Page 107 of 223 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    new audio picked up sanders-warren argument

"I think you called me a liar on national TV,” Warren said.

Sanders indicated that he could not hear Warren, and she repeated her claim.

“I think you called me a liar on national TV?”

“Let’s not do it right now,” Sanders said. “You want to have that discussion, we’ll have that discussion. You called me a liar.”

https://www.mediaite.com/election-20...tter-exchange/

Comments

MumblesBadly: Oh, snap!

Load Metric
    cnn had a hot mic for the exchange:

also,

fuckin snake.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Mika on Morning Joe came out hard criticizing both the CNN moderator about her question to Warren about Bernie’s private comments to her 2 years ago. She also skewered Warren for how she responded in this matter, and her campaign for this obvious planting of the story with the press just prior to the latest debate.

Comments

dwai: insufferable liberal faggot
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

also,

fuckin snake.
    I’ve been pretty pissed about what Team Warren did with this matter, but here’s one way the original conversation between Warren and Sanders possibly went, with editorial conjecture about what Warren was possibly thinking at the time added in based on a lot of personal experience dealing with a number of women, professionally or otherwise.

Warren: “Bernie, do you think a woman can’t be elected president?”

Sanders: “No. But I think Trump is sexist, amoral, and a liar, and will use dirty tricks to make it difficult for a women to get elected.”

Warren, interpreting what Bernie said with his typical straight forward and honest way of speaking as including a hint that he really doesn’t think a woman can be elected president: [Hmmmm... Bernie started his answer with “No.” So, he really *does* believe that I wouldn’t get elected because I’m a woman, but is just trying to be nice to me and is breaking it to me gently.] “Thank you, Bernie, for being straight with me on this matter. I’m going to run nevertheless.”

Bernie: “Good for you! I look forward to seeing you on the campaign trail.”

Warren: [Sure you do, Bernie. Sure you do.] “Thank you, Bernie. That means a lot to me.”

Bernie: “Great! One way or another, we’re going to defeat Trump and save our country from that madman.”

Warren: [You’re damn right, you patronizing sexist old fool! I’ll crush you and that bumbling fool Biden in the debate and primaries! Get ready to eat my dust!] “Yes, I’m sure we will. Thank you for joining me for dinner!” [And don’t the door smack you on your ass on the way out the door!]

Comments

DJ_Chaps: JESUS. JUST STOP.

dwai: boomer alert
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 01-15-2020 at 10:20 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

also,

fuckin snake.
    I’ve been pretty pissed about what Team Warren did with this matter, but here’s one way the original conversation between Warren and Sanders possibly went, with editorial conjecture about what Warren was possibly thinking at the time added in based on a lot of personal experience dealing with a number of women, professionally or otherwise.

Sanders: “No. But I think Trump is sexist, amoral, and a liar, and will use dirty tricks to make it difficult for a women to get elected.”

Warren, interpreting what Bernie said with his typical straight forward and honest way of speaking as including a hint that he really doesn’t think a woman can be elected president: [Hmmmm... Bernie started his answer with “No.” So, he really *does* believe that I wouldn’t get elected because I’m a woman, but is just trying to be nice to me and is breaking it to me gently.] “Thank you, Bernie, for being straight with me on this matter. I’m going to run nevertheless.”

Warren: [Sure you do, Bernie. Sure you do.] “Thank you, Bernie. That means a lot to me.”

Bernie: “Great! One way or another, we’re going to defeat Trump and save our country from that madman.”

Warren: [You’re damn right, you patronizing sexist old fool! I’ll crush you and that bumbling fool Biden in the debate and primaries! Get ready to eat my dust!] “Yes, I’m sure we will. Thank you for joining me for dinner!” [And don’t the door smack you on your ass on the way out the door!]
    You would think that as a lawyer Warren would be alert to the precision of his language. Except she isn’t a licensed lawyer... but there was that whole controversy regarding her practicing law in Massachusetts without a license.

She always skated on this. Harvard was never really happy with her hiding under their umbrella. I have a vague recollection she spent precious little time teaching - that was an issue too.

