Page 113 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 4430

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

  1. #2241
    "So when you have someone as powerful as Hillary Clinton seeking to smear my reputation, essentially implying that I’m a traitor to the country that I love, what she essentially is doing is taking my life away."

    -Tulsi Gabbard

    what a crazy bitch

  2. #2242
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6214
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    28,295
    tucker carlson cant wait to introduce his new sidekick as 'the woman who survived hillary clinton'.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs


  3. #2243
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6214
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    28,295
    joe rogan endorsed bernie, bernie tweeted it, and his base is collectively losing its fucking mind because rogan pointed out that a dude who saws off his dick and takes some pills is biologically nothing but a dude who sawed off his dick and took some pills.

     
    Comments
      
      blake: eloquent
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs


  4. #2244
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6214
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    28,295
    its an especially interesting endorsement because rogan is very much in the ear of a lot of heartland trumpkids, and a lot of his base were enthralled by him giving a voice to milo and peterson, so this is going to kinda matter maybe if bernie gets the nom.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs


  5. #2245
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    joe rogan endorsed bernie, bernie tweeted it, and his base is collectively losing its fucking mind because rogan pointed out that a dude who saws off his dick and takes some pills is biologically nothing but a dude who sawed off his dick and took some pills.
    it will disgust me but bernie's probably going to end up rejecting the endorsement

  6. #2246
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    joe rogan endorsed bernie, bernie tweeted it, and his base is collectively losing its fucking mind because rogan pointed out that a dude who saws off his dick and takes some pills is biologically nothing but a dude who sawed off his dick and took some pills.
    it will disgust me but bernie's probably going to end up rejecting the endorsement
    It will be so weak and this is the problem for the Dems. At some point you need to gamble. Tell your supporters you disagree with him on that issue, but that it takes a big tent to take down Donald Trump and you aren’t going to ostracize everyone that disagrees with you on a subject. Tell them he’s a podcaster, he won’t be making policy.

    While you can’t win the presidency without winning the endorsement, it isn’t worth winning the endorsement if you can’t win the general.

    Rogan himself isn’t overly important, but dudes who think like Rogan are important because he pretty much is the middle aged white guy who could go Trump or Bernie in every state that matters. There are a shocking amount of those Trump/Bernie people. You can’t send out the signal to them that they aren’t welcome if they don’t subscribe to every PC Twitter position. You can’t just kowtow to the whim of the mob while trying to be a leader. Sure it’s a gamble that may cost you money and lose a few people to Warren. You have to hope your position pays off in state polls as the election draws near and they hate Trump enough to pick the more viable of the two progressive candidates. Anyone getting heated over this isn’t going Biden anyway. You might pick up a few Biden people though who really don’t like him but are viewing him as the more likely person who can win.

    Warren would get destroyed in every swing state. Decimated. Bernie and Joe might be drawing slim, she’s drawing dead.

    Imo you have to run a campaign that can conceivably win or else you’re wasting your time.

  7. #2247
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    8,106
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    joe rogan endorsed bernie, bernie tweeted it, and his base is collectively losing its fucking mind because rogan pointed out that a dude who saws off his dick and takes some pills is biologically nothing but a dude who sawed off his dick and took some pills.
    it will disgust me but bernie's probably going to end up rejecting the endorsement
    Why? Bernie Sanders went on Rogan’s show last year to make his pitch to Joe and his audience. The SJWs who are pissed at Joe Rogan aren’t going to matter to Bernie Sanders. Sanders may not come out and say “I welcome Joe Rogan’s endorsement” like he initially did with Cenk Uygar’s, but he won’t come out say “I don’t want Joe Rogan’s endorsement because [SJW identity politics complaint].”

    But if pressed, Sanders will probably say something like that he appreciates that Rogan understands what he stands for and has been working for his entire political career, and that he hopes that helps get his message out to Rogan’s massive audience.
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    We have a horrible choice between a super-shady, self-serving, lying criminal (Hillary Clinton) and an emotionally-unbalanced, shoot-from-the-hip authoritarian who lacks the intellectual curiosity to even want to learn the complexities that come with running a major nation like the US (Donald Trump).

  8. #2248
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    8,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Mumbles how do you answer the guy confronting Warren?

    He lived a spartan lifestyle in order to responsibly pay off his debt.

    At the same time, his buddy didn't give a shit about his own debt, and instead spent his money on nice cars and beautiful vacations.

    Warren's plan rewards his irresponsible buddy while fucking this guy for being good and responsible.

