Page 131 of 223 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Jesus - just came here to post the exact same.

I mean I’m sure there is a lot policy I’m not going to side with, but Pete “sounds” like an adult.
    He is a superior public speaker. Regardless of policy, it is an important part of the job.

He has my attention
    Buttigieg is well spoken imo and frankly I do agree with some things he has to say.

In any case, He seems to state his points calmly, confidently, and clearly, without acting like he is some raging lunatic who just came out of a bar after a few drinks and decided to sputter a bunch of shit.

I never thought I'd say this, because frankly I've been trying to steer away from politics in general the past couple of years for my own sanity and well being - but like Sanlmar said, this guy has my attention.

Let's see how this plays out

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I do feel a bit bad for Mayor Pete.

They hit him with a totally unfair question at the end, asking him how he can explain why black arrests for drug offenses went up in South Bend during his term as mayor.

How the fuck is he supposed to answer that? He can't control who is committing crimes. Also, the question ignored the fact that crime went up everywhere starting in 2014 (thanks to Obama, but that's a different discussion topic).

I always hate the line of reasoning of, "X percent of black men are in prison, so therefore the justice system is racist." That's such an oversimplification of the matter, but I guess it works great for pandering and blaming the right.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Overall, though, these debates aren't a good thing for the Democratic Party, as it makes them look bad to swing voters.

Among the things we have repeatedly seen:

- Trump derangement syndrome on display

- Super obsession with climate change to the point of it finding its way into every debate topic

- Pandering to the extreme left and most candidates being terrified to call out some of these positions as being crazy. Like, reparations were actually being discussed on stage. Wow.

Most swing voters aren't going to come away with the idea of, "Yeah, one of these people totally represents me and my values."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I do feel a bit bad for Mayor Pete.

They hit him with a totally unfair question at the end, asking him how he can explain why black arrests for drug offenses went up in South Bend during his term as mayor.

How the fuck is he supposed to answer that? He can't control who is committing crimes. Also, the question ignored the fact that crime went up everywhere starting in 2014 (thanks to Obama, but that's a different discussion topic).

I always hate the line of reasoning of, "X percent of black men are in prison, so therefore the justice system is racist." That's such an oversimplification of the matter, but I guess it works great for pandering and blaming the right.
    peta did a good job of convoulting his answer so that nobody could understand wtf he was talking about. tony caught it though..lol

and lol @ racism..racism will always be a major thing even when it's not. you have to recognize it as a problem in order to get votes or not look like a white supremist

whenever i hear the word "systemic" i cringe
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Overall, though, these debates aren't a good thing for the Democratic Party, as it makes them look bad to swing voters.

Among the things we have repeatedly seen:

- Trump derangement syndrome on display

- Super obsession with climate change to the point of it finding its way into every debate topic

- Pandering to the extreme left and most candidates being terrified to call out some of these positions as being crazy. Like, reparations were actually being discussed on stage. Wow.

Most swing voters aren't going to come away with the idea of, "Yeah, one of these people totally represents me and my values."
    This post is about me. Never actually thought about the poor marketing to Swing voters

The Trump derangement

I have never listened to more than one Democratic debate in my entire life. I am trying REAL hard.

I was never going to vote for Hillary Clinton. I am open to thoughtful debate now. Be respectful of my previous choice or I’ll tune you out again and you can’t afford that.

Yang boldly offered that, “Trump was a symptom, not the problem”. Well played. Don’t insult me or I will snap you off clean. You offered Hillary. Let’s both agree to move forward

The reparations thing was mind blowing and demonstrated enormous tolerance on my part.

I guarantee there will be DNC fuckery at the convention and I will snap shitcan them. Thus, I will be exonerated from any future liability or wrong doing.

Load Metric
    I’m really glad Pete has zero chance because I can’t stand that dude and would sit out before voting for him.

I already thought he was full of shit being the favorite of billionaire donors while going on about campaign finance reform, but considering all his comments about hating the electoral college and how popular vote should be the only thing that matters, him running out the other night and declaring victory after he got hammered on first alignment, second alignment, and lost the popular vote convincingly was scummy even for a politician. He should have been a log cabin republican given his popularity in this thread.

I heard them mention Yangs opiate plan, so I looked it up and it’s so incredibly idiotic it’s almost impressive. It’s like a five point plan and every single point is ass backwards and the whole thing would kill people while at the same time hassling non-addicts with the bonus of jamming up ERs and rehabs and costing a gazillion dollars.
    Mandatory 72 hour forced rehab for people overdosing. Lol. Detox takes a week minimum. Its literally peak misery at 72 hours. You’d have people getting out and killing their mom or girlfriend who called the EMTs and overdosing again a half hour later.

Biden is just so fucking bad. How you manage to get schooled by steyer of all people and start talking that black people love me polling shit. Stuttering and I’m the guy I’m the guy I’m the guy. He’s so dead he may even fuck up South Carolina.

Warren was off and she’s rarely on.

Bernie was Bernie.

Amy was actually good, but she has no prayer.

This field is so bad.

Trump -950

Comments

Dan Druff: lol, can't disagree with any of this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I actually do believe that Mayor Pete is just a smooth talking phony, though. I can't even figure out if he's truly a liberal or a moderate, and that's not a good thing.

He and Warren hate each other, but they're more alike than they realize.

Load Metric
    I actually do believe that Mayor Pete is just a smooth talking phony, though. I can't even figure out if he's truly a liberal or a moderate, and that's not a good thing.

