Page 13 of 223 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Diamond
    Load Metric
    whats up libtards, im liking the lack of enthusiasm here an hr into the debate

Load Metric
    What are the odds of a woman becoming President and the Lakers winning an NBA championship next year?

Comments

MumblesBadly: 25% and 0%, respectively.

Load Metric
    tulsi gabbard is light years better than all the other democratic candidates. i think that all democrats, independents and republicans can agree on that

Comments

Tellafriend: i agree; but am confident most democrats do not

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    A gas card swap?
    Not likely to be anywhere near a close swap, as I drive about 100,000 miles a year in a vehicle that gets about 8 MPG, and I’m usually super cheap whe it comes to using those points.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    tulsi gabbard is light years better than all the other democratic candidates. i think that all democrats, independents and republicans can agree on that
    I thought she did well but "light years better" is an overstatement. John Delaney impressed me the most last night, followed by Gabbard and Klobuchar.

Castro was impressive as was Warren although I disagree with just about everything she says.

Beto was again exposed as a fucking zero, De Blasio is a blustering boob and Jay Inslee is an empty suit.

De Blasio and Warren are disqualified for their desire to eliminate private health insurance. Delaney nailed it with his response to keep what's working and fix what isn't.

One size fits all is classic collectivism and really means one size fits none.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Delaney should run against Trump in the GOP nomination race.

Load Metric
    Surely Gabbard can’t win after her links to the Ba’ath party.

Load Metric
    Truth be told...

Name:  7F4C9893-98F8-4081-8F75-C85C2445FE43.jpeg
Views: 679
Size:  242.3 KB

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    polished politician Katherine harris looks like the big winner from debate #1 after playing the race card

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    polished politician Katherine harris looks like the big winner from debate #1 after playing the race card

here's hoping that race card was a petard she hoisted herself upon
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

here's hoping that race card was a petard she hoisted herself upon
    Name:  23C90FD5-A436-4C19-B1F6-AB274B670125.jpeg
Views: 594
Size:  142.8 KB

Load Metric
    Anyone wanna gamble w/ me? I'm all in on Queen Tulsi Gabbard

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tulsi Gabbard is likely going nowhere.

A look at the polls shows she's almost in dead last -- very difficult to overcome in mid-July in the year prior to the election.

Right now, it shows that Democrats are ridin' with Biden:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...tion-6730.html

Warren and Bernie are going to split the same 30% of the far-left vote, and neither is going to make it. If Bernie dropped out and endorsed Warren, she'd have a shot. Right now, she doesn't.

Buttigieg has his strong supporters, but he's really going nowhere. He's spinning his wheels at 5-7% support. His age and inexperience are probably going to kill him.

Kamala Harris is honestly the strongest challenger to Biden, as she might pick up votes when Bernie and Warren lose steam, and might overtake Biden for #1.

Load Metric
    I suppose it's interesting to talk about it but in the end TRUMP is a mortal lock to win in 2020

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Democrats should want either Biden or Harris against Trump.

Biden is really old and is prone to saying a lot of dumb things, plus he's got that creepily touching girls/women thing going on. However, Trump somewhat cancels some of that out, with both his own tendency to say dumb things and his own checkered history with how he's treated women. Biden is a known name and fairly moderate, which can pull some of those swing voters back from Trump. He's also a lock for the Dems to take back PA.

Harris might bring out excitement from the left because she's black, female, and not an establishment politician. While farther left than Biden, she's not seen as extreme like Warren and Sanders are, and could manage to win over some swing voters.

The worst scenario for Democrats would be a primary victory for Warren or Sanders. Swing voters in key states will bristle at their extreme left agendas, and even the ones disappointed in Trump will hold their noses and vote for him again. Plus both have their own issues. Bernie is old and appears even older than he is. He also has a tremendously hard time appealing to anyone besides young people and rural Democrats. Warren comes off as bitchy, awkward, and unlikable, and she also has the whole fake Native thing and the LOL DNA test dogging her. Neither are likely to be very appealing to swing voters.

Load Metric
    Those “lefties” at Google playing favorites with lefty presidential candidates again!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    i MEAN. HE KNOWS HIS MOM IS A DIRTY SLUT THAT ADVISED HIS DAD'S GOALS

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Snead View Post

COME AND GET IT. YOU FILTHY FUCKS.

YOU GUYS CAN LICK MY BALLS.

THAT'S WHY YOU DO BEST.

Bronze
    Load Metric

COME AND GET IT. YOU FILTHY FUCKS.

YOU GUYS CAN LICK MY BALLS.

THAT'S WHY YOU DO BEST.

TRUMP LAWYERS CAN LICK MY SALTY SACK.

STORMY DANIELS DID THE SAME.

MELANIA CAN HAVE MY GUACAMOLE IN PURE.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Democrats should want either Biden or Harris against Trump.

Biden is really old and is prone to saying a lot of dumb things, plus he's got that creepily touching girls/women thing going on. However, Trump somewhat cancels some of that out, with both his own tendency to say dumb things and his own checkered history with how he's treated women. Biden is a known name and fairly moderate, which can pull some of those swing voters back from Trump. He's also a lock for the Dems to take back PA.

Harris might bring out excitement from the left because she's black, female, and not an establishment politician. While farther left than Biden, she's not seen as extreme like Warren and Sanders are, and could manage to win over some swing voters.

The worst scenario for Democrats would be a primary victory for Warren or Sanders. Swing voters in key states will bristle at their extreme left agendas, and even the ones disappointed in Trump will hold their noses and vote for him again. Plus both have their own issues. Bernie is old and appears even older than he is. He also has a tremendously hard time appealing to anyone besides young people and rural Democrats. Warren comes off as bitchy, awkward, and unlikable, and she also has the whole fake Native thing and the LOL DNA test dogging her. Neither are likely to be very appealing to swing voters.
    I agree with all of this. And no matter who ends up getting nomination I think Trump is a lock in 2020. I also thought Hilary was a lock so hopefully I'm wrong again.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Marianne Williamson is kinda owning faces up there tonight.

That speaks volumes frankly.

Thread Information