    You think that's fair?

    By all means, though, I hope the Dems take this line against Trump, because they will get clobbered in the swing states, where people don't believe in shit like this.
    A LOT of plans advanced by politicians that help a large majority of people inevitably will be after-the-fact disadvantageous to others.

    For example...

    What do you say to the legions of people who took on student loan from bogus for-profit schools the federal government implicitly gave the seal of approval that they were valid educational institutions by allowing students to get federal direct or subsidized loans to attend, only to realize after the fact that the degree they borrowed up the ass to get is worthless?

    Or what about the young people who took on a lot debt to attend legitimate not-for-profit universities to get a college education but because of the neoliberal trade policies that gutted 1/3 of the US’ manufacturing base since the late 1990s has caused entry level wages for college grads to essentially stagnate for almost 20 years while the cost of living has essentially doubled?

    What do you say to those people? Because there are a lot more of those people out there ready to go to the polls than the guy who confronted Warren at that campaign event. A LOT more. That’s what your Tucker Carlson is trying to tell you.
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    We have a horrible choice between a super-shady, self-serving, lying criminal (Hillary Clinton) and an emotionally-unbalanced, shoot-from-the-hip authoritarian who lacks the intellectual curiosity to even want to learn the complexities that come with running a major nation like the US (Donald Trump).

  9. #2249

  10. #2250
    Wait, is that real? I’ve never seen Bernie do well among non-whites. I’ve never seen anyone besides Biden do well amongst non-whites. I clicked link and see followers but no blue check mark and didn’t see that poll. What’s that a poll of?

    Edit- I found it. It seems Bernie runs well with Hispanics. He’s doing better than I thought in general with all minorities.

    It’s increasingly looking like a 2 horse race between Biden and Bernie.
    Last edited by BCR; 01-24-2020 at 07:03 PM.

  11. #2251
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    8,106
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Wait, is that real? I’ve never seen Bernie do well among non-whites. I’ve never seen anyone besides Biden do well amongst non-whites. I clicked link and see followers but no blue check mark and didn’t see that poll. What’s that a poll of?

    Edit- I found it. It seems Bernie runs well with Hispanics. He’s doing better than I thought in general with all minorities.

    It’s increasingly looking like a 2 horse race between Biden and Bernie.
    Perhaps the recent news that a Black South Carolina elected state official who switched her support from
    biden to Bernie is a portend of Bernie’s increasing support among Black voters.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bre...c-sanders/amp/

    While Dalhi Myers, who was “first elected to the Richland County Council in 2016,” considers herself a “middle of the road” Democrat, she told the Associated Press that Sanders is “unafraid” and “unapologetic” and can, therefore, go head to head against President Trump. She views his ability to inspire and energize young people as crucial. It is something that, some Democrats fear, Biden is unable to do.

    “I looked at that, and I thought, ‘He’s right,’” Myers said, according to the AP. “He’s unafraid and he’s unapologetic. … I like the fact that he is willing to fight for a better America — for the least, the fallen, the left behind.”

    She originally endorsed Biden in December along with a flurry of South Carolina elected officials, who deemed him “the only candidate with the broad and diverse coalition of support we need to win.” Myers admitted that she viewed him as the safe, or “compromise” choice.

    “It was a compromise choice,” she told the AP. “I didn’t find anybody’s candidacy electrifying, but I did find Joe Biden’s candidacy to be reassuring in a sort of normal, American kind of way.”

    Myers admitted that she has concerns over some of Sanders’ big government plans such as Medicare for All, but added, “Medicare for All will have to go through Congress.”

    “He’s not going to pull a Donald Trump,” she added.

    “I’m a 50-year-old-black woman, and I tend to be middle of the road,” Myers explained. “I’m voting what I think is best for all of us, not just me. … I’m not a left-wing liberal. I’m not even a left-wing Democrat. But I am a realist.”
    That being said, the article also mentions that Biden currently has a 17 point lead over Bernie in support among Blacks in South Carolina. But as we’ve seen recently in this race, a lot can happen in a month.
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    We have a horrible choice between a super-shady, self-serving, lying criminal (Hillary Clinton) and an emotionally-unbalanced, shoot-from-the-hip authoritarian who lacks the intellectual curiosity to even want to learn the complexities that come with running a major nation like the US (Donald Trump).

  12. #2252
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    8,106
    Druff, you’re going to love the idiotic nonsense of the super “woke” outrage against Bernie’s campaign tweeting out Joe Rogan’s announced support for him in this race.

