Page 45 of 223 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Apparently a memo was leaked yesterday from a South Carolina focus group, where it was found that black voters are "uncomfortable" with Pete Buttigieg being gay, and won't vote for him.

While liberal on most other issues, many black voters have not warmed up to the mainstream acceptance of gays, and they quietly will display that at the ballot box. When Proposition 8 passed, which made same sex marriage (briefly) illegal in California, it was discovered that the "Yes" side managed to defy polls because black people showed up to vote for Barack Obama, while simultaneously voting yes on 8. Often these same voters kept these anti-gay sentiments to themselves when asked during opinion polls, thus leading to the surprise victory of prop 8.

Anyway, it's hard to win the Democratic nomination if barely any black people support you. This not only plagues Buttigieg, but also Warren and Sanders.

Hence another reason why my +500 bets on Biden are a steal.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    YouTube/Google is screwing with Tulsi Gabbard and blocking her search results.

Seriously.

Jump to about 8:30.

FYI Crowder is telling the truth about his "Change My Mind" videos being hidden from US search results. I found that myself and couldn't understand it, BEFORE Crowder himself found out about it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: First valid report by Crowder in the history of his “comedy” show.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Apparently a memo was leaked yesterday from a South Carolina focus group, where it was found that black voters are "uncomfortable" with Pete Buttigieg being gay, and won't vote for him.

While liberal on most other issues, many black voters have not warmed up to the mainstream acceptance of gays, and they quietly will display that at the ballot box. When Proposition 8 passed, which made same sex marriage (briefly) illegal in California, it was discovered that the "Yes" side managed to defy polls because black people showed up to vote for Barack Obama, while simultaneously voting yes on 8. Often these same voters kept these anti-gay sentiments to themselves when asked during opinion polls, thus leading to the surprise victory of prop 8.

Anyway, it's hard to win the Democratic nomination if barely any black people support you. This not only plagues Buttigieg, but also Warren and Sanders.

Hence another reason why my +500 bets on Biden are a steal.
    well known fact that coons and mexicans hate fags more than anyone

Load Metric
    New CNN Poll: Joe Biden Increases Lead Over Political Rivals, Highest Support Since April

interesting. the guy had a stroke on national tv and widens his lead. good news for druff's bet.

https://www.mediaite.com/election-20...t-since-april/

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    well known fact that coons and mexicans hate fags more than anyone
    Given your views on OSA, which one are you then?
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    New CNN Poll: Joe Biden Increases Lead Over Political Rivals, Highest Support Since April

interesting. the guy had a stroke on national tv and widens his lead. good news for druff's bet.

i hate to be one of 'those' but are we really putting that much faith in that poll? i view it as a curious bit of advertising mostly based entirely on the blooming narrative about the democratic base bemoaning the lack of a candidate who isnt somehow more fundamentally flawed than biden.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

Biden has three big strengths here.

First off, he's already established and well known, so his stupid remarks and mental slips aren't going to hurt him like they would a newer candidate. If you liked Biden in 2018, you like him in 2019. Uncle Joe has been saying dumb shit for decades. So it's hard for him to lose support if he commits gaffes or looks low-energy on TV.

Second, he's the go-to guy for black voters now that Kamala Harris has fallen off and Cory Booker never got off the ground.

Third, none of the other candidates are strong or exciting enough to create a "wow" factor and send him packing. In the 2008 election, Barack Obama had that wow factor and very quickly crushed Hillary once he gained momentum. The same thing won't happen here. There is no Obama equivalent for the 2020 Democrats. The fact that Elizabeth Warren is his primary rival at this point speaks volumes.

This isn't too different from the 2008 and 2012 Repubilcan fields, where a weak candidate emerged after everyone else basically beat themselves. Sometimes when the field around you is weak, you just sit and wait for everyone else to self-destruct, and that's what Biden is doing.

I'm not saying I'm sure he will be the winner, but for 5-to-1, you just need an idea that he's not a longshot, and the bet is +EV.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW it's pretty obvious at this point that Tulsi is running to be Bernie's VP, and Castro is running to be Warren's VP.

Bernie recently came out on Twitter in defense of Tulsi, which is more than just him taking a passive-aggressive swipe at Hillary. It was assumed when she attacked Harris in that one debate, that she was doing it on behalf of Bernie, who always likes to make it appear he's not negative campaigning.

Castro has been kissing Warren's ass for a long time now.