It all really doesn’t matter anymore, does it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

You would think that as a lawyer Warren would be alert to the precision of his language. Except she isn’t a licensed lawyer... but there was that whole controversy regarding her practicing law in Massachusetts without a license.

She always skated on this. Harvard was never really happy with her hiding under their umbrella. I have a vague recollection she spent precious little time teaching - that was an issue too.

It all really doesn’t matter anymore, does it?
    The Massachusetts law license issue is interesting to know, but as long as she only did legal work with clients in states in which she was licensed to practice in, there shouldn’t have been a legal issue with such work.

As for her not teaching many courses at Harvard: Most likely, she was able to use the quality of her scholarly publishing record to negotiate a contract that required her to have a relatively light teaching load, as is typical with academics with stellar scholarly reputations. Hell! When I was in graduate school, my department one year tried to lure a rather big name in the field to join the faculty with a contract offer that included only needing to teach one PhD graduate course per year, and one accelerated executive MBA course in the summer. Usually, even the senior faculty there taught 4 courses a year if they didn’t have formal administrative duties to get that teaching load bumped down by a course, the exception being the department head, who taught only two courses/year.

To put those course loads in perspective, the typical teaching load for academics with middling publishing records is between 5 and 6 courses per year. And at schools with more limited budgets, forget about getting any funding for a teaching or research assistant.

Comments

dwai: drive off a cliff
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 01-15-2020 at 11:32 PM.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Looks like Warren’s underhanded tactic backfired on her despite the gobs of MSM coverage to make her look like today’s latest bold feminist hero for calling out an alleged-by-her-campaign closeted member of the evil patriarchy.

Load Metric
    Druff, here’s more bad news for Biden, which should help to move the line against him so that you can stock up on more positions for him to win the nomination.

Cliffs:

Name:  A39B6EE0-E38C-4CEC-A36B-DBC9B4D81929.png
Views: 422
Size:  2.49 MB

Name:  5F7DD29B-DE35-4E17-A237-4EFA328E2B2A.png
Views: 382
Size:  2.46 MB

Name:  96AD19AC-DAD8-4852-9AD2-13CC48457081.png
Views: 379
Size:  2.20 MB

Name:  8735551B-A548-466A-A24B-E0FA0E2F2342.png
Views: 429
Size:  2.30 MB

Name:  8A1A191D-D938-4D5B-8C31-DE794DBFD05B.png
Views: 413
Size:  2.90 MB

Name:  B2B56CC3-D14F-45D8-862E-CB8519DBA5AB.png
Views: 361
Size:  2.30 MB

Name:  E0D4E6CD-2500-459A-A25D-BC56BAD5E572.png
Views: 399
Size:  2.33 MB

Load Metric
    Poll is an obvious outlier/joke, but also lol at how triggered Bernie Bros got over it.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 2.53.22 PM.png
Views: 328
Size:  48.6 KB

Load Metric

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

There goes Bipartisan Joe working to win over those blue-haired old ladies whose geriatric husbands watch only Fox News.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    sorry your mac doesn't have any game except Crystal Quest and you'll never learn to kill

Load Metric
    Maybe Sanders really is collapsing in Iowa? NYT just endorsed Klobuchar (and Warren). Waiting on the Des Moines Register endorsement now. Gonna be lit if Klobuchar finishes above Sanders in Iowa. Two weeks away, folks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    Never underestimate a woman who has thrown staplers at her staff!

I'm just trying to get to the next page so people don't have to scroll past mumbles nonsense

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    IMAGINE BEING A SUNDOWNING TRUCKER WHO WAS FORCED OUT OF ACADEMIA BY THEIR OWN DIMINISHING MENTAL CAPACITY.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Klobuchar turned her prom date gay:

Bernie doesn't even want to be seen mingling with a billionaire. Also, he's wearing oven mitts for some reason.
    Name:  get.gif
Views: 295
Size:  3.87 MB

Load Metric
    The media need to stop focusing on what Bernie Sanders did not say...he never said a woman could not be President.

However he did say this...

Thread Information