    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    We have a horrible choice between a super-shady, self-serving, lying criminal (Hillary Clinton) and an emotionally-unbalanced, shoot-from-the-hip authoritarian who lacks the intellectual curiosity to even want to learn the complexities that come with running a major nation like the US (Donald Trump).

  13. #2253
    After an Iowa poll with Bernie up 7 hes now the fave to win the dem nom on predictit


    Also 4 more years is now -180 on sportsbook

  14. #2254
    Warren and Biden are starting to fade.

    Buttigieg is starting to surge.



  15. #2255
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    "So when you have someone as powerful as Hillary Clinton seeking to smear my reputation, essentially implying that I’m a traitor to the country that I love, what she essentially is doing is taking my life away."

    -Tulsi Gabbard

    what a crazy bitch


    I don't really blame her. Fuck HRC. She should stick with hedging commodities instead of attacking folks who have actually put on the boots and served selflessly.

    Name:  Calvin-tweet-3.gif
Views: 148
Size:  3.00 MB

  16. #2256
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6214
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    28,295
    bernie's rallys are fucking love ins and the vibe is through the roof.

    you know whose not vibing real hard right now?

    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs


  17. #2257
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    bernie's rallys are fucking love ins and the vibe is through the roof.

    you know whose not vibing real hard right now?

    Have you ever seen a pro-Biden sign or bumper sticker or anything else in your life?

    Even here in blue for a 100 years until Trump country, I’ve seen 80% pro-Trump signs, but see Bernie signs frequently, I’ve seen fucking Yang signs ffs. The only time in my life I can recall seeing Biden’s name on anything was under Obama’s name years ago.

    I’m pretty sure I could drive around for 12 hours today and not find one. Granted, anyone that puts a political yard sign up or slaps a bumper sticker on their car is generally a fucking idiot unless it’s local politics and someone you know is running and guilt trips you, but enthusiasm does matter. I think Trump beats them both, but if shit goes south and the rust belt becomes in play, I’m pretty convinced Bernie fares better than Biden. Biden's been around forever and hasn’t won a fucking thing for a reason.

  18. #2258
    At this point Trump is a lock. Book it.

  19. #2259
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    8,106
    The Des Moines Register has endorsed Warren for the Dem candidate. The establishment just *hates* Bernie Sanders and is now backing Warren as a stopgap against the rising tide of Bernie’s popularity. But like with how Trump’s populist messaging defied the GOP establishment messaging in 2016, Bernie’s populist messaging and unwavering career commitment to helping ordinary Americans will cut through the Democratic establishment ruse of trying to convince them to get behind a much weaker candidate like Warren who isn’t nearly the threat to the grip on the Dem Party as Bernie is.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 01-25-2020 at 09:42 PM.
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    We have a horrible choice between a super-shady, self-serving, lying criminal (Hillary Clinton) and an emotionally-unbalanced, shoot-from-the-hip authoritarian who lacks the intellectual curiosity to even want to learn the complexities that come with running a major nation like the US (Donald Trump).

  20. #2260
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6214
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    28,295
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    bernie's rallys are fucking love ins and the vibe is through the roof.

    you know whose not vibing real hard right now?

    Have you ever seen a pro-Biden sign or bumper sticker or anything else in your life?

    Even here in blue for a 100 years until Trump country, I’ve seen 80% pro-Trump signs, but see Bernie signs frequently, I’ve seen fucking Yang signs ffs. The only time in my life I can recall seeing Biden’s name on anything was under Obama’s name years ago.

    I’m pretty sure I could drive around for 12 hours today and not find one. Granted, anyone that puts a political yard sign up or slaps a bumper sticker on their car is generally a fucking idiot unless it’s local politics and someone you know is running and guilt trips you, but enthusiasm does matter. I think Trump beats them both, but if shit goes south and the rust belt becomes in play, I’m pretty convinced Bernie fares better than Biden. Biden's been around forever and hasn’t won a fucking thing for a reason.
    "[Biden] doesn't have it."
    - Obama
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 436
    Last Post: 03-07-2020, 05:19 PM
  2. Give me the lowdown on the presidential race
    By Sloppy Joe in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-02-2019, 02:45 PM
  3. My nomination for world's greatest MILF
    By CrackPipes and Kakfights in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2017, 06:16 PM
  4. Replies: 59
    Last Post: 04-21-2016, 02:57 PM
  5. CNN Democratic Debate Poll Thread
    By Tyde in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-15-2016, 01:40 PM

Tags for this Thread