Page 203 of 223 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    you know, i'm watching bernie get interviewed by maddow right now and think he comes off as 1000 times more likable than when he's in campaign mode.

he's actually selling me on medicare for all.

his interview with rogan is another example of this.

when he tries to package himself for 'the big stage' its just a cringey fucking disaster.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    you know, i'm watching bernie get interviewed by maddow right now and think he comes off as 1000 times more likable than when he's in campaign mode.

Ready for super high taxes and waiting 4 months to get care?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

you ruined it for me

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

you ruined it for me
    Bernie does have a way of making it sound so good and sensible. Add that to the line of "every first world country does it except us, and they have longer life expectancies", and it's easy to support without really researching the truth.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

By comparison

"U.S. federal income tax brackets range from 10% to 37% for individuals. In Canada, the range is 15% to 33%. In the U.S., the lowest tax bracket for the tax year ending 2019 is 10% for an individual earning $9,700 and jumps to 22% for those earning $39,476. The corresponding bottom Canadian bracket stays at 15% until $47,630. This is the bulk of the reason that lower-income Canadians are often better off than their American counterparts."

https://www.investopedia.com/financi...americans.aspx

Oh and just to rub it in a bit, you know the Financial Crisis y'all just went through ten years ago?
    Didn't know it happened till after the fact. Wasn't touched by it

Segregate, deregulate, suffer

You just went through your shite Medical process and you come out with this?

Load Metric
    its super possible that biden gets himself a sarah palin caliber vp who manages to find the nearest camera before demanding that ice and the cia be forced to wear the black.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    These discussions are just lol. Hilldawg brought out more moderates than Biden ever will, and someone tell me how you expect this guy to excite voters and somehow not lose worse than Hillary did? None of these candidates have a chance, Bernie at least could possibly resonate more with the youth and black vote a la Obama and possibly shake things up on the fully national stage. Biden is literally just a less appealing Clinton to the average voter, and the creepy Joe thing is going to ruin him if he gets the nomination.
    Last edited by VaughnP; 03-04-2020 at 08:34 PM.

Load Metric

you ruined it for me
    Bernie does have a way of making it sound so good and sensible. Add that to the line of "every first world country does it except us, and they have longer life expectancies", and it's easy to support without really researching the truth.
    Challenge: Try and go a month without saying something to the tune of "it sounds good in theory, but it doesn't work when you really think about it."

You say it every week on the radio

Load Metric

you ruined it for me
    His plan is more extreme, but those countries in the middle definitely seem like they're on to something, no?

Name:  8406b78626bb1ef3f4dd092e4b0361da.png
Views: 324
Size:  70.3 KB

Name:  5fe92772c9b5546b672fffa3b6a2d558.png
Views: 315
Size:  43.4 KB
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 03-04-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

His plan is def more extreme, but those countries in the middle definitely seem like they're on to something, no?

Name:  8406b78626bb1ef3f4dd092e4b0361da.png
Views: 324
Size:  70.3 KB

Name:  5fe92772c9b5546b672fffa3b6a2d558.png
Views: 315
Size:  43.4 KB
    AND what is left out of the question is the cost of military interests. Not many Americans dare speak out about the exorbitant costs involved in defending against the evil out there or in other words maintaining a dominant self indulgent presence in the world.

The richest country ever rots from within because of it's nature of greed and ignorance

I must say you're following a time honored template

OMG would I love to go on.....just google hatred vs. U.S.A.
    You're sure to come up with plenty
    It's not just me.

You're so close to being gonged it's not funny.
    Chuck Berris would be proud

Suck on a Shake Shack

VaughnP staring on with disbelief
    Last edited by limitles; 03-04-2020 at 08:47 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    These discussions are just lol. Hilldawg brought out more moderates than Biden ever will, and someone tell me how you expect this guy to excite voters and somehow not lose worse than Hillary did? None of these candidates have a chance, Bernie at least could possibly resonate more with the youth and black vote a la Obama and possibly shake things up on the fully national stage. Biden is literally just a less appealing Clinton to the average voter, and the creepy Joe thing is going to ruin him if he gets the nomination.

i'm not telling you biden will win, but as a matter of scientific fact, biden is three trillion times better with black voters than bernie. not sure why that's true, but it's proven by the exit polls. i think it has to do with bernie's angry old jewish man vibe. if bernie was even slightly better with black voters, this race would be over and biden would have dropped out today.

a democrat simply can't win the general election without the black vote, and since biden has it, he has a chance.

counterpoint, biden is suffering from full-blown dementia.

so coinflip imo

Load Metric
    Name:  D35DB5C8-5F17-4CDD-9353-5959BDE0CED6.jpeg
Views: 441
Size:  45.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Name:  D35DB5C8-5F17-4CDD-9353-5959BDE0CED6.jpeg
Views: 441
Size:  45.6 KB

Load Metric

you ruined it for me
    The truth is if Bernie Sanders isn't the Democratic nominee, Bernie Bros will not support Joe Biden.