Of course, none of this will matter if Biden wins the primary. But you may see Tulsi going after Biden and Warren soon. Castro already attempted to hit Biden at one point, but came off looking like a fool.

Load Metric
    BTW it's pretty obvious at this point that Tulsi is running to be Bernie's VP, and Castro is running to be Warren's VP.

Bernie recently came out on Twitter in defense of Tulsi, which is more than just him taking a passive-aggressive swipe at Hillary. It was assumed when she attacked Harris in that one debate, that she was doing it on behalf of Bernie, who always likes to make it appear he's not negative campaigning.

Castro has been kissing Warren's ass for a long time now.

Of course, none of this will matter if Biden wins the primary. But you may see Tulsi going after Biden and Warren soon. Castro already attempted to hit Biden at one point, but came off looking like a fool.
    Would you believe that I actually agree with your commentary here? Given how often we usually disagree on matters in this thread, that kinda gets me a little tingly.

Name:  A6903E1F-83FF-4BB2-B005-9A92934CEF82.gif
Views: 315
Size:  496.9 KB

With that thought in mind, let’s see if you agree with my current thought on who Joe Biden is currently eyeing as his VP pick if he wins the nomination? I’ll let you go first.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Oh Cory

Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

With that thought in mind, let’s see if you agree with my current thought on who Joe Biden is currently eyeing as his VP pick if he wins the nomination? I’ll let you go first.
    Dunno if it'll happen, but he wants Stacey Abrams. I could see Buttigieg. The two seem to get along. Would be first gay VP since Spiro Agnew (bi). Apparently he also talked to Yang about VP slot, and Yang was receptive. I don't see that happening, but it'd be interesting.

Last edited by SPIT this; 10-23-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Load Metric
    it looked to me like cory booker has been pushing hard to be biden's VP

Load Metric
    So it's one of these three or Hillary Clinton again for the Democratic nominee, whoever the DNC, I mean the voters choose?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    doesn't brown 83 think booker is going to get the democratic nod for the party?
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    as much of what's been said or written about where each candidate stands in terms of voters share, there's plenty of time for more shake ups and also some shenanigans.

i mean, there's so much contempt for one reason or another about the top 3 that puts them in position to lose or not stay in the lead on any given given day. never mind in 3 months-yr.

i think most democrat's want a better choice or person as well. not that mimi obama is that person, but i don't think it would take that much for her to get some traction if she embarked on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    DISH LEARN WHAT +500 MEANS

Comments

1marley1: It means you’re burning $500...

tony bagadonuts: Offset, it's a good value bet

Load Metric
    YouTube/Google is screwing with Tulsi Gabbard and blocking her search results.

Seriously.

Jump to about 8:30.

FYI Crowder is telling the truth about his "Change My Mind" videos being hidden from US search results. I found that myself and couldn't understand it, BEFORE Crowder himself found out about it.
    First Crowder link for me. Obv I’m interested in the behind the scenes Tulsi shenanigans. Reaffirms my faith in US democracy

I am not the least bit surprised. The Crowder value is the “dead_to_rights” evidence.

Trump’s guy Parscale remarkably & quite candidly gave us his playbook after the game.

I just laugh at Russians and all the other noise on the webz. Of course that shit goes on but it was just seasoning for the stew.

Haven’t used google for a search in months. Same trash can as Facebook.

Got a confession. You guys post these twitter addresses but I don’t have the Twitter app. I can search then read a guys twitter and I have a few favorites but let’s be real. I am quite sure I am not missing a thing.

Folks have no code. That is the beauty of capitalism. I don’t have to shop at your store if you are fucking with the customers. and I won’t

Load Metric
    I am also tailing Druff’s Biden play.

Name:  30A64345-E51F-410E-AFB7-AA9C7F7701BC.jpeg
Views: 284
Size:  172.7 KB

If Trump doesn’t get impeached (and he won’t) even I am probably voting Biden. He’s infirm and he’ll be embalmed come second term but he’s the least crazy.

He embraces his gaffes. It’s kind of an endearing honesty which is rare.

Biden has lots of room for stupidity too. People, especially Republican refugees, aren’t really going to pull the Warren lever. Years of watching her insincerity in Massachusetts is enough evidence for me.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-24-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Load Metric
    one can do much worse than a president biden, regardless of ones political affiliation.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    DISH LEARN WHAT +500 MEANS

Fk no, I won't even touch +800, I'm a gambler not some pussy. 4 DIGITS MIN OR BUST

Comments

sonatine: mount god play

Thread Information