2020-838156/

and

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...a-iraq-870003/

And it is undeniable that Taibbi is the man and has been fighting for common people for years.

Comments

sonatine: i fuck with taibbi so ill check this out

Load Metric

I am not Tulsi or bust. I still think Trump is an abject retard and would vote for anyone over him.

then i sincerely apologize for not giving you credit where due here.

Comments

diggydow: I am gay

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

you hated tulsi long before she eviscerated hillary though and we just have completely different takes on it being ugly, insane, etc. etc. what tulsi said was more than justified considering hillary accused her of working with the russians. if you don't see how invoking the scary russians -- after the mueller report debacle -- makes all democrats look, i just don't know what to tell you.

can you at least admit she'd be the strongest candidate running against trump by miles? it's so frustrating to those of us that actually want to see trump lose that we are going to be forced to roll with a much worse candidate

i dont recall ever hating tulsi, i do recall saying shes a republican who runs as a democrat because republicans cant win hawaii (although maybe i cribbed that line from you?), and i do recall saying she has dangerously outdated information on her website about the syrian gas attacks (which is 100% true), and i do recall saying her no holds barred take no prisoners style of engagement is the last fucking thing on earth we need in this election cycle, and im not the only person who thinks so considering ben shapiro's personal news paper is spending tens of thousands of dollars on facebook amplification ad attacks promoting her.

if tulsi could comport herself like a fucking president, id absolutely vote for her to carry the flag. but she acts like someone bred in a test tube to dismantle left wing centerists and thats not what america needs rn.

also the whole 'uugh now i have to vote for a worse candidate' thing is frustrating because it smacks of that millennial brand of wish fulfillment (not calling you a millennial btw but...: ) where if a problem cant be solved in one gesture it's because of some ephemeral moral failing usually attributed to centerism.

Load Metric
    Claim:
    "Tulsi's a Republican."

Actual Positions:

Anti-regime change war,
    Weed legalization + expungement of records
    Prostitution legalization
    Medicare for all
    Free college/debt forgiveness
    $15 min wage
    End fracking; 100% energy from renewables by 2035
    NRA rating: F
    Planned Parenthood rating: 100%
    Universal basic income
    Supported Bernie in 2016
    Election security via paper ballots
    Get money out of politics / Overturn Citizens United
    Bring back Glass-Steagall

Now do you see why Tulsi supporters are pissed, "histrionic", and always on the defensive?

Comments

MumblesBadly: A very strange kind of “Republican” by any measure.

Load Metric
    You are playing great diggy

One small quibble

Actual Positions:
    Anti-regime change war
    This started days after post WWII with Democrat Truman. The Eastern Bloc satellites.

Truman starts the CIA and the company went to work.

Indo-China and the whole shebang.

Greece? Can’t remember. Truman got real busy.

Did everything he could to strong arm the American (Truman) doctrine. Despicable shit that NEVER fucking ended and never accomplished a blessed thing.

I know Twitter doesn’t go back that far. However, Republicans have done more to cool tensions between Russia, China and the US over the past 70 years.

The Bush dynasty was despicable so at this point in time neither party gets a pass. The world police action thing is bipartisan but clearly began with the Democrats in a big big way with them nuclear bombs.

Remember a Democrat dropped nuclear bombs on civilians. It’s a unique distinction.

This comes from a guy who held Raytheon stock most of my adult life cause I am a realist and don’t like working.

Comments

diggydow:
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-28-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Load Metric
    So to be perfectly fucking clear, I love the Tulsi anti regime change stance. I’m willing to die on that hill.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    You are playing great diggy

One small quibble

Actual Positions:
    Anti-regime change war
    This started days after post WWII with Democrat Truman. The Eastern Bloc satellites.

Truman starts the CIA and the company went to work.

Indo-China and the whole shebang.

Greece? Can’t remember. Truman got real busy.

Did everything he could to strong arm the American (Truman) doctrine. Despicable shit that NEVER fucking ended and never accomplished a blessed thing.

I know Twitter doesn’t go back that far. However, Republicans have done more to cool tensions between Russia, China and the US over the past 70 years.

The Bush dynasty was despicable so at this point in time neither party gets a pass. The world police action thing is bipartisan but clearly began with the Democrats in a big big way with them nuclear bombs.

Remember a Democrat dropped nuclear bombs on civilians. It’s a unique distinction.

This comes from a guy who held Raytheon stock most of my adult life cause I am a realist and don’t like working.
    You’re dissing on Truman is a bit ignorant. Why? Truman quickly grew to distrust the Soviets after they butchered or imprisoned in gulags most of the Soviet POW returned by the Allied. After that, Truman did everything he could to counter the Communists. That’s why the negotiations with North Korea dragged on for several years after the Chinese enter the war and a stalemate developed where the current DMZ is: The Communists demanded all the POWs held by the UN forces be repatriated to them. Truman knew that those POWs would be treated just as badly or worse than the returned Soviet POW after WW II. And that ended up happening after Eisenhower was elected and got North Korea to agree to an armistice if the UN forces agreed to those terms. True to form, most of those returned POWs were killed or worked to death in labor camps.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Tulsi has clearly stated that the regime-change war agenda has been bipartisan, and the blame falls equally on Republicans and Democrats.

Related:

https://twitter.com/sofiaxzaldivar/status/1154559837650477063

Load Metric
    Diggler

The free college education deal.

I’m willing to pay for school if the kid does a stint of community service. I think the Israeli’s require their citizens to a stint in the military male and female.

You can help the homeless or fight in Syria. Perhaps preach the gospel in LA.

I have an intuition that free college would become a boondoggle under Federal management but if our citizens want to serve our country in some fashion I’ll let it go.

In the heirarchy of issues I’m willing to concede this. However, as Tulsi is probably the only candidate that has done public service I think she would sympathize with my view

Politics is not public service Mumbles. In before and all that

Comments

OSA: 2 years mandatory unless you become orthodox and serve God

diggydow: Good point! Tulsi is only free community college, tho

Load Metric
    And it is undeniable that Taibbi is the man and has been fighting for common people for years.

No, she's a woman which is the only reason she gets any attention and she has done very little for the people of Hawaii.

If she's serious about helping her people (American citizens) in Hawaii she needs to stop this shit from happening...

White Maui man shares clip of moment he is knocked unconscious with a shovel and kicked by native Hawaiian men who told him 'you have the wrong fucking color skin'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kin-color.html

A white guy who bought a home in Maui was attacked with a shovel by a crazy native Hawaiian.

The native Hawaiian pleaded no contest to first-degree assault and his charges of first-degree burglary, first-degree terroristic threatening, second-degree theft and first-degree criminal property damage were dismissed.

In the footage shared online, one of the men can be heard telling the man: 'It's nothing personal, you just have the wrong fucking color skin'.

Kunzelman and his uncle are repeatedly called haole - a term often used to describe white people who move to Hawaii and are not Hawaiian or Polynesian.

In September, Aki was sentenced to four years' probation and was given credit for the more than six months he spent in jail.

He pleaded no contest to first-degree terroristic threatening.

The homeowner was prohibited from returning to his property by the Hawaiian judge and the judge gave the dumb ass motherfucking native Hawaiian probation. Unreal.

So if you move to the Hawaiian Islands and some crazy motherfucker Hawaiian native comes at you with an ax and slices your head open, he will probably get probation and you will lose your home.

If your white don't move to Hawaii and stay away from the fucking natives.

Load Metric
    I think you misread my post. Matt Taibbi is a journalist.

Load Metric
    check out diggydow assuming matt taibbi's gender.

Thread Information