Page 46 of 223 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    one can do much worse than a president biden, regardless of ones political affiliation.
    anyone that can correct the income distribution problem that began to occur 1970's (almost all real income growth to corporate leaders only, a very small share of the growth to people doing the work in corporations) would be a worthwhile candidate....read up on the Lewis Powell memo to see the game plan corporate American / big business has followed since 1971 to get laws/court decisions/public opinion to favor corporate economic interests over those of ordinary citizens.

If Biden/Warren/Trump can counteract the growing income gap, yes indeed they are good candidates imho.....I don't care how they do it..raising corporate taxes, raising tariffs, guaranteed income, or limiting immigration to drive up wages....whatever works

Comments

big dick: yep
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 10-24-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    simmer down, nerd.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    The Democrats are blowing it.
    Stop trying to out liberal each other.

They need to STFU about transgender rights.

Americans barely support gay rights and don't give a shit about transgender people who want a sex change in prison.

Democrats just have to be not batshit crazy like Trump and they win.

Comments

Jayjami: As a Democrat, I approve this message.

Load Metric
    If you're speaking out against Tulsi, you're an overly-impressionable consumer of propaganda. Consider the source, and that MSNBC/CNN is a revolving door w/ the DNC.

One other hilarious fact: If the smears were true - that Tulsi was a secret Republican AND going to run for third party - the Democrats would be happy, since she'd take more votes from Trump. But since even those making these claims know them to be bullshit, the incoherence is totally ignored.

Next, https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1186109742244139009.

Finally is a great, challenging interview w/ Tulsi:

"I’m of the belief that if Neera Tanden, Third Way, Clinton, the DNC, the MSM, & the MIC all hate & smear a politician, that’s enough reason for me to think they’re doing something right. Thought that was common sense."

Comments

Tellafriend: good interview; i'm a fanboy though i don't agree with some of her positions

Load Metric
    like my favorite part isnt that she went on tucker's show, its that she went on tucker's show to do nothing but bash hillary clinton.

bashing democrats is her entire platform.
    This is utterly incorrect. Her entire platform is relying on her foreign policy experience to: stop endless wars + tame the MIC and bring the money back to the US. To stop toppling foreign regimes. That, and being vehemently anti-war, having a more aggressive climate plan than the Green New Deal, supporting Medicare for all, election security via paper ballots, getting money out of politics, not taking PAC money/publicly funding elections (UNLIKE ELIZABETH WARREN), anti-Military Industrial Complex and Prison Industrial Complex, supporting legalization and expungement of marijuana records, supporting college for all, supporting an assault weapons ban, sponsoring a $15 min wage, and wanting to bring back Glass-Stegall.

You are being propagandized by old DNC heads who want revenge for Tulsi disobeying them in 2016, and who are outraged at her threatening the MIC.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Load Metric
    Here are more details on the DNC's / HRC's / MSM's 180-degree turn on Tulsi, which coincides with her refusing to toe the party line: https://www.collective-evolution.com...tulsi-gabbard/

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Americans barely support gay rights and don't give a shit about transgender people who want a sex change in prison.

Ya, agree with everything Bill said there which is rare.

Beating Trump should be a layup and it’s hilarious to watch the candidates fuck it up. 2016 all over again.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Beating Trump should be a layup and it’s hilarious to watch the candidates fuck it up. 2016 all over again.
    The DNC / Establishment would rather have Trump in 2020 than Tulsi, because nobody threatens the military industrial complex like she does.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by diggydow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

The DNC / Establishment would rather have Trump in 2020 than Tulsi, because nobody threatens the military industrial complex like she does.
    You are kinda sounding like a hippy, if the MIC is the #1 on your political priorities. That's ok though. If I absolutely had to vote Democrat, she would be my #1 pic by far, and yes, over Pete.

Load Metric
    like my favorite part isnt that she went on tucker's show, its that she went on tucker's show to do nothing but bash hillary clinton.

bashing democrats is her entire platform.
    This is utterly incorrect. Her entire platform is relying on her foreign policy experience to: stop endless wars + tame the MIC and bring the money back to the US. To stop toppling foreign regimes. That, and being vehemently anti-war, having a more aggressive climate plan than the Green New Deal, supporting Medicare for all, election security via paper ballots, getting money out of politics, not taking PAC money/publicly funding elections (UNLIKE ELIZABETH WARREN), anti-Military Industrial Complex and Prison Industrial Complex, supporting legalization and expungement of marijuana records, supporting college for all, supporting an assault weapons ban, sponsoring a $15 min wage, and wanting to bring back Glass-Stegall.

You are being propagandized by old DNC heads who want revenge for Tulsi disobeying them in 2016, and who are outraged at her threatening the MIC.

virtually none of this is remotely possible and im taking her on the words coming out of her own mouth, and the 'youre being propagandized' argument is literally a note for note redux of what my jill stein loving friends assured me in 2016.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Maybe your Jill Stein-loving friends were right. The DNC and MSNBC/CNN are a revolving door. This is not disputable. They support each other and work to maintain the status quo, and sway popular opinion in their favor.

What do you mean "none of this is remotely possible"? You think getting $$$ out of politics and taming the MIC is impossible? And protecting the environment? I'm confused.

Load Metric
    Maybe your Jill Stein-loving friends were right.

ok good luck to you sir, thank you for your opinions.

Load Metric
    I think Negreanu endorsed Yang a couple weeks ago...

Load Metric
    Maybe your Jill Stein-loving friends were right.

I'm disappointed to see bad-faith, uncharitable arguments coming from you. That, and you address practically none of what I've written. All this does is point to the fact that you have nothing to back up your point of view.

Comments

MumblesBadly: It’s what he does when someone has bested him in an argument.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yang is a gimmick candidate who is only running because he enjoys being in the spotlight.

But it's nice that he's bringing the online poker issue out to the general public, as that can only be a good thing.

Comments

diggydow:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yang is a gimmick candidate who is only running because he enjoys being in the spotlight.

But it's nice that he's bringing the online poker issue out to the general public, as that can only be a good thing.
    Regardless of your opinion of his legitimacy as a candidate, he's brought out TONNES of topics to the general public. He's shifted the conversation of a lot of issues.

He's the most right wing politician i've ever liked.
    Last edited by MrTickle; 10-27-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Benford View Post
    I think Negreanu endorsed Yang a couple weeks ago...

Sounds like some poker player got a hold of his ear for a minute. Beautiful

Load Metric

I'm disappointed to see bad-faith, uncharitable arguments coming from you. That, and you address practically none of what I've written. All this does is point to the fact that you have nothing to back up your point of view.

This isnt my first rodeo, I know when it's not worth pursuing a topic with someone.

Sorry you're disappointed.

Have a great day regardless.

Diamond
    Load Metric

This isnt my first rodeo, I know when it's not worth pursuing a topic with someone.

Sorry you're disappointed.

Have a great day regardless.

Charles Barkley said it best on the TNT Pregame show a few days ago:

Everyone wants your opinion; until they find out its different than yours.

That being said, reading Diggydow's political discourse on here is kinda turning me on.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    hmmm. Just sayin.

Thread Information