Bernie Bros will either not vote or vote for Donald Trump.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

The truth is if Bernie Sanders isn't the Democratic nominee, Bernie Bros will not support Joe Biden.

Bernie Bros will either not vote or vote for Donald Trump.

Almost never disagree with you but this is something I can't imagine to be true

Load Metric
    Current delegate count...

Joe Biden...566 delegates

Bernie Sanders...501 delegates

Elizabeth Warren...61 delegates

Mike Bloomberg...53 delegates

Pete Buttigieg...26 delegates

Amy Klobuchar...7 delegates

Tulsi Gabbard...1 delegate

Load Metric
    its interesting to me that approximately 100% of the teambiden sosh media posts i see are inclusive, confident, positive, goal oriented, and emotionally even keeled, while 100% of the teambernie posts are literally RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE E.

Load Metric
    Came in the mail yesterday. Really nice post card seems expensive.

Name:  75EFA2BF-B1BA-41E7-AE27-C8827825027E.jpeg
Views: 425
Size:  2.35 MB

Comments

sonatine: frame that shit

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have to admire the DNC for one thing.

They finally stood up to the Berniebro lunatic fringe progressive wing, and said enough is enough.

They pandered to them for years, and finally they threw up their hands and puched the entire movement in the nose.

For so long, we've seen little whispers from them trying to hint that extremism just hurts the party and helps Republicans win, and it's been ignored and scoffed at. The continuous message out of the left was, "Either you're for everything we say, or you're an evil corporatist shill who is just as bad as the Republicans."

They allowed themselves to get browbeat by this small, vocal minority, until the vocal minority grew and wasn't so small anymore, because it became the party norm. The rational thought got booed off the stage for too long, and the new normal was insanity. We had Presidential candidates listing their (super obvious) preferred pronouns on their Twitter! That's how bad it got.

The DNC finally had enough, pooled their influence, came up with a plan, and spanked Bernie into near-oblivion. This despite the fact that their own "viable" candidate was a senile weirdo who flopped badly in every other attempt he made to run for President. They got together, pressured the right people, got the right dropouts and endorsements, and this confused stooge killed it on Super Tuesday.

The DNC took back their party from the freaks, at least for now. They're still gonna lose to Trump, and what they did doesn't really speak well for the democracy they claim they hold so dear, but at least I give them credit for finally standing up to the militant segment ruining their party.

Load Metric
    I have to admire the DNC for one thing.

They finally stood up to the Berniebro lunatic fringe progressive wing, and said enough is enough.

They pandered to them for years, and finally they threw up their hands and puched the entire movement in the nose.

For so long, we've seen little whispers from them trying to hint that extremism just hurts the party and helps Republicans win, and it's been ignored and scoffed at. The continuous message out of the left was, "Either you're for everything we say, or you're an evil corporatist shill who is just as bad as the Republicans."

They allowed themselves to get browbeat by this small, vocal minority, until the vocal minority grew and wasn't so small anymore, because it became the party norm. The rational thought got booed off the stage for too long, and the new normal was insanity. We had Presidential candidates listing their (super obvious) preferred pronouns on their Twitter! That's how bad it got.

The DNC finally had enough, pooled their influence, came up with a plan, and spanked Bernie into near-oblivion. This despite the fact that their own "viable" candidate was a senile weirdo who flopped badly in every other attempt he made to run for President. They got together, pressured the right people, got the right dropouts and endorsements, and this confused stooge killed it on Super Tuesday.

The DNC took back their party from the freaks, at least for now. They're still gonna lose to Trump, and what they did doesn't really speak well for the democracy they claim they hold so dear, but at least I give them credit for finally standing up to the militant segment ruining their party.

Well..... considering they did the same shit 4 years ago I wouldn’t say this is a “new thing”.

That said it is a good thing for the rest of us.

Thread Information