Page 18 of 223 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Average American voter is dumb as a box of rocks, whomever is most likable always wins.

That being said:

Booker is a vegan...no one voting for that
    Warren...old lady librarian lookalike...nope
    Gay dude...nope
    Black lady...no

Best shots are Biden and Beto...even though Beto is a dolt...they are both affable.
    America has already elected a Black candidate for president, and Harris is half Asian Indian and even lighter skin toned that obama, so her being ‘black’ is not an issue for the general election.

Also, you are forgetting about identity politics and the sting that a lot of lefty women feel about the ‘First Woman to Get Elected President’ getting Trumped. If Biden somehow doesn’t Biden his way out if first place but doesn’t have enough delegates for the nomination, he’ll have to recruit Harris to run with him in order for enough women to support him in the general election. Beto’s only shot at being the Veep nom is if eother Harris or Warren are on the top of the ticket.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 08-15-2019 at 02:47 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

gonna be great to have the choice between one of two senile 70 year olds in 2020.
    Political pundit Druff has declared Biden the only viable opposition to Trump.

You just shake your head. Our boy is so utterly conventional & first level.
    True dat.

Name:  513528FA-A3E1-4DAE-8F23-2BA03650CFBF.jpeg
Views: 333
Size:  148.2 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Beto’s only shot at being the Veep nom is if eother Harris or Warren are on the top of the ticket.
    I think they take Booker over Beto all day, especially Warren. He's more qualified and black.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Beto’s only shot at being the Veep nom is if eother Harris or Warren are on the top of the ticket.
    I think they take Booker over Beto all day, especially Warren. He's more qualified and black.
    Agreed except (1) Booker hasn’t shown much ‘attack dog’ skills, and Beto has clearly shown that he will unabashedly attack Trump as a racist, and (2) Booker is also from the Northeast. He won’t play s aell as Beto in the Southwest and Mountain states.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Political pundit Druff has declared Biden the only viable opposition to Trump.

You just shake your head. Our boy is so utterly conventional & first level.
    True dat.

Name:  513528FA-A3E1-4DAE-8F23-2BA03650CFBF.jpeg
Views: 333
Size:  148.2 KB
    Come on San.

Stick to talking about overs and favorites. I might be coming around to agree with you on those, at least in the day and age of the juiced ball and 14-second offensive rebound clock.

(Mumbles is already a lost cause.)

This "X candidate beats incumbent in a hypothetical election" argument is so flawed, and is meaningless.

The problem is that, until the general election season starts, Candidate X (in this case, Bernie) hasn't been tested via the rigors of a general election. In Bernie's case, he's only been the subject of gentle attacks from his own party, and those usually come in the form of, "Yeah Bernie, we agree with you, but you're trying to change too much too fast, and it's not practical." Sure, the DNC has been screwing Bernie in the debates via various cheating tactics for awhile, but that's a different matter. But Bernie hasn't really had to validate his plans and policies to the general populace -- only to fellow Democrats.

Right now, Bernie gets the edge in these hypothetical matchups with Trump because he hasn't been put through the ringer of the right hammering into everyone's heads the costs and the extremism of his policies. A lot of those Bernie votes in the phone polls will switch to Trump once more people fully understand what he wants to do. This is especially true for an extreme guy like Bernie, but it's also true for any candidate who hasn't been in the general election spotlight yet.

Bernie will not beat Trump. I welcome him as the Democratic candidate. He will lose in the exact swing states where the Dems need to recover.

However, Bernie won't be the nominee, nor will Warren, unless one of the two drops out fairly early. Since both are stubborn, I predict both will stay too long, split the left votes, and Biden will ride to the nomination. And if it's not Biden, it will be Harris, but that's looking less likely now.

It's realistically a 4-man race right now -- Biden, Sanders, Warren, and Harris. Harris seems to be fading since the Tulsi Gabbard debate attack, very similar to what happened to Rubio when Chris Christie went after him.

This race is fairly simple. If Bernie or Warren drops out early, the other of the two will probably beat Biden. If this doesn't happen, Biden is the nominee.

I don't want to see Biden as the nominee. He will get Pennsylvania almost by default, and he has enough name recognition and working class appeal to reclaim states like Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Bernie Sanders would trounce Trump. You just can’t bring yourself to accept his appeal among the ordinary voters.

Load Metric
    Six-Year-Old Saying, 'Why Don't We Just Give Everything Away For Free?' Surges To Top Of Democratic Polls

https://babylonbee.com/news/six-year...mocratic-polls

A new candidate has come out of nowhere to surge in the polls in the Democratic primary, and she’s only six years old. Susie Peters of Minneapolis, Minnesota, was on a local news segment where children gave their opinions on world problems, and she asked, “Why can’t we just give everyone everything they want for free?” The message quickly went viral and really resonated with Democratic voters, propelling Susie from unknown to third in most polls, ahead of Bernie Sanders and just behind Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden.

"She really has a plan for everything,” said Melinda Carlson, one of Susie’s enthusiastic supporters. “While Elizabeth Warren only has a plan for getting people free health care and free college, Susie has a plan to get everyone free everything. She’s truly a visionary.”

Her new candidacy has upset some of the other candidates, with Bernie Sanders accusing Susie of stealing all his ideas. Others say the math in her plans doesn’t add up, to which Susie says she doesn’t like math and instead likes “Twilight Sparkle.” And President Trump has taken notice, vowing to trounce Susie in the general since Trump himself can “read and write at the level of an eight-year-old.” There are also concerns Susie may be gaffe-prone like Joe Biden, as one day at school Susie referred to her teacher as "Mommy" by mistake, prompting a round of laughter from her classmates.

