Page 15 of 223 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    holy shit tulsi ripping into kamala
    The best part about political theatre is when someone delivers a knockout. Gabbard knocked her down, Harris tried to respond, and Gabbard followed up with an epic second round. You literally watched Harris lose the primary in that moment.
    I’ll have to pull the exact quotes but tulsi basically accused kamala of keeping innocent people in jail so that california would have access to slave labor

at another point tulsi said kamala intentionally withheld exculpatory evidence from an inmate on death row until a judge forced her to turn it over. Basically calling her an attempted murderer

these were more vicious than any attacks I’ve ever seen in a debate anywhere

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Bottomset's analysis is correct.

Warren engaged in exactly the kind of cultural appropriation that the left gets so bent out of shape about. Plus her government takeover of healthcare is DOA in the Midwest and rust belt.

If the media/DNC complex were smart they'd get behind Tulsi Gabbard or John Delaney, but they're not and they won't.
    I just cannot fathom anyone who voted for Trump in 2016 would vote for a Kamala Harris or Bernie Sanders in 2020. Healthcare and free education for illegal immigrants? Are you fucking kidding me?

You are correct about Joe Delaney, he actually seems solid, but there is absolutely no place for him in this new Democratic electorate. A balding straight white man is not welcome, Joe Biden is also finding that out as well.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Bottomset's analysis is correct.

Warren engaged in exactly the kind of cultural appropriation that the left gets so bent out of shape about. Plus her government takeover of healthcare is DOA in the Midwest and rust belt.

If the media/DNC complex were smart they'd get behind Tulsi Gabbard or John Delaney, but they're not and they won't.
    I just cannot fathom anyone who voted for Trump in 2016 would vote for a Kamala Harris or Bernie Sanders in 2020. Healthcare and free education for illegal immigrants? Are you fucking kidding me?

You are correct about Joe Delaney, he actually seems solid, but there is absolutely no place for him in this new Democratic electorate. A balding straight white man is not welcome, Joe Biden is also finding that out as well.
    If Biden's the nominee the D's win. There are a lot of people like me who voted for Trump in 2016 and have had enough.

Hell I'd vote for Biden, Gabbard, Delaney, Hickenlooper, Bullock, Ryan, or Bennet.

I'd consider voting for Booker (although I really don't like him), Klobuchar (really don't like her), and Buttigieg who I really like but disagree with on most positions.

Sanders, Warren, Harris, De Blasio, Castro, Gillibrand, Inslee...no fucking way.

LOL O'Rourke, Williamson and Yang.

Load Metric

If Biden's the nominee the D's win. There are a lot of people like me who voted for Trump in 2016 and have had enough.

Hell I'd vote for Biden, Gabbard, Delaney, Hickenlooper, Bullock, Ryan, or Bennet.

I'd consider voting for Booker (although I really don't like him), Klobuchar (really don't like her), and Buttigieg who I really like but disagree with on most positions.

Sanders, Warren, Harris, De Blasio, Castro, Gillibrand, Inslee...no fucking way.

There is not a runner out of the bunch that beats Trump especially Uncle Joe. This is a lock . Trump wins in biggest landslide in history.

Load Metric

Obviously your vote is not relevant as you live on the west coast. That is like someone from West Virginia saying they would vote one way or the other, it's going for Trump so it does not matter.

I would not overbuy Biden. He looks damn near senile and is not going to motivate anyone to wait in line to vote for him. It's hard to believe he could make it through 15 months of every day campaigning anyway. I think he is done by December. You can almost tell he does not even want to be in this thing, it really looks like he was talked into this by either his wife or friends.

Trump really only needs to win Wisconsin, which he likely will. He might even win Minnesota.

People hate Trump, but if the economy is where it is in November 2020 people are going to vote for him anyway even though they hate him. They will hate doing it but as long as jobs are good and they can take a nice vacation it's going to be Trump.

I am curious why people are so pissed off anyway. Economy is great, ISIS is gone, NK is pretty calm and everyone on my block seems happy. I guess I am just not seeing this civil unrest that CNN claims is going crazy everywhere.

Load Metric
    Name:  67215252_649783642097087_3643112503098998784_o.png
Views: 377
Size:  160.4 KB
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Obviously your vote is not relevant as you live on the west coast. That is like someone from West Virginia saying they would vote one way or the other, it's going for Trump so it does not matter.

I would not overbuy Biden. He looks damn near senile and is not going to motivate anyone to wait in line to vote for him. It's hard to believe he could make it through 15 months of every day campaigning anyway. I think he is done by December. You can almost tell he does not even want to be in this thing, it really looks like he was talked into this by either his wife or friends.

Trump really only needs to win Wisconsin, which he likely will. He might even win Minnesota.

People hate Trump, but if the economy is where it is in November 2020 people are going to vote for him anyway even though they hate him. They will hate doing it but as long as jobs are good and they can take a nice vacation it's going to be Trump.

