Page 123 of 223 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

1) watch him get crushed in a state he has a shot to win this fall
    2) watch him get crushed in a state he has a shot to win this fall
    3) fire away
    4) watch him eek out a win in a state he has no shot to win this fall
    Not sure what you're trying to say here.

He was considered a yuuuuuuuuuuuge favorite in SC, and now is coming back down to earth, trending toward even money, because of his bad performance in IA. The betting markets tend to be over-reactive to results, especially in situations like these.
    Was more a commentary on Biden’s chances in the General election than anything else.

I could see him winning SC in the primary fairly easily (which is your point) but he would get smoked there by 45.

If he is the nominee he would very likely win NH, even though he probably will get tuned up there in the primary.

Load Metric

He was considered a yuuuuuuuuuuuge favorite in SC, and now is coming back down to earth, trending toward even money, because of his bad performance in IA. The betting markets tend to be over-reactive to results, especially in situations like these.
    Was more a commentary on Biden’s chances in the General election than anything else.

I could see him winning SC in the primary fairly easily (which is your point) but he would get smoked there by 45.

If he is the nominee he would very likely win NH, even though he probably will get tuned up there in the primary.
    This is irrelevant to our bets.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I will decide after SC if I want to hedge on my +500 Biden bets by grabbing Bernie. But now isn't the right time to hedge, as Biden winning SC will make the odds a little better to fire Bernie.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's an error message people were getting.

Notice the SQL in the message itself, which is a huge no-no for user interfaces.

Though this looks like an intentional attempt to generate an error message with fake info (voter name "S").

Would love to see the real message.

Load Metric
    Iowa just found out that Pete Buttigieg is gay and takes it up the ass.

And they want their votes back.

Shocking moment Iowa caucus member demands to change her vote after she realizes Pete Buttigieg is gay and married to a man

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...igieg-gay.html

Load Metric

must watch and i agree with every word of it. he basically says the democrats suck and that bernie will have no power, even if he won

"why does tom perez still have a job?"

"we shouldn't be trying to be the british labour party."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

must watch and i agree with every word of it. he basically says the democrats suck and that bernie will have no power, even if he won

wait isnt that exactly what i said to you about 'why people dont need to freak out about bernie' and you were like super blasé about it?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

wait isnt that exactly what i said to you about 'why people dont need to freak out about bernie' and you were like super blasé about it?

no, he's saying it's a terrible thing if bernie has no power -- not a good thing, like you seem to think. he's suggesting there would be a republican landslide in congress if a bernie sanders won.

but if you watch the video, he's also saying bernie will get killed by trump, which he will.

carville would like an actual functioning adult running and not an ideologue

Comments

sonatine: oh!

Load Metric
    also, i obv wasn't around for it, but i'm reading the comparisons between bernie and george mcgovern and they sound real

cliffs are that mcgovern ran on the most liberal platform ever, the democrats were really excited about him, and nixon won 520 to 17 electoral votes

Load Metric
    also, i obv wasn't around for it, but i'm reading the comparisons between bernie and george mcgovern and they sound real

cliffs are that mcgovern ran on the most liberal platform ever, the democrats were really excited about him, and nixon won 520 to 17 electoral votes
    Nixon was massively popular in 1972, especially after he made that surprise trip to China in late winter, and them shortly before the election announced a pending peace deal with North Vietnam, and ending the military draft by replacing it with all-voluntary armed services.

In McGovern’s time, the Democratic Party was still quite split on the Vietnam War, with most of the blue collar union members still quite hawkish and supporting Nixon, especially because McGovern was promising to drastically reduce defense spending and the size of the US military but with nothing like the Green New Deal to serve as an alternative driver of good paying jobs.

P.S. In 1972, as a budding Young Republican, I successfully debated in favor of Nixon in my Social Studies class Presidential Debate against a hippy-ish female classmate who passionately was in favor of McGovern. In Ben Shapiro-speak, I “DESTROYED” her by getting her so worked up, she started cursing at me for how I was “[Expletive deleted] lying” and such things, which prompted the teacher to stop the debate and have the class vote on who would be class section president. The results of that classroom election essentially mirrored what happened in the Electoral College for Nixon and McGovern.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 02-04-2020 at 07:10 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    u know what, I think today might be peak trump: democrats have already used their most nuclear option, impeachment, and looked like complete trainwrecks in iowa for no reason to start their primaries with Bernie an easy general opponent looking the best

peak trump tmrw too

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    u know what, I think today might be peak trump: democrats have already used their most nuclear option, impeachment, and looked like complete trainwrecks in iowa for no reason to start their primaries with Bernie an easy general opponent looking the best

peak trump tmrw too

thats one way to find out which 52% of the population is beyond redemption.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    also id be totally cool with president bloomberg except he's probably pardon trump and fuck that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Nixon was massively popular in 1972, especially after he made that surprise trip to China in late winter, and them shortly before the election announced a pending peace deal with North Vietnam, and ending the military draft by replacing it with all-voluntary armed services.
    Fun bit from the Nixon tapes (after he went to China, right before he met with Russia):

Nixon: The hope thing. The China thing [the Nixon-Mao summit three months before] was important from one standpoint only—hope. The American people are suckers. “Getting to know you”—all that bullshit. They’re for “people to people.”

Kissinger: Yeah, but it’s for precisely that reason to go there under these circumstances and to cater to that group, it’s just—

Nixon: It’s not—it isn’t that group. . . . The gray, middle America—they’re suckers.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Totally believable.

Load Metric
    I will decide after SC if I want to hedge on my +500 Biden bets by grabbing Bernie. But now isn't the right time to hedge, as Biden winning SC will make the odds a little better to fire Bernie.

apparently biden is dead broke with zero hope of getting more donations from the donor class he was relying on.

if he doesn't get a huge bounce coming out of new hampshire, you might not get a chance to get better odds on bernie

Load Metric
    and honestly lol at new hampshire of all places being like FUCK YEAH SUNDOWNING CENTERIST

Load Metric

1) watch him get crushed in a state he has a shot to win this fall
    2) watch him get crushed in a state he has a shot to win this fall
    3) fire away
    4) watch him eek out a win in a state he has no shot to win this fall

Do you mean firing on him in just SC, or on the primary as a whole? No brainer if just in SC.

Load Metric

"why does tom perez still have a job?"

"we shouldn't be trying to be the british labour party."
    He should be the nominee. Be better than the entire field.

Comments

sonatine: pretty low bar there but agree

Load Metric
    whats Perez got to do with it?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    i'd like to place a large bet on "purposeful disaster" plz. iowa is being eliminated to remove the heartland from setting any sort of tone obv

Thread Information