The Only person on that lineup who remotely comes off as presidential is Pete, but I don’t know a lot about him.

Biden really comes off like crazy ole grandpa

Sanders can’t stop talking about free shit, neither can Sitting Bull and yang is to the left of both of them.

I have no idea what Steyer was doing on stage. No idea at all. Just some dude nobody knows who gets to troll the Field on stage.

Amy seems like a nice person and seems somewhat experienced but at one point she sounded like she was going to burst into tears. Didn’t come off as stable enough to handle the job, and that’s probably unfair considering who is in the office now.

It’s really hard to wrap my mind around one of these people having a real shot at being the POTUS

Load Metric
    the thing about pete is, he's gay.

and that's just not going to work in 2020.

2036? maybe. but not now.

if he were to get the nomination, a solid 20% of the country would believe that pete is literally the antichrist. that's a mild exaggeration, at best. evangelical turnout would be at 100%.

there are countries we have to deal with where being gay is literally a crime.

didn't putin say there are no gay people in russia, or do i have that confused with someone else? i know iran's leader said the same thing.

i'm not sure how foreign relations would work with a gay president

Comments

MumblesBadly: Seriously, dude! Those 20% are already Trump cultists. Say something about the *rest* of the electorate to make a meaningful point about this electionz

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Biden is just so fucking bad. How you manage to get schooled by steyer of all people and start talking that black people love me polling shit. Stuttering and I’m the guy I’m the guy I’m the guy. He’s so dead he may even fuck up South Carolina.

Name:  Pretty+obtainable+cockroach_05f345_7358331.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  116.5 KB

but i disagree. peta has a lot more than zero chance to win. iowa momentum is already carrying over to NH............the buzz is back and it's even bigger this time
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I have no idea what Steyer was doing on stage. No idea at all. Just some dude nobody knows who gets to troll the Field on stage.
    Name:  MIfgJ.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  223.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

if he were to get the nomination, a solid 20% of the country would believe that pete is literally the antichrist. that's a mild exaggeration, at best. evangelical turnout would be at 100%.

didn't putin say there are no gay people in russia, or do i have that confused with someone else? i know iran's leader said the same thing.

Evangelical? How about garden variety Catholics

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

The president of Brazil has some real gems when it comes to gays.

At a routine morning meeting with journalists in the capital, the president complained that media have accused him of being a racist and committing crimes against the environment. Then he told one reporter, “Your face looks an awful lot like a homosexual's, but that's no reason to accuse you of being a homosexual.”
    "I would be incapable of loving a gay son", and added that he would prefer any gay son of his "to die in an accident"
    If your child starts to become like that, a little gay, you take a whip and you change their behavior."

Load Metric

The Only person on that lineup who remotely comes off as presidential is Pete, but I don’t know a lot about him.

Sanders can’t stop talking about free shit, neither can Sitting Bull and yang is to the left of both of them.

Amy seems like a nice person and seems somewhat experienced but at one point she sounded like she was going to burst into tears. Didn’t come off as stable enough to handle the job, and that’s probably unfair considering who is in the office now.

It’s really hard to wrap my mind around one of these people having a real shot at being the POTUS
    If you mean weaseling out of answering a valid question to avoid revealing being a rightwing fuckstick is presidential, I guess he did alright.

One of Buttigieg’s biggest weaknesses is among black voters, specifically when it comes to his record as mayor of South Bend, Ind. And it’s a record that he didn’t want to talk about when it came to an increase of marijuana arrests among African-Americans when he led the city.

“The reality is, on my watch, drug arrests in South Bend were lower than the national average, and specifically lower than in Indiana,” Buttigieg said, avoiding the question about the increase of arrests over marijuana during his term. He then spoke about opiate arrests and the crack epidemic of the 1990s.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    but really though, pete being gay would cost him like 45 states.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

If you mean weaseling out of answering a valid question to avoid revealing being a rightwing fuckstick is presidential, I guess he did alright.

One of Buttigieg’s biggest weaknesses is among black voters, specifically when it comes to his record as mayor of South Bend, Ind. And it’s a record that he didn’t want to talk about when it came to an increase of marijuana arrests among African-Americans when he led the city.

“The reality is, on my watch, drug arrests in South Bend were lower than the national average, and specifically lower than in Indiana,” Buttigieg said, avoiding the question about the increase of arrests over marijuana during his term. He then spoke about opiate arrests and the crack epidemic of the 1990s.

So Mumbles hates him, that’s another positive point.

Load Metric
    bernie being bernie would cost him 47 states.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Michael Bloomberg was recorded saying that Bernie would have walked away within it in 2016.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

So Mumbles hates him, that’s another positive point.
    mumbles supports whatever candidate he thinks will give him the most free stuff. he's made that pretty clear.

Comments

MumblesBadly: I support the candidate is most likely to give rightwing criminals one-way tickets to the federal lock-up.

Load Metric
    you know whats kinda cashed?

centerist dems freaking out about the party moving left while failing utterly to admit that the dnc / democrat core has been bricking from the free throw line like 80% since 2015.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    you know whats kinda cashed?

centerist dems freaking out about the party moving left while failing utterly to admit that the dnc / democrat core has been bricking from the free throw line like 80% since 2015.
    the issue is that centrist dems might have more in common with republicans than they do the AOC wing of the party

Comments

MumblesBadly: Which is why they have lost so much support of ordinary Americans, you moron!

Thread Information