I am curious why people are so pissed off anyway. Economy is great, ISIS is gone, NK is pretty calm and everyone on my block seems happy. I guess I am just not seeing this civil unrest that CNN claims is going crazy everywhere.
    Finally we agree on something

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post

There is not a runner out of the bunch that beats Trump especially Uncle Joe. This is a lock . Trump wins in biggest landslide in history.
    It's not even a lock that Trump will be alive in 16 months.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post

It's not even a lock that Trump will be alive in 16 months.

This is true . I suppose. If he is there is not a democrat that can even come close to challenge him. Bernie no chance, Uncle Joe no chance , Warren No chance . Those are the top three IMO . 2/3 possibly may die before the election also.

I only crossed party lines once and that's because I was embroiled in a war that was personal for the sitting president. I don't agree with Trump on some things but as a veteran he does more for me than any democrat would and could do. He also promised me a wall and I'm not really happy with the snail's pace that it's being built but it is being built.

If the current economy and job market stays the same I truly believe he will win in the biggest landslide we've seen in our lifetime. For all of his tweets and rhetoric the guy has done pretty much what he said he would do. Let's face facts we all knew the Democrats lineup would be very weak and it is.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Trump has actually been pretty good as far as promises go. Yeah, the wall hasn't happened yet, but at least he's been trying. Presidents typically fail to keep most of their promises, so Trump's doing a lot better than average with that, even with the small things.

Honestly, the Trump we got is pretty much the Trump he said we were going to get. The issue with Trump now is exactly the issue with Trump during the 2016 campaign -- he's unpredictable, un-Presidential, and is a loose cannon on Twitter.

I thought it was stupid when candidates at the debate bashed Trump. Every single candidate on that stage hates Trump, and most of the voters they're vying for also dislike Trump. Each candidate should have looked to separate themselves from the others, and the only talk about Trump should have been how they would be able to beat him.

Reminds me of when Master Scalir ran to be a delegate for the Democratic Primary in 1996. The whole process was laughable, with the voting taking place BEFORE everyone's speeches (lol). But that aside, Ken and everyone else spent almost their whole speech bashing the Republicans and praising Bill Clinton. When the guy following Ken came up, he started with, "I'm not going to talk about Bill Clinton. That's why we're all here. Let me tell you guys about me..."

The audience at all of these debates seemed to be pretty left-biased, with the left wing candidates getting applause when they made their declarative statements, but the moderates got a tepid response. Actually gave kind of a home-field advantage sort of feel for the left wingers. I felt bad for the moderates, who made the most sense by far, but were treated like they were crazy.

With all of that said, if Bernie and Warren stick around until near the end, then Biden is probably the nominee. Tulsi Gabbard might have done for Joe Biden what Chris Chirstie did for Trump in 2016 (when he suicide-attacked Rubio). If it really sticks in voters' minds that Kamala Harris fucked tons of innocent people in California, then she's going to really struggle going forward. Actually wouldn't hurt her badly in a general election (she might gain votes from people in the center or center-right due to the perception of being tough on crime), but in a Democratic primary it could be a disaster.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Trump has actually been pretty good as far as promises go. Yeah, the wall hasn't happened yet, but at least he's been trying. Presidents typically fail to keep most of their promises, so Trump's doing a lot better than average with that, even with the small things.

Honestly, the Trump we got is pretty much the Trump he said we were going to get. The issue with Trump now is exactly the issue with Trump during the 2016 campaign -- he's unpredictable, un-Presidential, and is a loose cannon on Twitter.

I thought it was stupid when candidates at the debate bashed Trump. Every single candidate on that stage hates Trump, and most of the voters they're vying for also dislike Trump. Each candidate should have looked to separate themselves from the others, and the only talk about Trump should have been how they would be able to beat him.

Reminds me of when Master Scalir ran to be a delegate for the Democratic Primary in 1996. The whole process was laughable, with the voting taking place BEFORE everyone's speeches (lol). But that aside, Ken and everyone else spent almost their whole speech bashing the Republicans and praising Bill Clinton. When the guy following Ken came up, he started with, "I'm not going to talk about Bill Clinton. That's why we're all here. Let me tell you guys about me..."

The audience at all of these debates seemed to be pretty left-biased, with the left wing candidates getting applause when they made their declarative statements, but the moderates got a tepid response. Actually gave kind of a home-field advantage sort of feel for the left wingers. I felt bad for the moderates, who made the most sense by far, but were treated like they were crazy.

With all of that said, if Bernie and Warren stick around until near the end, then Biden is probably the nominee. Tulsi Gabbard might have done for Joe Biden what Chris Chirstie did for Trump in 2016 (when he suicide-attacked Rubio). If it really sticks in voters' minds that Kamala Harris fucked tons of innocent people in California, then she's going to really struggle going forward. Actually wouldn't hurt her badly in a general election (she might gain votes from people in the center or center-right due to the perception of being tough on crime), but in a Democratic primary it could be a disaster.
    just a little...

Name:  Capture9999.PNG
Views: 361
Size:  107.6 KB

Load Metric
    kamala harris's advisers now pushing the tulsi gabbard is a russian spy narrative.

this is actually happening. fucking democrats.