Still, Susie has unveiled her new popular campaign slogan, “But I want it!” and has already qualified for the next Democratic presidential debate, though she may not be able to attend since it will be on past her bedtime.

Load Metric
    I am sitting in an American Legion in the fucking sticks in PA and just bought a round for 18 people sitting at the bar for 32.50. Real life. Gave the bartender $40 and told her to keep it and she wants to fuck me. As I write this she’s looming. She goes probably 165 so that’s an easy pass but still. You won’t find value like that anywhere else in this thread. This thread is now about redneck dive bars from hence forth. Fuck all theses candidates.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Dude, you prolly missed out on a wild time with that bartender.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I am sitting in an American Legion in the fucking sticks in PA and just bought a round for 18 people sitting at the bar for 32.50. Real life. Gave the bartender $40 and told her to keep it and she wants to fuck me. As I write this she’s looming. She goes probably 165 so that’s an easy pass but still. You won’t find value like that anywhere else in this thread. This thread is now about redneck dive bars from hence forth. Fuck all theses candidates.
    Ask if that Post is winning Legion ball tonight.

That is real America BCR.

Load Metric
    100 percent Bobby wong was in that legion hall

Load Metric
    If Bob is here the next 18 rounds are on me for 36.50 if he’s drinking drinking the good stuff. Iirc he’s more rural Allegheny county, maybe beaver(yes that’s a real county). Somewhere rural is all I recall. I’m speaking in rust belt soliloquy for future reference.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: It Is True, Long Live Beaver County Rep

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    If Bob is here the next 18 rounds are on me for 36.50 if he’s drinking drinking the good stuff. Iirc he’s more rural Allegheny county, maybe beaver(yes that’s a real county). Somewhere rural is all I recall. I’m speaking in rust belt soliloquy for future reference.
    not to derail, but fuck it...im buying the next $36.50 round when Justin fields leads us to the promised land this year BCR...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like Kamala is done.

Support rapidly cratering. She got 5% in the latest CNN poll, down from 17% at her high.

This collapse was all since that disasterous debate.

Every day, her poll number go lower. Some actually show Mayor Pete (who is also gong nowhere) slightly inching ahead of her.

Here's an interesting article claiming that Biden won't win: https://spectator.us/joe-biden-wont-win/

I agree... except he won't win the Presidency. He'll probably win the primary, and then lose against Trump when voters come to realize that he's even older and more prone to saying stupid things than Trump himself.

Trump just runs so well. This Democratic field sucks, just as the Republican field sucked in 2016, and just as Hillary sucked. He's like the mediocre tournament player who keeps winning because he's repeatedly moved to tables full of fish.

Load Metric

Support rapidly cratering. She got 5% in the latest CNN poll, down from 17% at her high.

Every day, her poll number go lower. Some actually show Mayor Pete (who is also gong nowhere) slightly inching ahead of her.

Here's an interesting article claiming that Biden won't win: https://spectator.us/joe-biden-wont-win/

I agree... except he won't win the Presidency. He'll probably win the primary, and then lose against Trump when voters come to realize that he's even older and more prone to saying stupid things than Trump himself.

Trump just runs so well. This Democratic field sucks, just as the Republican field sucked in 2016, and just as Hillary sucked. He's like the mediocre tournament player who keeps winning because he's repeatedly moved to tables full of fish.
    You're kidding, nobody says more crazy, insane shit than Donald Trump.

The 75 most ridiculous Trump quotes
    https://www.shortlist.com/news/most-...mp-quotes-ever

Donald Trump was elected President to do one thing...to Fuck up the American system of government.

Mission Accomplished!

Load Metric

“I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat — I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty."

-Donald J. Trump

there's something weirdly familiar about a country's president calling the vast majority of jews disloyal to that country.

if only i could remember what that was

Load Metric

Come on Druff. You can't bash on how stupid polls are that show Trump losing, then quote other polls to show how bad candidates you don't like are.

Polls results should obviously be taken with a grain of salt, but so should your personal instincts.

At least the polls aren't claiming "candidate X has 0% chance and candidate Y will definitely beat candidate Z" - which is a hell of a lot more rational than the way you're approaching the election.

Biden being more prone to say stupid shit than Trump....I don't even know what to say. It's like you live in a different universe where Trump doesn't say mind blowingly stupid shit on a near daily basis.
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 08-20-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Come on Druff. You can't bash on how stupid polls are that show Trump losing, then quote other polls to show how bad candidates you don't like are.

Polls results should obviously be taken with a grain of salt, but so should your personal instincts.

At least the polls aren't claiming "candidate X has 0% chance and candidate Y will definitely beat candidate Z" - which is a hell of a lot more rational than the way you're approaching the election.

Biden being more prone to say stupid shit than Trump....I don't even know what to say. It's like you live in a different universe where Trump doesn't say mind knowingly stupid shit on a near daily basis.
    Druff has so much drunk in the GOPs acceptance of Trump as good for the Republican Party that he’s no longer rationally interprets most information related to Trump. (Sad!)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

“I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat — I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty."

-Donald J. Trump

there's something weirdly familiar about a country's president calling the vast majority of jews disloyal to that country.

Trivia Question: The loyalty of the Jewish people have been questioned in every county they’ve ever lived in, except one. Can you name it?

Load Metric
    Imagine if Obama were to run again now. Would be an easy victory, just like Oprah.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

-Donald J. Trump

Trivia Question: The loyalty of the Jewish people have been questioned in every county they’ve ever lived in, except one. Can you name it?

i have no idea what you're saying, honestly, but it sounds like you're missing the point.

the most egregious form of anti-semitism is when people claim that jews have "dual loyalty." here, trump is explicitly saying just that.

meanwhile druff thinks that jews should be backing this moron

Thread Information