Load Metric
    funny that you think this. it seems like the candidates on stage took more opportunity bashing obama than trump.

obama has like a 99.9% favorability rating with democrats so i'm not sure how that was a smart strategy, but i guess we'll see

Load Metric
    funny that you think this. it seems like the candidates on stage took more opportunity bashing obama than trump.

obama has like a 99.9% favorability rating with democrats so i'm not sure how that was a smart strategy, but i guess we'll see
    Obama was center-right on a lot of economic issues, and those kinds of policies aren’t what a majority of voters now want anymore. They want what progressives are pushing for, and Elizabeth Warren is doing an excellent job talking up policy changes that will bring a lot of disallusioned middle class voters out of the woodwork to vote next year.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Obama was center-right on a lot of economic issues, and those kinds of policies aren’t what a majority of voters now want anymore. They want what progressives are pushing for, and Elizabeth Warren is doing an excellent job talking up policy changes that will bring a lot of disallusioned middle class voters out of the woodwork to vote next year.

while the option for medicare for all is popular with the general public, abolishing private insurance is extremely unpopular.

sanders and warren are the only dem candidates to be pushing this (or at least the only legit candidates).

harris said she was for getting rid of private insurance too, but reversed that position like a day later.

i raise this point because there is no way in hell the american people elect a candidate who says "vote for me and we'll get rid of your insurance even if you like it, but don't worry the government's got you".

no. way. in. hell.

if she, instead, pushed a public option, she'd be viable.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

You're high

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

while the option for medicare for all is popular with the general public, abolishing private insurance is extremely unpopular.

sanders and warren are the only dem candidates to be pushing this (or at least the only legit candidates).

harris said she was for getting rid of private insurance too, but reversed that position like a day later.

i raise this point because there is no way in hell the american people elect a candidate who says "vote for me and we'll get rid of your insurance even if you like it, but don't worry the government's got you".

no. way. in. hell.

Why doesn't anyone promote a two tier health care system that allows for overall coverage for Joe Average and a private/semi private system for stuck up richies like Tony Douchebag.
    Sorry Tone I just needed a stand-in name

Also, you put Elizabeth Warren in Gabbards body or that of an obtuse blowhard like Trump and you've got your next Prez.

Out of the mouthes of "babes".....CORRUPTION ...If politicians were not allowed to lie publicly, take donations from lobby groups or attain office for the wealth it could bring about there would be no rEpublican party.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :soothsayer
    Last edited by limitles; 08-01-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

no. way. in. hell.

Why doesn't anyone promote a two tier health care system that allows for overall coverage for Joe Average and a private/semi private system for stuck up richies like Tony Douchebag.

Also, you put Elizabeth Warren in Gabbards body or that of an obtuse blowhard like Trump and you've got your next Prez.
    Hey Dumb Shit,

You realize Canada has 30 Million people and the USA has 350 Million people with 20 times the GDP??? You realize that, correct? Stop comparing the USA to Canada with anything especially healthcare, it's not comparable. You are just a fucking drunk dummy, stop projecting anything we are all sick of you, I bet even your Canuck neighbors hate you. You are just a intoxicated bumbling idiot in a nice little country. That is about it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Hey Dumb Shit,

You realize Canada has 30 Million people and the USA has 350 Million people with 20 times the GDP??? You realize that, correct? Stop comparing the USA to Canada with anything especially healthcare, it's not comparable. You are just a fucking drunk dummy, stop projecting anything we are all sick of you, I bet even your Canuck neighbors hate you. You are just a intoxicated bumbling idiot in a nice little country. That is about it.
    Listen up you dipshit plumbers apprentice. One of the reasons your country is so fucked up is that it's large popluation is more or less run by 50 little republics within. This means division and one state or area can be played off against the other. Take a look at other larger population nations. They are not by ruled terrritory.
    You are a backward nation that stumbled into wealth because you sat out two world wars. Woopy doo it's coming to an end. Thank Gord

You are the larger countries Switzerland

more for the idiot

"August 31, 2017 - Companies from across industries use economies of scale to realize cost savings. While hospitals and health systems are borrowing the economic concept to reduce spending, many healthcare organizations have encountered challenges with achieving the benefits of economies of scale.
    The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) defines economies of scale as the “gains provided through the consolidation of effort or volume.” In other words, companies can lower the per-unit fixed costs of their goods by generating a greater quantity of the good. Costs are spread over a larger number of products, therefore realizing savings for the company.
    As claim reimbursement rates fall across public and private payers, hospitals and health systems are under increasing pressure to contain their costs. Achieving economies of scale is a key strategy for larger healthcare organizations to reduce and control their costs, according to about 29 percent of hospital executives who plan to use this strategy in 2017.
    Large organizations are turning to healthcare mergers and acquisitions to implement economies of scale strategies. Healthcare merger and acquisition activities recently increased by 15 percent in the second quarter of 2017 compared to the previous quarter."

https://revcycleintelligence.com/new...omies-of-scale
    Last edited by limitles; 08-01-2019 at 06:15 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric

this is why I cant watch this shit...attacking Obama through biden seems so fucking stupid...

so does the whole segregationist angle...basically by doing that you're saying that Obama was too stupid to see that biden was a racist...really guys that's the best you can come up with?

Thread Information